Snyder's of Hanover
Lanceisinmypants

Tucker, GA

#3525 May 15, 2013
Alwayssomething66 wrote:
Anyone heard the news on these rollout meetings that we have to attend ? I heard it was to help with making more money? Anyone had one yet?
meeting still 5 weeks away for us , I am sure it's something to benefit them ....
Ben Dover

Frederick, MD

#3526 May 15, 2013
I heard the Dms hand pick who attends, that way there is not to much bashing, do not send the people who are really pissed off.

Since: May 13

Tucker, GA

#3527 May 15, 2013
Ok from the info I have gotten it has something to do with how our settlements are done. Something to help us in how we get paid. Something to make us more money. I have an updated handheld and I've sat through a meeting already with others on new ideas. It's something to do with our settlements I know that much
Tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

#3528 May 15, 2013
Alwayssomething66 wrote:
Ok from the info I have gotten it has something to do with how our settlements are done. Something to help us in how we get paid. Something to make us more money. I have an updated handheld and I've sat through a meeting already with others on new ideas. It's something to do with our settlements I know that much
when you going to this meeting? I've heard rumors of this change coming. I've heard it from zone level people.

Since: May 13

Tucker, GA

#3529 May 15, 2013
Next month. What have you heard?
Tattooed pretzel

Greensburg, PA

#3530 May 16, 2013
Alwayssomething66 wrote:
Next month. What have you heard?
I've heard that the turnover numbers are crushing and they have been looking at the legality of changing pay structure so that ibo is making more $ and turnover cuts drastically. I know this to be true because I trust the guy who told me. He's a zone level management guy but I know him personally.
just trying to get by

United States

#3531 May 16, 2013
If SL is having a meeting about money you better believe its how they can make more. All they do is screw us and there is no less than 10 guys in my area that wants out. There is talk of a buyback here to add some new routes. If they do, no one plans to sign new contract the way it is worded. They will also lose 4 guys out of the10 that run over 10k aweek and are considered to be the leaders for our area. I think once they leave the rest will follow.
WNY Distributer

United States

#3532 May 16, 2013
Tattooed pretzel wrote:
<quoted text> I've heard that the turnover numbers are crushing and they have been looking at the legality of changing pay structure so that ibo is making more $ and turnover cuts drastically. I know this to be true because I trust the guy who told me. He's a zone level management guy but I know him personally.
Just had a meeting with the suits from Snyders....complete waste of time. Bottom line , no changes will be made to anything. Margins will remain the same . We were told that we signed the contract and should not expect it to change. Any controversial issues that were brought up by the IBO's was glossed over with BS. I came away very disappointed as did every IBO that attended. Very sad
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3533 May 16, 2013
Alwayssomething66 wrote:
Anyone heard the news on these rollout meetings that we have to attend ? I heard it was to help with making more money? Anyone had one yet?
How is anybody supposed to answer that question when you won't even list the state you're in?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3534 May 16, 2013
S-L don't care about you making more $$.

S-L don't care about your equity either. If they did partner brand crossdocks would be added to your sales register. In all honesty they love the fact that you lose equity. Saves them money if and when your routes are bought back.

S-L is the shadiest of all and cant be trusted. Take the opposite of what they say to get closer to the truth.

This is the only outfit I know that adds partner brand sales towards the purchase of a route. If that PB leaves you will receive zero monies back. Shady, shady S-L will never change their ways.

Since: May 13

Tucker, GA

#3535 May 16, 2013
Again, I've already had a meeting that was pretty much useless. This one is next month regarding our settlements. If anyone has one about this topic feel free to share. I will when mine comes.
whadda joke

Shippensburg, PA

#3536 May 16, 2013
Even if invited I wouldn't go to the meeting unless I felt there was iminent change on the horizon. I, like most of you, do not trust Snyder's and I haven't for many years. I recall nothing in all my years that really benefitted me, the route saleperson. It always benefitted them. I seriously doubt they will change. A leopard does not change its spots.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3537 May 16, 2013
Understanding how to read the settlement statement will teach you how to get paid, again nothing to do with sales growth.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3538 May 16, 2013
My dealings with SL has always been honest and straight forward, they supply the product you must manage to be profitable. It is straight forward, you don't control inventory, your income is tied up in inventory.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3539 May 16, 2013
YOU DONT GET PAID.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3540 May 16, 2013
cookieman wrote:
YOU DONT GET PAID.
UNLESS you manage your inventory and understand your settlement statements.
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3541 May 16, 2013
cookieman wrote:
Understanding how to read the settlement statement will teach you how to get paid, again nothing to do with sales growth.
They did spent a lot of time on HOW to read settlements...as if we are morons and can't figure it out..it's all smoke and mirrors boys...plain and simple. They gloss it over with fake sympathy for the IBO's . When it came to covering 100% of the PA's they shut it right down. A complete waste of time!!!
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3542 May 16, 2013
Problem is this...none of the management team that attended the meeting were never route people. It's very easy to sit there and tell us how good we have when they have absolutely no clue how tough it is out on the field. Walking in a store and looking at a shelf does not make you an expert! I would love to switch positions with them for 6 months...I would bet they could not deal with not only the financial aspects of running your business but also the physical part.
Lanceisinmypants

Tucker, GA

#3543 May 16, 2013
cookieman wrote:
My dealings with SL has always been honest and straight forward, they supply the product you must manage to be profitable. It is straight forward, you don't control inventory, your income is tied up in inventory.
industry low comission is the problem .... It's not rocket science you buy 5,000 and sell 4,500 you don't get paid
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3544 May 16, 2013
Lanceisinmypants wrote:
<quoted text> industry low comission is the problem .... It's not rocket science you buy 5,000 and sell 4,500 you don't get paid
BINGO DADDIO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utz buys Golden Flake 11 hr jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul 23 Jan 22
News Last chance to get free fresh produce from Agen... Jul 23 test 1
Kitchen Fitters Manchester Jul 1 ceagceog432 1
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun '16 Davenport 2
107178 PB Filled Pieces Jun '16 Mattiecakes918 1
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun '16 Mary jane 3

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages