Snyder's of Hanover
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3462 May 4, 2013
SNYDERS OF BE HANGOVER wrote:
I asked how much you guys were paying in taxes and I expect an answer!!
How many guys did your wife sleep with before you married her?
new route guy in ny

Springfield, NJ

#3463 May 4, 2013
Anyone in NY having any of these problems and anything being done with it?
Canthandle

Columbus, NC

#3464 May 5, 2013
style_dog wrote:
Has anyone heard what has happened in Greenville, SC? I heard that one of the regional sales managers is no longer with the company for whatever reason.
Warehouse audit came up over 70k short, snyders started digging and found some other infractions at the location and they canned him.
SNYDERS OF HANGOVER

United States

#3465 May 5, 2013
I wanna know how much taxes you guys are paying and I want to know NOW!!!! Is that too complicated for you to understand???
Lanceisinmypants

United States

#3466 May 5, 2013
SNYDERS OF HANGOVER wrote:
I wanna know how much taxes you guys are paying and I want to know NOW!!!! Is that too complicated for you to understand???
I see we have a dumb moron I mean snyders d m with to much time on his hands ...
sam

United States

#3469 May 6, 2013
If they would pay us weekly on what sales we do weekly they wouldn't have people leaving and selling so frequently
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3471 May 6, 2013
Its not about sales for the IBO, its about managing inventory to get paid. Its not a sales driven model.
Jimmy Jo

Magee, MS

#3472 May 6, 2013
cookieman wrote:
Its not about sales for the IBO, its about managing inventory to get paid. Its not a sales driven model.
I tried that and my route volume slowly dropped. At the end of the day we are paid on commission. As long as stales don't become a problem order as much as possible and pack it out. Yes there are some weeks that I barely pay for my load but usually the next week ill make it up. I know a lot of guys that are running far below what their route average was when we were company routes just because they r playing the inventory game.
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3473 May 6, 2013
cookieman wrote:
Cookieman,

This is the most intelligent statement made about how to make money.....unfortunately it leads to empty shelves, but it is what it is. We must sell down inventory each week in order to make any kind of money.
sam

United States

#3474 May 6, 2013
if we got paid by sales per week instead of playing the inventory game every week we would be happy and want to maximize sales weekly instead of worrying about deferments and inventory. It wod also grow sales for the company. It would be a win win for everybody
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3475 May 6, 2013
Jimmy Jo wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried that and my route volume slowly dropped. At the end of the day we are paid on commission. As long as stales don't become a problem order as much as possible and pack it out. Yes there are some weeks that I barely pay for my load but usually the next week ill make it up. I know a lot of guys that are running far below what their route average was when we were company routes just because they r playing the inventory game.
Annually income is about total annual sales volume, but as a multi-line distributor, I just need to be paid at least once a month. If this was my only source of income it would be frustrating. Again it is not a model geared towards sales for the distributor.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3476 May 6, 2013
WNY Distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
Cookieman,
This is the most intelligent statement made about how to make money.....unfortunately it leads to empty shelves, but it is what it is. We must sell down inventory each week in order to make any kind of money.
I am not stating you should have empty shelves, but you need to have an empty warehouse or truck, again not sales driven.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3477 May 6, 2013
You
Jimmy Jo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are paid ultimately are inventory.
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3478 May 7, 2013
Inv vs sales...without inv you will have little sales..everyones route is different and no one knows your route as well as you. The key is to sell what you load in the amount of time you have depending on your loading terms. If you load a bit heavy or have a slow week..leave some backstock in stores where allowed to get it off your truck if need be. The key is to see what works for you on your route and remember sell what you load.:)
Ben Dover

Frederick, MD

#3479 May 7, 2013
123abc wrote:
Inv vs sales...without inv you will have little sales..everyones route is different and no one knows your route as well as you. The key is to sell what you load in the amount of time you have depending on your loading terms. If you load a bit heavy or have a slow week..leave some backstock in stores where allowed to get it off your truck if need be. The key is to see what works for you on your route and remember sell what you load.:)
You mean load what you can sell, when available.
just trying to get by

Atlanta, GA

#3480 May 8, 2013
Us IBO's here have talked to the OTB , Pirate Booty, Kettle and FSTG reps and they all say SL is getting 100% of the promo costs refunded. After telling them most of us refuse to build displays because of it, they were mad and wanted to know why SL is causing less movements while on sale thus wasting their promo $. So because of the unethical business practices of SL we might lose or see less promo activity.
Poor Lance Dude

Southfield, MI

#3481 May 8, 2013
Question for you guys: Has anyone here raised prices on your small chips for cash stops? Did anyone notice or get on you about it? With gas prices the way they are we should be able to do this. If Snyders Lance wants to squeeze us, maybe we should squeeze are cash stops!!!!
Lanceisinmypants

United States

#3482 May 8, 2013
just trying to get by wrote:
Us IBO's here have talked to the OTB , Pirate Booty, Kettle and FSTG reps and they all say SL is getting 100% of the promo costs refunded. After telling them most of us refuse to build displays because of it, they were mad and wanted to know why SL is causing less movements while on sale thus wasting their promo $. So because of the unethical business practices of SL we might lose or see less promo activity.
this 47.5 percent profit on fstg for publix while we make 2 bucks a case is bs ..
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3483 May 8, 2013
just trying to get by wrote:
If this is true...good! IBO's should be losing profit margins . Bad business practice on Snyders part
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3484 May 8, 2013
Poor Lance Dude wrote:
Question for you guys: Has anyone here raised prices on your small chips for cash stops? Did anyone notice or get on you about it? With gas prices the way they are we should be able to do this. If Snyders Lance wants to squeeze us, maybe we should squeeze are cash stops!!!!
If the product moves squeeze away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Sam's Club Still Planned for Gateway? (Nov '13) Nov 22 Amanda 2
News Power outage hits rush hour (May '10) Nov 20 David Dell 16
News Ex-security guard charged in thefts at Hanover ... (May '11) Oct '16 Private 6
News Police: Littlestown woman bites child as discip... Oct '16 privone2001 3
Ummmm......yeah Oct '16 waitwhatwhowhenho... 1
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul '16 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul '16 Jan 22

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages