Snyder's of Hanover
wise ass

Rochester, NY

#3375 Apr 15, 2013
Old Man Goat wrote:
Guys, Snyders Lance must be worried about first quarter earnings cause they are direct shipping a ton of crap the last month into Walmarts. Gotta make sure the stock price doesn't drop due to missed earnings. I think the economy is getting worse again. The last few months have been very hot cold. Unless you have everything onsale, you stuff just sits at Supervalu stores. Economy is not getting better, it's getting worse. Uglyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Yes, it is like that in my stores too, the product sits and sits unless their is a big sale or advertisement, but the dm, doesn't understand that, because he is a douche child. HIs answer, is to load up the stores with new products, so they can sit and stale out toooooo.
hickory bin man

United States

#3376 Apr 15, 2013
Disgusted rep in Hickory wrote:
Anyone else having problems getting communications to flow with proper info. Getting ready to sell. Going through broker though cause my wife signed papers to sell her route on Dec 15 and still has not received her proceeds. Looking for IBO s not afraid and with balls to band together and get an attorney.
My orders come out of hickory...my wife was running one rt and I ran another...hers had a walmart on it and sold 2500 more than mine a week, but I made more gross profit...and yet no one at snyders or hickory could tell us why
Tattooed pretzel

Export, PA

#3378 Apr 16, 2013
Don't go back
Ben Dover

Frederick, MD

#3379 Apr 16, 2013
Old time Jones wrote:
Anyone here have a gas station that is so slow, you lose money? How do you get your stuff out of there? I have a BP gas station that is deader than Bob Hope. Everything just sits and sits and I take out a bunch of crap. WHat do I doooooooooooooooooo? Help!
Buy it all back and redistribute it to other accounts, and dont go back
Ben Dover

Frederick, MD

#3380 Apr 16, 2013
hickory bin man wrote:
<quoted text>
My orders come out of hickory...my wife was running one rt and I ran another...hers had a walmart on it and sold 2500 more than mine a week, but I made more gross profit...and yet no one at snyders or hickory could tell us why
Promo dollars in Walmart, heres your sign
hickory bin man

United States

#3381 Apr 16, 2013
Old time Jones wrote:
Anyone here have a gas station that is so slow, you lose money? How do you get your stuff out of there? I have a BP gas station that is deader than Bob Hope. Everything just sits and sits and I take out a bunch of crap. WHat do I doooooooooooooooooo? Help!
if this is a chain account, you will still have to work it. if its a independent cash account, snyders can not make you keep it. you can drop it anytime
WNY Distributer

United States

#3382 Apr 16, 2013
Old time Jones wrote:
Dump the account...you aren't in business to lose money
WNY Distributer

United States

#3383 Apr 16, 2013
hickory bin man wrote:
<quoted text>
if this is a chain account, you will still have to work it. if its a independent cash account, snyders can not make you keep it. you can drop it anytime
They can't make you keep it if its losing money...chain or not
Lanceisinmypants

United States

#3384 Apr 17, 2013
WNY Distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't make you keep it if its losing money...chain or not
Go 2 deep and roll product I know it sucks but u have to service chain accounts ....
whadda joke

New Bloomfield, PA

#3385 Apr 17, 2013
We were told that they were considering giving us something to help us out recently. Unfortunately the regional manager told someone that it is basically a "dog and pony show" and that nothing will come of it. I don't know what to think anymore. I would like to see this work but not sure that Snyder's Lance understands any of the issues (or cares) what we are dealing with. Would like to get out but opportunities are slim everywhere. Hate feeling trapped. The whole no vacation or time off is catching up with everyone. We need time off just like everyone else (probably more so) and the way they pay us it is almost impossible for guys to do it. Sucks!!
snackman

Gettysburg, PA

#3386 Apr 18, 2013
If Carl Lee has any balls he will fix this with a better margin. if not they will continue to get the ibo's that don't care This co. is just a bunch of BS
Tattooed pretzel

Derry, PA

#3388 Apr 18, 2013
Joey Dude wrote:
Guys, I've been told we are getting new handheld computers. Anyone know why? Sounds coooooooooooooooooool
You will. New software. Works a little better, don't expect increase of speed, but it does run smoother
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3389 Apr 18, 2013
I just heard today from a Bimbo distributor that a memo was sent from Publix headquarters in Lakeland, FL, to all the stores and to all the vendor companies that service Publix. It states that vendors cannot wear blue jeans, blue jean shorts, t-shirts, and cannot have long hair or any facial hair. I want to wait until I get confirmation before I go ballistic. I can understand a casual dress code but passing judgment on mustache's or goatee's is straight from the 1950's. It's discrimination. If a store tells you you have to shave off your stache or cut your hair get it in writing. I'll be in contact with the ACLU and lawyers to fight for our right to our own personal freedoms and choices.
Ben Dover

Frederick, MD

#3390 Apr 18, 2013
Clocker wrote:
I just heard today from a Bimbo distributor that a memo was sent from Publix headquarters in Lakeland, FL, to all the stores and to all the vendor companies that service Publix. It states that vendors cannot wear blue jeans, blue jean shorts, t-shirts, and cannot have long hair or any facial hair. I want to wait until I get confirmation before I go ballistic. I can understand a casual dress code but passing judgment on mustache's or goatee's is straight from the 1950's. It's discrimination. If a store tells you you have to shave off your stache or cut your hair get it in writing. I'll be in contact with the ACLU and lawyers to fight for our right to our own personal freedoms and choices.
If they say no thongs for the women, I will QUIT
Ben Dover

Frederick, MD

#3391 Apr 18, 2013
Tattooed pretzel wrote:
<quoted text>
You will. New software. Works a little better, don't expect increase of speed, but it does run smoother
Depending on the handheld you get, mine crashed last week and My inventory is still screwed up, and it will only dex 1 ticket at a time, and route supportless is a f@*king joke.
Tattooed pretzel

Greensburg, PA

#3392 Apr 19, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>Depending on the handheld you get, mine crashed last week and My inventory is still screwed up, and it will only dex 1 ticket at a time, and route supportless is a f@*king joke.
havent a single one of those issues
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3393 Apr 19, 2013
Tattooed pretzel wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to disagree ...the new software is pretty terrible....slowwwww
WNY Distributer

Rochester, NY

#3394 Apr 19, 2013
whadda joke wrote:
We were told that they were considering giving us something to help us out recently. Unfortunately the regional manager told someone that it is basically a "dog and pony show" and that nothing will come of it. I don't know what to think anymore. I would like to see this work but not sure that Snyder's Lance understands any of the issues (or cares) what we are dealing with. Would like to get out but opportunities are slim everywhere. Hate feeling trapped. The whole no vacation or time off is catching up with everyone. We need time off just like everyone else (probably more so) and the way they pay us it is almost impossible for guys to do it. Sucks!!
Simple solution....give us a straight 20% on ALL products....this means covering the PA the full 100%. If this were done it would give more money to the IO' s to pay someone to run your territory. Money is the crux of most of our issues.
whadda joke

Shippensburg, PA

#3395 Apr 20, 2013
WNY Distrubutor - I agree with you completely - our pay is a joke on the street. It almost begs you to fill shelves only and don't sell promos plus don't put it on the shelf till almost empty to insure good code. Unfortunately Carl lee talking to the DM"s - they will tell him everyhting is ok and the IBO's are just whining - then they will tell him they need a pay increase because they don't have to run routes anymore but have to spend more time in the warehouse to make sure we have product!! LOL
Fish Man
#3396 Apr 21, 2013
Guys, I just got a bill from my accountant for 1700 bucks! What a joke! How much do you guys pay? Honestly Snyders Lance should cover this for us. It's like flushing money down the toilet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Littlestown woman bites child as discip... Sep 17 Crazy Mofos 2
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul '16 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul '16 Jan 22
News Last chance to get free fresh produce from Agen... Jul '16 test 1
Kitchen Fitters Manchester Jul '16 ceagceog432 1
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun '16 Davenport 2
107178 PB Filled Pieces Jun '16 Mattiecakes918 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance