Snyder's of Hanover
Disgruntled io

Lexington, NC

#3006 Feb 25, 2013
They are selling out to a Mexican company either later this year or early next. Just keep watching the stocks they are not making any money with independent operators. Everyone out my district owes anywhere between 2000 and 7000 dollars and they can't make enough money to pay for it cause there routes were over priced and company doesn't care. But they will care when they lose all there major accounts like Wally World and delhaze
Disgruntled io

Lexington, NC

#3007 Feb 25, 2013
We need to go on strike and not work our accounts for one week so thy can see just how bad they need us
ibo sucker

Charlotte, NC

#3008 Feb 25, 2013
Pretzel Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points......it is totally understandable why you would be dissatisfied......I maintain if S-L picked up the full promotional allowance IBO's would much happier...it would put more money into our pockets which would give us the opportunity to hire merchandisers on weekends. Look at Pepperridge Farm IBO's, a straight 20% on everything.....Snyders should take a page from their book on how to keep distributers happy....very sad
also pepperidge farm hold their warehouse. The commission that they earn is off of what they sale. They are motivated to push for sales instead of worrying about if the can sell what they order. I am to the point now that if i have even any thoughts that i cant sell the case i just don't order it. Also if u are a bin order and you get your order on tues. It is the worst day to get an order. I have to order in the blind every week because i have to hold my warehouse till the following monday before i can use the product... so on friday or sat when i do my order i have a full truck sitting in my bin... do an order for the following week. They give u no break. If the conpany would hold the warehouse, sky is the limit on what we could make, and their total sales would increase also.
ibo sucker

Charlotte, NC

#3009 Feb 25, 2013
Pepperidge farm also holds their warehouse so they are motivated to push for extra sales. Im to the point if i have any doubt if i cant sell a case, i do not order cause if i dont sale it im charged. It seems to me that the less i order is when i make the most money.. thats just stupid, i like keeping my shelves full but when i need a paycheck and yall know what i mean, i have to let my shelves go empty to make some money.. we have great product and i know we all want to do good and make money but Snyder lance does nothing to help bin routes out. Synder used to hold the bins i just dont see why they cant do it now. It would make every thing easyer even with only 17 % and no stale credit.
Pretzel Boy

Rochester, NY

#3010 Feb 25, 2013
ibo sucker wrote:
Pepperidge farm also holds their warehouse so they are motivated to push for extra sales. Im to the point if i have any doubt if i cant sell a case, i do not order cause if i dont sale it im charged. It seems to me that the less i order is when i make the most money.. thats just stupid, i like keeping my shelves full but when i need a paycheck and yall know what i mean, i have to let my shelves go empty to make some money.. we have great product and i know we all want to do good and make money but Snyder lance does nothing to help bin routes out. Synder used to hold the bins i just dont see why they cant do it now. It would make every thing easyer even with only 17 % and no stale credit.
What you say is true......but I still maintain getting all promo money back is the key to IBO's success
nfw

Virginia Beach, VA

#3011 Feb 26, 2013
Pretzel Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
What you say is true......but I still maintain getting all promo money back is the key to IBO's success
I agree with everything you say. if wegot promo money back and could load what we need we coudall make a very good living. but until it starts effecting the upper peoples money they will not change anything. why would they it doesn't effect them and it would not help them to change anything. they don't care about us not getting a check for 2 or 3 weeks.
cbus

Lewis Center, OH

#3012 Feb 26, 2013
I don't think we'll ever get around sharing a percentage of promo. It's an expense any independent in this business will incur. Pepperidge, Brownberry, all share promotional expense. Write it off.
My problem is with the deferment. If you're always watching what you buy and when, you'll never grow.
Pay me my % each week off of what I sell. Inventory my truck/ warehouse once a month and if I'm short, I'll settle up. WTF...Anyone ever see the movie Major League? I feel like one of the players on the Indians who will be replaced once the team moves to Miami. Watch the movie and you'll get the analogy.
OWNER OF SNYDER-LANCE

United States

#3013 Feb 26, 2013
The wife found a summer mansion on each coast she wants. So I want all if u IO,s to work extra hard!!. Now get of there and make me some money!!
Cheese balls

Tucker, GA

#3014 Feb 26, 2013
Ur truck breaks down is the only time you really own this route ! Lol
Pretzel Boy

Rochester, NY

#3015 Feb 26, 2013
cbus wrote:
I don't think we'll ever get around sharing a percentage of promo. It's an expense any independent in this business will incur. Pepperidge, Brownberry, all share promotional expense. Write it off.
My problem is with the deferment. If you're always watching what you buy and when, you'll never grow.
Pay me my % each week off of what I sell. Inventory my truck/ warehouse once a month and if I'm short, I'll settle up. WTF...Anyone ever see the movie Major League? I feel like one of the players on the Indians who will be replaced once the team moves to Miami. Watch the movie and you'll get the analogy.
The pepperidge farm distributers get the promo allowances back....they make a straight 20% off the gross invoice.
Holding the loads would be a wonderful thing.....it would increase sales overall....no worries about inventory ...shelves would be full each day....but it will never happen
Pepperidge

Fredonia, NY

#3016 Feb 27, 2013
Pepperidge does NOT make us share promos. We are on consignment, have a stale allowance and get exception on new and seasonal items. I was a distributor for Snyder's as well.....
Broke Man

Chisinau, Moldova

#3017 Feb 28, 2013
Guys, Snyders Lance is really pissing me off now! In the last 3 weeks they've sent 2 half pallets of Lance crackers to both of Walmart stores. Of course Walmart doesn't put it on the floor. They expect me to work the product. So, now I'm working this product for 12 percent commish. This is a joke. Anyone else getting this crap also? Does our contract allow this? Why is Snyders Lance sending anything to our stores in the first place?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3018 Feb 28, 2013
MOLDOVA??
Guess Who

United States

#3019 Feb 28, 2013
Fishin Buddy wrote:
MOLDOVA??
Nabisco ??

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#3021 Feb 28, 2013
Clocker wrote:
Yeah the guy who said he was doing very well netting $55,000 is just the type they want. People who are satisfied just getting by, with low expectations, get a seat at the table of S-L. My engine, tranny =$5,000. Back door $1,000, tires $300. If you want to go on vacation you have to pay somebody so you can go. How about insurance costs? And not just the truck. Life, disability, medical, you need all that to provide security for you and your family.
Under the old Snyder contract I worked under, pre merger, all promos were paid for, so despite pushing out a lot of Publix private label we still averaged around 17%. Now under the new contract guys are lucky to average 15%.
I was in the warehouse not long ago and I heard a DM talking to an IBO like he was a piece of crap, questioning his service and product selections. Business owner?? Are you kidding me? All you're doing is buying a job that is paying less and less as time goes by so the big boys can rake it all in.
100% Right NNJ DM's Play the game to micro manage every I/O in the warehouse taking full advantage of all the newer guys that never ran routes before just digging in there pockets for more bonus money.
I did over 65k this year 11 guys bailed out when we got wind of the newer contacts We were in the Snyders Scam as pawns for there greed...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#3022 Feb 28, 2013
Broke Man wrote:
Guys, Snyders Lance is really pissing me off now! In the last 3 weeks they've sent 2 half pallets of Lance crackers to both of Walmart stores. Of course Walmart doesn't put it on the floor. They expect me to work the product. So, now I'm working this product for 12 percent commish. This is a joke. Anyone else getting this crap also? Does our contract allow this? Why is Snyders Lance sending anything to our stores in the first place?
Dude your working for nothing we told store manager was his responsiblity throw it up
Snyders of bend over

Tucker, GA

#3023 Feb 28, 2013
Broke Man wrote:
Guys, Snyders Lance is really pissing me off now! In the last 3 weeks they've sent 2 half pallets of Lance crackers to both of Walmart stores. Of course Walmart doesn't put it on the floor. They expect me to work the product. So, now I'm working this product for 12 percent commish. This is a joke. Anyone else getting this crap also? Does our contract allow this? Why is Snyders Lance sending anything to our stores in the first place?
And With Snyder lance this surprises u ??? Way to get numbers and screw you out of commish !

Since: Feb 13

United States

#3025 Mar 2, 2013
You guys get any threats from S-L management over comments posted her? Sad that one can't express one's feelings without being singled out as a malcontent.. bottom line is this....treat us as businessmen.. NOT employees
TerribleTowl

Beaumont, TX

#3026 Mar 2, 2013
Don't listen to those asses. They will threaten all they want, but you know what, you don't work for them! Simple as don't use your real name on here and they can't prove it's you anyways.
partner brands

Conroe, TX

#3027 Mar 2, 2013
what do you mean newer contract?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul 23 Jan 22
News Last chance to get free fresh produce from Agen... Jul 23 test 1
Kitchen Fitters Manchester Jul 1 ceagceog432 1
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun '16 Davenport 2
107178 PB Filled Pieces Jun '16 Mattiecakes918 1
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun '16 Mary jane 3
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) May '16 VroomVroom717 13

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages