#2650 Sep 5, 2012
Bordeaux11611 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mooo!
how come u didn't annouce sl buying snack factory and were is your big info
let me out

Tampa, FL

#2651 Sep 5, 2012
What is the deal with article 15 or more important the 60 day notice.has anyone tried it.
Jimmy Jo

Ethel, MS

#2652 Sep 5, 2012
Buy-outs and mergers will be the only way this company ever shows growth. U would think it would be top priority to get coast routes products ASAP after the hurricane. Nope they are 2 days late and counting. Walmarts have been empty for days and haven't worked most grocery stores in couple weeks. Mickey mouse all the way!!!
justapretzelguy

Burlington, NJ

#2653 Sep 5, 2012
what is article 15?
Let me out

Roanoke, VA

#2654 Sep 6, 2012
justapretzelguy wrote:
what is article 15?
In the contract.
Chip Dude

Mesquite, NV

#2655 Sep 7, 2012
Guys, can someone tell me why we don't deliver to the Meijer stores in the midwest? They always look busy and the company sends them stuff directly without the I/O involed
Bon Jovi

Mesquite, NV

#2656 Sep 7, 2012
What's the deal with Lance crackers at Walmarts? I thought I saw a post here that said I/O 's actually lose money on them. Is that true? Are you saying it's better to NOT fill the lance crackers?? Can someone confirm this as truth or silly talk?
Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

Nashville, TN

#2657 Sep 7, 2012
Bon Jovi wrote:
What's the deal with Lance crackers at Walmarts? I thought I saw a post here that said I/O 's actually lose money on them. Is that true? Are you saying it's better to NOT fill the lance crackers?? Can someone confirm this as truth or silly talk?
u don't lose money on the crackers but you give so much allowance u make like 13 percent ....
CapeCodChipMan

Williston, FL

#2658 Sep 7, 2012
Chip Dude wrote:
Guys, can someone tell me why we don't deliver to the Meijer stores in the midwest? They always look busy and the company sends them stuff directly without the I/O involed
They are called "Cross Docks"

Wal Mart is great for this. Cape Cod Super Size by the pallet, Lance Crackers for Action Alley, and our wonderful "Partner Brands" like Kettle Food, Roberts America and Popcorn Indiana. Now Wise and Golden Flake have started doing this with the Dollar Store channel as well.

But don't forget, SOH still sells directly to Grocery Suppliers as well. That is why you will find things in the local C-store that the local IO's don't carry.
Canthandle

Duncan, SC

#2659 Sep 8, 2012
If any of u on this forum are like the io's I've been dealing with, then no wonder you can't make money. I run a grocery store currently and we've been thru 3 io's, none of which could service the store. Going 2-3 weeks in between service, never had a clue about promotions, they just didnt want to do the work to sell some product just wanted to sleep in and hit some cash accounts. So no wonder you can't make it, if this is how you operate. I am going to purchase one of these routes while it's value is down and make a run at it, but then again I'm not afraid to get up early and get to pushing some numbers.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2660 Sep 8, 2012
does it hurt when you talk out your azz ?

you go run a snydrs lance route and be the fouth i/o your area has seen.

do not get involved with this operation. you will wish you were back running the store, buying product with the stores money and not your own.

there is a reason so many routes are still up for sale and its not for the reasons you have assumed.
Canthandle wrote:
If any of u on this forum are like the io's I've been dealing with, then no wonder you can't make money. I run a grocery store currently and we've been thru 3 io's, none of which could service the store. Going 2-3 weeks in between service, never had a clue about promotions, they just didnt want to do the work to sell some product just wanted to sleep in and hit some cash accounts. So no wonder you can't make it, if this is how you operate. I am going to purchase one of these routes while it's value is down and make a run at it, but then again I'm not afraid to get up early and get to pushing some numbers.
Canthandle

Duncan, SC

#2661 Sep 8, 2012
boxhard wrote:
does it hurt when you talk out your azz ?
you go run a snydrs lance route and be the fouth i/o your area has seen.
do not get involved with this operation. you will wish you were back running the store, buying product with the stores money and not your own.
there is a reason so many routes are still up for sale and its not for the reasons you have assumed.
<quoted text>
Well let me give a few more details. The company i work for not only cut back salaried mgmt pay by an average of 5k a year and restructured the bonus plan so that we aren't getting much if any. On top of that the labor has been scaled back to nothing so that we are living in the store 65-75 hrs a week , 6-7 days, many late nights , 3rd shift basically whatever it takes to make it run. At a base salary of $1011 a week (gross), buying a route seems like alot more than whats being dumped on me now. Even if I only made the same amount, the lower stress levels and potentially shorter work week seems like a better plan than what I have going now .
Anonymous

Dover, PA

#2662 Sep 8, 2012
Canthandle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let me give a few more details. The company i work for not only cut back salaried mgmt pay by an average of 5k a year and restructured the bonus plan so that we aren't getting much if any. On top of that the labor has been scaled back to nothing so that we are living in the store 65-75 hrs a week , 6-7 days, many late nights , 3rd shift basically whatever it takes to make it run. At a base salary of $1011 a week (gross), buying a route seems like alot more than whats being dumped on me now. Even if I only made the same amount, the lower stress levels and potentially shorter work week seems like a better plan than what I have going now .
Then what are you bitching about pretender? You made a lot of sense, thanks for being so transparent! Do you advise Obama when you aren't trying to convince people to give S-L their money?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2663 Sep 9, 2012
good luck to you sir.
Canthandle wrote:
<quoted text>
long time lance man

Fleetwood, PA

#2665 Sep 9, 2012
I worked for Lance for 24 years Snyders did not offer me a route.They told me they had too many guys and not enough routes so they let me go.There was a route available very close to my home. I asked them about taking it. They did not even want to talk to me. I found out they gave the route to a brand new person.What a bunch of LIARS snyders management is. I was treated well by Lance management. My managers were great. I have been out of work for 6 months.I did not realize it at the time but they did me a favor by NOT hiring me. Thanks snyders for not hiring me.I see how poorly the snyders company is run compared to how well the Lance company was run. I will be working again soon. I am buying a Mission route. They pay 22% commision. Not 17% like S/L offers. I can live on 22%. I will be in a far better place then working for S/L.
Snackman

Shippensburg, PA

#2666 Sep 9, 2012
long time lance man wrote:
I worked for Lance for 24 years Snyders did not offer me a route.They told me they had too many guys and not enough routes so they let me go.There was a route available very close to my home. I asked them about taking it. They did not even want to talk to me. I found out they gave the route to a brand new person.What a bunch of LIARS snyders management is. I was treated well by Lance management. My managers were great. I have been out of work for 6 months.I did not realize it at the time but they did me a favor by NOT hiring me. Thanks snyders for not hiring me.I see how poorly the snyders company is run compared to how well the Lance company was run. I will be working again soon. I am buying a Mission route. They pay 22% commision. Not 17% like S/L offers. I can live on 22%. I will be in a far better place then working for S/L.
amen brother! this company sucks ! They tell you one thing and do another.17% net is what they pay, lowest in the industry, as long as they get their money they dont care about the io, if they did they would give us a better %, but then Warehime would notn make enough money to buy more land for his family and friends, 620,000 price ,he is making his money off the io but we can barely survive,, thanks alot snyders im out of here!!!!!!!!!!
Upper Management

Bolingbrook, IL

#2667 Sep 9, 2012
haha you guys are so lazy. You want millions of dollars for stocking chips. hahah what a bunch of tards!
Helpful

Cedar Park, TX

#2668 Sep 10, 2012
let me out wrote:
What is the deal with article 15 or more important the 60 day notice.has anyone tried it.
Good luck using that clause. The entire 23-page contract is a joke. They only use it when it benefits S/L. If you try to use it or refer to it, they laugh and ignore you.... Try it!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2669 Sep 10, 2012
Snackman wrote:
<quoted text> amen brother! this company sucks ! They tell you one thing and do another.17% net is what they pay, lowest in the industry, as long as they get their money they dont care about the io, if they did they would give us a better %, but then Warehime would notn make enough money to buy more land for his family and friends, 620,000 price ,he is making his money off the io but we can barely survive,, thanks alot snyders im out of here!!!!!!!!!!
They did the same thing here in Florida. They didn't offer routes to experienced IO's and then sold them to young guys with no experience. People like merchandisers for Pepsi, Coke, Bud and Miller. They get these young guys who know nothing about the business and talk them into plowing huge amounts of product into low volume Winn Dixies and Sweetbays. It makes the DM look good and the poor kid gets hammered with stales. The guy behind it is the new Sweetbay FL Rep. He's a despicable snake in the grass that is using these kids to further his career. An unbelievable piece of shit. Bottom line is Snyder-Lance routes are falling apart. Service to the best accounts, like Publix are hurting. It will come back to bite them in the ass. S-L stock is down 12%.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2670 Sep 10, 2012
I meant that last post to respond to Long Time Lance Man. Good luck LTLM. Mission makes a great product.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shed foundation question Apr 19 Gettysburg Gay Bars 4
Ummmm......yeah (Oct '16) Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages