cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3475 May 6, 2013
Jimmy Jo wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried that and my route volume slowly dropped. At the end of the day we are paid on commission. As long as stales don't become a problem order as much as possible and pack it out. Yes there are some weeks that I barely pay for my load but usually the next week ill make it up. I know a lot of guys that are running far below what their route average was when we were company routes just because they r playing the inventory game.
Annually income is about total annual sales volume, but as a multi-line distributor, I just need to be paid at least once a month. If this was my only source of income it would be frustrating. Again it is not a model geared towards sales for the distributor.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3476 May 6, 2013
WNY Distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
Cookieman,
This is the most intelligent statement made about how to make money.....unfortunately it leads to empty shelves, but it is what it is. We must sell down inventory each week in order to make any kind of money.
I am not stating you should have empty shelves, but you need to have an empty warehouse or truck, again not sales driven.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3477 May 6, 2013
You
Jimmy Jo wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried that and my route volume slowly dropped. At the end of the day we are paid on commission. As long as stales don't become a problem order as much as possible and pack it out. Yes there are some weeks that I barely pay for my load but usually the next week ill make it up. I know a lot of guys that are running far below what their route average was when we were company routes just because they r playing the inventory game.
You are paid ultimately are inventory.
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3478 May 7, 2013
Inv vs sales...without inv you will have little sales..everyones route is different and no one knows your route as well as you. The key is to sell what you load in the amount of time you have depending on your loading terms. If you load a bit heavy or have a slow week..leave some backstock in stores where allowed to get it off your truck if need be. The key is to see what works for you on your route and remember sell what you load.:)
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3479 May 7, 2013
123abc wrote:
Inv vs sales...without inv you will have little sales..everyones route is different and no one knows your route as well as you. The key is to sell what you load in the amount of time you have depending on your loading terms. If you load a bit heavy or have a slow week..leave some backstock in stores where allowed to get it off your truck if need be. The key is to see what works for you on your route and remember sell what you load.:)
You mean load what you can sell, when available.
just trying to get by

United States

#3480 May 8, 2013
Us IBO's here have talked to the OTB , Pirate Booty, Kettle and FSTG reps and they all say SL is getting 100% of the promo costs refunded. After telling them most of us refuse to build displays because of it, they were mad and wanted to know why SL is causing less movements while on sale thus wasting their promo $. So because of the unethical business practices of SL we might lose or see less promo activity.
Poor Lance Dude

Southfield, MI

#3481 May 8, 2013
Question for you guys: Has anyone here raised prices on your small chips for cash stops? Did anyone notice or get on you about it? With gas prices the way they are we should be able to do this. If Snyders Lance wants to squeeze us, maybe we should squeeze are cash stops!!!!
Lanceisinmypants

United States

#3482 May 8, 2013
just trying to get by wrote:
Us IBO's here have talked to the OTB , Pirate Booty, Kettle and FSTG reps and they all say SL is getting 100% of the promo costs refunded. After telling them most of us refuse to build displays because of it, they were mad and wanted to know why SL is causing less movements while on sale thus wasting their promo $. So because of the unethical business practices of SL we might lose or see less promo activity.
this 47.5 percent profit on fstg for publix while we make 2 bucks a case is bs ..
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3483 May 8, 2013
just trying to get by wrote:
If this is true...good! IBO's should be losing profit margins . Bad business practice on Snyders part
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3484 May 8, 2013
Poor Lance Dude wrote:
Question for you guys: Has anyone here raised prices on your small chips for cash stops? Did anyone notice or get on you about it? With gas prices the way they are we should be able to do this. If Snyders Lance wants to squeeze us, maybe we should squeeze are cash stops!!!!
If the product moves squeeze away
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3485 May 9, 2013
Okay we have reached a new milestone, no toastchee in our warehouse, no cream cheese, no peanut butter honey etc, Walmart look like swiss cheese, other stores are also looking bad, is this an issue all over or just in the Mid Atlantic?
Lanceisinmypants

Duluth, GA

#3486 May 9, 2013
Poor Lance Dude wrote:
don't screw the mom and pop ! If 2 or 3 dollars either way is going to break you, it might be time to find something else to do , only snyders would suggest screwing the small cutomers as they have got good @ it from screwing the ibos ...
GSMary

Kernersville, NC

#3487 May 9, 2013
NC Kernersvile ONLY had toastchee, toasty and nekots this weekend. NO other flavs. Plus out of half the nuts.
Ben Dover wrote:
Okay we have reached a new milestone, no toastchee in our warehouse, no cream cheese, no peanut butter honey etc, Walmart look like swiss cheese, other stores are also looking bad, is this an issue all over or just in the Mid Atlantic?
Long Time Lance Man

Northampton, PA

#3488 May 9, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
I worked for Lance for 24 years. Lance could fill almost 100% of my orders every week. When Snyder's took the company over. they started shorting my orders 50% every week. I was shorted more product in the last year I was with them then in the previous 24 years combined. They are a pathetic company to work for. I was let go when they set the new routes up in 2012. I am glad I did not work for them.

Marco

Staten Island, NY

#3489 May 10, 2013
I'm purchasing a Snyder's route in Staten Island, NY. The sales commission is 18% for health snack sales & 20% for Snyder's products. They are talking about a transition to Lance but nothing has happened yet. New Jersey has already transitioned and their sales commission was reduced to 17%. The seller is asking $225K and Snyder's is will to finance $215 note at 7% over 10 years. The current owner (seller is servicing 3 additional stores that aren't his because the route owner of those stores was kicked out be the store managers for lack of service. Can anyone experienced with Snyder's give me an idea of what may be going on with this whole deal?
Former UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#3490 May 10, 2013
Marco wrote:
I'm purchasing a Snyder's route in Staten Island, NY. The sales commission is 18% for health snack sales & 20% for Snyder's products. They are talking about a transition to Lance but nothing has happened yet. New Jersey has already transitioned and their sales commission was reduced to 17%. The seller is asking $225K and Snyder's is will to finance $215 note at 7% over 10 years. The current owner (seller is servicing 3 additional stores that aren't his because the route owner of those stores was kicked out be the store managers for lack of service. Can anyone experienced with Snyder's give me an idea of what may be going on with this whole deal?
What ratio did they quote you? What was the average weekly sales? Was the 3 stores that were being serviced included in the asking price? I will tell you, along with everyone here, if you weren't in this business before S-L then you should stay away. You will be disappointed once you sign on the dotted line.

The commission is correct, for now. Depending on the area you will not be making 20% and 18% going foward, unless it's a rural route.

I can't say it enough you really should stay away. Unless you can obtain a contract and have your lawyer go through it with you, you will be obtaining a lawyer after you sign. By then it's too late.

Anyone and everyone please chime in..........
just trying to get by

Fort Worth, TX

#3491 May 10, 2013
Stay away.
george

Brick, NJ

#3492 May 10, 2013
first of all the stores he is doing for the other person sounds like he is doing it so the guy doesnt loss his route!! When they reroute u will lose those stores plus Im sure others.If u understand this and good with that plus losing 3 percent go for it. Good luck
lame duck

Kenosha, WI

#3493 May 10, 2013
The font on the new computers is tiny and hard to read I wish I could go back to old handheld.
Old School Lance Man

Holly Springs, NC

#3494 May 10, 2013
Long Time Lance Man wrote:
<quoted text> I worked for Lance for 24 years. Lance could fill almost 100% of my orders every week. When Snyder's took the company over. they started shorting my orders 50% every week. I was shorted more product in the last year I was with them then in the previous 24 years combined. They are a pathetic company to work for. I was let go when they set the new routes up in 2012. I am glad I did not work for them.
Long Time..........Change it to 22 1/2 years and you have written this about me......... Lance is getting paid back for merging with Snyders..........This supposed equal merger was 50 1/2 to 49 1/2 with Snyder the 50 1/2 and calling the shots..........

Snyder/Lance sucks as a company and they deserve to suffer for it....But they will not..........They screwed the IO's so they are happy..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov '14 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web