Lanceisinmypants

United States

#3431 Apr 28, 2013
123abc wrote:
Is there a report we can print to show us a breakdown of allowances we are receiving per item per store? I know route summary report shows total allowances for snyders and partner brands but how do we know we are being credited properly without an individual breakdown? IE...Wal Mart?? Safeway invoices show a total allowance on invoice but not Wal Mart, etc. I feel all invoices should show allowances by item and a total at bottom of invoice. If audited, that would be a major cluster and since we pay a service fee for billing, etc I believe snyders/lance would have a lot of explaining to do to the "feds"????
look @ the end of the week settlement u get from snyders in the mail , they give u back 83 percent or 81 percent of allowances depending on what percentage u make in the area you are in .
just trying to get by

United States

#3432 Apr 28, 2013
I have heard going back to a system where what u load doesn't matter. You are paid by what u sell. Its the way they did it before the merger I heard. People got a check each week and they had no turnover.
why

Virginia Beach, VA

#3433 Apr 28, 2013
just trying to get by wrote:
I have heard going back to a system where what u load doesn't matter. You are paid by what u sell. Its the way they did it before the merger I heard. People got a check each week and they had no turnover.
yes they were the good old days. but why would they change anything that would benefit us ,the ibo's ? they must like the way things are going , loosing space in every store, the stores never beeing fully stocked.
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3434 Apr 28, 2013
Lanceisinmypants wrote:
<quoted text> look @ the end of the week settlement u get from snyders in the mail , they give u back 83 percent or 81 percent of allowances depending on what percentage u make in the area you are in .
I understand the percentages...how do u know u are receiving proper credit on the amount you sell? As an example..if you buy for 1.00 you should sell in for 1.19 or 1.17 depending on your area. If it shows the stores cost is say 1.12..how do you know you are receiving the proper allowance when they don't show a breakdown of allowances on invoice?
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3435 Apr 28, 2013
123abc wrote:
<quoted text>I understand the percentages...how do u know u are receiving proper credit on the amount you sell? As an example..if you buy for 1.00 you should sell in for 1.19 or 1.17 depending on your area. If it shows the stores cost is say 1.12..how do you know you are receiving the proper allowance when they don't show a breakdown of allowances on invoice?
You must trust the crack accounting team of the empire, S-L would NEVER try to cheat you out of one dime, a nickle maybe, but not a dime, hahahaha
WNY Distributor

Rochester, NY

#3436 Apr 28, 2013
123abc wrote:
Is there a report we can print to show us a breakdown of allowances we are receiving per item per store? I know route summary report shows total allowances for snyders and partner brands but how do we know we are being credited properly without an individual breakdown? IE...Wal Mart?? Safeway invoices show a total allowance on invoice but not Wal Mart, etc. I feel all invoices should show allowances by item and a total at bottom of invoice. If audited, that would be a major cluster and since we pay a service fee for billing, etc I believe snyders/lance would have a lot of explaining to do to the "feds"????
I have asked that numerous times , but I have never received a adequate answer
just trying to get by

United States

#3437 Apr 29, 2013
why wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they were the good old days. but why would they change anything that would benefit us ,the ibo's ? they must like the way things are going , loosing space in every store, the stores never beeing fully stocked.
with people walking left and right I guess they finally realized the problem of people won't work if they don't get paid.
Not yo cheese

United States

#3438 Apr 29, 2013
When these clowns try to say they're the number two snack company that cracks me up! They might be number two but its a very very distant two! In fact , there not even on fritos radar! The problem with Snyder-lance is they've got a bunch of frito rejects running the company.
Snyders of Hangover

Beeville, TX

#3439 Apr 29, 2013
Hi, What amount of taxes r you guyes paying
Yeah

Red Lion, PA

#3440 Apr 29, 2013
Not yo cheese wrote:
When these clowns try to say they're the number two snack company that cracks me up! They might be number two but its a very very distant two! In fact , there not even on fritos radar! The problem with Snyder-lance is they've got a bunch of frito rejects running the company.
How did you know about the frito rejects? They seem to go right to Snyder's and then immediately bad mouth frito. Snyder's shelf space gets smaller and smaller. People from snyder's were bragging about the bigger than usual raises that they received this year, though. I guess it was from that extra money that the snyder's side received from the merger and inside stock tips that they used. Oh that's right. Nobody's really talked about that yet.
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3441 Apr 30, 2013
2nd worst smacl food comp wrote:
The whole system is broke, I never should have signed the contract. They will tell you that SL is second largest snack food company but they can't even afford to have employees with benefits or even pay gas and upkeep on fleet.
The out of stocks in the Littlestown warehouse have been horrible, if my store had that many holes I'm sure I would get a call, however they act like its no big deal, what do they care if we can't make any money.
Its not just Littlestown, its ALL warehouses, are going Hostess?
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3442 Apr 30, 2013
"its ALL warehouses, are going Hostess?"

Can you phrase that a little better please? I don't know what you mean.
Struggling pretzel guy

Danielson, CT

#3443 Apr 30, 2013
Why can't they pay us 100 percent on promo items? They want us to sell displays and grow the bussiness. That's wrong to punish us by only paying us 83 percent.
lame duck

Kenosha, WI

#3444 Apr 30, 2013
try getting 81 percent
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3445 Apr 30, 2013
lame duck wrote:
try getting 81 percent
I have always been told paying us 81% of promos is the only way that Snyders can stay in business !! Ha!!!
Lanceisinmypants

United States

#3446 Apr 30, 2013
WNY Distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always been told paying us 81% of promos is the only way that Snyders can stay in business !! Ha!!!
we went from 2 company employees before merger to now about 6 driving around in soccer mom vans not doing a damn thing just burning gas .... there is where ur 20 percent went boys !
Former UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#3447 May 1, 2013
I hope you guys know that the IBO's that are making 17% commission on S-L products for the promos you are only receiving 83% of that 17%. If you're making 19% commission you're receiving 81% of the 19% from promos. It's all calculated in the net. It's really hard to see if S_L is true to that equation. You would have to be a math major to calculate the actual formula. However you want to see it S-L is not going away from it. Why? You know how much money is generated from charging promos to the IBO's?

I'm interested with what the outcome with the IBO who mentioned they prepared something to do with the commission and was going to present it to management.
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3448 May 1, 2013
Fishin Buddy wrote:
"its ALL warehouses, are going Hostess?"
Can you phrase that a little better please? I don't know what you mean.
I meant, are we going the same route as Hostes, i.e. belly up
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3449 May 1, 2013
I would say without a doubt, NO Ben. They're making money. The product sells. It's a quality product line from pretzels to chips to crackers. They're losing sales because of the assinine way they manage the routes but they are still strong. Stock might drop, Coke might buy them, but overall they're not going anywhere.
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3450 May 1, 2013
Fishin Buddy wrote:
I would say without a doubt, NO Ben. They're making money. The product sells. It's a quality product line from pretzels to chips to crackers. They're losing sales because of the assinine way they manage the routes but they are still strong. Stock might drop, Coke might buy them, but overall they're not going anywhere.
You must be a D,M., go SL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hanover should trash its recycling program (Mar '08) Dec 26 RetiredRN 16
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov '14 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:42 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:42PM
What's Next for Steelers Offense After Bell's Injury?
NBC Sports10:59 PM
Your Top Plays for Today - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report11:14 PM
Biggest Takeaways from Philadelphia Eagles 2014 Season
NBC Sports 5:17 AM
LeSean McCoy on future with Eagles: I'm sure we can work something out
NFL 5:47 AM
Chip Kelly: 'I want LeSean (McCoy) back' with Eagles