gft

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

yes it might start out at 17% then subtract the 17% of the promotion cost . that is not including stales, that also cost us .
whadda joke

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Turns out to be 17% of NET SALES!! We were misled as well as everyone else. But, hey, you will make it up with the HUGE price increase occurring on December 12th!!!
bootyman

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Hey long time since I posted here. I have to give props to SL when its due. Last week the Publix Booty BOGO was a huge bust. Many of us were hung with booty on trucks and in stores. The management at first said they would not buy any booty back, but our Zone manager stepped up and told us he would to help us out. That's how you create goodwill between IO's and SL. Now if we could get the rest of SL to learn from this example it would go a long way to help with moral and maybe get us back to a healthy working relationship between us again. Now if they would realize us IO's are the backbone of this company and start listening to what we need to grow this company instead of the stance of let's milk these IO's for every penny we can take.
Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Price increase is dec 3 .... They are trying to get that lil pack of lance crackers to 4 dollars .. Cracker creations 3.59 ? Pieces 3.69 ? I see they Trying to raise our stale numbers ...
lolololol

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

4 bucks for lance? they are just ensuring that noone will EVER buy it when its not on sale.
bootyman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

They are not going to have a $1 per pack incease. I heard 3.29. That's about all the market can handle without killing the brand.
Old School Lance Man

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

Glad I'm out..........
Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

I said they ate trying to get it to 4 dollars a pack ... 339 new price with wheat line and variety line higher
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Fishin Buddy wrote:
I'm done with you. You are just so foolish. How did he make 21 million last year? So he didn't take a salary, big deal he sure didn't need it. He lives off trust funds, capital gains. He is a scammer. He's sold American jobs down the river. You seem to ignore that. In Mass it is the law that the state budget be balanced. Every Mass gov has done it. Romney cut state funding by $1.6billion, including $700million to cities and towns. That caused property taxes to rise 24%. Right now in the state that knows him best, he's getting beat by over 20%. And don't go there about how liberal Mass is. 4 out of the last 6 governors have been Repubs and Reagan carried the state twice. His $5 trillion tax plan doesn't add up. It will increase the deficit. All he's doing is running for the top 5%. Screw the rest of us.
Apparently, we are supposed to be more angry about what Mitt Romney does with HIS money than what Obama does with OUR money! Sound familiar?

Since: May 12

Goldston, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

We are getting out!!! Anyone out there that has gotten out? How was the process and did you end up owing anything?
george

Brick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

r u walking away or selling it??
Honeywat

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Anybody trying to get out in northern Virginia? I am interested in taking on this business.
ML
Georgia Dogg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

I'm really getting sick of these so called partner brands screwing us over by going direct, so we don't make commission , we pay for partner brands!!!! First Wise, now popcorn Indiana is going through Kroger warehouse. WTF!
george

Brick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

hate to tell u all!! All dsd sku s will be warehouse soon!! What do u think scan base is !! What sells and then ship it to the store crossed dock!! then companys give discount off the cost for them shipping to store!!
Georgia Dogg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

I know what scan base is , makes me wonder since Snyder holds the contract with partners if there still getting a piece and screwing us.
gft

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

yes they are. the npartner brands pay 100 % of the promotional cost for their products but we are still charged 17% also.
CapeCodChipMan

Archer, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Seen the newest addition to the price increase? It is now 2 pages off the archaic Handheld we use.

Price increase is is 27 days....contractually, SoH has to give us 30 day notice. oops...

Also, a lot of the items that are going up in cost are still bell marked at the current price. So, who takes the loss....

In the last year, there have been changes that have done nothing but damage the Core of business. Why sell a route to a person if the Company does nothing but destroy the business?

Cross Docks are out of Hand. Here in Florida, Wal Mart Cross Docks 3 partner brands..by the pallet and the IO gets nothing. How are you the partner I paid for if you screw me?

Many professionals that have read the contract and have seen the business first hand have all agreed, that there is no way to succeed in this contract or this business the way it is operating, unless you have a significant number of independent stores. Even then, you are fighting against the ones that buy directly from S-L or Golden Flake and dont have the route payments or the other payments that the actual IO has.

And now accounting is back raising a stink about balances. Monday morning the messages come out of what the balances are. Pay or get on COD. WTF? I pay, then you wait to mail me a copy of my settlement report so I can fight it later? Phuck Off.

Oh, where is the damned Popcorn Indiana refund form the recall over a month ago? You are in the 35 day bucket S-L pay up or shut up about me being 2 days late......
CapeCodChipMan

Archer, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

truly annoyed wrote:
It was brought to my attention that this sale driven company doesnt pay us on the sales we do, but on the purchase we take out of the warehouse on a weekly basis. we lose all around, on promotions and all. we get hit from all angles. this is their NEW system.
The way things are set up is like this...

The Distribution Center is comparable to a route. They plan and buy acceding to forecasts and sales promotions. Then in turn, resell it to you at a 13& markup. Yes, every time you load, you are paying 13% directly to the DC to pay for the building, expenses and salaries for the DMs and Staff.

Try treating one of you major customers the way the DC treat the IOs. Credit due for close coded product? Ha! You bought it, it is yours...Try that in you local friendly Wal Mart.
Cape Cod

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

All these price increses and close dated product really drives sales.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 11 hr black panther 51,189
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 12 hr From Clarks summit 3,815
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... 12 hr Fitus T Bluster 2
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••