Comments
3,041 - 3,060 of 5,426 Comments Last updated Thursday
Anonymous

Rocky Point, NY

#3182 Mar 18, 2013
Just curious, but how do you guys do with the lance crackers and those cracker creations?

And archway cookies?

Only place I sell crackers decently is walmart, but then again if you put poop in a bag with a pricetag, it'll sell there.

But I dont do well with the crackers at all other than walmart, stale city. And as for those archway cookies, they don't even sell well in walmart, 1 box a week, once in a while every other week in slow seasons.
Anonymous

Rocky Point, NY

#3183 Mar 18, 2013
that stuff is for the birds.
Bill

Qingdao, China

#3184 Mar 18, 2013
Archway are horrible for me. I don't even sell them at Walmart.
jimmy jo

Magee, MS

#3185 Mar 18, 2013
We sell a lot of lance HP down here prob close to half of our routes. Archway, some routes sell 2 cases a week some sell 20 it is a hard sell. The cracker creation only sell when they run coupons in the papers. The new flavor will do horrible. Nabisco has had the same flavors with the golden gram name attached and they do not move.

At the last shareholders quarterly meeting one of the high up said "our primary concern is the shareholders." Probably the first truthful thing they said.
Bill

Qingdao, China

#3186 Mar 18, 2013
Guys, it's the start of another crappy week! Lets see if we can sell even less product than last week. Since our company has decided it doesn't want to compete with Frito Lay on prices anymore, I see plenty of crappy weeks in the coming weeks, months, years!
dropped route avearge

Hanover, PA

#3187 Mar 18, 2013
Lost Grean Mountain Salsa at Giant more money down the drain that we paid snyder/lance for.Were is our pay back for lost items.Soon we will all be down to about 6000 a week and will owe snyders money to buy the route back.Con artist
Bill

Qingdao, China

#3188 Mar 18, 2013
Guys, don't you get it? Everything snyders lance does is revolved around the stock price. They need to make more profit. Throw a few pallets in our Walmarts. Need more profit? Have fewer and fewer hot sales to compete with Frito Lay. They make more selling 5 bags of chips, than 12 bags at a discounted price. Need more profit for shareholders? Refuse to pay stores for more shelf space and display space. Why do you think Frito gets display space in half of the store? It costs money! When Snyders Lance comes up with their "plans" they consider stock price first, us 2nd. Nudff said
no pity for fools

Jersey City, NJ

#3189 Mar 18, 2013
Everyone who is expressing their concerns about S-L should've taken a step back before signing a contract. You call yourself businessmen but what part of the contract didn't you understand? It hasn't changed from the time you all signed you lives away. Now, after the fact, you don't like the conditions? It's always been a one way contract. You just fell for their sales pitch. Instead of concentrating on telling everyone you are going to be a business owner before signing. You should READ and understand the contract first. Because if you did, you would have NEVER signed it. So, stop whining and deal with it. Service your routes like workers till you find another fool to purchase it from you.
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#3190 Mar 18, 2013
no pity for fools wrote:
Everyone who is expressing their concerns about S-L should've taken a step back before signing a contract. You call yourself businessmen but what part of the contract didn't you understand? It hasn't changed from the time you all signed you lives away. Now, after the fact, you don't like the conditions? It's always been a one way contract. You just fell for their sales pitch. Instead of concentrating on telling everyone you are going to be a business owner before signing. You should READ and understand the contract first. Because if you did, you would have NEVER signed it. So, stop whining and deal with it. Service your routes like workers till you find another fool to purchase it from you.
You must do everything your dm tells you to do you are a puppet, who has no clue
george

Brick, NJ

#3191 Mar 18, 2013
When u work for a public company u are working for the shareholders!! As a shareholder thats all I want to hear. More profit means more money for me!
snack guy

Feeding Hills, MA

#3192 Mar 18, 2013
Bill wrote:
Guys, don't you get it? Everything snyders lance does is revolved around the stock price. They need to make more profit. Throw a few pallets in our Walmarts. Need more profit? Have fewer and fewer hot sales to compete with Frito Lay. They make more selling 5 bags of chips, than 12 bags at a discounted price. Need more profit for shareholders? Refuse to pay stores for more shelf space and display space. Why do you think Frito gets display space in half of the store? It costs money! When Snyders Lance comes up with their "plans" they consider stock price first, us 2nd. Nudff said
You forgot it is also about the executives and all the money they make. They all got 3% pay raises except Goode he got 10%. Don't care how much they make but they cut our pay. What these companies don't realize if you cut peoples pay eventually people will not be able to afford there product.
no pity for fools

Jersey City, NJ

#3193 Mar 19, 2013
snackman wrote:
<quoted text>You must do everything your dm tells you to do you are a puppet, who has no clue
Please let me know what I said was wrong. I read the contract and knew all the clauses. I paid for my route so I wouldn't be trapped paying the 3% fee to BAC if I ever split or sold outright. I still only work 5 days/week. I still only push product I want in my stores. So explain to me where I must be a puppet? I stated the obvious with everyone who signed after the merger. I knew what I was up against. The newbies don't. All I said was if you READ and signed the contract you KNEW it was a one sided deal. I'm not changing for S-L. If my accounts are happy then S-L can do nothing about it. I also said unless you're in the middle of getting out, then suck it up and go hustle to build your territory up so when you do find a sucker to buy it it will be worth much more than what you bought it for. Business 101. No one is going to convince S-L to put more money into our pockets. So why whine about the crossdocks, the billbacks, the direct deliveries?

You can place all your anger on me. That's fine. How much is that making you? Concentrate on your route..........

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3194 Mar 19, 2013
Check this out. An article I stumbled across:

http://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Processing-Pac...
Bill

Qingdao, China

#3195 Mar 19, 2013
No pity, you said you only push product into stores that you want. So I assume you are happy with all the direct shipped product, too?
no pity for fools

Jersey City, NJ

#3196 Mar 19, 2013
Bill wrote:
No pity, you said you only push product into stores that you want. So I assume you are happy with all the direct shipped product, too?
I have communication with my DM and stores. I know when direct deliveries are coming and I make sure it goes on the floor right away. I don't care for the DM, but you ever hear the line keep your friends close, your enemies closer? And store level knows it's S-L product, so when there are numerous cases left I will place it out back, not take it out of the store. They understand we have to make a living out there too. It's all about communication.

Until you find something better and sell your route we are all in the same boat. Unless some one out there wants to start a union I need to look out for myself and try to make a living.

And for the product that doesn't sell when I need to fill a 4ft bay. One case/shelf to represent. The product sells regional. Pretty much everything sells before the next item. Here there is a 3 week gap between sales. it's all timing.
no pity for fools

Jersey City, NJ

#3197 Mar 19, 2013
Bill wrote:
Sorry, I did not answer your question. NO, I do not like direct deliveries. But I looked over my contract and it clearly states S-L are allowed to do that. It does not say if we are to be compensated either. They do that because they NEED us to service the pallet. So, in their eyes paying us 12% is fair. I don't think it's fair for all the aggravation we put up with but it is what it is. The day they don't pay us for the DD the day the pallet will rot on the floor. And trust me, I do not put that much effort servicing the frigging DD's.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3198 Mar 19, 2013
I agree with no pity. It is was it is. Find a comfortable weekly volume to make a acceptable living,sell what sells in your market, display what works for your market, order what you can afford to carry. It is a one sided contract which as a IBO completely disassociates myself from SL. It cant be more clear to me that I am completely remove from any association with SL. I am an indenpendent business owner. That's my understanding.
Bent over Billy

Jefferson, MD

#3199 Mar 19, 2013
no pity for fools wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I did not answer your question. NO, I do not like direct deliveries. But I looked over my contract and it clearly states S-L are allowed to do that. It does not say if we are to be compensated either. They do that because they NEED us to service the pallet. So, in their eyes paying us 12% is fair. I don't think it's fair for all the aggravation we put up with but it is what it is. The day they don't pay us for the DD the day the pallet will rot on the floor. And trust me, I do not put that much effort servicing the frigging DD's.
good point
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#3200 Mar 19, 2013
Bbqbob01 wrote:
Check this out. An article I stumbled across:
http://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Processing-Pac...
good read
Not yo cheese

United States

#3201 Mar 19, 2013
Have any of you so called business owners that can barely keep gas in your trucks, thought about how you're going to pay the tax bill you're about to get?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 8 hr D Cheney 51,300
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Thu Knows he lost 3,921
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul '14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••