Snyder's of Hanover
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2403 Jun 18, 2012
Bordeaux11611 wrote:
<quoted text>
The people that work in Pennsylvania, Hanover, Pennsylvania, are the ones that are to blame mostly! They think they are better than everybody, even their counterparts in North Carolina! The people in North Carolina think that they are united, but they aren't. When stuff starts hitting the fan, Snyder's will blame Lance. This isn't Snyder's first time at the rodeo! It will be fun to watch!
Affinity fraud--wikipedia
Affinity fraud includes investment frauds that prey upon members of identifiable groups, such as religious or ethnic communities, language minorities, the elderly, or professional groups. The fraudsters who promote affinity scams are-or pretend to be-members of the group. They often enlist respected members of the community or religious leaders from within the group to spread the word about the scheme, by convincing those people that a fraudulent investment is legitimate and worthwhile. Many times, those leaders become unwitting victims of the fraudster's use.
These friendships exploit the trust and friendship that exist in groups of people who have something in common. Because of the tight-nit structure of many groups, it can be difficult for regulators or law enforcement officials to detect an affinity scam. Victims often fail to notify authorities or pursue their legal remedies, and instead try to work things out within the group. This is particularly true where the fraudsters have used respected community or religious leaders to convince others to join the investment.
Many affinity scams involve "Ponzi schemes" or pyramid schemes, where new investor money is used to make payments to earlier investors to give the illusion that the investment is successful. This ploy is used to trick new investors to invest in the scheme and to lull existing investors into believing their investments are safe and secure. In reality, the fraudster almost always steals investor money for personal use. Both types of schemes depend on an unending supply of new investors; when the inevitable occurs, and the supply of investors dries up, the whole scheme collapses and investors discover that most or all their money is gone.
On December 11, 2008, Bernard Madoff, an American businessman, was arrested on charges of securities fraud, having been turned in by his own sons after allegedly telling them his business was a "giant ponzi scheme". According to the New York Post, Madoff "worked the so-called 'Jewish circuit' of well-heeled Jews he met at country clubs on Long Island and in Palm Beach.".
Affinity frauds can target any group of people who take pride in their shared characteristics, whether they are religious, ethnic, or professional.
Look this up for yourself. Snyder's-Lance is targeting people who think that they have a shared goal, the IO's will deliver the product that Snyder's-Lance makes and they will both make a profit from it. Snyder's-Lance is betraying the trust that the IO's are putting into their job, and finding more and more ways to rob them.
It's like your significant other telling you when you catch them cheating on you, it's not me, it's you! You are the crazy one, I'm not doing anything wrong! You are the one doing something wrong by thinking that I would do such a thing. So you are not supposed to believe your own eyes and your own experiences, you are to blindly believe them because they say so! So everybody that notices that something is wrong, you are just incompetent, lazy, stupid, don't understand how it works, etc., etc. If you would only trust Snyder's-Lance, then you would understand how to do your job! Meanwhile you are losing money left and right!
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2404 Jun 18, 2012
I read this when I was doing some research--"Legal Troubles Casting a Shadow"--"As John Warehime presided over Hanover Foods' rapid diversification into new areas of food processing, though, he suffered a loss of credibility in 1992, when he and his wife, Patricia, were charged with federal income tax evasion at a separate company in which they were the sole shareholders. The couple had founded Food Services East, Inc., which operated The Cannery--a chain of 14 food stores in Pennsylvania and Delaware. Although Patricia Warehime was sentenced to only a month in jail, and John Warehime received 10 hours of community service work as his punishment, the scandal created 'a year of embarrassment and humiliation' for the Warehimes, the couple's attorney told the York Daily Record on October 22, 1992.
The event was only the first in a series of costly legal battles that would plague the Warehime family and Hanover Foods for the remainder of the 1990s. In 1993, Michael Warehime--the president of Snyder's of Hanover and a shareholder and board member at Hanover Foods--discovered that John Warehime had made unauthorized loans worth $4.1 million to his ailing Food Services East Inc. using Hanover Foods capital. Michael Warehime and his sister Sally Yelland drafted resolutions prohibiting such loans in the future and requiring John Warehime to provide collateral for the loans. According to the April 24, 1997 edition of the York Daily Record, John Warehime was outraged by this maneuever and referred to the proposals as 'the coup'.
At an October 1994 meeting, the Hanover Foods board of directors eliminated cumulative voting--a mechanism that empowered shareholders to combine their votes in electing board members. John Warehime then used his power as the sole trustee of the Alan R. Warehime Voting Trust to remove his siblings from the board.(In 1988, Alan Warehime had established the Voting Trust as a means of ensuring stability, and had named John Warehime as its trustee. Although the Trust expired in 1998, it gave John Warehime the right to vote a majority of common stock, including some shares owned by Michael Warehime.) New board members were nominated and approved in place of the ousted ones. Soon thereafter, the board voted to increase John Warehime's compensation package from $482,000 to $1.34 million. During the same period, Hanover Foods' pre-tax earnings plummeted from $10.2 million to $2.68 million, the York Daily Record reported on April 26, 1997.'He certainly got very rich last year in a bad year for the company,' an irate attorney for Michael Warehime told York Daily record on November 30, 1995.
A web of lawsuits ensued. In February 1995, Michael Warehime filed suit against his brother, claiming that John Warehime had 'used the family business to enhance his own financial status, with little regard for the members of the voting trust under his charge,' as the York Daily Record explained on November 30, 1995. In September 1996, 12 shareholders filed a civil suit on behalf of the company against John Warehime and the directors.
The already grim situation continued to worsen. In 1997, Michael Warehime filed another suit to block his brother from amending the company's charter to create another class of stock. Michael Warehime alleged that the effort was a thinly disguised attempt by John Warehime to solidify his control since the Voting Trust was due to expire the following year. John Warehime countered that the new "Class C' stock would be used to raise $30 million in capital to fund future acquisitions to keep the company solvent. In any event, John Warehime also acceded to the recommendations of an executive compensation firm hired by the board in 1997 to retroactively diminish his salary. The various lawsuits remained unresolved in 2000.
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2405 Jun 18, 2012
I meant to add where I saw this-- www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Han... . I hope you can see how it relates to everything.
G Dickle

