Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

United States

#2502 Jul 17, 2012
Snyders lance hires all new dm's from a agency called douche bag temps .... 98 percent can't change a lightbulb
Helpful

Wimberley, TX

#2503 Jul 18, 2012
Snack Pack wrote:
What happens with the loan if you walk with cause? Does anybody know anyone who has went through this?
They will file for "route abandonment", sell your route for you and sue you for the difference in LOST value.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2504 Jul 18, 2012
pat wrote:
I heard that snyder's was buying utz, anyone know anything about that?
They need to buy some kind of company. A IO from Dallas has been told snyders tried to buy utzs but it fell threw due to utzs not wanting to provide all the proper documents and sales numbers and all the other stuff that goes into a process of a buy out. Hopefully snyders will do something soon cause the Dallas IOs are hurting in sales, me being one of them

Location hidden

#2505 Jul 18, 2012
Cincinnati Distributor wrote:
<quoted text>
Becomeing a independent op. isn't all that it's cracked up to be.
They want you to pay to do your job. They tell you this is a great opportunity for you. Snyder's is the only one that benifits from it. If you have a distributor aggreement, you need to get it to an attorney and have him break it down for you. I think you will be quite suprised. Snyder's is the only one making moneyon this deal. Based on the way the commission is figured out. Get back to me on when you break down the aggreement.
I agree. This coming from a Dallas independent op.

Location hidden

#2506 Jul 18, 2012
snydersrep wrote:
The problem with snyder's is they pay us on what we load not what we sell. They fail to tell you that when you are buying the route. I do not know one rep that is happy about snyder's. Everyone I know is selling there route to get out while they can. So now the new group of io's will be even more pissed off because they overpaid for the routes and make no money!!!!!
I agree with this. That's why I sell everything I load and don't load extra if I know I'm not gonna sell it. Snyders will learn in the long run that this system sucks cause if it was based off what we sold then we would sale a lot more without the worry of what u load and u would get spur of the moment displays in more stores if We could carry extra product without the worry of being charged for it without selling it. This coming from a Dallas IO

Location hidden

#2507 Jul 18, 2012
snyder ho wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in the midwest they use a 10 / 1 ratio to value the routes. For instance if the route does 5000.00 in sales a week avg. the route is then worth 50,000.00. Thats what you pay for it. If your sales rise to say 7000.00 per week avg.( when you sell ) then your route is then worth 70,000.00. A profit of 30,000.00.(this is the only way you can sell the route if you wanted to.(You cant really put your own price on it.)
Our pay fluctuates too. Many variables will affect this, especially if you carry iventory all the time. I dont, I pre write orders and then sell it all by weeks end. The way they charge you for each load is a little screwy because they dont charge you but every 3 days and you are actually owing them money all the time.
My big problem with the whole situation is that the way they value the route. They use partner brand sales figures in the VALUE of the route initially and when and if we actually lose a partner brand, that value is lost to the I.O. They should sell the routes based only on sales of Snyders brand only, or whatever brands they actually own and know they wont lose.
They are also planning to buy back routes here too...soon. We dont have a choice either, they want to add the Lance brands and charge us for them.
I agree with this 100% and have actually told a lawyer via phone call at Hanover that is one of there lawyers that we shouldn't have to buy a route based off partner brands sales considering those sales come and go to often to where the IO is at risk. In Dallas we have been on the IO buy route system for like a year or so now. They waiting to ,edge snyders and lance along with a small Dallas company snyders bought that I also worked for before I switched to snyders. This small company is where all the partner brands come from. We have lost 3-4 small partner brands within the last year and a half and every reset we have has consisted of loss. If there was a gain my stores didn't get any gain. All in all my route sales are suppose to average 6400 and I'm around 6000 and have to bust my ass to get it near 6400 which happens like once a month if that. Working on getting my sales numbers for the last year and figure out a plan on taking this issue to a legal matter cause like I tell all my bosses, " I'm tired of making pennies when I signed up to make dollars"

Location hidden

#2508 Jul 18, 2012
Georgia Pounder wrote:
<quoted text> Thats right I make more money , work less hours and I eat for free!
There is some truth to the doomer and Gloomers. Certain areas are gonna do good so yeah the areas around Hanover,Pa are gonna rock in sales like the georgia person on here. Come to Dallas with that attitude with tough competition of frito lay with 80% of the market and u will see why there are doomer and Gloomers on this blog. It's hard to make a dollar as it is. U only get 1-2 feet of space in walmart and 3-5 feet average in all other grocery stores, maybe a lil more in others. plus partner brands leaving more then gaining to where that hurts ur sales too.

Location hidden

#2509 Jul 18, 2012
Snyder Ho wrote:
<quoted text>
Look guys and gals,
All I want to know is if S-L ever sent or gave you a product list that has all products on it. Partner and owned. It should have all products listed and by each product it will say either "Authorized Product" or "Other Product"
The key words here are "Authorized Products" or "Other Products".
They need to be specifically identified as "Authorized Products" or "Other Product"
This is what it says in my contract. I was never given a list that said this. I dont believe it exists and this is what I am trying to determine.
Thanks. The Ho
The funny thing is S-L sent all the Dallas guys this list u speak of. But it only has S-L products on this list. No where on this list does it show partner brands which is apart of my route sales so why is it not included?? I will be making a phone call tomorrow cause I feel like it should be a complete list of everything that was figured into my route sales weekly average. Also if I did have a Complete List it would show partner brands on the list that we don't carry anymore. Gonna do what I can to get some answers
Crooks in the house

Hanover, PA

#2510 Jul 19, 2012
The only company I know of that it takes an accountant to figure out the settlement. Route accounting sure can't do it. Amber James even has a tough time explaining it. Just get a lot of "eye rolls" when I show up. LOL
Gotafatlanceinmy jeans

United States

#2511 Jul 19, 2012
Bbqbob01 wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to buy some kind of company. A IO from Dallas has been told snyders tried to buy utzs but it fell threw due to utzs not wanting to provide all the proper documents and sales numbers and all the other stuff that goes into a process of a buy out. Hopefully snyders will do something soon cause the Dallas IOs are hurting in sales, me being one of them
BBQ bob maybe u need to sale cowboy hats and spurs down there also and bootleg some country cd's to supplement your income .... YEeee HAaaaw
Georgia Pounder

United States

#2512 Jul 20, 2012
Bbqbob01 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is some truth to the doomer and Gloomers. Certain areas are gonna do good so yeah the areas around Hanover,Pa are gonna rock in sales like the georgia person on here. Come to Dallas with that attitude with tough competition of frito lay with 80% of the market and u will see why there are doomer and Gloomers on this blog. It's hard to make a dollar as it is. U only get 1-2 feet of space in walmart and 3-5 feet average in all other grocery stores, maybe a lil more in others. plus partner brands leaving more then gaining to where that hurts ur sales too.
I was responding to a post!

Location hidden

#2513 Jul 22, 2012
These forums are usually all the same. A good place for disgruntled people to get things off their chest. And sometimes it actually does some good. Sometimes not.

I've been an IBO in North Carolina for Snyders for about 7 years now. The reason for my post is so that new people interested in this type of doing business don't just see all the negatives. There are IBO's that are happy as well. Well maybe content is a better word.

I totally understand everything people are saying when they vent on here. This country we are living in has taken a drastic change since the NAFTA treaty was signed. In the 1990's the US had about 35% of the worlds economy, now about 12%. That's alot of money that was available to all of us that is not there in this country anymore. Want to feel well off in the future - move to Brazil.

It's painful to know how we used to be able to live and how scary the future looks now. Anyone my age or older (45) saw the good life in the 1990's.

But it is not Snyders-Lance fault. Almost every company I know of has made dramatic cuts to the way they distribute products. They had to....Oil companies raped the economy and companies had to adjust. This was a huge eye-openner. Today, with the government still spending money in redicullious amounts and has since WWII, all people (CEO's included)better get what they can and as much as they can, hold on to it and make smart investments....we are in for a very bumpy ride!!!

It's not just Snyders-Lance.

I own 3 businesses. Even though I don't like many of the changes we ave faced lately as IBO's for Snyders-Lance. Out of the 3 businesses I own, I have the most confidence in the salty snack one. I sell proven produts. Products that companies spent decades making into nationally recognized items.

One thing I can say about Snyders-Lance is that even though I don't like everything I/we have faced lately, I feel the company has always been fair with me.

People have to change their mind-set when doing this IBO thing. You have to treat it as your own business. Most people I know that are still upset, simply just want a job. When buying a route you have to look at it long-term. Can you make a profit, and what opportunities are there for current growth and future growth. When I purchased my first route, I was able to increase the route sales by 20%. I sold that route when I found another route that better fit my needs, so I bought it. I am currently operating it at around a 20% sales increase and see great opportunities in my area down the road. I know that there are many other stories to the contrary of mine, but I do want to share an example of while we may not be in control of many of the variables of our business, there are still opportunities for success in this business.

With this country in the shape it is in, I feel good to be able to be involved in a business in the food industry. People all around me have lost their jobs in the textile and furniture industries. Imagine how disgruntled those individuals must be.

Sorry for such a lengthy post. I usually don't post on forum boards, and probably won't again for a long time, but I just had too much free time today so please forgive me.

There are some of us IBO's that like what we do and who we are partnered with. Not saying I couldn't change my mind down the road though, but for now, I am content.

Style_Dog

Location hidden

#2514 Jul 22, 2012
style_dog wrote:
These forums are usually all the same. A good place for disgruntled people to get things off their chest. And sometimes it actually does some good. Sometimes not.
I've been an IBO in North Carolina for Snyders for about 7 years now. The reason for my post is so that new people interested in this type of doing business don't just see all the negatives. There are IBO's that are happy as well. Well maybe content is a better word.
I totally understand everything people are saying when they vent on here. This country we are living in has taken a drastic change since the NAFTA treaty was signed. In the 1990's the US had about 35% of the worlds economy, now about 12%. That's alot of money that was available to all of us that is not there in this country anymore. Want to feel well off in the future - move to Brazil.
It's painful to know how we used to be able to live and how scary the future looks now. Anyone my age or older (45) saw the good life in the 1990's.
But it is not Snyders-Lance fault. Almost every company I know of has made dramatic cuts to the way they distribute products. They had to....Oil companies raped the economy and companies had to adjust. This was a huge eye-openner. Today, with the government still spending money in redicullious amounts and has since WWII, all people (CEO's included)better get what they can and as much as they can, hold on to it and make smart investments....we are in for a very bumpy ride!!!
It's not just Snyders-Lance.
I own 3 businesses. Even though I don't like many of the changes we ave faced lately as IBO's for Snyders-Lance. Out of the 3 businesses I own, I have the most confidence in the salty snack one. I sell proven produts. Products that companies spent decades making into nationally recognized items.
One thing I can say about Snyders-Lance is that even though I don't like everything I/we have faced lately, I feel the company has always been fair with me.
People have to change their mind-set when doing this IBO thing. You have to treat it as your own business. Most people I know that are still upset, simply just want a job. When buying a route you have to look at it long-term. Can you make a profit, and what opportunities are there for current growth and future growth. When I purchased my first route, I was able to increase the route sales by 20%. I sold that route when I found another route that better fit my needs, so I bought it. I am currently operating it at around a 20% sales increase and see great opportunities in my area down the road. I know that there are many other stories to the contrary of mine, but I do want to share an example of while we may not be in control of many of the variables of our business, there are still opportunities for success in this business.
With this country in the shape it is in, I feel good to be able to be involved in a business in the food industry. People all around me have lost their jobs in the textile and furniture industries. Imagine how disgruntled those individuals must be.
Sorry for such a lengthy post. I usually don't post on forum boards, and probably won't again for a long time, but I just had too much free time today so please forgive me.
There are some of us IBO's that like what we do and who we are partnered with. Not saying I couldn't change my mind down the road though, but for now, I am content.
Style_Dog
I agree with u. There are pros and cons to every job. And u are right u gotta treat it like ur own business cause that's exactly what it is. Our own business. And u are defiantilly right about how the economy effects our line of work. Times are tough. I enjoy to whole aspect of being my own boss and doing my best to make as much money as possible by selling as much product as I can. Just wish S-L would do more things on their end to make up the lost revenue that we in countered the last year. Losing a few partner brands and space in our accounts don't help our route sales any. Hope for change soon

Location hidden

#2515 Jul 22, 2012
Crooks in the house wrote:
The only company I know of that it takes an accountant to figure out the settlement. Route accounting sure can't do it. Amber James even has a tough time explaining it. Just get a lot of "eye rolls" when I show up. LOL
I don't have a problem figuring my settlement. It all depends on how many days ur terms are cause that will effect ur settlement. That's why I changed mine from 7 days to 3 day terms. I have a bin route and i get billed by the end of the week for all my product and also sale all my product by the end of the week. I don't order it unless I know I need it and can get rid of it. When on the old system we could order whatever and inventory didn't effect our checks but now this new system it's based off ur loads and sales. So I figured the system out and do it my way and have no problem figuring my check

Example of one of my weeks

Sales
Mon -509.40
Tues 163.30
Wed 0
Thur 2455.32
Fri 2401.41
Total 4510.63
Add in promo of 186.68 gives me a total of 4697.31

Product purchased

Tues 162.59
Bin load on Wed 3823.44
Total 3986.03

4697.31 total sales
3986.03 total loads =
711.28 from there u take out ur route payment and other fees that they take out each week and there is ur settlement total. This was a slow week but a example on how to figure ur sales. It all comes down to ur terms. If I was on 7 day terms the load total would apply to next week and whatever the week before load total was is the amount I would apply to the total product purchased. If its more then my sales I will owe S-L if it's less I will get a settlement. I just do it the easy way cause I hated my 7 day term loads effecting my check week to week. I would go 2 weeks without a check and that 3rd week get a 2000 check then go another week or 2 without a check til I got another one
I O broke basterd Nj

Medford, NJ

#2516 Jul 23, 2012
Bbqbob01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem figuring my settlement. It all depends on how many days ur terms are cause that will effect ur settlement. That's why I changed mine from 7 days to 3 day terms. I have a bin route and i get billed by the end of the week for all my product and also sale all my product by the end of the week. I don't order it unless I know I need it and can get rid of it. When on the old system we could order whatever and inventory didn't effect our checks but now this new system it's based off ur loads and sales. So I figured the system out and do it my way and have no problem figuring my check
Example of one of my weeked 0
Thur 2455.32
Fri 2401.41
Total 4510.63
Add in promo of 186.68 gives me a total of 4697.31
Product purchased
Tues 162.59
Bin load on Wed 3823.44
Total 3986.03
4697.31 total sales
3986.03 total loads =
711.28 from there u take out ur route payment and other fees that they take out each week and there is ur settlement total. This was a slow week but a example on how to figure ur sales. It all comes down to ur terms. If I was on 7 day terms the load total would apply to next week and whatever the week before load total was is the amount I would apply to the total product purchased. If its more then my sales I will owe S-L if it's less I will get a settlement. I just do it the easy way cause I hated my 7 day term loads effecting my check week to week. I would go 2 weeks without a check and that 3rd week get a 2000 check then go another week or 2 without a check til I got another one
Good luck with the 3 day terms and bin, worst thing ever!!!
Bordeaux11611

York, PA

#2517 Jul 23, 2012
So many pretenders!
PoDunk USA Distributor

Jamestown, NY

#2518 Jul 24, 2012
Try having a bin route in a 'warehouse'. We receive our product from Rochester, NY. The metro I/O's cherry pick the product so that they get the products with the best dates (bottom of pallets). Then, the incompetent warehouse manager sends us bin routes in the Southern Tier all of the close dated product and refuses to give credit. Combine that with the fact that every week, my orders are cut about 20% of the amount I order (i.e. if I order $10,000 in product, I receive about $8,000). Also, the DM here forces product on us and we don't get credit back on that, either. Promotions are garbage and we don't get credit back for Pumpkins and Archway holiday cookies. Down South and out West is the way to go. I had a route in Atlanta and regret the day I moved back up here to do this. In all fairness, I was a DM for Snyder's as well. So, for those of you who distribute in populated areas and have an actual warehouse to pull from, you are lucky.....
Twin Tiers IO

Jamestown, NY

#2519 Jul 24, 2012
I deal with this EVERY week it seems in WNY. Not only is it forced, but it is close dated with absolutely NO CHANCE of a guarantee when it goes outdated. Happens from the bin orders I get from Rochester as well.....
Buckeye for life wrote:
I've been on this site for a while now, but, I haven't posted in a long time. I've been with SoH for close to 4 years now and recently I'm seeing a new trend from my DM. He was a Lance DM prior to the merge. I have a bin route and for the last 3 or 4 weeks he has been adding product onto my order without my consent! The first couple times it was just "forced shippers" that added about $100 to my order, I could live with that..... I guess! But, last week, he added over $1100.00 to my order!!! Once again, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT!!! My route average when I bought this route was $6700.... according to SL..... actual numbers came out to be around $5800 a week. Now I'm running about $7400 a week. Just trying to add perspective to what adding $1100.00 to my already beefed up order means!His defense to his boss was..... He couldn't get ahold of me to see if I ordered enough product??!! Apparently, that was enough of an explanation for his boss, because, nothing else has came of it... even though I now have to fight like hell to get a paycheck this week!! Are there any "contract buffs" out there that may be able to shed a little light on my situation? From my understanding, he shouldn't be able to do that! Does that make me a SL employee?? Should I be getting benefits? Should they be paying my gas, truck payment, etc??!!
Just to clarify.... I've never been written up, I don't have store complaints and my sales are up!
IO advice

Lady Lake, FL

#2520 Jul 25, 2012
if you gentlemen and ladies are serious about all of this chater I urge you to contact Charlette directly. Speak to Human Resources and voice your concerns. If enough IO's start calling to calmly explain someone will take notice and check things out. You would suggest starting with the promotional cost that has cut your income from 2011.
holy bat farts batman

United States

#2521 Jul 25, 2012
Been there done that. It was held against me for doing so and we almost lost our route. I was told that HR is for employees only, so I wasted my time and gas money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr 30 Trista Biddle 23
Snyder lance Apr 11 light0070702 2
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
Rachel Caltrider????? Mar '15 Just looking 1
Bald Eagle Live Stream, Hanover Mar '15 Birder1810 1
News Carl's Creations: A once-blooming business says... Feb '15 Steve Gratman 2
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]