Getting screwed

Tunkhannock, PA

#2582 Aug 11, 2012
HomoPieces wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I don't agree with the way the bins work but you knew about it when you bought your route. Why are you not getting a check? If you are keeping inventory then of course you won't get a check. You have to empty your truck by the end of the day or the end of the week depending on how your deferment is setup. It's that simple.
Easier said than done. We are on 7 day terms. We get one load a week which comes on Thursday. If I emptied my truck on Friday want will I sell Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the following week?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2583 Aug 11, 2012
Why are you all arguing with a company puppet ? Homo is your typical person who has never done it but knows more of how you should do it. LMAO ! Send him back some stale pretzels to throw away.

and for anyone who is still thinking of investing in S-L, dont.
Joe B

Scranton, PA

#2584 Aug 11, 2012
Guys, do you get alot of displays at Walmarts when you ask for them? What product do you usually try to get displays for? I need to push more at my Walmarts because some of my other stores really turned south in the past couple months. Supervalu especially! Any tips or suggestions would be very helpful. I'm pretty new to this
Getting screwed

Philadelphia, PA

#2585 Aug 11, 2012
Joe B wrote:
Guys, do you get alot of displays at Walmarts when you ask for them? What product do you usually try to get displays for? I need to push more at my Walmarts because some of my other stores really turned south in the past couple months. Supervalu especially! Any tips or suggestions would be very helpful. I'm pretty new to this
My friend, wal-mart is a great stop for everyone. I do great in wal-mart. That is not the store you want to push hard for with displays. We lose .19 percent off of promos. Push in another store where they bill back Snyders and make those assholes cover it.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2586 Aug 12, 2012
I O broke basterd Nj wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck with the 3 day terms and bin, worst thing ever!!!
It is what u make of it. Why u say good luck? Do u see a better way? I do agree that the old system of deferment was better but 3 days is a lot better then 7 days. When on 7 days I wouldn't get a check but every 2-3 weeks which sucks. I like my weekly checks cause I'm able to run my business better when I got a steady income

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2587 Aug 12, 2012
Getting screwed wrote:
S-l is a joke! I have owned my route for 3 years. When I started they baught our product back at the end of the week. Life was good... I was making around 10 grand a month. Now I'm on seven day terms..... This system is bullshit. I just ran 10,000 in sales last week and got a check for $800. Im sick of hearing" oh, well owning a route isn't for everyone" I run great numbers and get shit on weekly when it comes to pay. Something has to change!!!
I do agree life was better when on deferment and before all the merging. Commission rate was a lil higher and didnt have to worry about how much product we bought. Im out of Dallas,tx and we didn't own our routes before the merge with lance. We were IO but no buying routes til now that we are S-L. As far as the new system I use to be on 7 day terms. Now im on 3 day terms now and get billed for everything i buy by the end of the week on saturday. I have a bin load and the way I do it makes it to where I get a weekly check. Might not work for u cause yalls weekly volume is higher then us guys in Dallas but here's how I do it. There are 3 guys located at our bin location so I have it to where I can get a bin load on Monday or go to the warehouse to pick up a load. Go out on Monday and write orders for my stores, go to warehouse and get much needed product or display changes and that's what I pick up on Monday and sell it all on tuesday. Then I submit my bin order monday night for all the stuff i need later in the week and that's what I recieve on Wednesday and sell it all by Saturday. I make it a point to not order it unless I know I'm gonna sell it all. So that makes it towhere I get a weekly check and not one every 2-4 weeks. Example: I buy a total of 5500 sell it all by Saturday for a retail total of 6500 and the difference is my check. I know there is promotions and route payment that comes out, that's why I said example. That all ranges with each IO. Also since I'm on 3 day terms anything I buy after Wednesday won't be charged to me til the next week and since I have my Fridays towhere I get off early I could always buy on Friday if needed and it won't effect my check. Hardly ever do that but set my schedule up that way for the just in case moments. Those usually come during peak season which is right around the corner( back to school, football season, and holiday items we sell)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2588 Aug 12, 2012
Getting screwed wrote:
<quoted text>
Easier said than done. We are on 7 day terms. We get one load a week which comes on Thursday. If I emptied my truck on Friday want will I sell Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the following week?
I just sall this and noticed u said u don't get a bin load til Thursday. I replied to ur other post that stated u like it the old way and use to make a lot more money. I can see how it would be hard to run a route when getting a load on Thursday and can see how it effects ur check week to week being on 7 day terms. If there are any other bin route guys near u see if there's a option for another delivery day like my location. 3 guys at my location and we all have the option for Monday and Wednesday delivery which we all take advantage of. In ur case it doesn't seem to be that simple. Only thing I can say with what I have read is trying to sell all ur stuff by Saturday and back stock the stuff u deliver on monday-wednesday if u can. But that would be hard to do and I don't know how many accounts u got so that's just a blind suggestion. Or only roll over a set amount into the next week every week so that amount will be the same and u check will be consistent. There are ways to beat the system. Just gotta think about it. I don't know all the details of ur schedule or I would have better suggestions. I know my details and got a schedule that works great for me and changed my terms to fit my schedule. FYI Don't let them tell u that u can't change ur terms cause u can
Getting screwed

Tunkhannock, PA

#2589 Aug 12, 2012
Bbqbob01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just sall this and noticed u said u don't get a bin load til Thursday. I replied to ur other post that stated u like it the old way and use to make a lot more money. I can see how it would be hard to run a route when getting a load on Thursday and can see how it effects ur check week to week being on 7 day terms. If there are any other bin route guys near u see if there's a option for another delivery day like my location. 3 guys at my location and we all have the option for Monday and Wednesday delivery which we all take advantage of. In ur case it doesn't seem to be that simple. Only thing I can say with what I have read is trying to sell all ur stuff by Saturday and back stock the stuff u deliver on monday-wednesday if u can. But that would be hard to do and I don't know how many accounts u got so that's just a blind suggestion. Or only roll over a set amount into the next week every week so that amount will be the same and u check will be consistent. There are ways to beat the system. Just gotta think about it. I don't know all the details of ur schedule or I would have better suggestions. I know my details and got a schedule that works great for me and changed my terms to fit my schedule. FYI Don't let them tell u that u can't change ur terms cause u can
If I changed my terms to 3 day that wouldn't make a difference because I only get 1 load a week. I'm I right? It is very confusing and it really isn't a fair system. I just don't see how they can do this to us. We are the ones out there busting our asses and getting shit on. I only order 4,000 in product this week just to try and get my total I owe the company down! How I'm I suppose to grow my route when I'm afraid to order product?this is the only company I know that makes you pay for your product. If I sell 10,000 this week I should get a check for 1,900. To bad i won't tho!
Snyders Upper Management

Bolingbrook, IL

#2590 Aug 12, 2012
Getting screwed, if you worked harder, you would get a check. Stop complaining! Work work work!
defer this

Lake Worth, FL

#2591 Aug 12, 2012
Getting screwed wrote:
<quoted text>
If I changed my terms to 3 day that wouldn't make a difference because I only get 1 load a week. I'm I right? It is very confusing and it really isn't a fair system. I just don't see how they can do this to us. We are the ones out there busting our asses and getting shit on. I only order 4,000 in product this week just to try and get my total I owe the company down! How I'm I suppose to grow my route when I'm afraid to order product?this is the only company I know that makes you pay for your product. If I sell 10,000 this week I should get a check for 1,900. To bad i won't tho!
I am on 3 day terms on a mass/c store route. This is how I operate to ensure I get a check just about every week. I shouldn't have to go thru the all the extra work, but because this is the purchasing/inventory system that S/L uses, this is what I must do. After much trial and error this is the system that works for me.
First, I make sure that the inventory in my handheld is accurate. When this is accurate, I can print the Route Summery Report that tells me the dollar amount of on hand inventory and the promotion credits for the day.(The inventory dollar amount represents the io purchase cost of the merchandise not the retail cost.)
I work Monday thru Friday. After loading Thrus afternoon and once I get home, I run the end of day. Then I subtract the amount of what I loaded that afternoon from the dollar amount of my ending inventory. The difference is the amount of product that I can sell on Friday without overselling.(Selling more that I purchased that week) I also take into account the dollar amount I need to cover my loads for the current week to come up with a minimum amount needed to break even.
Example:
(Sales week runs Monday thru Sat
Load week runs Thurs thru Wed)
Loads for the week, including deferred purchases from last week:$6450
Sales and my portion of the promotion credits thru Thurs:
$5325
On hand inventory amount at end of day Thurs after loading:
$4200
Load purchased this Thursday but will defer to the next week:
$1850
Now using these numbers I come up with a minimum and max amount that I can sell on Friday.
Minimum:
Loads - Sales and my portion of promotion credits for the week (6450-5325= 1125) this represents the amount I need to sell to cover my loads.
Maximum:
Current inventory - current load from earlier in the day (4200-1850= 2350)
When I go out on Friday, my minimum sales amount to cover my loads is $1125. After I reach this amount, whatever else I sell will be my check. The most I can sell without overselling is $2350. I keep a running tab of my invoices for the day, and I plan how much to sell at each stop accordingly. If I reach the max amount, I am done selling for the day. If I oversell, it will make me start the next week with less inventory on hand than what I owe. I do not like to start the week in the hole. It does not matter if I sell the product that I purchased earlier in the week or the current product just purchased as long as I keep within these dollar amounts.
As for how much I load each week, I have a good idea of what my weekly average is. I put a cap on my loads to ensure that I can sell that amount. If my sales average is 8000, I only buy approx 6720.(8000 less 16%) I also run with a par level of items on the truck to ensure I have several cases of the more popular items always on hand. With the deferment system, I never have to run my truck down to empty and can carry over inventory from week to week. My customers know that if they need extra product for a display, or a special event that I need to know by Tuesday for anything that week. Otherwise I will deliver it the next week.
Sorry for the long post and hopefully this is helpful to some of you

Since: Apr 12

Oklahoma City, OK

#2592 Aug 12, 2012
hey "defer this"... good info on how you run the route. We get our loads here on Tuesday and don't have to pay for it until Friday (or Saturday) of the next week. It is really messed up and I'm always playing "leap frog" with the load. I do order for promos 2 weeks out so I can sell them the week I pay for them. It's such a cluster F--K.

Since: Apr 12

Oklahoma City, OK

#2593 Aug 12, 2012
I mean ...don't have to pay for it until NEXT friday.
HomoPieces

Westbury, NY

#2594 Aug 13, 2012
boxhard wrote:
Why are you all arguing with a company puppet ? Homo is your typical person who has never done it but knows more of how you should do it. LMAO ! Send him back some stale pretzels to throw away.
and for anyone who is still thinking of investing in S-L, dont.
Bunch of keyboard cowboys on here
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#2595 Aug 14, 2012
Your ability to manage inventory determines how much and when you will be paid. Order as much as you can and sell it as fast as you can.
Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

United States

#2596 Aug 14, 2012
cookieman wrote:
Your ability to manage inventory determines how much and when you will be paid. Order as much as you can and sell it as fast as you can.
that's right cookie man it's not rocket science if you oversell 1,000 the week before then u start the next week 1000 in the hole ....
Free to lay snacks

Gardners, PA

#2597 Aug 14, 2012
You all are a bunch of drama queens, men included. You all are as bad as a bunch of old ladies in a bingo hall.
Getting screwed

Philadelphia, PA

#2598 Aug 15, 2012
Free to lay snacks wrote:
You all are a bunch of drama queens, men included. You all are as bad as a bunch of old ladies in a bingo hall.
I bet we have another guy here that thinks he knows all about what's going on, but has never done it.
abunchofpussys

United States

#2599 Aug 16, 2012
You guys are like a bunch of squaking broads! If you don't do anything about your situation, stop squaking!!! Who give a shit about all your problems. Sell your stupid routes and get out. Some other sucker will buy it and take orders from the stupid dm that is only qualified to take you order at Burger King.
no more frito

Terry, MS

#2601 Aug 17, 2012
Bordeaux11611 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a LOT of information that I could share! I sent Halunen Associates, who are looking into filing a class action lawsuit against Snyder'-Lance, a 20 page(?) fax on Thursday, showing them just some of the information I personally witnessed. I don't know if they will get back to me but if they don't, I will find somebody who will!
I was wondering if you can get me some of that info....need it for a case against sl
Snyders sucks
#2602 Aug 17, 2012
no more frito wrote:
<quoted text> I was wondering if you can get me some of that info....need it for a case against sl
I think we need to get put all of our evidence together I have contacted an attorney that is a experienced distributorship attorney. I am sending them my contract and all of my info. If they agree to take the case I want as many IO's as I get get to join. This case for fraud, loss of wages, losses, etc. could be put in front of a jury. And who do you think will win. I also have some secret people that will help us out...ex-snyders management!!!! I have been working on this for a long time and really need the IO's to help me out and join. The more the better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Mellisa 51,471
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Fast Eddie 3,992
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon Jeremy 183
Hanover Police Force Mon Jeremy 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8
Snyder's Lance Sep 3 Old School Lance Man 4
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug '14 Joe Biden 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••