snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#3100 Mar 10, 2013
123abc wrote:
Someone mentioned in an earlier post reduced commish at wal mart. Ive read the contract and can not find anything mentioning direct ships to any store and being paid a reduced commish. Losing products to a different distibutor yes and being compensated for that but not by snyders-lance direct shipping ie..crossdocks. Hmmmm...dont I own the EXCLUSIVE rights to the stores that are in my route per my contract? Not only is this reduced commish reducing my percentage on the product it is not being accounted for towards my equity or any other ibo's? Im here to make money for myself and also snyders/lance...as we are "partners" and are to help each other. I'm hoping someone with a little "pull" will read this..consider this and address the situation. Im all for direct ships because they "usually" are put directly onto the salesfloor. I would even be willing to work the product to my shelves when requested by the store which always happens!! I just want to be fully compensated for the "crossdock product and the sales of this product be added as sales towards my route equity. Just think how successful snyders-lance could be if only they would take care of their "business partner" in a manner that would make all of us many $$$$!!!
Well said I agree 100% with everything you said I he someone wakes up at Snyders-lance before there are no ibo's left, they aredropping like flies
Barry The Bert

Chisinau, Moldova

#3101 Mar 10, 2013
Guys, I talked to my DM and he said in the contract it states that all product sent directly to the stores from the warehouse is 12 percent commish.
Barry The Bert

Chisinau, Moldova

#3102 Mar 10, 2013
Snyders Lance has us by the balls. They can send product directly to Walmart whenever they want. Watch them start doing it more and more often. It's all about the stock price now, folks.
Frank

Spring Hill, FL

#3103 Mar 10, 2013
How about a route that the company got back and have a DM running it selling for eleven to one.
Does $8500 a week, if anyone wants to buy it does the DM supply potential buyers with 52 weeks of settlements, to see what the route ran over the year and commission paid on a weekly bases.
Rob MacArthur

Ridgefield, CT

#3104 Mar 11, 2013
Bordeaux11611 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the SEC FINALLY investigating? And I haven't even told about the disability fraud that has been going on for many, many years, and that I have documented! Patricia Warehime is on the board of directors for Snyder's-Lance, and ALSO on the board of directors for Capital Blue Cross Insurance Company. Before that she was an occupational therapist for Lincoln Intermediate Unit Preschool Program in New Oxford, Pennsylvania, right around the corner from Snyder's of Hanover. One of the jobs that an occupational therapist does is help clients with billing and insurance forms, good practice for fraud.
Disability fraud? I don't understand what you are decribing. I don't know if the SEC is investigating. Why would they? I am a little curious about the relationship between the chairman's outside companies and S-L although the relationships are disclosed in their SEC filings. With nearly 3000 complaints here, I am curious to know how much churn or turnover there is of disgruntled IBOs. At what point do people throw in the towel after feeling like their 17-20% is more like 10-12%, not including the Walmart in the mix?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3105 Mar 11, 2013
I have owned three different routes over the years two bread and one cookie route.
So I know how DM's can be and how truthful they can be so I hear of a route for sale in New Port Richy FL.(company took it back DM running it) so I get a hold of the DM after a couple texts and talk to him about the route and he says someone with route experience will go to the top over others looking at it, and its almost like he wants me to say I will take it right over the phone but I tell him I need to see the numbers yearly and need to see back 6 months weekly settlements, he acts like no one ever have questioned the numbers or him. So this is Friday he says he wants to meet me right away and says how about 5am Monday at his first stop I say sure no problem.
So this weekend I am thinking why did this guy seem shocked with me asking the numbers oh well we will find out.
So i get up early this am and head down about 4am so I can get there by 5am I am waiting behind the store (talking to other vendors since I know all of them)he pulls up I introduce myself and he says I tried calling you this weekend I say no you did not, then he says oh wait I lost your number I say not a chance since you text me 2 days ago, then he goes on and tells me someone else stepped up after I talked to him on Friday and bought it.

So I think this is cool because I would not get a long with a DM that will lie right to your face knowing he knows you know he is lying.
So ether he really did sell the route or he is looking for someone that will take his word for the numbers.
Like I said it worked out the best I have been doing route relief since I sold my last route I get to work when I want and turn down more work then I need.
Fishin Buddy

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3106 Mar 11, 2013
Frank wrote:
How about a route that the company got back and have a DM running it selling for eleven to one.
Does $8500 a week, if anyone wants to buy it does the DM supply potential buyers with 52 weeks of settlements, to see what the route ran over the year and commission paid on a weekly bases.
If it's the route I'm thinking of, no way it does $8500 unless you're piling backstock everywhere, every week. But wait, Publix won't let you and SBay and WD are no places you want to. Without any major sales I'd say it's more like $6000.

BTW it has at least 1 Sbay that just closed.

Run away from this route.
whadda joke

Hanover, PA

#3107 Mar 11, 2013
The way they are doing things you would be smart to keep your route at a manageable level and work the fewest hours you can so in your mind (and in your wife's mind, if applicable) it seems worth it. It's not worth the effort to grow the business anymore because we are not beng supported by the company - when we are the only ones not serving club stores and also having product direct shipped then the writing is on the wall. I hope you sleep good at night Mike Warehime, Ed Good and all the others that turned a once proud company into the laughingstock they are on the street. I just wonder if any major accounts read our forum??
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3108 Mar 11, 2013
Barry The Bert wrote:
Guys, I talked to my DM and he said in the contract it states that all product sent directly to the stores from the warehouse is 12 percent commish.
Did your DM show you in the contract where it states this info? I do not see it anywhere in mine...wonder if we signed different contracts or i"m just missing it? Can anyone else confirm this? If someone can show me in my contract that I only get 12% on direct ships by snyders so be it but why does it state I have "exclusive" rights to distribute in the stores I bought...maybe I need to bring out my "webster's" and look up "exclusive" again...hmmmm....not...this could get interesting??
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3109 Mar 11, 2013
Just an fyi...anyone having issues with HH saying oversell of product when its not? Many issues...Its making your inv over and chances are your checks are incorrect..check your numbers...serious issues that need to be addressed and have been brought to Hanover office attention and still not corrected...keep records and follow up...Hopefully this situation is corrected in the NEAR future!
chip man

Kennesaw, GA

#3110 Mar 11, 2013
Been reading these posts the past few days and it seems to be a nationwide issue with owning one of these routes. I own one and have to say I have been dissapointed so far.It's hard to believe that S/L is treating their IBO'S the way they are.

But as bad as it is I also know it could be much worse.So the best thing we can all do is just hang in until something better comes along.

S/L will not change they are making too much profit and can care less about our bottom line.
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#3111 Mar 11, 2013
Barry The Bert wrote:
Your DM is telling you a big fat lie, I just read the agreement and there is nothing in there about the margins that we receive, just that we will get a pricelist from time to time. This company has screwed the very people that make them all the money, that my friend should make you feel great. Do not believe anything your DM tells you because they are all working for S-L and they have no say in anything anymore,they just shrug their shoulders and say oh well there is nothing that I can do about it, that is a wonderful way to manage .This company really sucks to work with.
The real issue

United States

#3112 Mar 11, 2013
How much do you think you are making @ Walmart on lance crackers after you pay your share of the allowance ? It's about the same as that 12 percent they paid you for that pallet ... The real issue here they should pay 20 percent across the board like most other companies do when you purchase a route ! Snyders paid out alot of money from last lawsuit so treating people wrong is nothing new to these clowns ..

Since: Feb 13

Naples, NY

#3113 Mar 12, 2013
whadda joke wrote:
The way they are doing things you would be smart to keep your route at a manageable level and work the fewest hours you can so in your mind (and in your wife's mind, if applicable) it seems worth it. It's not worth the effort to grow the business anymore because we are not beng supported by the company - when we are the only ones not serving club stores and also having product direct shipped then the writing is on the wall. I hope you sleep good at night Mike Warehime, Ed Good and all the others that turned a once proud company into the laughingstock they are on the street. I just wonder if any major accounts read our forum??
It does semm, at times, we are better off to work less and sell less. With poor warehouse hours, not giving 100% back on PA's , making 10- 12% on some products why would one bust his ass ? The whole system is fucked up ! Snyders wants it both ways, they treat the IO's as employees ( without the benefits), not as business partners. Until that changes they will continue to have disgruntled INDEPENDENT BUSINESS OWNERS

Since: Feb 13

Naples, NY

#3114 Mar 12, 2013
123abc wrote:
Just an fyi...anyone having issues with HH saying oversell of product when its not? Many issues...Its making your inv over and chances are your checks are incorrect..check your numbers...serious issues that need to be addressed and have been brought to Hanover office attention and still not corrected...keep records and follow up...Hopefully this situation is corrected in the NEAR future!
Snders does not hold your inventory so it should not matter what your HH shows
Cbus

Bellville, OH

#3115 Mar 12, 2013
Does anyone know what happens if you turn in your computer and say bye bye? Management cant seem to answer me so like everything else, I'm left to guess. These routes are unsellable and I have another opportunity I can't pass on. I've tried for over a year to make this work but,.......
Billy Bob

Montgomery, IL

#3116 Mar 12, 2013
Hey guys
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3117 Mar 12, 2013
WNY distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
Snders does not hold your inventory so it should not matter what your HH shows
I didnt give enough detail...selling product in store..showing as an oversell..sales show on invoice..sales show on sales register however sales on route summary are less than sales register...sales do not carry over...however shows as an inventory overage rather than being counted as sold product. Thinking there is a "bug" in the software that needs to be addressed?! Soon!!!
123abc

Hanover, PA

#3118 Mar 12, 2013
Cbus wrote:
Does anyone know what happens if you turn in your computer and say bye bye? Management cant seem to answer me so like everything else, I'm left to guess. These routes are unsellable and I have another opportunity I can't pass on. I've tried for over a year to make this work but,.......
I do believe your contract most likely will give you the answers your looking for and most likely they wont be in your favor..sorry!
Stiff Peter

United States

#3119 Mar 12, 2013
Cbus wrote:
yep u will get bent over .. Any equity left in ur route u can forget about it , and if you owe them money they will send you to collections and screw up ur credit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web