York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Fishin Buddy wrote:
Bordeaux I have some things I agree with you on, but others not so much. You talk about the guaranteed profits and overstuffing warehouses to force product on IBO's. For one, only the weak and intimidated IO's will take that product. In reality S-L has to INCREASE sales and profits to satisfy stockholders. Poor ordering by warehouse managers, which is common, results in understocked or overstocked warehouses which results in product going out of code before it even leaves the building or IO's not being able to satisfy their stores during promotions. The latter is very common. This type of product is also very fragile. Breakage is high. There is no guaranteed profit when you have mismanagement. One more comment about their stock which you seem to be promoting. The DOW has surged over the last year to record highs. Over the last 12 months LNCE stock is flat. 25 a year ago, 25 now. When the correction comes LNCE is going to tank.
------ Funny, I never hear about other chip factory's having a problem with breakage, sales, poor ordering, not being able to satisfy their customers, etc. Please help S-L come up with excuses, and find other people to blame, global warming is probably to blame also. Of course S-L stock will collapse, it is all a scheme! A Ponzi scheme! Hmmm, weak and intimidated IO's, and poor ordering by district managers. Resulting in no guaranteed profit for poor Snyder's-Lance! This will be very interesting to say the least. Take notes all Independent Operators! And District Managers! You are carrying the blame! Of course.
Yeah

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Which sounds better, ---the weak, intimidated, independent operator made me do it, ---the intimidating, weak, independent operator made me do it, ---the weak operator was independent and intimidating, etc. Just thought I would help. The warehouse manager was poorly ordered.
wny distributer

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Tattooed pretzel wrote:
Why do you let the tool get to you and under your skin? It's a petty cry for attention, that is only fueled by your responses. If you ignore him, you take his power and ability to be a dick for attention. That's why I don't waste my time reading his post. Get it? And for the record, my territory is in West Virginia. Along the Ohio river to precise.
You are correct !!
Rob

Ridgefield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Did anyone notice the article in the NY Times today about WMT not being able stock their shelves on a timely basis? There was a similar article last week. The article talks about produce but it could apply S/L items. I thought I read somewhere here that the commission on WMT is much lower or in some cases the IBO doesn't get credit for sales to WMT in their territory at all. I guess a short-term solution for WMT would be to pressure vendors to pick up the slack and stock the shelves. Would IBOs do that because the company says so, working for less money? How do you see that panning out?
Old time Jones

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Guys, this I/O business is becoming less and less worth it. I agree with the posts above. All the risk is on us. Stales come out of pocket, and once the product leaves the warehouse, we're stuck with it. Recently one of my Walmart stores was reset and I lost a bunch of space. I'm now screwed and there is nothing I can do. Money our of my pockets every week. I might have to start looking for another job soon, because Snyders business play is crap for my bank account!
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

"Funny, I never hear about other chip factory's having a problem with breakage, sales, poor ordering, not being able to satisfy their customers, etc."

You haven't?? A head shaking statement for sure.

"Take notes all Independent Operators! And District Managers! You are carrying the blame! Of course."

DM's don't do the ordering where I'm from. It's a total effort from the top down that is the reason for the poor performance from the new S-L. Where I'm from almost 50% of the IBO's were bought out, all experienced, competent veteran people. They were replaced by anybody that wanted a route despite previous experience. Soda, beer merchandisers,etc. They have failed miserably, so yes, if this is what it's like around the rest of the country S-L's new workforce is part of the problem. Not everybody is cut out for this. A lot of people have a workers mentality, not a business one.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

"Poor ordering by warehouse managers, which is common, results in understocked or overstocked warehouses which results in product going out of code before it even leaves the building or IO's not being able to satisfy their stores during promotions."

I probably could have phrased that better but in this instance I'm illustrating how poor ordering by warehouse managers results in the IO's not being able to satisfy their stores. I'm not blaming the IO here.
no pity for fools

South Amboy, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

From the near begining there were IO's that came on here and suggested banding together. That is the ONLY way IBO's will succeed. Unless some one will take the lead there will never be any changes. You alone will not succeed in changing S-L rules and regulations. If you all think it's bad now wait till S-L refuses to pay for realty. I'm sure alot of you have seen less shelf space. Walmart? Wait till it hits one of your major accounts. Wait till we lose the Pirates Booty line. Aurora and others should be considered gone. Direct delivery will be more. Loss of space will be the norm. No one alone will succeed. And the few that have tried in the past is no longer. They were blackballed from the new routes.
Bordeaux11611

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Fishin Buddy wrote:
"Funny, I never hear about other chip factory's having a problem with breakage, sales, poor ordering, not being able to satisfy their customers, etc."
You haven't?? A head shaking statement for sure.
"Take notes all Independent Operators! And District Managers! You are carrying the blame! Of course."
DM's don't do the ordering where I'm from. It's a total effort from the top down that is the reason for the poor performance from the new S-L. Where I'm from almost 50% of the IBO's were bought out, all experienced, competent veteran people. They were replaced by anybody that wanted a route despite previous experience. Soda, beer merchandisers,etc. They have failed miserably, so yes, if this is what it's like around the rest of the country S-L's new workforce is part of the problem. Not everybody is cut out for this. A lot of people have a workers mentality, not a business one.
Whenever I would see your posts on here, I would always wonder which "side" you were on. Other people wondered too, and I know you enjoyed that. You have this amazing ability to talk out of both sides of your mouth, or is it from both faces at the same time? This post removes ALL doubt for me. As to the problems, or I should excuses, you were giving for S-L as to the supposed reason for the situations at their warehouses that you were reciting, I was just making the comment that other companies do not give that as an excuse as to why they are not doing things the way that they are supposed to. The other companies already know and are aware of these problems, they just do not use them as an excuse for stealing from VERY hardworking delivery people and turning around and calling it a profit at the end of the year to make their stock look better than it really is. The worker's mentality is a LOT better than a business one, the business mentality still needs the workers to make it happen.
Bordeaux11611

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Fishin Buddy wrote:
"Poor ordering by warehouse managers, which is common, results in understocked or overstocked warehouses which results in product going out of code before it even leaves the building or IO's not being able to satisfy their stores during promotions."
I probably could have phrased that better but in this instance I'm illustrating how poor ordering by warehouse managers results in the IO's not being able to satisfy their stores. I'm not blaming the IO here.
Yes you are blaming the IO! You are just trying to hide it and pretend that you are a "buddy". Everybody's buddy! Fishin' buddy!
Old Man Goat

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, losing shelf space in a Walmart can really kill your weekly paycheck. Snyders will never compete with Frito Lay though. If you want shelf space you have to pay! for it! Most Snyders Lance I/O's will be homeless bums a year from now if things don't change. Cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, strike or something cool!

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Fishin Buddy wrote:
One must a full warehouse in order to have full store shelves....it's a concept that Snyders does not seem to understand

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Old Man Goat wrote:
Yeah, losing shelf space in a Walmart can really kill your weekly paycheck. Snyders will never compete with Frito Lay though. If you want shelf space you have to pay! for it! Most Snyders Lance I/O's will be homeless bums a year from now if things don't change. Cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, strike or something cool!
Going on strike?? Seriously ...the best thing for the IO to do is to organize as a group...with 3,000 IO's nationwide standing as one, then Snyders might listen.Until that happens we are just a bunch of whiners
Joe Blo

Rocky Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

[quote]Did anyone notice the article in the NY Times today about WMT not being able stock their shelves on a timely basis?[/quote]

Yeah, I did. Walmart has been getting a higher frequency of direct shippers/shipment in lately from alot of companies like pepperidge farm, etc, cutting out the vendor/IO's for more profit. Well, they can't keep up with filling the shelves is my guess. I guess the answer is to hire more temps for 10 bucks an hour. Their motto is "do more, with less", I think most of us know what that really means when it comes to being a Walmart employee.
Joe Blo

Rocky Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Walmart..id be weary when buying a route that has a walmart in it if anyone is reading this and is buying a route where a good chunk of sales is from walmart. I had a route long time ago(non lance), where we were in walmart. New store manager came and kicked us out because the space wasn't paid for and we weren't in planogram. So I lost 700 in weekly sales 6 months after I took over from new store manager, even though we were in store for 6+ years.
Joe Blo

Rocky Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Rob wrote:
A couple of questions. I've read several posts and heard that some of the partner brands are disappearing. Wouldn't that reduce the value of a route?
Not if that route that was purchased was not ordering a specific partner brand to begin with. For example, say you have a partner brand called "Rob's brownies". The route you baught never purchased "Rob's brownies", so by losing partner brand "Rob's Brownies", it does not effect your numbers. BUT, it is good to have partner brands incase you pick up a few new stops or decide to push it inside cash stores and see maybe if it sells. Or maybe the product gets authorized one day in a chain, who knows. If it does sell, then great, your numbers go up, you added a new line in which you never sold before, and hopefully you get more storespace to fit all your merchandise.
Old School Lance Man

Princeton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

I always heard be careful what you ask for......You just might get it..........

Well Lance has gotten what they asked for in this "EQUAL" merger with Snyders.......The company is being run into the ground........

And Singer is pulling a Steve Miller Band.........

Take the Money and Run..

Glad I was not offered a route after 22
1/2 years...And my last year I had sales of $525,000 dollars in a small town.....
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Bordeaux11611 wrote:
<quoted text>Whenever I would see your posts on here, I would always wonder which "side" you were on. Other people wondered too, and I know you enjoyed that. You have this amazing ability to talk out of both sides of your mouth, or is it from both faces at the same time? This post removes ALL doubt for me. As to the problems, or I should excuses, you were giving for S-L as to the supposed reason for the situations at their warehouses that you were reciting, I was just making the comment that other companies do not give that as an excuse as to why they are not doing things the way that they are supposed to. The other companies already know and are aware of these problems, they just do not use them as an excuse for stealing from VERY hardworking delivery people and turning around and calling it a profit at the end of the year to make their stock look better than it really is. The worker's mentality is a LOT better than a business one, the business mentality still needs the workers to make it happen.
Bordeaux, I was one of the IO's that got blackballed when the merger happened. I have a lot of grudges against S-L. But in the business world it's rarely 100% management or workers fault. S-L management is incompetent. They are the ones that hired many unqualified IBO's. You seem to write to your own agenda, posts that are too long and full of a lot of useless information. I'm telling it like it is from ground level. I've been there. I've read your posts but have you ever run a route? I haven't read anything about your experience with S-L. Sure S-L is stealing from dumb Io's. Dumb because they let it happen. You said a workers mentality is a lot better than a business one for IBO's. Boy are you out to lunch on that one. You need a business attitude to deal with the DM's. You need business knowledge to run YOUR business, handle the accounting, and make wise decisions on equipment purchases. S-L counts on IBO's to have a workers mentality so they can take advantage of them. You're nowhere near as smart as I thought you were when you first posted here.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Bordeaux11611 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you are blaming the IO! You are just trying to hide it and pretend that you are a "buddy". Everybody's buddy! Fishin' buddy!
No, as a result of poor ordering by S-L management IO's wak into empty warehouses and aren't able to buy the product to fulfill the displays they were given by the stores.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

no pity for fools wrote:
From the near begining there were IO's that came on here and suggested banding together. That is the ONLY way IBO's will succeed. Unless some one will take the lead there will never be any changes. You alone will not succeed in changing S-L rules and regulations. If you all think it's bad now wait till S-L refuses to pay for realty. I'm sure alot of you have seen less shelf space. Walmart? Wait till it hits one of your major accounts. Wait till we lose the Pirates Booty line. Aurora and others should be considered gone. Direct delivery will be more. Loss of space will be the norm. No one alone will succeed. And the few that have tried in the past is no longer. They were blackballed from the new routes.
The banding together came from an IO in New England. They have a backbone up there. Down here in the south, in Right to Work states the workforce is intimidated knowing they really have no rights. I've seen the difference since I've worked in both the north and south. You'll never be able to organize a movement that will be strong and stick together. I'd like it to happen and I'd like to help, but it would take $, lawyers and solidarity from the IBO's. The last part is why it would fail.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,161 - 3,180 of5,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 31 min Chicken Little Climateers 51,394
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 34 min PA Repub 3,555
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Apr 18 Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Apr 17 Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Apr 16 nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
•••

Fire Warning for York County was issued at April 23 at 8:06PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••