Branford, FL

#2406 Jun 18, 2012
Bordeaux11611 wrote:
I meant to add where I saw this-- www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Han... . I hope you can see how it relates to everything.
I can't get to the websight?
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2407 Jun 18, 2012
G Dickle wrote:
<quoted text>
www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Han...
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2408 Jun 18, 2012
G Dickle wrote:
<quoted text>
over-Foods, so the only part that is missing after the word histories is:/Hanover-Foods
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2409 Jun 18, 2012
Bordeaux11611 wrote:
Did you know that Pennsylvania's previous governor, Governor Rendell, somehow found $10 million out of Pennsylvania's greatly troubled budget (they were laying off state workers) to give to Snyder's of Hanover for a "new research and development (R&D)lab" right around the same time that Snyder's settled their class action lawsuit in New Jersey? You can look it up on this website, with the 3 comments that people made, or do your own search. Pretty coincidental isn't it?
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2410 Jun 19, 2012
Bordeaux11611 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Pennsylvania's previous governor, Governor Rendell, somehow found $10 million out of Pennsylvania's greatly troubled budget (they were laying off state workers) to give to Snyder's of Hanover for a "new research and development (R&D)lab" right around the same time that Snyder's settled their class action lawsuit in New Jersey? You can look it up on this website, with the 3 comments that people made, or do your own search. Pretty coincidental isn't it?
The emperor isn't wearing any clothes! Won't anybody tell him?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2411 Jun 19, 2012
Helpful wrote:
http://www.halunenlaw.com/Snyd er-s-of-Hanover-SOH-Investigat ion.shtml
I've read here that nobody has gotten any positive feedback from this law firm regarding legal action against S-L. I'm wondering if maybe they've been retained by S-L to expose people who will be possibly taking legal action against them. Think about it, the sooner they know who is against them the better they can prepare and probably look to terminate. Has anybody gotten positive feedback from Halunen?
New Yorker

Burlington, NJ

#2413 Jun 19, 2012
If you think S-L is not concerned about this lawsuit, take a look at the last two Snyders-Lance SEC filings. If you look up their SEC 10K filing (required quarterly by all publicly held companies) they must disclose any lawsuits that may have an adverse effect on the company. This lawsuit is specifically mentioned and says "the company cannot estimate the potential losses as a result of this lawsuit."
The last big $10million dollar suit, was never mentioned as a threat, but this one is...
Interesting!
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2414 Jun 19, 2012
Fishin Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read here that nobody has gotten any positive feedback from this law firm regarding legal action against S-L. I'm wondering if maybe they've been retained by S-L to expose people who will be possibly taking legal action against them. Think about it, the sooner they know who is against them the better they can prepare and probably look to terminate. Has anybody gotten positive feedback from Halunen?
I was thinking the same thing, that Halunen is really for Snyder's-Lance!Have they mad ANY headway on that supposed class action lawsuit that they were "investigating"?
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2415 Jun 19, 2012
New Yorker wrote:
If you think S-L is not concerned about this lawsuit, take a look at the last two Snyders-Lance SEC filings. If you look up their SEC 10K filing (required quarterly by all publicly held companies) they must disclose any lawsuits that may have an adverse effect on the company. This lawsuit is specifically mentioned and says "the company cannot estimate the potential losses as a result of this lawsuit."
The last big $10million dollar suit, was never mentioned as a threat, but this one is...
Interesting!
That's because Snyder's-Lance had to settle that one before they could be approved by the FTC. This new one is AFTER..........
New Yorker

Burlington, NJ

#2416 Jun 19, 2012
Bordeaux11611 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because Snyder's-Lance had to settle that one before they could be approved by the FTC. This new one is AFTER..........
Agreed. But Snyders-Lance has publicly stated that they intend to make further acquisitions in the near future, and it would seem they will not be able to proceed with this lawsuit unresolved.
What do you hear about the alleged Coca-Cola acquisition of Snyders-Lance?
holy bat farts batman

United States

#2417 Jun 19, 2012
New Yorker wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. But Snyders-Lance has publicly stated that they intend to make further acquisitions in the near future, and it would seem they will not be able to proceed with this lawsuit unresolved.
What do you hear about the alleged Coca-Cola acquisition of Snyders-Lance?
I heard total BS. Nothing but a rumors.
CapeCodChipMan

Gainesville, FL

#2419 Jun 20, 2012
Has anyone heard anything about another Class Action lawsuit being investigated in Tampa, Fl?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2421 Jun 21, 2012
Guys/Gals, Here is a copy of the response from Halunen and Associates about the S/L class action suit. It seems that not enough people are doing anything to solve the S/L practices legally, even though they agree there are considerable contract violations for them to continue to pursue a nation wide class action against suit Snyder's Lance. They think we're just "drivers " not business owners.

Everyone needs to stand up for themselves and either: sell and get out, stay and shut-up, or sue the crooks.

Message Below:

"My firm have been investigating driver complaints relating to treatment by SOH for many months. Our investigation has just recently been concluded. After interviewing drivers around the country and reviewing documents provided us, we have determined that does not appear to be sufficiently strong class-based claims to justify a nationwide class action as we had hoped. The primary reason for this is that drivers from state to state and within the same states are not treated uniformly in all substantive aspects of direction and control. We had also been lead to believe that SOH terminated the contracts and associated territories of all drivers throughout the United States. Further, that the company did not pay fair market value for territories purchased. We have determined that this is completely accurate. It appears that the company terminated only those contracts for territories it wanted to realign rather than all contracts. These facts create serious problems for class- wide treatment. As a result of our investigation, we have determined that we will not pursue any potential action further. I believe it would be in the drivers' best interests to seek local legal counsel to pursue small group-based claims where all the participants suffered from the same injury- cancellation of their contracts and a failure to pay fair market value. By pursuing actions against the company this way you would not have all the hurdles that would hinder certification as would exist in a class action. I also want to make clear that I definitely believe there are valid and potentially strong individual claims against the company that drivers should pursue. There is not doubt that the company has engaged in conduct that has violated both contract-based and franchise-based rights of drivers. My firm simply does not have the resources to pursue these individual/small group claims in every jurisdiction throughout the country. I would recommend that you contact a colleague of mine in Boston who might have interest in representing drivers. Her name is Shannon Liss-Reardon. I truly wish all of you the best of luck." -- Clayton D. Halunen Halunen & Associates 1650 IDS Center 80 South Eighth Street Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Yesterday | post #2418)
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2422 Jun 21, 2012
Sell Mortimer Sell wrote:
Guys/Gals, Here is a copy of the response from Halunen and Associates about the S/L class action suit. It seems that not enough people are doing anything to solve the S/L practices legally, even though they agree there are considerable contract violations for them to continue to pursue a nation wide class action against suit Snyder's Lance. They think we're just "drivers " not business owners.
Everyone needs to stand up for themselves and either: sell and get out, stay and shut-up, or sue the crooks.
Message Below:
"My firm have been investigating driver complaints relating to treatment by SOH for many months. Our investigation has just recently been concluded. After interviewing drivers around the country and reviewing documents provided us, we have determined that does not appear to be sufficiently strong class-based claims to justify a nationwide class action as we had hoped. The primary reason for this is that drivers from state to state and within the same states are not treated uniformly in all substantive aspects of direction and control. We had also been lead to believe that SOH terminated the contracts and associated territories of all drivers throughout the United States. Further, that the company did not pay fair market value for territories purchased. We have determined that this is completely accurate. It appears that the company terminated only those contracts for territories it wanted to realign rather than all contracts. These facts create serious problems for class- wide treatment. As a result of our investigation, we have determined that we will not pursue any potential action further. I believe it would be in the drivers' best interests to seek local legal counsel to pursue small group-based claims where all the participants suffered from the same injury- cancellation of their contracts and a failure to pay fair market value. By pursuing actions against the company this way you would not have all the hurdles that would hinder certification as would exist in a class action. I also want to make clear that I definitely believe there are valid and potentially strong individual claims against the company that drivers should pursue. There is not doubt that the company has engaged in conduct that has violated both contract-based and franchise-based rights of drivers. My firm simply does not have the resources to pursue these individual/small group claims in every jurisdiction throughout the country. I would recommend that you contact a colleague of mine in Boston who might have interest in representing drivers. Her name is Shannon Liss-Reardon. I truly wish all of you the best of luck." -- Clayton D. Halunen Halunen & Associates 1650 IDS Center 80 South Eighth Street Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Yesterday | post #2418)
Covering our tracks now are we? I told you I was serious!
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2423 Jun 21, 2012
Bordeaux11611 wrote:
<quoted text>
Covering our tracks now are we? I told you I was serious!
If just ONE person would ask me what I did all by myself, I will tell the rest of you what I did, and then you can all unite and do the same! Cut through the BS, don't rely on anybody else but yourself to take care of this, after this is done by many people it will bolster your lawsuits against them. Snyder's of Hanover will not be special or more important than anybody else anymore!
gft

Virginia Beach, VA

#2424 Jun 21, 2012
Bordeaux11611 wrote:
<quoted text>
If just ONE person would ask me what I did all by myself, I will tell the rest of you what I did, and then you can all unite and do the same! Cut through the BS, don't rely on anybody else but yourself to take care of this, after this is done by many people it will bolster your lawsuits against them. Snyder's of Hanover will not be special or more important than anybody else anymore!
so what did you do?
Bordeaux11611

Dover, PA

#2425 Jun 21, 2012
gft wrote:
<quoted text>
so what did you do?
Go to the SEC whistleblower website. You can make a complaint and maybe get a reward. You have to click an I accept button to get on the website. Then it tells you about making a tip. The first 'click here' in blue is to make a complaint online. You can also print the form out and send it in the mail. The first button that you have to click on after this is, please select the option that best describes your complaint. Right under that, is a list of reasons with circles in front. The VERY first reason is: Fraudulent investment scheme, such as a Ponzi scheme or the promise of high yield returns. Under this is a box to click on that says: Please select the specific category that best describes your complaint. When you click on this, it gives you the selection of: Affinity fraud, Ponzi/pyramid scheme, high-yield investment, or other. At different places it asks you to explain further if you have more to add. It is self explanatary and easy enough to do. You can do this anonymously or you can give your information at the end, but you also have to make sure you fill out the whistleblower form if you want to try to receive an award for the information that you give them that might help. I think everybody should do this, and I made some other claims with mine. If they are defrauding the IO's, aren't they also defrauding the stock holders in obvious ways and other ways that aren't so clear at first? I stumbled on to this, but I think I was guided by someone. I will tell more about my situation later. And Holy Bat, when I tell my story I want you to know that I am not/was not offended by what you said in response to one of my comments.
So everybody, take the bull by the horns! Don't let people keep telling you that, "yeah, this should not be going on, but I can't/won't help you fight it." Do it yourself! The big people almost always help out the big people, and give the little people lots of double talk! Much love to you all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) 12 hr VroomVroom717 13
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr '16 mymomwasscammed 28
News Last person pleads in $4.8M cocaine ring Mar '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Cat dies after possible abuse in Hanover Mar '16 Squach 51
News Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Mar '16 Davenport 28
News Tattoos and holiday smiles (Jul '09) Feb '16 Juliam953 6
News Duo arrested in Littlestown car theft Feb '16 Stimpy 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages