Snyder's of Hanover
Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

United States

#2735 Oct 21, 2012
I said they ate trying to get it to 4 dollars a pack ... 339 new price with wheat line and variety line higher
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2736 Oct 25, 2012
Fishin Buddy wrote:
I'm done with you. You are just so foolish. How did he make 21 million last year? So he didn't take a salary, big deal he sure didn't need it. He lives off trust funds, capital gains. He is a scammer. He's sold American jobs down the river. You seem to ignore that. In Mass it is the law that the state budget be balanced. Every Mass gov has done it. Romney cut state funding by $1.6billion, including $700million to cities and towns. That caused property taxes to rise 24%. Right now in the state that knows him best, he's getting beat by over 20%. And don't go there about how liberal Mass is. 4 out of the last 6 governors have been Repubs and Reagan carried the state twice. His $5 trillion tax plan doesn't add up. It will increase the deficit. All he's doing is running for the top 5%. Screw the rest of us.
Apparently, we are supposed to be more angry about what Mitt Romney does with HIS money than what Obama does with OUR money! Sound familiar?

Since: May 12

Wade, NC

#2737 Oct 28, 2012
We are getting out!!! Anyone out there that has gotten out? How was the process and did you end up owing anything?
george

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#2739 Oct 29, 2012
r u walking away or selling it??
Honeywat

Silver Spring, MD

#2740 Oct 29, 2012
Anybody trying to get out in northern Virginia? I am interested in taking on this business.
ML
Georgia Dogg

United States

#2741 Nov 4, 2012
I'm really getting sick of these so called partner brands screwing us over by going direct, so we don't make commission , we pay for partner brands!!!! First Wise, now popcorn Indiana is going through Kroger warehouse. WTF!
george

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#2742 Nov 4, 2012
hate to tell u all!! All dsd sku s will be warehouse soon!! What do u think scan base is !! What sells and then ship it to the store crossed dock!! then companys give discount off the cost for them shipping to store!!
Georgia Dogg

United States

#2743 Nov 5, 2012
I know what scan base is , makes me wonder since Snyder holds the contract with partners if there still getting a piece and screwing us.
gft

Virginia Beach, VA

#2744 Nov 5, 2012
yes they are. the npartner brands pay 100 % of the promotional cost for their products but we are still charged 17% also.
CapeCodChipMan

Gainesville, FL

#2745 Nov 5, 2012
Seen the newest addition to the price increase? It is now 2 pages off the archaic Handheld we use.

Price increase is is 27 days....contractually, SoH has to give us 30 day notice. oops...

Also, a lot of the items that are going up in cost are still bell marked at the current price. So, who takes the loss....

In the last year, there have been changes that have done nothing but damage the Core of business. Why sell a route to a person if the Company does nothing but destroy the business?

Cross Docks are out of Hand. Here in Florida, Wal Mart Cross Docks 3 partner brands..by the pallet and the IO gets nothing. How are you the partner I paid for if you screw me?

Many professionals that have read the contract and have seen the business first hand have all agreed, that there is no way to succeed in this contract or this business the way it is operating, unless you have a significant number of independent stores. Even then, you are fighting against the ones that buy directly from S-L or Golden Flake and dont have the route payments or the other payments that the actual IO has.

And now accounting is back raising a stink about balances. Monday morning the messages come out of what the balances are. Pay or get on COD. WTF? I pay, then you wait to mail me a copy of my settlement report so I can fight it later? Phuck Off.

Oh, where is the damned Popcorn Indiana refund form the recall over a month ago? You are in the 35 day bucket S-L pay up or shut up about me being 2 days late......
CapeCodChipMan

Gainesville, FL

#2746 Nov 5, 2012
truly annoyed wrote:
It was brought to my attention that this sale driven company doesnt pay us on the sales we do, but on the purchase we take out of the warehouse on a weekly basis. we lose all around, on promotions and all. we get hit from all angles. this is their NEW system.
The way things are set up is like this...

The Distribution Center is comparable to a route. They plan and buy acceding to forecasts and sales promotions. Then in turn, resell it to you at a 13& markup. Yes, every time you load, you are paying 13% directly to the DC to pay for the building, expenses and salaries for the DMs and Staff.

Try treating one of you major customers the way the DC treat the IOs. Credit due for close coded product? Ha! You bought it, it is yours...Try that in you local friendly Wal Mart.
Cape Cod

Spring Lake, NC

#2747 Nov 5, 2012
All these price increses and close dated product really drives sales.
Cape Cod

Spring Lake, NC

#2748 Nov 5, 2012
This so called company snyders lance has costed me about 4000 dollars in sales a week due to price increases & close dated product. When it was lance you did not have to worry about chips with a month shelf life
jkb

Asheboro, NC

#2749 Nov 7, 2012
I think it is all a big ass joke i recently just sold my route ad they now are saying i owe a ton of money well got news they wont get it. they never explained anything before the routes were sold and made it sound like you were goin to make good money all I did was stress and stress about them on my back about payments sure you got big check once a month from them but I would go 4-6 weeks without a check. The way its working is a complete joke i would like to speak to someone that has recently sold their routes with a balance due
jkb

Asheboro, NC

#2750 Nov 7, 2012
Snyders sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we need to get put all of our evidence together I have contacted an attorney that is a experienced distributorship attorney. I am sending them my contract and all of my info. If they agree to take the case I want as many IO's as I get get to join. This case for fraud, loss of wages, losses, etc. could be put in front of a jury. And who do you think will win. I also have some secret people that will help us out...ex-snyders management!!!! I have been working on this for a long time and really need the IO's to help me out and join. The more the better
Even though u posted in August just wondering if you are still lawsuiting against them?.... If so I want to know what I can do I recently sold my route and now i owe a ton of money of so they say
Smokehouse

United States

#2751 Nov 15, 2012
We are about to walk away from our business due to all the load shortages and short dated product that we are getting from the warehouse. We have not been able to get credit yet. The warehouse is shorting our loads every week at least $1,000 and sending us stuff that we didn't order. Phone calls and emails to the DM, warehouse, accounting and nothing is working. Been in this business for over 20 years and have never had this kind of problem. This is our only source of income and it is just paying the load bill every week. What are we doing wrong?
Top Management

Bolingbrook, IL

#2752 Nov 16, 2012
Snyders of Hanover is set to buy Hostess assets. YES!
AMBMAK

Black Mountain, NC

#2753 Nov 16, 2012
I'VE BEEN WITH SNYDERS IN HICKORY N.C. 4YRS NOW. I LEFT IN AUGUST 2011 FOR 7 MONTHS WHEN THEY WERE MAKING US EQUITABLE IO'S, BIG MISTAKE, THE JOB I TOOK WAS A MISERY. I PURCHASED A RTE THAT HAD 5 OR 6 STOPS THAT I SERVICED BEFORE I LEFT SO I KNEW THE PEOPLE WHICH WAS GREAT. I PURCHASED THE RTE AT A WEEKLY SALES RATE OF $8200.00, I HAVE TO SAY, I HAVE NEVER DONE $8200.00 IN FACT, I'VE NEVER DONE LESS THAN $8600.00 !!! MY WIFE WORKS WITH ME SHE DOES MOST OF THE LANCE CRACKERS, I DO THE SNYDERS WISE END OF IT AND DO ALL THE ORDERING AND INVENTORY. I AM VERY HAPPY TO SAY WE WILL PROBABLY GROSS AROUND $87,000-$90,000 THIS YEAR...THATS AFTER THE RTE PAYMENT WHICH IS VERY EXPENSIVE. I'VE BEEN IN THE SALTY SNACK BUISINESS FOR 17 YEARS AND I COULD NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE HAPPIER !!! IF YOU USE SOME COMMON SENSE AND MANAGE YOUR INVENTORY YOU CAN MAKE A VERY GOOD LIVING. WE ARE VERY LUCKY ALSO TO HAVE 3 DM'S WHO ARE THERE FOR NO OTHER REASON BUT TO HELP YOU. I LOVE THIS BUISINESS AND I LOVE MY RTE AND COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH SNYDERS-LANCE.
snackguy

Indian Trail, NC

#2754 Nov 16, 2012
AMBMAK wrote:
I'VE BEEN WITH SNYDERS IN HICKORY N.C. 4YRS NOW. I LEFT IN AUGUST 2011 FOR 7 MONTHS WHEN THEY WERE MAKING US EQUITABLE IO'S, BIG MISTAKE, THE JOB I TOOK WAS A MISERY. I PURCHASED A RTE THAT HAD 5 OR 6 STOPS THAT I SERVICED BEFORE I LEFT SO I KNEW THE PEOPLE WHICH WAS GREAT. I PURCHASED THE RTE AT A WEEKLY SALES RATE OF $8200.00, I HAVE TO SAY, I HAVE NEVER DONE $8200.00 IN FACT, I'VE NEVER DONE LESS THAN $8600.00 !!! MY WIFE WORKS WITH ME SHE DOES MOST OF THE LANCE CRACKERS, I DO THE SNYDERS WISE END OF IT AND DO ALL THE ORDERING AND INVENTORY. I AM VERY HAPPY TO SAY WE WILL PROBABLY GROSS AROUND $87,000-$90,000 THIS YEAR...THATS AFTER THE RTE PAYMENT WHICH IS VERY EXPENSIVE. I'VE BEEN IN THE SALTY SNACK BUISINESS FOR 17 YEARS AND I COULD NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE HAPPIER !!! IF YOU USE SOME COMMON SENSE AND MANAGE YOUR INVENTORY YOU CAN MAKE A VERY GOOD LIVING. WE ARE VERY LUCKY ALSO TO HAVE 3 DM'S WHO ARE THERE FOR NO OTHER REASON BUT TO HELP YOU. I LOVE THIS BUISINESS AND I LOVE MY RTE AND COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH SNYDERS-LANCE.
R u ok i just sold my route after over 15 years we took a 7% pay cut and i was working almost twice as much before the merger iwas averaging $11000 and it was not worth the aggravation or the time
Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

Tucker, GA

#2755 Nov 17, 2012
AMBMAK wrote:
. Hit that cap button buddy !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Sam's Club Still Planned for Gateway? (Nov '13) Nov 22 Amanda 2
News Power outage hits rush hour (May '10) Nov 20 David Dell 16
News Ex-security guard charged in thefts at Hanover ... (May '11) Oct '16 Private 6
News Police: Littlestown woman bites child as discip... Oct '16 privone2001 3
Ummmm......yeah Oct '16 waitwhatwhowhenho... 1
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul '16 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul '16 Jan 22

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages