Former UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#3141 Mar 14, 2013
I agree with Booty leaving. The rep from Booty told us awhile ago this was going to happen. He feels S-L doens not respect his brand no more so they're going to the open market.

Another item that might be leaving also is Kettle Chips. Alot of you might say who cares, but remember we all bought our routes with the Kettle Chip sales included. So again we will be losing more money.

One of the important topics back in the day was IBO's bought the routes according to the weekly ave including all partner brands. As partner brands leave who suffers? This was another point the small group of IO's wanted to change while the majority of us sat on our hands with no support.

Like I said, my route is paid for. I don't feel sorry for the people who didn't want to join and try to change the contract so it wouldn't be one sided.

2 warehouses closing in Mass cause of conditions. Now IBO's have to expense more money traveling to another warehouse nowhere near their territory. Never ever changes for corporate to save and stick it to the IBO........
Biotch please

Duluth, GA

#3142 Mar 14, 2013
WNY distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Snyders buys it, the IO's probably will not be able to sell it....just like Snack Factory
they cant do that .... Pretzel chips did come thru the warehouse ...pirates booty we have been delivering that would be a fat lawsuit !
ml tampa fl

Valrico, FL

#3143 Mar 14, 2013
you guys are a bunch of idiots posting this shit on a forum. Next you'll be bitchin you can't sell your routes for a profit. Smartin the xxx up. Just cause you are'nt smart enough to run your own business dont ruin it for the rest of us. Guys are posting this link on craigslist you dumb shits
ml tampa fl

Bolingbrook, IL

#3144 Mar 14, 2013
Guys, I can't sell my route. I'm a nerd!!!!!
ml tampa

Valrico, FL

#3145 Mar 14, 2013
That's funny 2 send a reply you guys are all hurting yourselves and I won't be on this thing again. Learn 2 run a business and stop whining no wonder you guys all walk away you should work at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks an hour and like it
Cbus

Ostrander, OH

#3146 Mar 15, 2013
ml tampa wrote:
That's funny 2 send a reply you guys are all hurting yourselves and I won't be on this thing again. Learn 2 run a business and stop whining no wonder you guys all walk away you should work at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks an hour and like it
That would be an increase in pay! With bennies!
Frank

Spring Hill, FL

#3147 Mar 15, 2013
ml tampa wrote:
That's funny 2 send a reply you guys are all hurting yourselves and I won't be on this thing again. Learn 2 run a business and stop whining no wonder you guys all walk away you should work at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks an hour and like it
No matter how you run your business the bottom line is you only get 17% commission and a lot less on some items.

So your best bet is find another sucker fool enough to sign a contract like snyder/lance has. and by all the routes for sale Independents are having a hard time finding suckers.
Rob MacArthur

Ridgefield, CT

#3148 Mar 15, 2013
Good posts. I have a couple of questions if someone would be so kind to answer. I don't see Booty and Utz on the L-S web site. Are those brands IO's are selling for L-S, if so, what percentage of total sales do those brands represent? Or are you an IO for those brands separately from L-S? Kettle seems to be there. It is a rumor they are leaving? What are S-L's biggest brands? Commissions? Did the company just recently unilaterally lower commissions? That doesn't sound right. Did you buy your route through L-S or a bank? What is the average down payment(% of total) for a route? How does the cost of an L-S route compare to Pepperidge Farm or Frito etc? rmacarthur@altresearch.com
Bordeaux11611

York, PA

#3149 Mar 15, 2013
I keep getting flagged!
Some guy

Danielson, CT

#3150 Mar 15, 2013
Rob MacArthur wrote:
Good posts. I have a couple of questions if someone would be so kind to answer. I don't see Booty and Utz on the L-S web site. Are those brands IO's are selling for L-S, if so, what percentage of total sales do those brands represent? Or are you an IO for those brands separately from L-S? Kettle seems to be there. It is a rumor they are leaving? What are S-L's biggest brands? Commissions? Did the company just recently unilaterally lower commissions? That doesn't sound right. Did you buy your route through L-S or a bank? What is the average down payment(% of total) for a route? How does the cost of an L-S route compare to Pepperidge Farm or Frito etc? rmacarthur@altresearch.com
You've obviously have done extensive research.
Bill

Qingdao, China

#3151 Mar 15, 2013
Guys, can you explain how promo works? How much do we have to pay for promo items? Is it for all stores? Walmart Target Supervalu Safeway? I just started and I'm lost in this area. If someone could explain this in detail I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Biotch please

Duluth, GA

#3152 Mar 15, 2013
ml tampa fl wrote:
you guys are a bunch of idiots posting this shit on a forum. Next you'll be bitchin you can't sell your routes for a profit. Smartin the xxx up. Just cause you are'nt smart enough to run your own business dont ruin it for the rest of us. Guys are posting this link on craigslist you dumb shits
u must be another forrest gump dm !
Hot fries

Duluth, GA

#3153 Mar 15, 2013
Bill wrote:
Guys, can you explain how promo works? How much do we have to pay for promo items? Is it for all stores? Walmart Target Supervalu Safeway? I just started and I'm lost in this area. If someone could explain this in detail I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Bill if you give 1000 dollars in allowance thats 170 out of your pocket @ the end of the week , u pay 17 percent of any discounts
Bent over Billy

Jefferson, MD

#3154 Mar 15, 2013
Hot fries wrote:
<quoted text> Bill if you give 1000 dollars in allowance thats 170 out of your pocket @ the end of the week , u pay 17 percent of any discounts
That is also 19 percent on partner brands, of which we recieve less commision on.
Bent over Billy

Jefferson, MD

#3155 Mar 15, 2013
Some guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously have done extensive research.
Sounds like some suit fishing, imho
Hot fries

Duluth, GA

#3156 Mar 15, 2013
Bent over Billy wrote:
<quoted text>That is also 19 percent on partner brands, of which we recieve less commision on.
yep and s-l gets all partner brands allowances back and still charges us ...
Bent over Billy

Jefferson, MD

#3157 Mar 15, 2013
Hot fries wrote:
<quoted text> yep and s-l gets all partner brands allowances back and still charges us ...
they deny that
Snyder Ho

Kansas City, KS

#3158 Mar 15, 2013
Who Me wrote:
I also hope someone is reading this with some pull. Why are we being charged promo fees on partner brands when SL is getting 100% credit from the brands? Why are we paying these fees when SL isn't? This is one of the many unfair practices SL screws us over on.
I've been pissed about the allowance thing already and did not know this info. Pisses me off even more.
Snyder Ho

Kansas City, KS

#3159 Mar 15, 2013
123abc wrote:
<quoted text> Did your DM show you in the contract where it states this info? I do not see it anywhere in mine...wonder if we signed different contracts or i"m just missing it? Can anyone else confirm this? If someone can show me in my contract that I only get 12% on direct ships by snyders so be it but why does it state I have "exclusive" rights to distribute in the stores I bought...maybe I need to bring out my "webster's" and look up "exclusive" again...hmmmm....not...this could get interesting??
My contract says nothing specific about a percentage.......for anything. As a matter of fact it says they can do this (crossdocks) and says nothing about us getting any commission. So from their standpoint they are doing good giving us 12%. Our stanmdpoint, we are getting screwed because I would rather take it in myself and make full commission and also get the sales added to my equity.

Snyder Ho

Kansas City, KS

#3160 Mar 15, 2013
The real issue wrote:
How much do you think you are making @ Walmart on lance crackers after you pay your share of the allowance ? It's about the same as that 12 percent they paid you for that pallet ... The real issue here they should pay 20 percent across the board like most other companies do when you purchase a route ! Snyders paid out alot of money from last lawsuit so treating people wrong is nothing new to these clowns ..
Totally agree with this post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bald Eagle Live Stream, Hanover 4 hr Birder1810 1
Carl's Creations: A once-blooming business says... Feb 26 Steve Gratman 2
"Thank you for your service"? (Dec '13) Feb 20 anon 8
Police: Pair robbed Rutter's (Jan '10) Feb 15 anonymous 52
Police talk about ways to deter home burglaries Feb 10 Just a thought 4
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Feb 8 Lisa m and family 9
Nurse Cynthia Moschetti in PA guilty of swiping... Feb 4 Greenmachine24 1

Winter Storm Warning for York County was issued at March 05 at 12:48PM EST

Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

NBC Sports 5:00AM
Former Eagle Trent Cole to visit Buccaneers first
Bleacher Report 5:15 AM
Trent Cole: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation Surrounding Free Agent LB
NFL 6:26 AM
Visits Tracker: Cary Williams meeting with Seahawks
Bleacher Report 7:56 AM
'Home-Run Threat' WR the Eagles Should Draft in Round 2
Yahoo! Sports 9:59 AM
Greg Cosell's analysis: Breaking down the Eagles-Bills trade