Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

I agree with Booty leaving. The rep from Booty told us awhile ago this was going to happen. He feels S-L doens not respect his brand no more so they're going to the open market.

Another item that might be leaving also is Kettle Chips. Alot of you might say who cares, but remember we all bought our routes with the Kettle Chip sales included. So again we will be losing more money.

One of the important topics back in the day was IBO's bought the routes according to the weekly ave including all partner brands. As partner brands leave who suffers? This was another point the small group of IO's wanted to change while the majority of us sat on our hands with no support.

Like I said, my route is paid for. I don't feel sorry for the people who didn't want to join and try to change the contract so it wouldn't be one sided.

2 warehouses closing in Mass cause of conditions. Now IBO's have to expense more money traveling to another warehouse nowhere near their territory. Never ever changes for corporate to save and stick it to the IBO........
Biotch please

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

WNY distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Snyders buys it, the IO's probably will not be able to sell it....just like Snack Factory
they cant do that .... Pretzel chips did come thru the warehouse ...pirates booty we have been delivering that would be a fat lawsuit !
ml tampa fl

Valrico, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

you guys are a bunch of idiots posting this shit on a forum. Next you'll be bitchin you can't sell your routes for a profit. Smartin the xxx up. Just cause you are'nt smart enough to run your own business dont ruin it for the rest of us. Guys are posting this link on craigslist you dumb shits
ml tampa fl

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Guys, I can't sell my route. I'm a nerd!!!!!
ml tampa

Valrico, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

That's funny 2 send a reply you guys are all hurting yourselves and I won't be on this thing again. Learn 2 run a business and stop whining no wonder you guys all walk away you should work at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks an hour and like it
Cbus

Ostrander, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

ml tampa wrote:
That's funny 2 send a reply you guys are all hurting yourselves and I won't be on this thing again. Learn 2 run a business and stop whining no wonder you guys all walk away you should work at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks an hour and like it
That would be an increase in pay! With bennies!
Frank

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

ml tampa wrote:
No matter how you run your business the bottom line is you only get 17% commission and a lot less on some items.

So your best bet is find another sucker fool enough to sign a contract like snyder/lance has. and by all the routes for sale Independents are having a hard time finding suckers.
Rob MacArthur

Ridgefield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Good posts. I have a couple of questions if someone would be so kind to answer. I don't see Booty and Utz on the L-S web site. Are those brands IO's are selling for L-S, if so, what percentage of total sales do those brands represent? Or are you an IO for those brands separately from L-S? Kettle seems to be there. It is a rumor they are leaving? What are S-L's biggest brands? Commissions? Did the company just recently unilaterally lower commissions? That doesn't sound right. Did you buy your route through L-S or a bank? What is the average down payment(% of total) for a route? How does the cost of an L-S route compare to Pepperidge Farm or Frito etc? rmacarthur@altresearch.com
Bordeaux11611

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

I keep getting flagged!
Some guy

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Rob MacArthur wrote:
Good posts. I have a couple of questions if someone would be so kind to answer. I don't see Booty and Utz on the L-S web site. Are those brands IO's are selling for L-S, if so, what percentage of total sales do those brands represent? Or are you an IO for those brands separately from L-S? Kettle seems to be there. It is a rumor they are leaving? What are S-L's biggest brands? Commissions? Did the company just recently unilaterally lower commissions? That doesn't sound right. Did you buy your route through L-S or a bank? What is the average down payment(% of total) for a route? How does the cost of an L-S route compare to Pepperidge Farm or Frito etc? rmacarthur@altresearch.com
You've obviously have done extensive research.
Bill

Qingdao, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Guys, can you explain how promo works? How much do we have to pay for promo items? Is it for all stores? Walmart Target Supervalu Safeway? I just started and I'm lost in this area. If someone could explain this in detail I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Biotch please

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

ml tampa fl wrote:
you guys are a bunch of idiots posting this shit on a forum. Next you'll be bitchin you can't sell your routes for a profit. Smartin the xxx up. Just cause you are'nt smart enough to run your own business dont ruin it for the rest of us. Guys are posting this link on craigslist you dumb shits
u must be another forrest gump dm !
Hot fries

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Bill wrote:
Guys, can you explain how promo works? How much do we have to pay for promo items? Is it for all stores? Walmart Target Supervalu Safeway? I just started and I'm lost in this area. If someone could explain this in detail I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Bill if you give 1000 dollars in allowance thats 170 out of your pocket @ the end of the week , u pay 17 percent of any discounts
Bent over Billy

Jefferson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Hot fries wrote:
<quoted text> Bill if you give 1000 dollars in allowance thats 170 out of your pocket @ the end of the week , u pay 17 percent of any discounts
That is also 19 percent on partner brands, of which we recieve less commision on.
Bent over Billy

Jefferson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Some guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously have done extensive research.
Sounds like some suit fishing, imho
Hot fries

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Bent over Billy wrote:
<quoted text>That is also 19 percent on partner brands, of which we recieve less commision on.
yep and s-l gets all partner brands allowances back and still charges us ...
Bent over Billy

Jefferson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Hot fries wrote:
<quoted text> yep and s-l gets all partner brands allowances back and still charges us ...
they deny that
Snyder Ho

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Who Me wrote:
I also hope someone is reading this with some pull. Why are we being charged promo fees on partner brands when SL is getting 100% credit from the brands? Why are we paying these fees when SL isn't? This is one of the many unfair practices SL screws us over on.
I've been pissed about the allowance thing already and did not know this info. Pisses me off even more.
Snyder Ho

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

123abc wrote:
<quoted text> Did your DM show you in the contract where it states this info? I do not see it anywhere in mine...wonder if we signed different contracts or i"m just missing it? Can anyone else confirm this? If someone can show me in my contract that I only get 12% on direct ships by snyders so be it but why does it state I have "exclusive" rights to distribute in the stores I bought...maybe I need to bring out my "webster's" and look up "exclusive" again...hmmmm....not...this could get interesting??
My contract says nothing specific about a percentage.......for anything. As a matter of fact it says they can do this (crossdocks) and says nothing about us getting any commission. So from their standpoint they are doing good giving us 12%. Our stanmdpoint, we are getting screwed because I would rather take it in myself and make full commission and also get the sales added to my equity.

Snyder Ho

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

The real issue wrote:
How much do you think you are making @ Walmart on lance crackers after you pay your share of the allowance ? It's about the same as that 12 percent they paid you for that pallet ... The real issue here they should pay 20 percent across the board like most other companies do when you purchase a route ! Snyders paid out alot of money from last lawsuit so treating people wrong is nothing new to these clowns ..
Totally agree with this post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Obamacare Surprise 51,274
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue But Not Hussein O... 3,898
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 22 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul '14 Marilyn Newcomer 1

Search the Hanover Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000