Old School Lance Man

Holly Springs, NC

#3495 May 10, 2013
Marco wrote:
I'm purchasing a Snyder's route in Staten Island, NY. The sales commission is 18% for health snack sales & 20% for Snyder's products. They are talking about a transition to Lance but nothing has happened yet. New Jersey has already transitioned and their sales commission was reduced to 17%. The seller is asking $225K and Snyder's is will to finance $215 note at 7% over 10 years. The current owner (seller is servicing 3 additional stores that aren't his because the route owner of those stores was kicked out be the store managers for lack of service. Can anyone experienced with Snyder's give me an idea of what may be going on with this whole deal?
Run Forrest Run!!!!!!!!!!
Marco

Staten Island, NY

#3496 May 10, 2013
just trying to get by wrote:
Stay away.
They quoted me a ratio of 25:1
Marco

Staten Island, NY

#3497 May 10, 2013
Additional note: I was quoted a ratio of 25:1 based on $8,600/week in sales resulting in a purchase price of $215,000 but the IO wants $225,000 no truck included. What do you guys think?
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3498 May 10, 2013
Former UTZ IBO wrote:
<quoted text>
What ratio did they quote you? What was the average weekly sales? Was the 3 stores that were being serviced included in the asking price? I will tell you, along with everyone here, if you weren't in this business before S-L then you should stay away. You will be disappointed once you sign on the dotted line.
The commission is correct, for now. Depending on the area you will not be making 20% and 18% going foward, unless it's a rural route.
I can't say it enough you really should stay away. Unless you can obtain a contract and have your lawyer go through it with you, you will be obtaining a lawyer after you sign. By then it's too late.
Anyone and everyone please chime in..........
First...what is the weekly average for the route??
Marco

Staten Island, NY

#3499 May 10, 2013
just trying to get by wrote:
Stay away.
Regarding the 3 additional stores being serviced. They are not included in the asking price of $225,000.
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3500 May 10, 2013
Marco wrote:
Additional note: I was quoted a ratio of 25:1 based on $8,600/week in sales resulting in a purchase price of $215,000 but the IO wants $225,000 no truck included. What do you guys think?
In my opinion that price us to high...150,000 with truck. At 8600 a week you should make 1500 a week, if you sell down inventory each week
Marco

Staten Island, NY

#3501 May 10, 2013
WNY Distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion that price us to high...150,000 with truck. At 8600 a week you should make 1500 a week, if you sell down inventory each week
The good part about the route however is that it's a tight route no more than 10 miles away from my house and all stores (mostly carge accounts are lined up close to each other. Gas for the week would'nt be more than $60 and servicing can be done in 3 or 4 days working 4-6 hrs per week. doesn't this raise the value of the route? Additionally, what in your opinion is the total breakdown of expenses? do trucks break down alot? I won't be traveling that many miles.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3502 May 11, 2013
Marco wrote:
Offer 10 to 1
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3503 May 11, 2013
Go to PFRoutes.com . For 220000.00 buy a pepperidge farm route. There is one listed in Staten Island.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3504 May 11, 2013
Marco, at 25-1 paying 7% interest on $8,600 weekly volume you won't be clearing squat at the end of the week and that's even if you know how to manage your inventory. Get a regular job at $15 an hour with benefits and you'll be better off. If you must do it, by all means negotiate the ratio. If it's company owned pay no more than 12-1. It the IBO is selling it no more than 18-1.
Marco

Staten Island, NY

#3505 May 11, 2013
Fishin Buddy wrote:
Marco, at 25-1 paying 7% interest on $8,600 weekly volume you won't be clearing squat at the end of the week and that's even if you know how to manage your inventory. Get a regular job at $15 an hour with benefits and you'll be better off. If you must do it, by all means negotiate the ratio. If it's company owned pay no more than 12-1. It the IBO is selling it no more than 18-1.
I appreciate the input. Thanks Fishin Buddy
Marco

Staten Island, NY

#3506 May 11, 2013
cookieman wrote:
Go to PFRoutes.com . For 220000.00 buy a pepperidge farm route. There is one listed in Staten Island.
Thanks for the info cookieman. Can you tell me how I can get more information about this Pepperidge farm route on SI or who I can contact?
Marco

Staten Island, NY

#3507 May 11, 2013
cookieman wrote:
Thanks again. I'll look into it.
Lanceisinmypants

Duluth, GA

#3508 May 11, 2013
Marco wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again. I'll look into it.
get a letter in the mail saying going to start charging us 5 bucks for a missing invoice ... Whats the 35$ bucks a week for ? How about I start charging these clowns 200 bucks a week for lost revenue cause of no product in the warehouse ..#theseclownsareajoke
Lanceisinmypants

Duluth, GA

#3509 May 11, 2013
Fishin Buddy wrote:
with nothing down and 7 percent for 10 years thats 680 a week payment ... No way
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3510 May 12, 2013
Marco wrote:
<quoted text>
The good part about the route however is that it's a tight route no more than 10 miles away from my house and all stores (mostly carge accounts are lined up close to each other. Gas for the week would'nt be more than $60 and servicing can be done in 3 or 4 days working 4-6 hrs per week. doesn't this raise the value of the route? Additionally, what in your opinion is the total breakdown of expenses? do trucks break down alot? I won't be traveling that many miles.
Being a tight rote does help and yes , truck do breakdown,unless you purchase a new one which then adds more expences! Gas, repairs, insurances including truck, business, health , disability . These all add to the cost of the route
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3511 May 12, 2013
Lanceisinmypants wrote:
<quoted text> get a letter in the mail saying going to start charging us 5 bucks for a missing invoice ... Whats the 35$ bucks a week for ? How about I start charging these clowns 200 bucks a week for lost revenue cause of no product in the warehouse ..#theseclownsareajoke
Just another way to nickel and dime the IBO''s
Marco

Staten Island, NY

#3512 May 12, 2013
cookieman wrote:
The Pepperidge Farm route listed in Staten Island Makes $1000 less in sales per week than the Snyders route and I would be paying almost the same price as the Snyder's route. Where do you see the advantage of that? Is it because Pepperidge Farms is so much of a better company?
Marco

Staten Island, NY

#3513 May 12, 2013
Do you guys think it's a good idea to speak with other route owners in Staten Island to get a feel of what they think about Snyders and to get info on any changes that might be going on in the future. Does anyone in this forum know for sure if Snyders will be going through a transition in New York?
BLUEGRASS

Louisville, KY

#3514 May 12, 2013
In Louisville pepp farms makes 23% crackers 25% bread. Even at 1ooo less/wk in sales you be makin more at pepp. PF don't pay promo dollars round here either. Please remember S-L is the lowest payin gig to distributors. Once the transition happens S-L will chop your route up , pay you less , and shove a hard pretzel down your throat.

I would advise anyone not to invest with S-L.

SINCERELY,

former Snyders distributor.
Marco wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pepperidge Farm route listed in Staten Island Makes $1000 less in sales per week than the Snyders route and I would be paying almost the same price as the Snyder's route. Where do you see the advantage of that? Is it because Pepperidge Farms is so much of a better company?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Oct 17 Leroy Smedlap 9
Snyder's Lance Oct 17 Long Time Lance Man 5
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... Oct 14 Summa 30
Question Oct 5 Helpneeded 1
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Oct 3 anonymous 52
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 1
bulllys at the work place. Sep '14 Petal Power 3
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs