Since: Mar 13

Holt, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Hello all...I've just retired from a company owned bread route that I ran for 20 yrs. I'm bored at home and have been offered a S-L route by a dm I know from the bread days. He says the weekly rte average is $5600 and is weekends off. How much do you think net take home would be? What do you guys pay for business insurance and truck insurance. Thanks for the help!
Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Maybe A New Guy wrote:
Hello all...I've just retired from a company owned bread route that I ran for 20 yrs. I'm bored at home and have been offered a S-L route by a dm I know from the bread days. He says the weekly rte average is $5600 and is weekends off. How much do you think net take home would be? What do you guys pay for business insurance and truck insurance. Thanks for the help!
@ 17 percent 5600 week route would be hard to survive .. thats 900 before allowances , gas , if any route note etc

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

cookieman wrote:
I agree with no pity. It is was it is. Find a comfortable weekly volume to make a acceptable living,sell what sells in your market, display what works for your market, order what you can afford to carry. It is a one sided contract which as a IBO completely disassociates myself from SL. It cant be more clear to me that I am completely remove from any association with SL. I am an indenpendent business owner. That's my understanding.
Well said..as crazy as it sounds .it does behoove the IO to keep inventory low and sell less

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Maybe A New Guy wrote:
You will be lucky to gross 900.00 a week.And that is if you keep your end of week inventory under 50.00
cookieman

Eagle, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Its not a sales driven model.

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

cookieman wrote:
<quoted text> good read
VERY interesting

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

cookieman wrote:
Its not a sales driven model.
It is not a sales driven model. It could be if they held inventory and gave us back ALL PA's. Until that is done the IO's will continue to tread water
no pity for fools

South Amboy, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Maybe A New Guy wrote:
I would not trust the Dm friend at S-L. He's trying to fill a spot. Here's what I would suggest. If there is an open spot ask to WORK for the company. This way you will be able to see first and foremost how the opertaion goes. You will talk to the IBO's and actually work the territory and make money. See how much you'll be taking in and what your expenses would be. And if you decide to purchase the route then so be it.

The mistake newbies make are listening to the DM's and others without knowing the facts. It's a shady business S-L has. That average is WAY to low to make a living on. pwoplw in this area are averaging 10,000+ and they're just getting by. And they're single!!
cookieman

Eagle, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Not yo cheese wrote:
Have any of you so called business owners that can barely keep gas in your trucks, thought about how you're going to pay the tax bill you're about to get?
I pay quarterly online it is very convenient.
ibo sucker

Bishopville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

You are right.. not a sales driven model... the more money i make is when i dont order much product... that is just insane to me.... i did just read that sl sales were down 1 % from last year.. im willing to bet that it will be following that same trend this year... maybe they will eventually catch on... we are their backbone..
cookieman

Eagle, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

WNY distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be lucky to gross 900.00 a week.And that is if you keep your end of week inventory under 50.00
True. If you do not need to be paid weekly and you would need an income to supplement other income it has value. I agree with no pity, go to work for them to determine actual weekly volume. Do not pay more than 10 to 1 weekly volume. It does work.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

ibo sucker wrote:
You are right.. not a sales driven model... the more money i make is when i dont order much product... that is just insane to me.... i did just read that sl sales were down 1 % from last year.. im willing to bet that it will be following that same trend this year... maybe they will eventually catch on... we are their backbone..
Once a month I have a warehouse blow out sale. It has nothing to do with sales, only to get paid and reset inventory commitments.
Chit to hi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

ibo sucker wrote:
sales probably wont be down @ the end of the quarter (end of next week) after each Walmart gets 5 pallets of crap hit the books !
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Maybe A New Guy wrote:
If you're so bored you don't mind assuming debt and responsibility to earn peanuts on a $5,600 route go for it. The DM has a dog route and he's looking to pawn it off any way he can. Old retired guy who was a company man in his career is just the type of sucker (no offense) he's looking for.
ibo sucker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

cookieman wrote:
<quoted text>Once a month I have a warehouse blow out sale. It has nothing to do with sales, only to get paid and reset inventory commitments.
. I do the same thing. Let my warehouse and shelfs go empty.. way to push for sales huh... like i said before i get my biggest checks when i order less.. thats just messed up
whadda joke

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I agree - it seems the more we have on sale the less I make. Have to handle that sale product several times - set up displays, etc. Easier to just sell off shelf. Im not aggressive anymore - all it ever did was get my route cut.
Bill

Jinan, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Problem is, in this economy if it's not on sale it just sits. People only buy whats on sale.
Bent over Billy

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

whadda joke wrote:
I agree - it seems the more we have on sale the less I make. Have to handle that sale product several times - set up displays, etc. Easier to just sell off shelf. Im not aggressive anymore - all it ever did was get my route cut.
You have a very valid point, I am the same way, displays are not moving at all the shelf is much better.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Sustainable growth can only come through gaining shelf space.
Lance Dude

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

No extra shelf space for your slobsQ

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 52 min PA Voter 3,813
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Wed More Settled Science 51,184
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Tue Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE