Snyder's of Hanover

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 148)

Showing posts 2,941 - 2,960 of5,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jimmy jo

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3080
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Rob MacArthur wrote:
I am an investment analyst researching Snyder's Lance. I've been reading the posts all day. I am very interested in all the stories. Let' see if I got it right (correct me where I am wrong). The company used to use its own employees/trucks etc to make delivery into territories; however, they made a big acquisition and in the process decided to off-load all their employees turning them into IBO's; however, because of expenses incurred by the IBO, it's really not a viable model. It sounds like the company may be cherry-picking the best accounts in each territory that if left intact might allow the IBO to do ok. Their costs are pushed down, IBO income is pushed down, and now there is high turnover of IBO's that could go out of business. Is that about right? Do you divide the cost of a route by the yearly net income to determine valuation? If not, how are routes valued? It sounds like the company is providing financing to IBO's which could be a slippery slope. I am interested in hearing more about it. Feel free to email me your horror stories. What do you guys know about these companies: ARWCO Corporation, MAW Associates, LP and Warehime Enterprises, Inc.This is just background work. rmacarthur@altresearch.com
The biggest problem I have with the system is the distribution centers, when our product was coming out of main WH the average chip date was 3 months and almost no cuts in orders. Now the average date is 6 weeks. I was cut more product in six months with snyders than 10 years with lance. We pay for all stales now so they could care less of the quality of the product or the date. They don't even like to give us credit for damages.
Snyders of bend over

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3081
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Snyders of Hangover wrote:
<quoted text>
what does BAC stand for?
bank of America

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3082
Mar 6, 2013
 
jimmy jo wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest problem I have with the system is the distribution centers, when our product was coming out of main WH the average chip date was 3 months and almost no cuts in orders. Now the average date is 6 weeks. I was cut more product in six months with snyders than 10 years with lance. We pay for all stales now so they could care less of the quality of the product or the date. They don't even like to give us credit for damages.
Not receiving credit on company damages is unconscionable . But that is exactly what SL does

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3083
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

not so fast there wrote:
<quoted text>
__________
I agree with all your points except the Frito salary back in the day. Before coporate started micomanaging there were route saleman making 70+. Our warehouse alone has 4 former Frito people.
For the single man there is money to be made. For people who have family it will be hard to be the bread winner. Unless your significant other is the bread winner. The more you beat Uncle Sam the more money in your pocket. It's a gamble........
Sad but true,eventually the company might come to realize they have to change some of their policies regarding the IO's if they want this to work. I still maintain if we made a straight 20% most of the gripes from the IO's would disappear .

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3084
Mar 6, 2013
 
Rob MacArthur wrote:
I am an investment analyst researching Snyder's Lance. I've been reading the posts all day. I am very interested in all the stories. Let' see if I got it right (correct me where I am wrong). The company used to use its own employees/trucks etc to make delivery into territories; however, they made a big acquisition and in the process decided to off-load all their employees turning them into IBO's; however, because of expenses incurred by the IBO, it's really not a viable model. It sounds like the company may be cherry-picking the best accounts in each territory that if left intact might allow the IBO to do ok. Their costs are pushed down, IBO income is pushed down, and now there is high turnover of IBO's that could go out of business. Is that about right? Do you divide the cost of a route by the yearly net income to determine valuation? If not, how are routes valued? It sounds like the company is providing financing to IBO's which could be a slippery slope. I am interested in hearing more about it. Feel free to email me your horror stories. What do you guys know about these companies: ARWCO Corporation, MAW Associates, LP and Warehime Enterprises, Inc.This is just background work. rmacarthur@altresearch.com
Rob, what is the name of the company you work for?
Former UTZ IBO

South Amboy, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3085
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I made a big mistake leaving UTZ for a S-L route. Everyone who has made suggestions on how things could be better by putting more money back to the IBO is wasting their breath. Why whould S-L lose money to make the IBO richer? The whole idea is to control the IBO by taking from us so we would go out and be more aggressive getting more business and accounts. As I get older I don't want to work more for less, but it's the S-L way until I get out. S-L is NOT getting rid of the billbacks, direct store delivery where the IBO only makes 12%, and other forced products for less commission. Unfortunately there was a small group of IBO's before the merger who were trying to do good for us and no one followed. Where are we now? On this forum whining and complaining about the way S-L is treating us. In stead of being proactive like the small group of IBO's premerger, we are all reactive post merger. And it's too late. All of you who signed and took a loan from BAC (Bank of America) signed a terrible contract. If you ever sell or split your route you automatically owe S-L 5 or 7% and 3% to BAC with in the first year. As stated above 2% within 2 years, and 1% within 3 years. Only after 3 years you will not have to pay a fee to BAC. On the other hand you will always have a fee for S-L when you go top sell or split your route. For fomer Snyder's IBO's it's 5%. Lance IBO's 7%. We signed a terrible contract. For the people who got out they are much happier with less stress in their lives. For the current IBO's, yes you're making money, but looking back would you still be doing this if you knew all the circunstances? I think not.
Rob MacArthur

Ridgefield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3086
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

My company is called Alternative Research Services, Inc.
Long Time Lance Man

Fleetwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3087
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Old School Lance Man wrote:
Lance was a great company to work for before the so called equal merger with Snyders.........I go in stores now and see half empty shelves and listen to complaints from store employees and owners and it is just sad..........
Lance..........You asked for it and you got it......
Be careful what you ask for...
I agree with you. Lance was a good company to work for before Snyder's destroyed it. I had 24 years with them. they let me go. I am now with Mission. I am glad they let me go. I am in a far better place working for mission than working for Snyder's. They can't even keep inventory in stock for people. Lance was always very good about sending my entire orders.
getting screwed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3088
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Any ios out their been compensated for any items lost to other distributers.contract says we r to be paud on any item lost on a 52 wk average of the sale of the item
Old School Lance Man

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3089
Mar 7, 2013
 
Long Time Lance Man wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you. Lance was a good company to work for before Snyder's destroyed it. I had 24 years with them. they let me go. I am now with Mission. I am glad they let me go. I am in a far better place working for mission than working for Snyder's. They can't even keep inventory in stock for people. Lance was always very good about sending my entire orders.
I had 22 1/2 years and they did'nt offer me a route.......the reason.......They said since I had less than 6 months before I turned 62 they figured I would retire.......
Not ok

Lumberton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3090
Mar 7, 2013
 
getting screwed wrote:
Any ios out their been compensated for any items lost to other distributers.contract says we r to be paud on any item lost on a 52 wk average of the sale of the item
Yes I have tried to get compensated and was told to go screw myself. Good luck and let us know how it went.
lance

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3091
Mar 7, 2013
 
I concur lance was a great company. Cheap insurance, 401k, profit sharing, good pay..... oh those were the days....
BURT

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3092
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Old school Lance dude, you could of had a route if you had sex with a DM.
nfw

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3093
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Long Time Lance Man wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you. Lance was a good company to work for before Snyder's destroyed it. I had 24 years with them. they let me go. I am now with Mission. I am glad they let me go. I am in a far better place working for mission than working for Snyder's. They can't even keep inventory in stock for people. Lance was always very good about sending my entire orders.
snyders was a very good company to own a route with. we all made a lot of money,got paid every week and never had any turn over. we kept the same group of io's for 7 or 8 years. then came the merger and lance tried to make things go their way and it has been down hill ever since. we have 2 or 3 guys quitting every week, just walking away from the route. so obviosly something is wrong
BURT

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3094
Mar 7, 2013
 
Snyders is a great company and anyone who says othertwise is a Frito Lay troll
Ernie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3095
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BURT wrote:
Snyders is a great company and anyone who says othertwise is a Frito Lay troll
aint it Time to film broke back mountain part 2 henry ?? Get outta here !
Bordeaux11611

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3096
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Rob MacArthur wrote:
My company is called Alternative Research Services, Inc.
Is the SEC FINALLY investigating? And I haven't even told about the disability fraud that has been going on for many, many years, and that I have documented! Patricia Warehime is on the board of directors for Snyder's-Lance, and ALSO on the board of directors for Capital Blue Cross Insurance Company. Before that she was an occupational therapist for Lincoln Intermediate Unit Preschool Program in New Oxford, Pennsylvania, right around the corner from Snyder's of Hanover. One of the jobs that an occupational therapist does is help clients with billing and insurance forms, good practice for fraud.
123abc

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3097
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Someone mentioned in an earlier post reduced commish at wal mart. Ive read the contract and can not find anything mentioning direct ships to any store and being paid a reduced commish. Losing products to a different distibutor yes and being compensated for that but not by snyders-lance direct shipping ie..crossdocks. Hmmmm...dont I own the EXCLUSIVE rights to the stores that are in my route per my contract? Not only is this reduced commish reducing my percentage on the product it is not being accounted for towards my equity or any other ibo's? Im here to make money for myself and also snyders/lance...as we are "partners" and are to help each other. I'm hoping someone with a little "pull" will read this..consider this and address the situation. Im all for direct ships because they "usually" are put directly onto the salesfloor. I would even be willing to work the product to my shelves when requested by the store which always happens!! I just want to be fully compensated for the "crossdock product and the sales of this product be added as sales towards my route equity. Just think how successful snyders-lance could be if only they would take care of their "business partner" in a manner that would make all of us many $$$$!!!
Who Me

Simpsonville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3098
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I also hope someone is reading this with some pull. Why are we being charged promo fees on partner brands when SL is getting 100% credit from the brands? Why are we paying these fees when SL isn't? This is one of the many unfair practices SL screws us over on.
Barry The Bert

Chisinau, Moldova

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3099
Mar 10, 2013
 
Sales are ugly out there. Not only is Snyders Lance ripping us off with crossdocks etc. they will not compete with Frito at Supervalu stores. Big Jays have been onsale for like only 2 weeks so far in 2013. We never have hot prices on holidays anymore. Why bother? Snyders would rather sells 2 bags of chips at full price than 20 bags at a discounted price. So, nothing moves at these stores anymore! We are screwed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,941 - 2,960 of5,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 hr Prince Reinbus 51,253
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) 7 hr Davenport 21
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal 19 hr Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Wed nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Mar 24 Stacy Krieger 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••