Comments
2,681 - 2,700 of 5,426 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 28
whadda joke

Carlisle, PA

#2811 Dec 18, 2012
Snyder's should be ashamed of themselves - no one should have been put in this position. As far as I know you can walk away from the route but I think you have to give notice. Take the contract to an attorney - it might be the best money you ever spent. You should be able to get a free consult. let a professional give you guidance, not one of us. I know I don't have a clue as to half of what's in that contract. Good luck - keep us all posted!!!
Clocker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2812 Dec 18, 2012
TALK TO A LAWYER. Almost all firms will give you an initial consultation free. You may need a bankruptcy lawyer or one who specializes in business contracts. Sometimes all it takes is 1 letter from a lawyer and things work out. Your comment about them suing you even if you declare bankruptcy tells me you definitely need help. They can't come after you if you file. Are you incorporated? If you are you may be able to file bk for your corporation and keep your personal credit out of it. But any way you shake it you better get a lawyer. If not you're toast. They count on running guys like you over that they know won't get professional help. They'll try to screw you every way possible until you lawyer up. I don't want to be rude, but smarten up. GET A LAWYER.
timothy

United States

#2813 Dec 21, 2012
boxhard wrote:
I can only speak of Louisville.
I have invested in a Mission Foods route and so far has been great. The attitude with Mission is fantastic. They are giving me a 90 day stale allowance. 22% comm. w/ 78/22 split. The route is large with huge potential to split. If I decide to hire someone Mission will pay me 36% and tier down to 25% within 6 months.
I will only hear from a DM if a customer calls in or he has sold me a display. Can anyone at S-L imagine that kind of attitude.
100% comm. on crossdock. Keep them comin!
This company is very I/O friendly and the other guys in my area will attest to that.
That being said, Pepp farms seems to be good. 25% comm. but the route gonna cost you 100g plus. 25% will offset that note for sure. They pay zero promos.
Little Debbie(no equity)@ 22% and 25% C- store line.
Flowers seem to be messed up here but others on this forum has stated they like it.
When looking into being an I/O there are several factors to consider:
-contract
-commision %
-product quality
-expenses
-split potential(there needs to be enough projected growth to do this.) not a must, just a big plus if you can split.
-overall attitude toward an I/O
Snyders Lance falls short in every category.
Hope this helps and good luck. If you thinking of being an I/O you better take care of your customers. They will make or break YOUR business.
<quoted text>
seriously? what crossdock do you get paid full commission on, surely not Walmart we get paid 8% here in St. Louis and we get paid 20% scewed avg on all Mission products and definitely dont get help when we hire somebody? I bet you are out of the South Region out of Georgia?

Since: Dec 12

New Castle, PA

#2816 Dec 21, 2012
Clocker wrote:
TALK TO A LAWYER. Almost all firms will give you an initial consultation free. You may need a bankruptcy lawyer or one who specializes in business contracts. Sometimes all it takes is 1 letter from a lawyer and things work out. Your comment about them suing you even if you declare bankruptcy tells me you definitely need help. They can't come after you if you file. Are you incorporated? If you are you may be able to file bk for your corporation and keep your personal credit out of it. But any way you shake it you better get a lawyer. If not you're toast. They count on running guys like you over that they know won't get professional help. They'll try to screw you every way possible until you lawyer up. I don't want to be rude, but smarten up. GET A LAWYER.
I am a LLC, not incorporated. Either way, ur right guys r right by saying I need a lawyer.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2817 Dec 23, 2012
timothy wrote:
<quoted text>seriously? what crossdock do you get paid full commission on, surely not Walmart we get paid 8% here in St. Louis and we get paid 20% scewed avg on all Mission products and definitely dont get help when we hire somebody? I bet you are out of the South Region out of Georgia?
I have a Snyders Lance route and a Mission route. By FAR.....Snyders Lance is better than Mission! I can't believe I'm saying this.....but, it's true! I've been doin Mission for 7 weeks....I've averaged $3500. in sales each week....and haven't gotten a check yet!! In 7 weeks, no check! no cash either! My first 5 weeks, in 1 WalMart alone....I've staled out almost 4 skids of cross dock chips that did there time in WalMarts steel in the backroom!
Just wanted to add a buyer beware about Mission too!

Location hidden

#2818 Dec 23, 2012
at the time i posted this we did get 22% comm. on crossdock. now we get 8%. i dont even look at these pallets in wal mart now. it seems all these companies screw their i/o's on crossdocks today.one wm agreed to send them back and i have had another stale out bags without me crediting them. they can use a dept#95 to do so. the other ones wont do it.

the tier down works as previously posted. one guy and his wife did it this year and say it worked fine. they made more money,grew their route and now together we have combined stops to create a new full time route that will avg 5500 weekly sales. been on the market for about 5 weeks. this area continues to grow in sales. i am out of louisville,ky.
timothy wrote:
<quoted text>seriously? what crossdock do you get paid full commission on, surely not Walmart we get paid 8% here in St. Louis and we get paid 20% scewed avg on all Mission products and definitely dont get help when we hire somebody? I bet you are out of the South Region out of Georgia?

Location hidden

#2819 Dec 23, 2012
thats jacked up. 7 weeks ! 4 skids ? i have to say s-l billing was much better. i knew to a tee what i was going to make each week. dealing with the office and open invoice payments is frustrating.

i hope mission is givin you a stale allowance the firt 90 days. it helps cause there are several items that just dont produce and never will. i stopped ordering some or cut back severely and changed alot of sets to include more facings of the main sellers. you been doing this work for a while so i prob aint sayin nothin you dont already know.

overall i like mission much better. we make 22% comm. around here and i avg, 19.8% comm. after promo shares. then comes their fees and my expenses. i have made a better livin than s-l this year. i hope it works out better for you.
Buckeye for life wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a Snyders Lance route and a Mission route. By FAR.....Snyders Lance is better than Mission! I can't believe I'm saying this.....but, it's true! I've been doin Mission for 7 weeks....I've averaged $3500. in sales each week....and haven't gotten a check yet!! In 7 weeks, no check! no cash either! My first 5 weeks, in 1 WalMart alone....I've staled out almost 4 skids of cross dock chips that did there time in WalMarts steel in the backroom!

Location hidden

#2820 Dec 23, 2012
you aint makin a full 17 % thats why i question your math. you say you be puttin 1700/wk in the bank after route payments and i highly doubt it, even if you are runnin 10g a week. it dont take an einstein to figure shared promos drive that margin to 14.5% and a c store line is not gonna fill the gap. if your happy and LOVE your route, great.

i dont need need a lecture about hard work from you nor about snyders being a fantasy land. i would run circles around you and your wife. not all distributors have the extra help and can run in teams. this outfit will screw you at every turn.

i have been asked repeatedly to come back or if i cold handle my mission route along with s-l. after the hard pretzel snyders gave me it would be a cold day in hell b4 i took 17% from these shady a holes. nothins changed around here except people are makin less, workin harder and goin bankrupt. i see new faces every 3 months and its not for the reasons you say. sure some are not cut out for this work but the majority have been lied to and scammed about the weekly sales and money to be made.enjoy those sunday pullups.

yeah i thought out of the box and left. much better off today and will be much better when i sell off part of my new route.
AMBMAK wrote:
<quoted text>WELL ALFRED EINSTOCK,,,, IF YOU DO 10,000@ WEEK AT 17% THAT WOULD BE $1700@WEEK NOW WOULDNT IT ? BUT SINCE IM DOING A LITTLE MORE THAN THAT AND SOME OF THAT IS AT 20% THEN WHAT WOULD THAT AVERAGE OUT TO ? NO MATTER WHAT YOU WORK AT REQUIRES EFFORT !!!! ESPECIALLY THIS BUISINESS. OUR WAREHOUSE HAS ITS ISSUES LIKE ALL OF THEM BUT EVERYTHING GETS RESOLVED DOWN THE ROAD AND IF IT DOESNT THEN DEEL WITH IT !!! YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE IN THE MORNING PRETTY SURE THAT ALOT OF THINGS ARE NOT GOING TO GO YOUR WAY, THATS LIFE WEATHER YOUR A SNACK VENDOR, A FIREMAN, OR A FARMER. I HONESTLY AM VERY HAPPY YOU ARE LAUGHINY YOUR A*% OFF BECAUSE SO AM I EVERY TIME I MAKE A DEPOSITE INTO MY CHECKING "AND" SAVINGS. I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE TO ANYONE ESPECIALLY YOU ABOUT OUR ROUTE EXCEPT WE LOVE IT !!!IT JUST PISSES YOU OFF BECAUSE SOMEONE IS SPEAKING OUTSIDE THE BOX AND NOT BASHING THE COMPANY OR COMPLAINING LIKE A LITTLE 6 YEAR OLD SCHOOL KID WHO JUST PISSED THEMSELVES. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, GET OUT OF IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE. TRY TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX FOR ONCE YOU MAY SUPRISE YOURSELF, BY THE WAY WAL-MART AND JC PENNYS IS HIRING CHRISTMAS HELP. I HOPE THIS HELPS WITH YOUR NEGATIVITY. THAT WILL BE $175.00 FOR THIS SESSION, TALK TO YOU NEXT WEEK..........
Clocker

Warwick, RI

#2822 Dec 23, 2012
"I am a LLC, not incorporated. Either way, ur right guys r right by saying I need a lawyer."

BJ, LLC means Limited Liability Corporation. You are incorporated, just a different type than the common S corp. I hope you have an accountant. If not you're missing out on tons of write offs that will save you big money at tax time. Please get an accountant too if you don't have one. The $ you'll save with the accountant will pay for the lawyer.
Bjlo4life

New Castle, PA

#2823 Dec 23, 2012
Buckeye for life wrote:
<quoted text>
Mission was always sold and distributed by another vendor here in SW Pa. Snyders of Berlin actually had these on their truck. But like you,they're we're a ton of stales. Not a hot product. Now I believe they actually have a mission sales/mech rep and route all by itself.
AMBMAK

Lenoir, NC

#2824 Dec 23, 2012
boxhard wrote:
you aint makin a full 17 % thats why i question your math. you say you be puttin 1700/wk in the bank after route payments and i highly doubt it, even if you are runnin 10g a week. it dont take an einstein to figure shared promos drive that margin to 14.5% and a c store line is not gonna fill the gap. if your happy and LOVE your route, great.
i dont need need a lecture about hard work from you nor about snyders being a fantasy land. i would run circles around you and your wife. not all distributors have the extra help and can run in teams. this outfit will screw you at every turn.
i have been asked repeatedly to come back or if i cold handle my mission route along with s-l. after the hard pretzel snyders gave me it would be a cold day in hell b4 i took 17% from these shady a holes. nothins changed around here except people are makin less, workin harder and goin bankrupt. i see new faces every 3 months and its not for the reasons you say. sure some are not cut out for this work but the majority have been lied to and scammed about the weekly sales and money to be made.enjoy those sunday pullups.
yeah i thought out of the box and left. much better off today and will be much better when i sell off part of my new route.
<quoted text>
OK HERE WE GO, WE DID $10,678.00 IN TOTAL SALES LAST WEEK THAT INCLUDES $1994.00 IN CASH. MY PROMO ALLOWANCE WAS $1798.00 , THATS $12,476.00. THATS ABOUT MY AVERAGE MAYBE SLIGHTLY HIGHER BUT NOT MUCH TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I OWED SNYDERS $103.00, THATS $1891.00 I MADE LAST WEEK AFTER MY RTE PAYMENT PLAIN AND SIMPLE.... THIS IS LANCE COUNTRY DOWN HERE !!! LANCE IS BASED IN CHARLOTTE WHICH IS LESS THAN AN HOUR AWAY. WE JUST PACKED OUT OUR 4X4'S AT BOTH WALMARTS TODAY (SUNDAY), AND BETWEEN BOTH OF THEM PUT UP 39 CASES OF CRACKERS !!! THERE MAYBE 5 OR 6 LEFT IN BACK STOCK OF EACH STORE, THATS NOT INCLUDING SNYDERS AND WISE. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE LANCE VOLUME IS UP THERE BUT ITS INSANE DOWN HERE BELIEVE ME. NOT HERE TO LECTURE ANYONE AT ALL BUT I KNOW WHAT I MAKE AND WHAT WE DO MAKE IS GOOD MONEY EVEN IF WE STILL LIVED IN N.J. AS FOR YOU RUNNING CIRCLES AROUND US, I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE YOU PROBABLY COULD, WE'RE BOTH IN OUR 50'S NOW AND WE'RE ALMOST DOUBLE THE AGE OF SOME OF THE IO'S. IN FACT WE'RE SERIOUSLY THINKING OF SELLING OFF A SECTION OF C-STORES WE HAVE THAT ARE KIND OF OUT OF THE WAY AND VERY TIME CONSUMING. WE COULD THEN CONCENTRATE MORE ON OUR 2 WALMARTS AND TARGETS. HOPE YOU DO WELL WITH MISSION.
time will tell

United States

#2825 Dec 23, 2012
AMBMAK wrote:
<quoted text> OK HERE WE GO, WE DID $10,678.00 IN TOTAL SALES LAST WEEK THAT INCLUDES $1994.00 IN CASH. MY PROMO ALLOWANCE WAS $1798.00 , THATS $12,476.00. THATS ABOUT MY AVERAGE MAYBE SLIGHTLY HIGHER BUT NOT MUCH TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I OWED SNYDERS $103.00, THATS $1891.00 I MADE LAST WEEK AFTER MY RTE PAYMENT PLAIN AND SIMPLE.... THIS IS LANCE COUNTRY DOWN HERE !!! LANCE IS BASED IN CHARLOTTE WHICH IS LESS THAN AN HOUR AWAY. WE JUST PACKED OUT OUR 4X4'S AT BOTH WALMARTS TODAY (SUNDAY), AND BETWEEN BOTH OF THEM PUT UP 39 CASES OF CRACKERS !!! THERE MAYBE 5 OR 6 LEFT IN BACK STOCK OF EACH STORE, THATS NOT INCLUDING SNYDERS AND WISE. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE LANCE VOLUME IS UP THERE BUT ITS INSANE DOWN HERE BELIEVE ME. NOT HERE TO LECTURE ANYONE AT ALL BUT I KNOW WHAT I MAKE AND WHAT WE DO MAKE IS GOOD MONEY EVEN IF WE STILL LIVED IN N.J. AS FOR YOU RUNNING CIRCLES AROUND US, I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE YOU PROBABLY COULD, WE'RE BOTH IN OUR 50'S NOW AND WE'RE ALMOST DOUBLE THE AGE OF SOME OF THE IO'S. IN FACT WE'RE SERIOUSLY THINKING OF SELLING OFF A SECTION OF C-STORES WE HAVE THAT ARE KIND OF OUT OF THE WAY AND VERY TIME CONSUMING. WE COULD THEN CONCENTRATE MORE ON OUR 2 WALMARTS AND TARGETS. HOPE YOU DO WELL WITH MISSION.
BS....12476 is 2120 at 17%. 1798 in promo fees is over 300. Your route note is over 250. Just those two numbers blow your 1800 check out of the water. What you did was over sell product you won't be charged for until next week thus over paying yourself by 500. You keep that up and you will end up owning SL thousands. BTW, you sell any part of your route in the first three years and BoA will charge u 3%. Then SL will charge you another 5%. There goes your equity because you haven't been on the route long enough. Your screwed just like the rest of us and too ignorant to realize it.
AMBMAK

Lenoir, NC

#2827 Dec 23, 2012
time will tell wrote:
<quoted text>BS....12476 is 2120 at 17%. 1798 in promo fees is over 300. Your route note is over 250. Just those two numbers blow your 1800 check out of the water. What you did was over sell product you won't be charged for until next week thus over paying yourself by 500. You keep that up and you will end up owning SL thousands. BTW, you sell any part of your route in the first three years and BoA will charge u 3%. Then SL will charge you another 5%. There goes your equity because you haven't been on the route long enough. Your screwed just like the rest of us and too ignorant to realize it.
ALSO DONT FORGET, YOUR PROMOTIONS ARE JUST A CREDIT ON YOUR INVOICE.
whadda joke

Chambersburg, PA

#2828 Dec 25, 2012
Agree with "time will tell". AMBMAK - you don't know your math - sorry. And if your doing Sunday pullups then you are just working way more than I want to. But one thing I do know - Snyders _ Lance loves people like you. Ones willing to give up their life completely for them. Sorry but people like you are far and few between. My family comes first, not WalMart.
AMBMAK

Lenoir, NC

#2829 Dec 25, 2012
whadda joke wrote:
Agree with "time will tell". AMBMAK - you don't know your math - sorry. And if your doing Sunday pullups then you are just working way more than I want to. But one thing I do know - Snyders _ Lance loves people like you. Ones willing to give up their life completely for them. Sorry but people like you are far and few between. My family comes first, not WalMart.
COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE, MY FAMILY COMES FIRST ALSO BUT, SINCE OUR KIDS ARE GROWN AND WE NOW HAVE GRAND KIDS I'D RATHER TAKE A LITTLE TIME OUT ON SUNDAY WHILE WE'RE SITTING AROUND NOT DOING A THING AND PACK OUT MY STORES. IT HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH WALMART BUT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH "US" BECAUSE IT MAKES OUR MONDAYS THAT MUCH EASIER. I KNOW ALOT OF VENDORS FROWN UPON IT BUT ITS THE WAY WE DO IT.I ALSO KNOW ALOT OF VENDORS WHO DO THE SAME AS US AND PACK OUT ON SUNDAY. IN FACT, SOMETIMES I MIGHT EVEN PULL AN ORDER IN MY TRUCK, SEPERATE IT IN THE BACK, THEN WHEN WE GET THERE FIRST THING AT 5AM WE JUST WALK RIGHT IN WITH OUR ORDER, CHECK IN, PUT UP, AND LEAVE. IT MAKES OUR MONDAYS THAT MUCH EASIER AND YES, WALMART LIKES IT ALSO. IF THEY SEE OUR 4X4 OF CRACKERS OR OUR SNYDERS AND WISE SHELVES BLOWN OUT THEY COULD VERY EASILY YANK OUR 4X4S OFF THE FLOOR AND THERE GOES A TON OF SALES, SO YES WALMART DOES LIKE IT AND THATS FINE WITH ME. THIS IS YOUR BUISINESS, ITS NOT PUNCH IN AT 8 AND LEAVE AT 4 GET AN HOUR LUNCH AND 12 PAID HOLLIDAYS. TALK TO SOMEONE WHO OWNS A DELI OR DINNER, OR A BAR... THIS BUISINESS IS A WALK IN THE PARK COMPARED TO THIERS. YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT ALOT OF HOURS AND THE INVESTMENT IS CRAZY WITH THOSE BUISINESES. THERE ARE PLENTY OF WORSE THINGS WE COULD BE DOING FOR LESS MONEY, A TON OF LESS MONEY !! AS FAR AS SNYDERS LOVING PEOPLE LIKE US , FANTASTIC !!! THEY SHOULD, WE WORK HARD, IM SURE YOU DO TO.
whadda joke

Chambersburg, PA

#2830 Dec 26, 2012
I do work hard but I realized a long time ago that my family always comes first and that means Sunday is for them. It is a day of rest at my house. I'm not knocking they way you do it but I am not a deli or restaurant.
AMBMAK

Lenoir, NC

#2831 Dec 26, 2012
whadda joke wrote:
I do work hard but I realized a long time ago that my family always comes first and that means Sunday is for them. It is a day of rest at my house. I'm not knocking they way you do it but I am not a deli or restaurant.
BY THE WAY, WE LOVE YOUR TOWN.. WE CUT THROUGH IT ON THE WAY UP TO NJ AND ON THE WAY HOME TO NC VIA THE PA TURNPIKE. REMINDS ME OF MAYBERRY, VERY QUAINT.
chip man

Acworth, GA

#2833 Dec 28, 2012
anyone else get lied to about snyders lance buying back archway holiday cookies after christmas. now they have decided not to? so we are stuck with them.
why

Virginia Beach, VA

#2834 Dec 28, 2012
chip man wrote:
anyone else get lied to about snyders lance buying back archway holiday cookies after christmas. now they have decided not to? so we are stuck with them.
same thing happened to us last year, so this year did not sell any
Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

United States

#2835 Dec 28, 2012
chip man wrote:
With only making 17 percent really ain't worth fooling with the x mas cookies and having to eat any left over ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 hr Mitt Robme 51,317
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 5 hr Tom Wolfe 163
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr Pa Voter 3,939
Snyder's Lance Sun Virtual_Flesh 3
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••