Head Dude

Bolingbrook, IL

#3060 Mar 4, 2013
If Coke bought Snyders, they would keep the Snyders Lance routes I/O.
Snyders of bend over

Duluth, GA

#3061 Mar 4, 2013
Xtrafulls the next s-l flop ...

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

#3062 Mar 4, 2013
Clocker wrote:
The Coke takeover rumor is true. Think about it. Pepsi/Frito and Coke/Snyder-Lance. Snyder has been promoting with Coke long before the merger. If this goes through Pepsi/Frito will no longer be the dominant combination. They'll still have an edge but it won't be anywhere near as big as before. Coke/S-L is a tremendous idea.
Clocker,I think you are dreaming, that would be to big a story to hide....unless you have some inside info!
With that said if it ever did happen it could only be a win win situation

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

#3063 Mar 4, 2013
Snyders of bend over wrote:
Xtrafulls the next s-l flop ...
Agreed...makes one wonder who comes up with these half ass product ideas!
not so fast there

Jersey City, NJ

#3064 Mar 5, 2013
WNY distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
Clocker,I think you are dreaming, that would be to big a story to hide....unless you have some inside info!
With that said if it ever did happen it could only be a win win situation
__________
WNY distributor,
You think it would be a win win situation? Did you also think when Snyders merged with Lance it was a win win situation? How's Frito guys doing now? We've had people from there working here now because they used to make unlimited salary. From what I hear today they top off somewhere in the $49,000/year range. And if some one went over that they would change the routes around to bring the salary back down. Ask Snyders guys taking a 1.5% decrease in pay if the merger was a win win situation. Lance guys, though may not like everything with the merger got a raise to 18%.
If I were an IBO working FOR S-L I would be proactive and reread your contracts to see what would happen if there was another merger or buyout. You will be surprised. It was always a one way contract. For corporate. That's why they make the big bucks....
pastorjohn

Spotsylvania, VA

#3065 Mar 5, 2013
hey guys new here but i'm glad to find the site anyone else having trouble getting c2 taken care of? i sent in for some missing items a while back they would'nt give me credit because the items were not at the warehouse i am last on my deliverytruck with 3-5 stops before me! check your contracts and see if the papers you signed concerning how much % you make are still there mine arn"t.
FUTURE

Beeville, TX

#3066 Mar 5, 2013
Hi can a decent living be made with a Snyder Lance routes?
bob

Virginia Beach, VA

#3067 Mar 5, 2013
FUTURE wrote:
Hi can a decent living be made with a Snyder Lance routes?
come sign on the dotted line and bendover if that tells you anything
FUURE

Beeville, TX

#3068 Mar 5, 2013
Oh my word!!
FUURE

Beeville, TX

#3069 Mar 5, 2013
BOB, Why would I have to bend over??
falling route average

Hanover, PA

#3070 Mar 5, 2013
Did anyone see the latest law suite on Snyder/Lance.The Stock web site says a Breach Of Fiduciary Duties By The Board Of Directors anybody have any info on this or know what it means
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3071 Mar 5, 2013
The "rumor" is true. But rumors aren't plastered all over the internet. It's all about space in the major chains. Right now Pepsi/Frito automatically get any end cap they want. Product all over the store tying in with chips and soda. Coke loses out. They can't compete with the combination. S-L is the #2 snack company. By acquiring S-L Coke reps can compete equally with Pepsi/Frito. The cost of the takeover by Coke would be a drop in the bucket for them regardless on how they want to structure the routes. Another thing is Frito doesn't have anything to compete with Lance crackers. Believe me a S-L takeover by Coke is a marriage made in heaven.
My Special

Bolingbrook, IL

#3072 Mar 5, 2013
Clocker, Coke is the #1 selling drink. Diet Coke is #2. lol Coke is doing fine. They don't need Snyders Lance. This rumor is sooooooooooooooo BS

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

#3073 Mar 5, 2013
not so fast there wrote:
<quoted text>
__________
WNY distributor,
You think it would be a win win situation? Did you also think when Snyders merged with Lance it was a win win situation? How's Frito guys doing now? We've had people from there working here now because they used to make unlimited salary. From what I hear today they top off somewhere in the $49,000/year range. And if some one went over that they would change the routes around to bring the salary back down. Ask Snyders guys taking a 1.5% decrease in pay if the merger was a win win situation. Lance guys, though may not like everything with the merger got a raise to 18%.
If I were an IBO working FOR S-L I would be proactive and reread your contracts to see what would happen if there was another merger or buyout. You will be surprised. It was always a one way contract. For corporate. That's why they make the big bucks....
Not so fast...

What I mean by that is strictly from a promotional stand point....cross promos etc. Maybe more displays?
As far as the contracts , you are correct, they are tilted heavily in Snyders favor, just as everything else is when it comes to IO's !
Frito people never made an unlimited salary...corporate there makes sure each salesman makes no more then 50 or 55...always have.
Merger or not things will never change...bottom line , Snyders is making mega bucks with the IO's carrying the heavy load. I feel bad for the younger guys with families coming in to this business ...there is no way for them to make a decent living with low percentages and all the costs associated with running a business. Snyders always tells us they are looking out for the IO, I'm not holding my breath
not so fast there

Jersey City, NJ

#3074 Mar 6, 2013
WNY distributer wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast...
What I mean by that is strictly from a promotional stand point....cross promos etc. Maybe more displays?
As far as the contracts , you are correct, they are tilted heavily in Snyders favor, just as everything else is when it comes to IO's !
Frito people never made an unlimited salary...corporate there makes sure each salesman makes no more then 50 or 55...always have.
Merger or not things will never change...bottom line , Snyders is making mega bucks with the IO's carrying the heavy load. I feel bad for the younger guys with families coming in to this business ...there is no way for them to make a decent living with low percentages and all the costs associated with running a business. Snyders always tells us they are looking out for the IO, I'm not holding my breath
__________
I agree with all your points except the Frito salary back in the day. Before coporate started micomanaging there were route saleman making 70+. Our warehouse alone has 4 former Frito people.
For the single man there is money to be made. For people who have family it will be hard to be the bread winner. Unless your significant other is the bread winner. The more you beat Uncle Sam the more money in your pocket. It's a gamble........
Snyders of bend over

United States

#3075 Mar 6, 2013
falling route average wrote:
Did anyone see the latest law suite on Snyder/Lance.The Stock web site says a Breach Of Fiduciary Duties By The Board Of Directors anybody have any info on this or know what it means
that's legal terms for other people interests .. And we know s-l dont give a rats ass about that ....
Former UTZ IBO

Jersey City, NJ

#3076 Mar 6, 2013
Snyders of bend over wrote:
<quoted text> don't they get 7 percent for splitting the route ? What a joke ...
__________
And if you financed with BAC you will owe them another 3% selling within the first year. 2% for the second, and 1% for the third. How smart is that? Knowing S-L were going to screw many people and if you want to get out, you pay.......
Rob MacArthur

Ridgefield, CT

#3077 Mar 6, 2013
I am an investment analyst researching Snyder's Lance. I've been reading the posts all day. I am very interested in all the stories. Let' see if I got it right (correct me where I am wrong). The company used to use its own employees/trucks etc to make delivery into territories; however, they made a big acquisition and in the process decided to off-load all their employees turning them into IBO's; however, because of expenses incurred by the IBO, it's really not a viable model. It sounds like the company may be cherry-picking the best accounts in each territory that if left intact might allow the IBO to do ok. Their costs are pushed down, IBO income is pushed down, and now there is high turnover of IBO's that could go out of business. Is that about right? Do you divide the cost of a route by the yearly net income to determine valuation? If not, how are routes valued? It sounds like the company is providing financing to IBO's which could be a slippery slope. I am interested in hearing more about it. Feel free to email me your horror stories. What do you guys know about these companies: ARWCO Corporation, MAW Associates, LP and Warehime Enterprises, Inc.This is just background work. rmacarthur@altresearch.com
snack guy

Wellesley, MA

#3078 Mar 6, 2013
They had a combination of company own and independent operators. In our area we were already ios. They bought back the routes in at a rate determined by the contract. S-L then reconfigured the routes. You were offered a route which you had no say in. You either accepted or rejected it,if you said no you would paid the value of your old route. The value of the route is determined by a multiple time your 52 week average. In our area the routes have been selling at18-20 times the weekly average. All the companies were or are owned by Micheal Warehime, chairman of the board of S-L.
Rob MacArthur wrote:
I am an investment analyst researching Snyder's Lance. I've been reading the posts all day. I am very interested in all the stories. Let' see if I got it right (correct me where I am wrong). The company used to use its own employees/trucks etc to make delivery into territories; however, they made a big acquisition and in the process decided to off-load all their employees turning them into IBO's; however, because of expenses incurred by the IBO, it's really not a viable model. It sounds like the company may be cherry-picking the best accounts in each territory that if left intact might allow the IBO to do ok. Their costs are pushed down, IBO income is pushed down, and now there is high turnover of IBO's that could go out of business. Is that about right? Do you divide the cost of a route by the yearly net income to determine valuation? If not, how are routes valued? It sounds like the company is providing financing to IBO's which could be a slippery slope. I am interested in hearing more about it. Feel free to email me your horror stories. What do you guys know about these companies: ARWCO Corporation, MAW Associates, LP and Warehime Enterprises, Inc.This is just background work. rmacarthur@altresearch.com
Snyders of Hangover

Beeville, TX

#3079 Mar 6, 2013
Former UTZ IBO wrote:
<quoted text>
What does BAC stand for??________
And if you financed with BAC you will owe them another 3% selling within the first year. 2% for the second, and 1% for the third. How smart is that? Knowing S-L were going to screw many people and if you want to get out, you pay.......
what does BAC stand for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Scapegoat 51,531
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue Skip Intel - Blam... 4,021
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 29 R Nixon 186
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 2
bulllys at the work place. Sep 19 Petal Power 3
Hanover Police Force Sep 15 Jeremy 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]