Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Heartbreak of Psoriasis wrote:
Have owned a route for little less than a year. Been reading all the posts and two things I agree with. SL is not to be trusted at all and two, you can make a decent living but you do have to work and manage your own business and not let the selfish management do it for you. I do have a question to put out there. Has anyone had an attorney look at the portion of the contract that states what exactly what you have bought? SL will tell you that you bought accounts and not a territory but the contract clearly lays out a geographic description and map. Any thoughts?
The Contract states you are buying "Authorized Outlets with in a geographical territory" If it is not on the list of customers that were purchased, you dont have the exclusive rights to that account.
Bill

Jinan, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Ok, the XTRA Fulls have been on my Walmarts floor for over a month now and I've sold maybe five. What a disaster! They better print some coupons cause I'm not taking all this crap back in my truck when they expire in September.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Scan one see if they are in your handheld. They add not in mine.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Heartbreak of Psoriasis wrote:
Have owned a route for little less than a year. Been reading all the posts and two things I agree with. SL is not to be trusted at all and two, you can make a decent living but you do have to work and manage your own business and not let the selfish management do it for you. I do have a question to put out there. Has anyone had an attorney look at the portion of the contract that states what exactly what you have bought? SL will tell you that you bought accounts and not a territory but the contract clearly lays out a geographic description and map. Any thoughts?
Unlike PF and Bimbo you're not buying territory. Down here there are major chain routes and C-Store/Walmart/Target routes. If you buy a major chain route with Publix,Sweetbay, etc and a Walmart opens up on it you're screwed. That is exactly what is happening now in Clearwater. A WalMart is opening up in an intersection that ahs a Publix and an Albertsons on it. The S-L IBO that services those 2 markets is going to see his business fly away across the street a she won't be servicing the Walmart. Another reason to stay away from these routes.
ripped off ralph

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Bill wrote:
Ok, the XTRA Fulls have been on my Walmarts floor for over a month now and I've sold maybe five. What a disaster! They better print some coupons cause I'm not taking all this crap back in my truck when they expire in September.
my dm gave us coupons today, I told him that I will give them to a Walmart employee, as they are not my product, maybe they can ship some to China
FUTURE

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Fishin Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike PF and Bimbo you're not buying territory. Down here there are major chain routes and C-Store/Walmart/Target routes. If you buy a major chain route with Publix,Sweetbay, etc and a Walmart opens up on it you're screwed. That is exactly what is happening now in Clearwater. A WalMart is opening up in an intersection that ahs a Publix and an Albertsons on it. The S-L IBO that services those 2 markets is going to see his business fly away across the street a she won't be servicing the Walmart. Another reason to stay away from these routes.
No, you are buying a geographical area and any store in that area, existing or new will be your store!! I have a map with the boundaries marked off that SL gave me.
Know the facts

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Fishin Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
no it's not ... If its in your terriority then u get that store unless it's a whole foods or someplace we are not in , got a walmart 6 months after i bought this route and paid nothing for it
Know the facts

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

cookieman wrote:
Scan one see if they are in your handheld. They add not in mine.
I believe Monday Them bad boys will be in your handheld tell the store to reduce them to get rid of them .... Store down here marked them down to a dollar and guess what.. got rid of them dogs
FUTURE

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Know the facts wrote:
<quoted text> no it's not ... If its in your terriority then u get that store unless it's a whole foods or someplace we are not in , got a walmart 6 months after i bought this route and paid nothing for it
That's what I said, Any store in your marked territory is yours be it existing or NEW
Know the facts

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

FUTURE wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I said, Any store in your marked territory is yours be it existing or NEW
not responding to you I was responding to fishing guy u must have posted when I was typing .... Lol
Head Lance guy

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Guys, I just got a 2 million dollar bonus today and had sex with my model girlfriend. Being in lance upper management is sweeeeeet
Carlos

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

I live in Southern California and was considering buying a route, but after reading some of these posts I'm having second thoughts. Ang suggestions?
Old School Lance Man

Princeton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Head Lance guy wrote:
Guys, I just got a 2 million dollar bonus today and had sex with my model girlfriend. Being in lance upper management is sweeeeeet
CHILD ,PLEASE

Do you think anyone believes your immature drivel ?????
Salty nuts

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Head Lance guy wrote:
quit burning gas in the soccer mom van and do something ! Douche
Frank

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Know the facts wrote:
<quoted text> no it's not ... If its in your terriority then u get that store unless it's a whole foods or someplace we are not in , got a walmart 6 months after i bought this route and paid nothing for it
There is lots of disagreement on this territory/accounts business. Of course SL will tell you you bought accounts but contract to me gives you a territory, why else have maps and geographical description. That is why I asked if anyone had had an attorney look at it and give an opinion.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

To Know the Facts and Future. What I posted is true pertaining to my area, the west coast of Florida. That is how the routes here are set up. Since both of you don't have the courage to identify where your route is, I can't comment. Contracts are different from one part of the country to another.
george

Brick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

would never buy a route unless u are buying a territory!! Cause when a store opens the guy blowing the DM will get it
cookieman

Eagle, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Carlos wrote:
I live in Southern California and was considering buying a route, but after reading some of these posts I'm having second thoughts. Ang suggestions?
If the territory is in a economicially sound area, you can make money.

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Fishin Buddy wrote:
To Know the Facts and Future. What I posted is true pertaining to my area, the west coast of Florida. That is how the routes here are set up. Since both of you don't have the courage to identify where your route is, I can't comment. Contracts are different from one part of the country to another.
Fish has hit the nail on the head....most IO's on here will not identify themselves...why is that? My territory is in the Rochester NY area....how about you guys?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr PA Independent 51,187
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 7 hr PA Voter 3,813
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Tue Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE