Snyder's of Hanover
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3108 Mar 11, 2013
Barry The Bert wrote:
Guys, I talked to my DM and he said in the contract it states that all product sent directly to the stores from the warehouse is 12 percent commish.
Did your DM show you in the contract where it states this info? I do not see it anywhere in mine...wonder if we signed different contracts or i"m just missing it? Can anyone else confirm this? If someone can show me in my contract that I only get 12% on direct ships by snyders so be it but why does it state I have "exclusive" rights to distribute in the stores I bought...maybe I need to bring out my "webster's" and look up "exclusive" again...hmmmm....not...this could get interesting??
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3109 Mar 11, 2013
Just an fyi...anyone having issues with HH saying oversell of product when its not? Many issues...Its making your inv over and chances are your checks are incorrect..check your numbers...serious issues that need to be addressed and have been brought to Hanover office attention and still not corrected...keep records and follow up...Hopefully this situation is corrected in the NEAR future!
chip man

Marietta, GA

#3110 Mar 11, 2013
Been reading these posts the past few days and it seems to be a nationwide issue with owning one of these routes. I own one and have to say I have been dissapointed so far.It's hard to believe that S/L is treating their IBO'S the way they are.

But as bad as it is I also know it could be much worse.So the best thing we can all do is just hang in until something better comes along.

S/L will not change they are making too much profit and can care less about our bottom line.
snackman

Gettysburg, PA

#3111 Mar 11, 2013
Barry The Bert wrote:
Guys, I talked to my DM and he said in the contract it states that all product sent directly to the stores from the warehouse is 12 percent commish.
Your DM is telling you a big fat lie, I just read the agreement and there is nothing in there about the margins that we receive, just that we will get a pricelist from time to time. This company has screwed the very people that make them all the money, that my friend should make you feel great. Do not believe anything your DM tells you because they are all working for S-L and they have no say in anything anymore,they just shrug their shoulders and say oh well there is nothing that I can do about it, that is a wonderful way to manage .This company really sucks to work with.
The real issue

United States

#3112 Mar 11, 2013
How much do you think you are making @ Walmart on lance crackers after you pay your share of the allowance ? It's about the same as that 12 percent they paid you for that pallet ... The real issue here they should pay 20 percent across the board like most other companies do when you purchase a route ! Snyders paid out alot of money from last lawsuit so treating people wrong is nothing new to these clowns ..

Since: Feb 13

United States

#3113 Mar 12, 2013
whadda joke wrote:
The way they are doing things you would be smart to keep your route at a manageable level and work the fewest hours you can so in your mind (and in your wife's mind, if applicable) it seems worth it. It's not worth the effort to grow the business anymore because we are not beng supported by the company - when we are the only ones not serving club stores and also having product direct shipped then the writing is on the wall. I hope you sleep good at night Mike Warehime, Ed Good and all the others that turned a once proud company into the laughingstock they are on the street. I just wonder if any major accounts read our forum??
It does semm, at times, we are better off to work less and sell less. With poor warehouse hours, not giving 100% back on PA's , making 10- 12% on some products why would one bust his ass ? The whole system is fucked up ! Snyders wants it both ways, they treat the IO's as employees ( without the benefits), not as business partners. Until that changes they will continue to have disgruntled INDEPENDENT BUSINESS OWNERS

United States

#3114 Mar 12, 2013
123abc wrote:
Just an fyi...anyone having issues with HH saying oversell of product when its not? Many issues...Its making your inv over and chances are your checks are incorrect..check your numbers...serious issues that need to be addressed and have been brought to Hanover office attention and still not corrected...keep records and follow up...Hopefully this situation is corrected in the NEAR future!
Snders does not hold your inventory so it should not matter what your HH shows
Cbus

Columbus, OH

#3115 Mar 12, 2013
Does anyone know what happens if you turn in your computer and say bye bye? Management cant seem to answer me so like everything else, I'm left to guess. These routes are unsellable and I have another opportunity I can't pass on. I've tried for over a year to make this work but,.......
Billy Bob

Oswego, IL

#3116 Mar 12, 2013
Hey guys
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3117 Mar 12, 2013
WNY distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
Snders does not hold your inventory so it should not matter what your HH shows
I didnt give enough detail...selling product in store..showing as an oversell..sales show on invoice..sales show on sales register however sales on route summary are less than sales register...sales do not carry over...however shows as an inventory overage rather than being counted as sold product. Thinking there is a "bug" in the software that needs to be addressed?! Soon!!!
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3118 Mar 12, 2013
Cbus wrote:
Does anyone know what happens if you turn in your computer and say bye bye? Management cant seem to answer me so like everything else, I'm left to guess. These routes are unsellable and I have another opportunity I can't pass on. I've tried for over a year to make this work but,.......
I do believe your contract most likely will give you the answers your looking for and most likely they wont be in your favor..sorry!
Stiff Peter

United States

#3119 Mar 12, 2013
Cbus wrote:
yep u will get bent over .. Any equity left in ur route u can forget about it , and if you owe them money they will send you to collections and screw up ur credit
Bent over Billy

Frederick, MD

#3120 Mar 12, 2013
If you walk away they will charge you for a DM running it until they sell it, decreasing any, if not all equity you have, and then they will screw you without KY.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3121 Mar 12, 2013
Cbus wrote:
Where's your route at? I'm out of Columbus too.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3122 Mar 12, 2013
Cbus wrote:
DON'T DO IT!! Negotiate with the company on a buyout that will enable you to walk away with a small profit. Hire a lawyer if necessary. If you just walk away you're leaving yourself wide open to legal action. Don't let them win. Approach this professionally and you'll make out alright. Approach it like a loser, schmuck and they'll walk all over you.
Cbus

Lewis Center, OH

#3123 Mar 12, 2013
Buckeye for life wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your route at? I'm out of Columbus too.
sawmill

Rochester, NY

#3124 Mar 12, 2013
123abc wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt give enough detail...selling product in store..showing as an oversell..sales show on invoice..sales show on sales register however sales on route summary are less than sales register...sales do not carry over...however shows as an inventory overage rather than being counted as sold product. Thinking there is a "bug" in the software that needs to be addressed?! Soon!!!
Interesting , I never noticed that....thanks !

Rochester, NY

#3125 Mar 12, 2013
Stiff Peter wrote:
<quoted text> yep u will get bent over .. Any equity left in ur route u can forget about it , and if you owe them money they will send you to collections and screw up ur credit
They will run your route, take out expenses. And give you what is left over, and there will be money left over.Make sure you get all loads and invoices each week !!!
Not yo cheese

Tucker, GA

#3126 Mar 12, 2013
In the southern half of Georgia, over 20 I.o.s have walked. They roll your balances over to the next sucker!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3127 Mar 12, 2013
123abc wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt give enough detail...selling product in store..showing as an oversell..sales show on invoice..sales show on sales register however sales on route summary are less than sales register...sales do not carry over...however shows as an inventory overage rather than being counted as sold product. Thinking there is a "bug" in the software that needs to be addressed?! Soon!!!
Has your area recently received new computers? My area received them about 3 months ago and I have noticed bugs too. For example when doing a credit at a gas station(quicktrip) I gave credit for like 6 different items totally like 12 items total. It added all of it into my inventory at the end of the day and when I zeroed it out it didn't show any kind of inventory difference. This happen like 2 weeks ago. Did another credit in that same store today so I'm gonna check to see if it did the same thing tomorrow. Didn't think about it til I saw your post. I let my DM know via email on all the computer issues along with other things so he can pass it on. If its something consistent or real major I call route support

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shed foundation question Apr 19 Gettysburg Gay Bars 4
Ummmm......yeah (Oct '16) Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages