Head Lance Boss

Bolingbrook, IL

#2978 Feb 20, 2013
Why are you guys complaining again???? Get back to work! NOW!
Lawyer Time

Shreveport, LA

#2979 Feb 20, 2013
I am told that the 1099 that S-L is sending out consists of three things: 1.Settlement checks paid to you. 2.Loans they paid on your behalf. 3. Any escrow accts.
real route man

Overland Park, KS

#2980 Feb 21, 2013
I can only say positive things about Snyder's-Lance. If you are willing to put in the time (yes, that means over 40 hours per week) and are smart enough to run a route the right way, there is plenty of money to be made being an independent operator for Snyder's-Lance. I get plenty of support from my District Manager and Zone Manager and work in the middle of the country. This is the best thing I ever got into..owning my own business and reaping the rewards. I earned over $55,000 after my expenses in 2013. Ask some other folks in this business if they are doing that good.
snaclman

Shippensburg, PA

#2981 Feb 21, 2013
real route man wrote:
I can only say positive things about Snyder's-Lance. If you are willing to put in the time (yes, that means over 40 hours per week) and are smart enough to run a route the right way, there is plenty of money to be made being an independent operator for Snyder's-Lance. I get plenty of support from my District Manager and Zone Manager and work in the middle of the country. This is the best thing I ever got into..owning my own business and reaping the rewards. I earned over $55,000 after my expenses in 2013. Ask some other folks in this business if they are doing that good.
oh yea well I will have to say that this company sucks the big one they screw us every chance they can
SL sucks

United States

#2982 Feb 21, 2013
real route man wrote:
LOL you only made 55k. You think that's great money for being a business owner? You getting screwed and are too stupid to realize it. Just wait until you have a bogo cape and don't have the product because the warehouse screwed up. Just wait until you pay over 600 in one week for promo fees on a 13k week and see your 2100 check down to 1200 after fees and route note then tell me how great it is.
nfw

Virginia Beach, VA

#2983 Feb 21, 2013
real route man wrote:
if everthing is so damn good , why are IOs walking away left and right? and before you say something else stupid most of the people leaving havce been in this business over 10 years. so they know how to run a route. the system that we are working under just is not condusive to making a route work for you. there is no way to grow your route because you can't load what you need when you need it.
Lance Boss

Bolingbrook, IL

#2984 Feb 21, 2013
You guys suck. NFW, I bet you are retarded!
Cheese balls

United States

#2985 Feb 21, 2013
Lance Boss wrote:
hey numb nuts scattered and covered

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#2986 Feb 22, 2013
Hearing rumors there was a lawsuits going on with SL ! Some of the I/O's problem with take on SL by themselfs and get squashed by their corporate lawyers.Take on Snyders as a Group we have rights to make a better a life for ourselves as a Business owners
Ive been reading this for about a year it seems tobe the same old song & dance across the Nation I/O's struggling to make a better life, while SL lines their pockets. I was one of 10 I/O's walked after New Contracts were revealed of their contents offered again SL adding more insult to injury NNJ warehouse were alot of the I/O's walked were asked to to run routes for two weeks havnt gotten payed nor the I/O's whom had sold out and are still waiting for their Settlements that were promised in writing within 30 days one day after "No Settlement " another week goes by and many Phone calls to Corporate I got a callback the best answer " SL said they had a problem and would have our settlements in another week a week has past Still No Settlement ITS LONG OVER DUE S-L taking advantage our lively hoods. Its time We Stand-up or remain like a Hamster on your Wheel in a Fish tank... SL owning the Tank & Wheel.. So where are you going?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#2987 Feb 22, 2013
SL sucks wrote:
<quoted text>LOL you only made 55k. You think that's great money for being a business owner? You getting screwed and are too stupid to realize it. Just wait until you have a bogo cape and don't have the product because the warehouse screwed up. Just wait until you pay over 600 in one week for promo fees on a 13k week and see your 2100 check down to 1200 after fees and route note then tell me how great it is.
Your lead to the S-L scam of DM's lead you into a false sense of security just get into your mind to see how far DM's can push you..as DM's should be also givin Drama award
for the first year as a Business Owner I/O and taking full advantage any New I/O's by DM's padding up their bonus Dont be be a Hamster on the SL Wheel in their FishTank Sooo Where you Going with SL?
IBO

Rochester, NY

#2988 Feb 23, 2013
Pretzel Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure as hell does seem as if SL couldn't give a shit about the IBO's......We are the very fabric of the company....most of our customers buy from us because they care about the IBO's, not the company or the product ...there are plenty of snack companies for our customers to buy from....they choose to display Snyders because of the IBO...not the DM's ....most of whom have the personality of a rock.
Agreed on all accounts
nfw

Virginia Beach, VA

#2989 Feb 23, 2013
Lance Boss wrote:
I , like so many others on here wish you would go away. or better yet i wish I could meet you as%$#$%^%
Guess Who

Naples, NY

#2990 Feb 23, 2013
Pretzel Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure as hell does seem as if SL couldn't give a shit about the IBO's......We are the very fabric of the company....most of our customers buy from us because they care about the IBO's, not the company or the product ...there are plenty of snack companies for our customers to buy from....they choose to display Snyders because of the IBO...not the DM's ....most of whom have the personality of a rock.
Ok guys....here is my perspective on being an IBO for Snyders, and trust me I have been doing it for many years.
It is actually a good business that can be made much better with a few changes...first and foremost being promotion allowances...this is the bane of an IBO's business...we lose HUNDREDS of dollars per WEEK by covering up 19% of the allowance...while this saves Snyders thousands per week it is killing the IBO. Gas prices are skyrocketing as well as insurance costs, truck expenses and taxes. Now Snyders will tell you this must be done to keep the company afloat, I don't buy it and you shouldn't either.

Short warehouse hours also go against sound business practices, what business in their right mind would curtail the hours to 3-4 hours a day ? We should be able to get in the warehouse at least 6 hours per day.....maybe from 6am until 1pm ? This gives the IBO plenty of time to load and have a full truck each day, it would also give the warehouse workers time to unload deliveries and keep the warehouse organized. Also , keep out of stocks to a minimum. Now I realize that at times it can't be helped other times I feel it is just a screw up on whoever is ordering.

In fairness to the DM's....they do have pressure on them to sell, sell, sell...not just for their bonuses, but for their jobs. Understand this guys, they are callous at times but they are being pressured from above. We actually have some ok DM's up here and our regional manager is actually very helpful and wants us to succeed ! With that said, they do tend to treat the IBO's as employees...this is a big no,no....IBO's lay out thousands of dollars as well as time and the last thing we need is for someone to treat us poorly....WE, the IBO's, have money invested in Snyders not the DM's ! And talk of pressure, no one has more on them then the IBO's.

If we can all sit down and discuss grievances I think things can be cleared. Until that is done I feel there will be nothing more then more and more dissatisfied business owners.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2991 Feb 23, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok guys....here is my perspective on being an IBO for Snyders, and trust me I have been doing it for many years.
It is actually a good business that can be made much better with a few changes...first and foremost being promotion allowances...this is the bane of an IBO's business...we lose HUNDREDS of dollars per WEEK by covering up 19% of the allowance...while this saves Snyders thousands per week it is killing the IBO. Gas prices are skyrocketing as well as insurance costs, truck expenses and taxes. Now Snyders will tell you this must be done to keep the company afloat, I don't buy it and you shouldn't either.
Short warehouse hours also go against sound business practices, what business in their right mind would curtail the hours to 3-4 hours a day ? We should be able to get in the warehouse at least 6 hours per day.....maybe from 6am until 1pm ? This gives the IBO plenty of time to load and have a full truck each day, it would also give the warehouse workers time to unload deliveries and keep the warehouse organized. Also , keep out of stocks to a minimum. Now I realize that at times it can't be helped other times I feel it is just a screw up on whoever is ordering.
In fairness to the DM's....they do have pressure on them to sell, sell, sell...not just for their bonuses, but for their jobs. Understand this guys, they are callous at times but they are being pressured from above. We actually have some ok DM's up here and our regional manager is actually very helpful and wants us to succeed ! With that said, they do tend to treat the IBO's as employees...this is a big no,no....IBO's lay out thousands of dollars as well as time and the last thing we need is for someone to treat us poorly....WE, the IBO's, have money invested in Snyders not the DM's ! And talk of pressure, no one has more on them then the IBO's.
If we can all sit down and discuss grievances I think things can be cleared. Until that is done I feel there will be nothing more then more and more dissatisfied business owners.
As a IBO from Texas I agree with this. Been in it for about 8 years and as time went on with 3 companies becoming one our commission rate has went from around 20 to like 16 or less since we do have so much promotion allowance that hurts our so called 18-20 percent. As far as our warehouse hours they are great. Like 5-6 in the morning til like 4 in the evening. Mon-fri. I use to love this kind of work but with all the changes and low settlement checks already effecting my life and its not even summer yet things will only get worse for me and all it would take is getting one more stop to make things better for me and bring my sales back up to where they use to be before the lost partner brands or lost space in stores. Hopefully something will change cause its coming to a point towhere I'm gonna have to weigh my options and really think about moving on. Tired of working my ass off and barely getting by or having to rely on other ways to make ends meet.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2992 Feb 23, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Also agree with you on the DM's and zone manager. They are under pressure just as we are and have to push sales as much as possible. But in my case with my grocery stores being micro managed there is hardly any room for growth to boost my sales if I'm not on the mandatory display list. I get lead way during holidays but other then that its hard. Our zone manager has been pushing for change so hopefully things will. We will see
DM needing check

United States

#2993 Feb 23, 2013
You IBO'S just need to all join hands and get your jobs done!! Us DM's need our paychecks!!
Northeast Snackman

Foxboro, MA

#2994 Feb 24, 2013
The only thing all of you don't seem to understand is we're not business owners. We just got duped into thinking we bought a business.

I will compare it to an auto body shop which my friend OWNS. He controls the prices. He controls the time he works. He controls his vacations. He control when he will get things done. He control his raises. He controls everything!

Compare that to what we control. I'm told when I can load. I'm told to take a decrease in pay. I'm told to work 7 days/week from store mgrs or mgmt. I'm told to service direct deliveries for a much lower %. I'm told if I want to sell my supposedly business mgmt can decline the potential buyer. I'm told we will help in the billbacks for the goodness of S-L.

I'm happy I'm making a living. You're a fool if you think netting $50,000/year is great money. I compare myself to my friend who works in a office 40 hours/week. Who gets 3 paid weeks vacation, beefits, 401K matching plan, Mon-Fri. me makes the same,$50,000/ year. Why does he have a bigger house? A nicer car. Go away 3 times/year? I make over double he makes. And for all of you who don't says you're playing by the rules with Uncle Sam, you're a liar. We all do. And someday we will be audited. We had some one here and he owed $26,000 from one year. IRS is now looking at fellow IBO'S.

So,for you people who love going around telling people "I own a business" but you can't take off to go on vacations with your buddies cause you want to work. Keep fooling yourselves.

We went from 20%, to 19.5%, and now down to 18% here. I've heard of people not getting raises. I've never heard of people taking a decrease for a RAISE. Don't get me wrong. You Lance people received a raise because you were getting reemed by Greer. I think the most you were making was 15% before the merger? Now you guys are making 18%. that's great. I wouldn't complain either. Ask Snyders guys if we went from 19.5% to 22.5% if we would be happy.

So keep on servicing the direct delivery because you own your own business. I'm a stock watcher. have you seen the S_L stocks? Perfect time for a take over. What happens them IBO'S? Read your one way contract. My route is paid for. Like they say when yopu take a gamble, "read them, and weep."

Good luck to all of you..........
Pretzel Boy

Rochester, NY

#2995 Feb 24, 2013
Northeast Snackman wrote:
The only thing all of you don't seem to understand is we're not business owners. We just got duped into thinking we bought a business.
I will compare it to an auto body shop which my friend OWNS. He controls the prices. He controls the time he works. He controls his vacations. He control when he will get things done. He control his raises. He controls everything!
Compare that to what we control. I'm told when I can load. I'm told to take a decrease in pay. I'm told to work 7 days/week from store mgrs or mgmt. I'm told to service direct deliveries for a much lower %. I'm told if I want to sell my supposedly business mgmt can decline the potential buyer. I'm told we will help in the billbacks for the goodness of S-L.
I'm happy I'm making a living. You're a fool if you think netting $50,000/year is great money. I compare myself to my friend who works in a office 40 hours/week. Who gets 3 paid weeks vacation, beefits, 401K matching plan, Mon-Fri. me makes the same,$50,000/ year. Why does he have a bigger house? A nicer car. Go away 3 times/year? I make over double he makes. And for all of you who don't says you're playing by the rules with Uncle Sam, you're a liar. We all do. And someday we will be audited. We had some one here and he owed $26,000 from one year. IRS is now looking at fellow IBO'S.

So,for you people who love going around telling people "I own a business" but you can't take off to go on vacations with your buddies cause you want to work. Keep fooling yourselves.
We went from 20%, to 19.5%, and now down to 18% here. I've heard of people not getting raises. I've never heard of people taking a decrease for a RAISE. Don't get me wrong. You Lance people received a raise because you were getting reemed by Greer. I think the most you were making was 15% before the merger? Now you guys are making 18%. that's great. I wouldn't complain either. Ask Snyders guys if we went from 19.5% to 22.5% if we would be happy.
So keep on servicing the direct delivery because you own your own business. I'm a stock watcher. have you seen the S_L stocks? Perfect time for a take over. What happens them IBO'S? Read your one way contract. My route is paid for. Like they say when yopu take a gamble, "read them, and weep."
Good luck to all of you..........
Good points......it is totally understandable why you would be dissatisfied......I maintain if S-L picked up the full promotional allowance IBO's would much happier...it would put more money into our pockets which would give us the opportunity to hire merchandisers on weekends. Look at Pepperridge Farm IBO's, a straight 20% on everything.....Snyders should take a page from their book on how to keep distributers happy....very sad
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2996 Feb 24, 2013
Yeah the guy who said he was doing very well netting $55,000 is just the type they want. People who are satisfied just getting by, with low expectations, get a seat at the table of S-L. My engine, tranny =$5,000. Back door $1,000, tires $300. If you want to go on vacation you have to pay somebody so you can go. How about insurance costs? And not just the truck. Life, disability, medical, you need all that to provide security for you and your family.

Under the old Snyder contract I worked under, pre merger, all promos were paid for, so despite pushing out a lot of Publix private label we still averaged around 17%. Now under the new contract guys are lucky to average 15%.

I was in the warehouse not long ago and I heard a DM talking to an IBO like he was a piece of crap, questioning his service and product selections. Business owner?? Are you kidding me? All you're doing is buying a job that is paying less and less as time goes by so the big boys can rake it all in.
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2997 Feb 24, 2013
Engine, tranny =$5,000. That's apiece.
Publix Private Label is 14% and you have to pull credits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr Ed Swindell 51,432
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 8 hr JFK 3,990
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sat Tom Ridge 182
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8
Snyder's Lance Sep 3 Old School Lance Man 4
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug '14 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••