whadda joke

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

we were told they were a guaranteed sale.
CapeCodChipMan

Bell, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

We were told back in May when we had to blindly pre-order them that there was no buy back this year on these or the SOH Chocolates.

I ordered 1 case for each store and called it done. Then had the order cut due to "production" issues.
chip man wrote:
anyone else get lied to about snyders lance buying back archway holiday cookies after christmas. now they have decided not to? so we are stuck with them.
abc123

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Soon tax time...want to be sure I claim all deductions im allowed...was told I can claim...
my share of promo dollars..all truck expenses..interest on route loan..stale..35.00 a week charge by snyders...tax preparer's fee..home office expense..milage for my car for pullups..meetings, etc...truck depreciation. Question Im still unsure about...can i deduct all of truck payment or just interest and can I depreciate the route? If anyone knows of any other deductions please let me know..Thanks! Just thought of health care costs too??
getataxmangoober

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

nuffsaid
The Franchise

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

abc123 wrote:
Soon tax time...want to be sure I claim all deductions im allowed...was told I can claim...
my share of promo dollars..all truck expenses..interest on route loan..stale..35.00 a week charge by snyders...tax preparer's fee..home office expense..milage for my car for pullups..meetings, etc...truck depreciation. Question Im still unsure about...can i deduct all of truck payment or just interest and can I depreciate the route? If anyone knows of any other deductions please let me know..Thanks! Just thought of health care costs too??
First, let me say before I answer your questions that everyones tax situation is different so get a good accountant. You can depreciate the route over 15 years IF you choose to. You have to recapture the depreciation when you sell your route. Basically, you have to add the amount you depreciate back to the original cost basis. If you bought your route for $50,000, depreciated $20,000 and sold it for $100,000, you would pay taxes on $70,000, not $50,000. You can depreciate your truck over 5 years or do a 179 deduction if you qualify. Your accountant can help you depending on what type of truck you have. Your healthcare costs are deductible but it may not help you as much as you think depending on your tax sitauation. I hope this helps somewhat. Please get a good accountant. He/she is well worth the money.
Promos

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Use to own another route and they sent u a total amount bought from them @ the end of the year and they rowed the inventory every week and you could take promos off that amount but the way snyders does the pay system don't know that you can because they pay u after allowances ?
x - pepperidge farm dist

Spring Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Store audit threats by D.S.M. very low stale relief, depot pick up times, retail store stocking demands, geografical teritory , Stale charge back amounts,Mandated display even when product doesnt sell, Constant Harassment by management, Frequency of delivery service requirements by Pepperidge Farm. Your really are treated like a stutory emoloyee with out the benifits better think twice before investing thousands for a job working weekends holidays etc, for low commissions and little secruity that they may take it away from you without cause.
Lawyer Time

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

This I/O just found out that S/L has not been crediting us for shortages/OOD from the warehouse through the HH . In this area, we still receive our loads from a warehouse shippped by transport to a bin. Therefore if you are getting product shipped to a bin, you have to call the warehouse it's shipped from to recieve credit if you are short or have product delievered that is already OOD or short dated. S/L convienently never told any of the bin routes of the protocal for being credited for shortages. By the way, the other I/O's in my area thought they were getting credit also. The management I have talked to about this is rather flippant about this. However, this was no mere oversight or mistake.It is fraud and stealing and something needs to be done.
whadda joke

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Warehouse is buying ours back - I would NEVER take them if they were not guaranteed or I owuld dolike some others - one case per store and if they have a problem with not having enough they can call Snyders themselves. That's so unfortunate from a sales driven aspect it isn't even funny. Just imagine all the lost sales this year because of Snyders unwillingness to work with the IO's. Its going to catch up with us all in the resets to come in the future - ie Walmart.
Interested

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Boxhard, Is the route still for sale?
boxhard wrote:
you aint makin a full 17 % thats why i question your math. you say you be puttin 1700/wk in the bank after route payments and i highly doubt it, even if you are runnin 10g a week. it dont take an einstein to figure shared promos drive that margin to 14.5% and a c store line is not gonna fill the gap. if your happy and LOVE your route, great.
i dont need need a lecture about hard work from you nor about snyders being a fantasy land. i would run circles around you and your wife. not all distributors have the extra help and can run in teams. this outfit will screw you at every turn.
i have been asked repeatedly to come back or if i cold handle my mission route along with s-l. after the hard pretzel snyders gave me it would be a cold day in hell b4 i took 17% from these shady a holes. nothins changed around here except people are makin less, workin harder and goin bankrupt. i see new faces every 3 months and its not for the reasons you say. sure some are not cut out for this work but the majority have been lied to and scammed about the weekly sales and money to be made.enjoy those sunday pullups.
yeah i thought out of the box and left. much better off today and will be much better when i sell off part of my new route.
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

yes and thanks for looking.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/bfs/34192640...
Interested wrote:
Boxhard, Is the route still for sale?
<quoted text>
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

No price Boxhard. How can you advertise a route without a price?
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

What's the ratio?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

the listing has asking price in title. ratio would be about 5.5. lowest in this market by far. pep farm-bimbo goes 18-20 s-l 7-10.
Clocker wrote:
No price Boxhard. How can you advertise a route without a price?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

mission stays completely out of the sales price of routes. the value is what owner-buyer feels its worth. the price and ratio are set by seller. you could say its a multiplier of 5.5
Clocker wrote:
What's the ratio?
jimb

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

bjlo4life wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey guys/gals, I'm new to this forum and i have been reading all the comments and posts about Snyder Lance. I too have a rather large balance due (about $10,500) and I had to quit the job/route because I too was struggling with paying off the previous weeks order and fought tooth and nail to try and get a check every week, which turned into once every 6 weeks. This place sure is a joke, from the warehouse people al the way to the "previous owners" now being a bank that finances half of these routes to suckers like me i.e. MAW Associates. Now my biggest problem is I dont know what to do. I know I cant afford to pay these people the balance i owe, but the definately lied to me about what the route did a week. I was told it was a avg weekly of $7300 and I was lucky to avg $5200 a week. Please if anyone else has had this same problem as me, that had to quit and is now soon to be sued, please point me in the right direction to go. Bankruptcy ? I dont know, i havent spoke with a lawyer yet as they too r expensive. Im sure if i try to file bankruptcy. these leeches will still file and win the case for their $$. But honestly this route was def no doing, nor could it ever do $7300 a week. I have tons of paperwork filed here at home and it can b proof of what i did a week. I really whole heartitly pu my all into this business. And it was a failure. A long 2 yrs of being broke, past due bills coming in, horrible scars on my credit report now, all the while with very litte to no $$ coming in from the business. I barely made any actual checks from S-L and now they want $10,000 ? I can prove what cash/checks I received from the route and show it didnt do $7300 wk and then subtract the $10K they say I owe... theyre nuts. So please, someone, anyone, help me out and try to point me in the right direction. Thanks everyone in advance for ur help
Was your business incorporated if so walk away what will they sue a business that has nothing
jimb

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

was your business incorporated if so walk away let them sue your business that has a balance of zero.What can they get out of nothing..
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

jimb wrote:
was your business incorporated if so walk away let them sue your business that has a balance of zero.What can they get out of nothing..
If they get a judgment against you then you owe them the $ whether you have any assets or not. Bankruptcy is your only option but I don't think you can include a court judgment against you in the bk. If they file suit file for bk before the court date.
curious

Pompton Lakes, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

did anyone have a good experience buying a route from sneyders-lance?

Since: May 12

Angier, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

George- We are selling it but our 60 day notice was up Dec 15th. His last day was Dec 21st. The manager is running the route right now.
IO wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Selling it but may just walk away cause we just cant afford to keep on like this... The route was over valued when we purchased it (not knowing) Then find out it really only does about $2000 less a week than they valued. We gave our 60day notice like required in the contract but if we are going to end up owing anyways, no need to drag it out any longer...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,701 - 2,720 of5,086
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance