hard to make a living

Marietta, GA

#3040 Mar 3, 2013
All I can say is this is by far the worst buisness I have ever owned.And I have owned a few.This company really makes it difficult to succeed.Not only with having to empty your truck on Friday to having the lowest commission percentage and making you buy all stale product.We have good managers in my location but until S/L stops being greedy and pay us what we deserve like other companies their IBO's will fail.
Tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

#3041 Mar 3, 2013
It would be great if there was changes to the terms. And your right if they would change the end day to tues. a guy could order a little more to clean up Monday. There are so many small things this company could do that would benefit both the company and the IO. Problem is that the way warehouses are operated and the settlement formulas we operate under, Snyder is guaranteed to get there money because we have to buy the product. I can't tell you how many times I heard this phrase when I first started " we don't care how you get rid of or sell product, once you purchase the product it's out of our hands" That brings joy and comfort to your heart huh?
Little Joey

Chisinau, Moldova

#3042 Mar 3, 2013
Synders needs to either raise our commish to 20 percent or pay for our stales. cmonnnnnnnnnnnnn
WNY

East Hartford, CT

#3043 Mar 3, 2013
Jay Conolly? He is the biggest two-faced crook and liar out there.....
WNY distributer wrote:
You guys get any threats from S-L management over comments posted her? Sad that one can't express one's feelings without being singled out as a malcontent.. bottom line is this....treat us as businessmen.. NOT employees

Since: Feb 13

Rochester, NY

#3044 Mar 3, 2013
Bbqbob01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with tattooed. 0 term is better. I'm on 3 day terms but get my loads no later then Wednesday so I'm billed the same week and I sell everything I order and its all plain and simple. I'm not selling against my last weeks load. It's ur business so run it as u please within your means to make yourself money. Doing it managements way isn't always the best way for u. Hearing rumors that they are trying to figure out a better way with this whole 0-7 day terms thing. Maybe changing the end of our week from Saturday to Tuesday which in the past when I was with another company Tuesday ending the week is prefect in my opinion. So hopefully these rumors come true cause terms suck!!
Having the week end on Thursday is a great idea.....but. Management will no doubt take their sweet time because they won't see the advantage in that

Rochester, NY

#3045 Mar 3, 2013
WNY wrote:
Jay Conolly? He is the biggest two-faced crook and liar out there.....
<quoted text>
Actually Jay is a pretty decent guy....he does want the IO's to succeed ....he just has to adjust the warehouse hours so we can have a full truck ....by that I mean warehouse hours...overall the warehouse is well stocked,but the hours that its open is detrimental to selling

Rochester, NY

#3046 Mar 3, 2013
Little Joey wrote:
Synders needs to either raise our commish to 20 percent or pay for our stales. cmonnnnnnnnnnnnn
Joey...great ideas , but they really need to cover full PA's
Head Dude

Bolingbrook, IL

#3047 Mar 3, 2013
Guys, did you guys sell displays for the new Xtra Lance crackers? Cmon, doooooooooo it. They have more filling!
Old School Lance Man

Garner, NC

#3048 Mar 3, 2013
Lance was a great company to work for before the so called equal merger with Snyders.........I go in stores now and see half empty shelves and listen to complaints from store employees and owners and it is just sad..........

Lance..........You asked for it and you got it......

Be careful what you ask for...
FUTURE

United States

#3049 Mar 3, 2013
Hi can a decent living be made with a Snyder Lance routes?
Head Dude

Bolingbrook, IL

#3050 Mar 3, 2013
future, yes, you can make 100k a year
Scared in Canton

Jersey City, NJ

#3051 Mar 4, 2013
I just heard about a possible takeover from Coke. S-L is prime for a takeover. I read the contracts and if that happens we would only be paid what we bought our routes for. All the fees would come into play hence us losing money in the end. Some one please verify......
Head Dude

Bolingbrook, IL

#3052 Mar 4, 2013
scared, Coke buying us was a rumor a long time ago that was false. Why would Coke want to buy snyders Lance?
CapeCodChipMan

Gainesville, FL

#3053 Mar 4, 2013
I think the whole Coke rumor was after Singer left Coke and came to Lance and announced he wouldnt take over any one else. Then came Tom's.

Just buckle up...its gonna be a bumpy ride until people get their chyt together.
FUTURE

Beeville, TX

#3054 Mar 4, 2013
Hi can a decent living be made with a Snyder Lance routes?
snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#3055 Mar 4, 2013
This company is a f###ing joke They send crossdocks into your walmarts and only pay you 12% on storedoor cost. This saves them a ton of money and they expect us to take care of it for them . I say we all stand up and fight for our rights. Don't touch those displays and see how many they get in the future. They r getting rich off of the io and it has to stop.
snack guy

Boston, MA

#3056 Mar 4, 2013
I am an ex ibo. I went from working 40 to 65 hours a week. Had 15 stops went to 35 stops when they changed routes. According to management numbers I was going to make $600 more a year. The only way to make them listen is to hurt the stock. Write letters or start a petition to Carl Lee and or the stock annalist they just met with. At this meeting Singer and Lee stayed they consider the ibos partners and they listen to them. Male listen be heard!!!
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3057 Mar 4, 2013
The Coke takeover rumor is true. Think about it. Pepsi/Frito and Coke/Snyder-Lance. Snyder has been promoting with Coke long before the merger. If this goes through Pepsi/Frito will no longer be the dominant combination. They'll still have an edge but it won't be anywhere near as big as before. Coke/S-L is a tremendous idea.
ibo sucker

Norwood, NC

#3058 Mar 4, 2013
Clocker wrote:
The Coke takeover rumor is true. Think about it. Pepsi/Frito and Coke/Snyder-Lance. Snyder has been promoting with Coke long before the merger. If this goes through Pepsi/Frito will no longer be the dominant combination. They'll still have an edge but it won't be anywhere near as big as before. Coke/S-L is a tremendous idea.
clocker... where did you see this information about coke taking over lance snyder? I looked over the web and did not see it anywhere.
Tattooed pretzel

Marietta, OH

#3059 Mar 4, 2013
I'm trying to see where this would be a smart move for coke to takeover the company. There would be such a huge cost to buy out all the routes and then to furnish company vehicles, put people on payroll etc etc etc. just no part of this rumor makes sense. To further my theory, through the last merger the company was able to unload more expenses off their books by converting existing lance routes to IO status thus pleasing stock holders and boosting profits. Why would a company merge into a larger company only too double their expenses of company routes and be right back in the same position they was in just 16 months ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 hr Scapegoat 51,531
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue Skip Intel - Blam... 4,021
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 29 R Nixon 186
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 2
bulllys at the work place. Sep 19 Petal Power 3
Hanover Police Force Sep 15 Jeremy 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance