Snyder's of Hanover
I know all about you

Dover, PA

#2865 Jan 7, 2013
All by yourself wrote:
<quoted text> If you buy the right area you can make money despite weak management and snyders overpricing ..
"If you build it, they will come!", I was talking just yesterday about how STUPID this movie was! "If you want it bad enough, it will happen!" Yeah, keep believin'! That's what counts, not S-L that makes everyone and everything turn against you, and is set to make money off of you and your sweat, instead of their good business management.
GO GETTER

United States

#2866 Jan 8, 2013
Can anyone give me some insight on owning a Snyder-Lance route?
I would like to know all the pros and cons. Thank you
SL questions

Germantown, OH

#2867 Jan 8, 2013
My husband and I have owned a route for a year now and have done very well making money until recently when our DM told us we have to do orders differently. We haven't had checks in weeks and he threatens that the route will be taken if we do not continue doing it their new way. He is now ordering for us and telling us when and where to go everyday. We are ready to get out of this stress and would be happy working min wage jobs instead of this route! We notified them we wish to sell and have found a buyer. He told us today that we have to get our sales back up first... Our sales are always right around 7000 weekly. Were concerned they will try to make it impossible to sell. I know in contract it has to be approved. Our DM didn't even know the process of selling because he said everyone just walks away. We don't want to get stuck with any fees and after reading contract it seems only fee is 5% of sale price? My question is, what is the selling process? What fees, if any should we expect? Right now our payments are caught up so I can't see owing anything else. Also, what legally happens if we just up and quit? They said credit will be ruined.. Is that true, will u owe also? I don't fully trust what he says and hoping someone here has been through the process and can inform me. Thanks.
scott

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#2868 Jan 9, 2013
do ios have to follow a plan o gram in publix setup by snyders not publix

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2869 Jan 9, 2013
SL questions wrote:
My husband and I have owned a route for a year now and have done very well making money until recently when our DM told us we have to do orders differently. We haven't had checks in weeks and he threatens that the route will be taken if we do not continue doing it their new way. He is now ordering for us and telling us when and where to go everyday. We are ready to get out of this stress and would be happy working min wage jobs instead of this route! We notified them we wish to sell and have found a buyer. He told us today that we have to get our sales back up first... Our sales are always right around 7000 weekly. Were concerned they will try to make it impossible to sell. I know in contract it has to be approved. Our DM didn't even know the process of selling because he said everyone just walks away. We don't want to get stuck with any fees and after reading contract it seems only fee is 5% of sale price? My question is, what is the selling process? What fees, if any should we expect? Right now our payments are caught up so I can't see owing anything else. Also, what legally happens if we just up and quit? They said credit will be ruined.. Is that true, will u owe also? I don't fully trust what he says and hoping someone here has been through the process and can inform me. Thanks.
I'm curious who your DM is. Are you out of Toledo Zone or Cleveland? Feel free to email me.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2870 Jan 12, 2013
What information or documentation will S-L provide an IBO to prepare Taxes? This will be first time filing as an IBO, any tips or help would be appreciated. Are cash accounts and charge accounts handled differently?
Thanks
Thieves

Boston, MA

#2871 Jan 12, 2013
scott wrote:
No...no...no!!! Don't you DARE follow a single planogram that Snyders tells you to.
cbus

Lewis Center, OH

#2872 Jan 14, 2013
Snyders sucks, haven't heard from you. What's the latest?
cbus

Lewis Center, OH

#2873 Jan 14, 2013
Snydersucks, Haven't heard from you, what's the latest?
Barefoot and pregnant

Tucker, GA

#2874 Jan 14, 2013
gakudzu wrote:
What information or documentation will S-L provide an IBO to prepare Taxes? This will be first time filing as an IBO, any tips or help would be appreciated. Are cash accounts and charge accounts handled differently?
Thanks
They will send u a 1099 probably last day of this month , but only what they paid you not the cash you picked up from c stores
SL questions

Germantown, OH

#2875 Jan 15, 2013
Just to follow up and give info to others out on these boards, we did take the contract to a lawyer. He told us our only option is to sell otherwise we will owe the remaining balance of the loan as well as ruin my credit. Even giving the 60 day notice that it says in contract will not get you out of the loan. I figured since they resell the route you wouldn't get stuck paying back, guess they want all they can get. Least we know now. We found a buyer and started the process of selling. Also those saying about declaring bankruptcy on the business, we were told with our contract it would not work because the loan is in my personal name. Not sure how everyone else has theirs setup but it would not work in our case. Our lawyer said if we had brought the contract to him prior, he would of advised us not to sign it. Just FYI for those out their in similar situations.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2876 Jan 15, 2013
cbus wrote:
Snydersucks, Haven't heard from you, what's the latest?
cbus.....haven't seen you on here before. Do you have a route out of Columbus?
go getter

United States

#2877 Jan 15, 2013
Is snyder-lance a good company?
Cubs

Lewis Center, OH

#2878 Jan 16, 2013
Buckeye for life wrote:
<quoted text>
cbus.....haven't seen you on here before. Do you have a route out of Columbus?
Yes, multiple.
Cbus

Mount Vernon, OH

#2879 Jan 16, 2013
Problem is at some point, you'll sell deferred product to take care of your customer and you'll be upside down. Once that happens, you're forever chasing your load. Once you buy your business and understand this, it's too late. You're in there pocket.
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2880 Jan 16, 2013
"Our lawyer said if we had brought the contract to him prior, he would of advised us not to sign"

This should answer all the questions that come from people asking if owning a Snyder-Lance route is a good idea. Their lawyer isn't the only one who has said this. To be honest, I haven't heard of any distributor or potential one who has consulted a lawyer say it is a good, fair contract. They ALL say walk away.
Mini Me

Sun City, FL

#2881 Jan 16, 2013
scott wrote:
The best thing for you to do is go to your grocery manager and tell him about the plan-o-gram you have from Snyder's and ask him to print you one for your store from them and see which one he wants you to follow. Your managers in Publix are the ones you listen to. I know from experience!!!
Dumb and dumber

United States

#2882 Jan 16, 2013
Snyders 2013 plan since cape cod sales were up last year lets cut space on cape cod and make 4 rows of garlic nibblers and anything else that will move slow ... Great plan ass clowns !
Cbus

Mount Vernon, OH

#2883 Jan 16, 2013
Dumb and dumber wrote:
Snyders 2013 plan since cape cod sales were up last year lets cut space on cape cod and make 4 rows of garlic nibblers and anything else that will move slow ... Great plan ass clowns !
lol
chase that number

Hanover, PA

#2884 Jan 18, 2013
does anyone have any idea if we will ever get to sell the pretzel crisp or will that stay a direct shipment like it is now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) 12 hr Jan 22
News Last chance to get free fresh produce from Agen... 21 hr test 1
Kitchen Fitters Manchester Jul 1 ceagceog432 1
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun '16 Davenport 2
107178 PB Filled Pieces Jun '16 Mattiecakes918 1
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun '16 Mary jane 3
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) May '16 VroomVroom717 13

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance