Snyder's of Hanover
Top Boss

Bolingbrook, IL

#3254 Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, but Pepperidge Farm routes cost an arm and a leg. It's a ripoff!!!!
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3255 Mar 25, 2013
Top Boss wrote:
Yeah, but Pepperidge Farm routes cost an arm and a leg. It's a ripoff!!!!
Like I said I have owned 2.
chip man

Marietta, GA

#3256 Mar 25, 2013
PF cookie routes are hard to make money with unless you put down a big down payment or pay cash.If you pay over 40-1 plan on spending half of your gross income on the loan payment alone.Then you still have to pay the rest of your expenses.PF bread routes are cheaper and pay the same 20% commish.
Long Time Lance Man

Reading, PA

#3257 Mar 25, 2013
ktmracer475 wrote:
I have a chance to buy a Pep Farms combo route and now a SL route has also come up. These are in a Upstate NY. Not sure which to pick.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated to pros/cons of either.
I worked for lance for 24 years. when Snyder's took over the company they completely destroyed it. they also let me go. I am now working for Mission. the route is not much but I will build it up. I also interviewed for a Pepperidge farm cookie route. they gave the route to somebody else. they pay 20% on everything you sell Snyder's pays 17%. the lowest in the industry. the standard is 20%. Pepperidge cookie routes will probably go for a 40-1 ratio. that means for every 1000.00 worth of business you buy You will pay $40,000.00. example a route that sells $5,000.00 dollars of business a week will sell for around $200,000.00. These are the highest price routes out there. I still think it is a much better choice than a Snyder's route. you will pay a lot less for a Snyder's route. you have more independence working for Pepperidge then Snyder's. I hope this helps.
Bill

Qingdao, China

#3258 Mar 25, 2013
Does anyone here donate outdated chips to food pantry's? How much can you deduct from your taxes?
Bent over Billy

Frederick, MD

#3259 Mar 25, 2013
Bill wrote:
Does anyone here donate outdated chips to food pantry's? How much can you deduct from your taxes?
Since you are in China, check that countrys tax laws.
Top Boss

Bolingbrook, IL

#3260 Mar 25, 2013
Bill is a communist!
Distributor

Fort Myers, FL

#3261 Mar 25, 2013
Please go with Pepperidge Farm.....do yourself the favor....(I did)...
ktmracer475 wrote:
I have a chance to buy a Pep Farms combo route and now a SL route has also come up. These are in a Upstate NY. Not sure which to pick.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated to pros/cons of either.
Rob

Ridgefield, CT

#3262 Mar 26, 2013
I did a little digging into Bridgford Foods. They happen to be publicly traded so they have filings with the SEC. They discontinued their sales through S/L. What other partner brands are losing sales and why? What about the chance of S/L getting bought out by a Frito-Lay type company. Is thate possible?

Bridgford (BRIDÂ’s) sales last quarter were $30.7M vs.$29.7M for the quarter ended January 25th 2013. For the quarter Wal-Mart was 14.3% of revenue compared to 10.8% in the January 2012 quarter, or $4.39M vs.$3.2M, up 34%. Dollar General also increased from 8.1% to 11.5% of revenue yoy.

Brid says in their SEC filing: "...w]e reduced product distribution through independent third-party distributors (redistributors) in the latter part of fiscal 2012 in favor of utilizing customer managed warehouse distribution centers to lower distribution cost. Approximately 900 customers were served in the third twelve weeks of fiscal year 2012 using this distribution method and the Company fully discontinued redistributor arrangements in the last quarter of fiscal 2012."

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3263 Mar 26, 2013
Have owned a route for little less than a year. Been reading all the posts and two things I agree with. SL is not to be trusted at all and two, you can make a decent living but you do have to work and manage your own business and not let the selfish management do it for you. I do have a question to put out there. Has anyone had an attorney look at the portion of the contract that states what exactly what you have bought? SL will tell you that you bought accounts and not a territory but the contract clearly lays out a geographic description and map. Any thoughts?
Cape Cod Chip Man

Old Town, FL

#3264 Mar 26, 2013
Heartbreak of Psoriasis wrote:
Have owned a route for little less than a year. Been reading all the posts and two things I agree with. SL is not to be trusted at all and two, you can make a decent living but you do have to work and manage your own business and not let the selfish management do it for you. I do have a question to put out there. Has anyone had an attorney look at the portion of the contract that states what exactly what you have bought? SL will tell you that you bought accounts and not a territory but the contract clearly lays out a geographic description and map. Any thoughts?
The Contract states you are buying "Authorized Outlets with in a geographical territory" If it is not on the list of customers that were purchased, you dont have the exclusive rights to that account.
Bill

Qingdao, China

#3265 Mar 28, 2013
Ok, the XTRA Fulls have been on my Walmarts floor for over a month now and I've sold maybe five. What a disaster! They better print some coupons cause I'm not taking all this crap back in my truck when they expire in September.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3266 Mar 28, 2013
Scan one see if they are in your handheld. They add not in mine.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3267 Mar 28, 2013
Heartbreak of Psoriasis wrote:
Unlike PF and Bimbo you're not buying territory. Down here there are major chain routes and C-Store/Walmart/Target routes. If you buy a major chain route with Publix,Sweetbay, etc and a Walmart opens up on it you're screwed. That is exactly what is happening now in Clearwater. A WalMart is opening up in an intersection that ahs a Publix and an Albertsons on it. The S-L IBO that services those 2 markets is going to see his business fly away across the street a she won't be servicing the Walmart. Another reason to stay away from these routes.
ripped off ralph

Frederick, MD

#3268 Mar 28, 2013
Bill wrote:
Ok, the XTRA Fulls have been on my Walmarts floor for over a month now and I've sold maybe five. What a disaster! They better print some coupons cause I'm not taking all this crap back in my truck when they expire in September.
my dm gave us coupons today, I told him that I will give them to a Walmart employee, as they are not my product, maybe they can ship some to China
FUTURE

Lockhart, TX

#3269 Mar 28, 2013
Fishin Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike PF and Bimbo you're not buying territory. Down here there are major chain routes and C-Store/Walmart/Target routes. If you buy a major chain route with Publix,Sweetbay, etc and a Walmart opens up on it you're screwed. That is exactly what is happening now in Clearwater. A WalMart is opening up in an intersection that ahs a Publix and an Albertsons on it. The S-L IBO that services those 2 markets is going to see his business fly away across the street a she won't be servicing the Walmart. Another reason to stay away from these routes.
No, you are buying a geographical area and any store in that area, existing or new will be your store!! I have a map with the boundaries marked off that SL gave me.
Know the facts

Tucker, GA

#3270 Mar 28, 2013
Fishin Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
no it's not ... If its in your terriority then u get that store unless it's a whole foods or someplace we are not in , got a walmart 6 months after i bought this route and paid nothing for it
Know the facts

Tucker, GA

#3271 Mar 28, 2013
cookieman wrote:
Scan one see if they are in your handheld. They add not in mine.
I believe Monday Them bad boys will be in your handheld tell the store to reduce them to get rid of them .... Store down here marked them down to a dollar and guess what.. got rid of them dogs
FUTURE

Lockhart, TX

#3272 Mar 28, 2013
Know the facts wrote:
<quoted text> no it's not ... If its in your terriority then u get that store unless it's a whole foods or someplace we are not in , got a walmart 6 months after i bought this route and paid nothing for it
That's what I said, Any store in your marked territory is yours be it existing or NEW
Know the facts

Tucker, GA

#3273 Mar 28, 2013
FUTURE wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I said, Any store in your marked territory is yours be it existing or NEW
not responding to you I was responding to fishing guy u must have posted when I was typing .... Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Littlestown woman bites child as discip... Sep 17 Crazy Mofos 2
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul '16 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul '16 Jan 22
News Last chance to get free fresh produce from Agen... Jul '16 test 1
Kitchen Fitters Manchester Jul '16 ceagceog432 1
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun '16 Davenport 2
107178 PB Filled Pieces Jun '16 Mattiecakes918 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance