|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

DFEDEROFF wrote:
SNYDERS OF HANOVER IS the worst of the worst i would not wish this on my worst enemy this year i sold 350,000 and made 23,000 please do not ever get involved with them
I'm thinking of buying a Snyders route in warren & Piscataway NJ. If your making $350K gross sales/yr, why are you coming out with such little net income?
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

123abc, you can deduct a lot more of your expenses if you are an s corp. You'll save mucho $ at tax time. Ask any accountant.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Marco wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking of buying a Snyders route in warren & Piscataway NJ. If your making $350K gross sales/yr, why are you coming out with such little net income?
$350,000 gross sales for a year will only net you around $60,000 if your overall margin is 17%.$1,200 a week doesn't go far when you add up all your expenses. Route payment, truck payment, insurance, gas, repairs and maintenance. You should also be making enough to buy healthcare and fund a retirement plan. Those are things companies used to do when you were an employee. Now that you are an Independent Business Owner you should be making enough to provide those things for you and your family.
nobody

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

The key is to get a high volume route i bought one for 116000 and sold 558000 last year its all about how much you want to work
sam

Manchester, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Has anybody heard anything about them maybe changing our pay system?
Tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

sam wrote:
Has anybody heard anything about them maybe changing our pay system?
I have. It's in the works, got that directly from regional people that I know and trust
sam

Manchester, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Tattooed pretzel wrote:
<quoted text> I have. It's in the works, got that directly from regional people that I know and trust
I hope its sooner then later. There hurting our sales and theres
Tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

sam wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope its sooner then later. There hurting our sales and theres
i agree
The company is realizing that people are unhappy. And they are seeing wicked turnover numbers. I don't have any details other than they're working on it as of a month ago.
Just my district alone has been turned almost twice. 1 territory has been sold 3 times in 1 year. All my district manager gets to do is remove people from routes and find buyers.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Has anyone heard what has happened in Greenville, SC? I heard that one of the regional sales managers is no longer with the company for whatever reason.
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Tattooed pretzel wrote:
<quoted text> I have. It's in the works, got that directly from regional people that I know and trust
In what way are they talking about changing?
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Joey Dude wrote:
Yup, it's amazing how many people are leaving. I know a guy who bought a route 3 months ago and he already sold to buy a bready route. Just too many expenses and not enough sales. Snyders Lance needs to lower prices or help us out somehow. It's a damn shame !!!!!!!!!!
Snyders needs to give us a solid 20%!
Tattooed pretzel

Apollo, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

WNY Distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way are they talking about changing?
I wasn't given specific details but the different margins for cstore and grocery was mentioned, also the ability to carry inventory was mentioned as well as possibly working on a draw system.(Like car dealers)
123abc

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Clocker wrote:
123abc, you can deduct a lot more of your expenses if you are an s corp. You'll save mucho $ at tax time. Ask any accountant.
Thanks for the info. Did google LLC versus S corp..didn't show much of a difference that I could see though but will check with an accountant..thanks!!
123abc

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

I believe the biggest improvement would be to pay us "topline"..stop making us pay "our share" of promos. Ive heard that the partner brands give snyders 100% of promo allowances when on sale..and obviously snyders/lance could absorb the cost of promos as a tax write off. Unless you have a route that doesn't have many promo dollars being giving back..giving us "topline" pay like we used to receive would be an improvement for most of us! My share of promo dollars this week was over 200.00..most weeks 150.00 to 200.00 a week in promo share...that's crazy! Those of us on zero terms would benefit by our loads being able to carry over till Monday..just a thought!
Lanceisinmypants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

123abc wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the info. Did google LLC versus S corp..didn't show much of a difference that I could see though but will check with an accountant..thanks!!
not much difference ... S corp better chance of getting audited
WNY Distributor

Pittsford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

123abc wrote:
I believe the biggest improvement would be to pay us "topline"..stop making us pay "our share" of promos. Ive heard that the partner brands give snyders 100% of promo allowances when on sale..and obviously snyders/lance could absorb the cost of promos as a tax write off. Unless you have a route that doesn't have many promo dollars being giving back..giving us "topline" pay like we used to receive would be an improvement for most of us! My share of promo dollars this week was over 200.00..most weeks 150.00 to 200.00 a week in promo share...that's crazy! Those of us on zero terms would benefit by our loads being able to carry over till Monday..just a thought!
A nice idea would be to end the week on Tuesday instead of Saturday. This would give us the ability to carry a decernt inventory through the weekend and to have product on the truck come Monday morning...as it is now I try and not carry much inventory when Saturday rolls around thus killing my sales
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Those of you putting Wise in Walmart, check what you pay at the warehouse, verses what you sell it in at, 24 count variety pack, I paid 30.62, at warehouse, sold it in Walfart at28.62, check your invoices. Dm, standard answer, i'm looking into but no answer for 2 weeks.
2nd worst smacl food comp

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

The whole system is broke, I never should have signed the contract. They will tell you that SL is second largest snack food company but they can't even afford to have employees with benefits or even pay gas and upkeep on fleet.

The out of stocks in the Littlestown warehouse have been horrible, if my store had that many holes I'm sure I would get a call, however they act like its no big deal, what do they care if we can't make any money.
Lanceisinmypants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Ben Dover wrote:
Those of you putting Wise in Walmart, check what you pay at the warehouse, verses what you sell it in at, 24 count variety pack, I paid 30.62, at warehouse, sold it in Walfart at28.62, check your invoices. Dm, standard answer, i'm looking into but no answer for 2 weeks.
its all the allowances they are giving Walmart ...
123abc

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Is there a report we can print to show us a breakdown of allowances we are receiving per item per store? I know route summary report shows total allowances for snyders and partner brands but how do we know we are being credited properly without an individual breakdown? IE...Wal Mart?? Safeway invoices show a total allowance on invoice but not Wal Mart, etc. I feel all invoices should show allowances by item and a total at bottom of invoice. If audited, that would be a major cluster and since we pay a service fee for billing, etc I believe snyders/lance would have a lot of explaining to do to the "feds"????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Obamacare Surprise 51,274
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue But Not Hussein O... 3,898
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 22 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul '14 Marilyn Newcomer 1

Search the Hanover Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000