snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#3386 Apr 18, 2013
If Carl Lee has any balls he will fix this with a better margin. if not they will continue to get the ibo's that don't care This co. is just a bunch of BS
Tattooed pretzel

Blairsville, PA

#3388 Apr 18, 2013
Joey Dude wrote:
Guys, I've been told we are getting new handheld computers. Anyone know why? Sounds coooooooooooooooooool
You will. New software. Works a little better, don't expect increase of speed, but it does run smoother
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3389 Apr 18, 2013
I just heard today from a Bimbo distributor that a memo was sent from Publix headquarters in Lakeland, FL, to all the stores and to all the vendor companies that service Publix. It states that vendors cannot wear blue jeans, blue jean shorts, t-shirts, and cannot have long hair or any facial hair. I want to wait until I get confirmation before I go ballistic. I can understand a casual dress code but passing judgment on mustache's or goatee's is straight from the 1950's. It's discrimination. If a store tells you you have to shave off your stache or cut your hair get it in writing. I'll be in contact with the ACLU and lawyers to fight for our right to our own personal freedoms and choices.
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3390 Apr 18, 2013
Clocker wrote:
I just heard today from a Bimbo distributor that a memo was sent from Publix headquarters in Lakeland, FL, to all the stores and to all the vendor companies that service Publix. It states that vendors cannot wear blue jeans, blue jean shorts, t-shirts, and cannot have long hair or any facial hair. I want to wait until I get confirmation before I go ballistic. I can understand a casual dress code but passing judgment on mustache's or goatee's is straight from the 1950's. It's discrimination. If a store tells you you have to shave off your stache or cut your hair get it in writing. I'll be in contact with the ACLU and lawyers to fight for our right to our own personal freedoms and choices.
If they say no thongs for the women, I will QUIT
Ben Dover

Jefferson, MD

#3391 Apr 18, 2013
Tattooed pretzel wrote:
<quoted text>
You will. New software. Works a little better, don't expect increase of speed, but it does run smoother
Depending on the handheld you get, mine crashed last week and My inventory is still screwed up, and it will only dex 1 ticket at a time, and route supportless is a f@*king joke.
Tattooed pretzel

Vandergrift, PA

#3392 Apr 19, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>Depending on the handheld you get, mine crashed last week and My inventory is still screwed up, and it will only dex 1 ticket at a time, and route supportless is a f@*king joke.
havent a single one of those issues
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3393 Apr 19, 2013
Tattooed pretzel wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to disagree ...the new software is pretty terrible....slowwwww
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3394 Apr 19, 2013
whadda joke wrote:
We were told that they were considering giving us something to help us out recently. Unfortunately the regional manager told someone that it is basically a "dog and pony show" and that nothing will come of it. I don't know what to think anymore. I would like to see this work but not sure that Snyder's Lance understands any of the issues (or cares) what we are dealing with. Would like to get out but opportunities are slim everywhere. Hate feeling trapped. The whole no vacation or time off is catching up with everyone. We need time off just like everyone else (probably more so) and the way they pay us it is almost impossible for guys to do it. Sucks!!
Simple solution....give us a straight 20% on ALL products....this means covering the PA the full 100%. If this were done it would give more money to the IO' s to pay someone to run your territory. Money is the crux of most of our issues.
whadda joke

Carlisle, PA

#3395 Apr 20, 2013
WNY Distrubutor - I agree with you completely - our pay is a joke on the street. It almost begs you to fill shelves only and don't sell promos plus don't put it on the shelf till almost empty to insure good code. Unfortunately Carl lee talking to the DM"s - they will tell him everyhting is ok and the IBO's are just whining - then they will tell him they need a pay increase because they don't have to run routes anymore but have to spend more time in the warehouse to make sure we have product!! LOL
Fish Man

New York, NY

#3396 Apr 21, 2013
Guys, I just got a bill from my accountant for 1700 bucks! What a joke! How much do you guys pay? Honestly Snyders Lance should cover this for us. It's like flushing money down the toilet
Cbus

Lodi, OH

#3397 Apr 22, 2013
Fish Man wrote:
Guys, I just got a bill from my accountant for 1700 bucks! What a joke! How much do you guys pay? Honestly Snyders Lance should cover this for us. It's like flushing money down the toilet
That's more than what I owe. Get urself a new accountant.
Former UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#3398 Apr 22, 2013
Fish Man wrote:

Wow!!! I don't know if you got ripped off or you have ALOT of work for your accountant. The only positive side of this willbe you'll be able to write the $1700 off next year, but it's still way too much. My CPA charged me $250 this year. Because of the purchase of my route during the merger there was more paperwork. He used to charge me $175. I think it's partly due to inflation also. Or he just saw the figures from the sale and said to himself I can afford to pay extra. I had to pay alot in cap gains. He tried to work it down for me but told me the FED was going to be more diligent going foward to catch IBO's cheating the government. I guess there are 2 IBO's in Mass being audited now. Could be hear say. I'm not taking the chance.....
Former UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#3399 Apr 22, 2013
For all of you suggesting how things could be better if S-L would just raise our commissions higher. That is never going to happen, so why waste your breath and time posting those? They have lowered commission twice on us here since I've been here,so why on earth would they all of the sudden raise our commission? Business 101: lower IBO's commission, more money in S-L pocket, and more of our money to work with.

I don't know what the solution is, but the best one out there for the longest time was to band together as one. Reading previous posts from Mass IBO's made sense. Nothing ever came out of it from what we here, but the few that were trying got blackballed from what I've heard. Truth is, the ones who didn't get a route are lucky the way I see it. We're all here whining, bitching, looking to get out, and they're all probably reading all of these posts and saying to themselves, "I told you so...."
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3400 Apr 22, 2013
It is what it is. Fill your shelves, rotate your product, manage your inventory, diversify your efforts.
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3402 Apr 22, 2013
whadda joke wrote:
WNY Distrubutor - I agree with you completely - our pay is a joke on the street. It almost begs you to fill shelves only and don't sell promos plus don't put it on the shelf till almost empty to insure good code. Unfortunately Carl lee talking to the DM"s - they will tell him everyhting is ok and the IBO's are just whining - then they will tell him they need a pay increase because they don't have to run routes anymore but have to spend more time in the warehouse to make sure we have product!! LOL
Good point Whadda! There are certain items that I will not display, and I have told them exactly that...I'm in business for myself, I will only display product where my profit margin is 17% or more. On that note ...the only product we make a profit margin that high is product without PA. Snyders has the whole system backwards. I love when the DM's tell you that you will make more money because you will sell more. I tell them to sell more I have to work more, spend more on gas, etc. It's a wash ! Fix the system!!!
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3403 Apr 22, 2013
Fish Man wrote:
Use Turbo Tax software
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3404 Apr 22, 2013
Mr Swell wrote:
The Io's in my district are putting together a list of reasons we need a higher commish. ALl the IO'S signed it and the leader is meeting with Snyders higher ups soon. It's the best we can do, but at least the higher ups will understand are financial struggles. Developing......
Good! And banding together as one makes the IO's a powerful entity
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3405 Apr 23, 2013
Fish Man wrote:
Well a lot depends on what kind of corporation you are. Everybody should be an S Corp not a LLC. There are a lot more deductions available to an S Corp. You have to file quarterly and for that he charged $225 a quarter,$900 for the year. He did year end for both my personal and business for $300. I thought that was a little high. There are many things you can easily do yourself to save the quarterly fee. I used Intuit, which was insanely cheap. If I remember correctly it was about 6 or 7 dollars a month.The bottom line is even when I was paying $1,200 a year it was still worth it as my accountant saved me thousands. While I've never seen the Turbo Tax software I highly doubt it will make available all the deductions that you are entitled to that only an accountant who specializes in this field can offer. Never, ever bring your taxes to companies like H&R Block,etc. Anybody I've ever known that did that paid through the nose.
Former UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#3406 Apr 23, 2013
Clocker wrote:
Dress codes are the newest thing. I know in some Market Basket's if not all have dress codes. As an IBO you are still a vendor to the store. You do what they say. Other staores will follow suit till there is a all round dress code. It's the sign of the times. It's all because of these stupid ass people IBO's who wear sleeveless torn shirts, cutoff shorts with holes, who thinks these things are in fashion. That's the reason for the dress code. I'm sure everyone has seen these people. I know alot of the people in this area are frigging the younger generation with their frigging pants hanging around their asses. It kills me that there are always a few bad apples that ruins the bunch.
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3407 Apr 23, 2013
If heard mention of s corp but never followed thru with it...what are advantages to s corp compared to llc? Thanks!
Clocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well a lot depends on what kind of corporation you are. Everybody should be an S Corp not a LLC. There are a lot more deductions available to an S Corp. You have to file quarterly and for that he charged $225 a quarter,$900 for the year. He did year end for both my personal and business for $300. I thought that was a little high. There are many things you can easily do yourself to save the quarterly fee. I used Intuit, which was insanely cheap. If I remember correctly it was about 6 or 7 dollars a month.The bottom line is even when I was paying $1,200 a year it was still worth it as my accountant saved me thousands. While I've never seen the Turbo Tax software I highly doubt it will make available all the deductions that you are entitled to that only an accountant who specializes in this field can offer. Never, ever bring your taxes to companies like H&R Block,etc. Anybody I've ever known that did that paid through the nose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snyders/lance independent business owners news Tue Krave MaMeat 1
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Oct 27 overprivileged am... 53
Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct 27 Anonymous 39
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Oct 24 vlad tepes 53
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Oct 17 Leroy Smedlap 9
Snyder's Lance Oct 17 Long Time Lance Man 5
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... (Apr '14) Oct 14 Summa 30
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]