|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Rob MacArthur wrote:
Good posts. I have a couple of questions if someone would be so kind to answer. I don't see Booty and Utz on the L-S web site. Are those brands IO's are selling for L-S, if so, what percentage of total sales do those brands represent? Or are you an IO for those brands separately from L-S? Kettle seems to be there. It is a rumor they are leaving? What are S-L's biggest brands? Commissions? Did the company just recently unilaterally lower commissions? That doesn't sound right. Did you buy your route through L-S or a bank? What is the average down payment(% of total) for a route? How does the cost of an L-S route compare to Pepperidge Farm or Frito etc? rmacarthur@altresearch.com
Rob, the products available to IO's varies with region. Frito are company drivers. Not IO's. Bimbo/Pepperidge routes are priced higher than S-L. There are 2 options for financing if you buy a route from the company. If you don't go through BAC via the company, MAW will finance you. MAW is the Warehiem (Snyder's) bank. Usually no down payment is required. If you buy from a distributor then S-L will only finance 2% over the rate the route was purchased from them. The buyer is on his own. Example: S-L IO buys route from company at 11-1 ratio. Company will finance new buyer at 13-1. IO has it priced at 20-1. Buyer has to come up with the difference. Booty is a small % of sales. Kettle chips are an awesome product. A west coast company, they have huge shelf space out there but it's a struggle to properly promote the product here on the east coast. UTZ is viewed as a major competitor. I don't know of any area UTZ is being delivered on S-L trucks. I could be wrong. I hope this helps.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Some guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously have done extensive research.
If he doesn't know Frito drivers are company, not IO's, he has a lot more research to do. He really should have known that.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

When I was with Snyder a lot of IO's had trouble getting a check. I had the opinion that most of the time it was on them. They just couldn't do the math. Recently I had conversations with 2 old friends who are still with S-L. Both these guys have been in the business forever and know how to do the job inside and out. They both told me they are having a lot of trouble just getting a decent check under the current system. If these 2 guys are having trouble earning a decent living then somethings terribly wrong.
Hot fries

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Fishin Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, the products available to IO's varies with region. Frito are company drivers. Not IO's. Bimbo/Pepperidge routes are priced higher than S-L. There are 2 options for financing if you buy a route from the company. If you don't go through BAC via the company, MAW will finance you. MAW is the Warehiem (Snyder's) bank. Usually no down payment is required. If you buy from a distributor then S-L will only finance 2% over the rate the route was purchased from them. The buyer is on his own. Example: S-L IO buys route from company at 11-1 ratio. Company will finance new buyer at 13-1. IO has it priced at 20-1. Buyer has to come up with the difference. Booty is a small % of sales. Kettle chips are an awesome product. A west coast company, they have huge shelf space out there but it's a struggle to properly promote the product here on the east coast. UTZ is viewed as a major competitor. I don't know of any area UTZ is being delivered on S-L trucks. I could be wrong. I hope this helps.
kettle is not promoting like they did last year , I know they had some cook the books issues and stock went south .. But it still does pretty good
cookieman

Eagle, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

You can get paid well once a month, other weeks you have to pay attention to previous week loads. One week a month order a minimum load store order specific, then the next week order huge, filling all smaller item's, jerky, salsa, coffee, etc. Get a big check, pay your bills, then try to manage inventory, to get paid again. It works if you manage inventory. You are paid on inventory based on your sales.
Bill

Jinan, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

How much more can I/O's get squeezed before enough is enough? They keep shrinking bag sizes and raising prices. Better profit margin for the company, more stales for us. Nothing moves in my Supervalu stores anymore. I think we need to strike. Snyders Lance would be in shambles. They would have to hire temps and their sales would fall off a cliff because temps wouldn't give a crap.
Old School Lance Man

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Rob MacArthur wrote:
Good posts. I have a couple of questions if someone would be so kind to answer. I don't see Booty and Utz on the L-S web site. Are those brands IO's are selling for L-S, if so, what percentage of total sales do those brands represent? Or are you an IO for those brands separately from L-S? Kettle seems to be there. It is a rumor they are leaving? What are S-L's biggest brands? Commissions? Did the company just recently unilaterally lower commissions? That doesn't sound right. Did you buy your route through L-S or a bank? What is the average down payment(% of total) for a route? How does the cost of an L-S route compare to Pepperidge Farm or Frito etc? rmacarthur@altresearch.com
Run Forrest Run !!!!!!!!!!
striker

Norrköping, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Spread the word! We're going on strike, July 4th! Let's do this guys and gals. Stand up for ourselves and our families.
Bent over Billy

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

And yet another direct ship into wally world, Lance xtra fulls with cheese. Look for them, they tried to get me to do something with them, I told them they are yours, not mine.
Hot fries

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Bent over Billy wrote:
And yet another direct ship into wally world, Lance xtra fulls with cheese. Look for them, they tried to get me to do something with them, I told them they are yours, not mine.
heard they have pounders and extra full toasty pallets coming ...
Bent over Billy

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Hot fries wrote:
<quoted text> heard they have pounders and extra full toasty pallets coming ...
and they keep coming , and coming,

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Pounders have already been shipped to mine!
Bill

Jinan, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

These direct ship pallets to Walmart are really starting to piss me off. Snyders just jams it in there and no one at Walmart does jack shi* with them. They just let them rot in the back room. If Snyders is gonna do this, they have the duty to make sure Walmart management makes room for it on the floor. Total BS! Oh, and at one of my Walmarts the new XTRA cracker pallet is on the floor and it's selling like crap. sold 4 boxes! 4 whopping boxes in 3 weeks! This company is becoming very depressing to I/O for. I see things getting worse and worse
whadda joke

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

I got a full pallet of XTRA in mine plus another half pallet of toasty and a pounder and a cape cod one coming. I am contacting my lawyer because it is now getting out of hand. We should be involved in this process somehow and what do you do when this stuff is shoved into the backroom?? I am not picking it up or handling it. I got my money so as far as I am concerned it becomes Snyders problem since they did not include me in the decision. Can't wait to hear from my lawyer. He already believes Snyder's has breached our contract on several issues.
Bent over Billy

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

whadda joke wrote:
I got a full pallet of XTRA in mine plus another half pallet of toasty and a pounder and a cape cod one coming. I am contacting my lawyer because it is now getting out of hand. We should be involved in this process somehow and what do you do when this stuff is shoved into the backroom?? I am not picking it up or handling it. I got my money so as far as I am concerned it becomes Snyders problem since they did not include me in the decision. Can't wait to hear from my lawyer. He already believes Snyder's has breached our contract on several issues.
there is also a pallet drop of lance popcorn coming, fyi
Cbus

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

whadda joke wrote:
what issues?
Western New York IO

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Bent over Billy wrote:
You did the right thing!!
Bill

Jinan, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Billy, Lance popcorn? Didn't even know Lance made popcorn.
Bent over Billy

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Bill wrote:
Billy, Lance popcorn? Didn't even know Lance made popcorn.
had a quarterly sales beating, I mean meeting and the DM told us about it and was all exited, we werent, more crap to deal with.
Hot fries

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Western New York IO wrote:
<quoted text>
You did the right thing!!
Clowns better have some coupons coming to clean up some of these dog x tra fulls !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr John 51,197
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 7 hr bobby6464 3,826
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 25 Fitus T Bluster 2
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE