Snyder's of Hanover

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2320 Jun 1, 2012
IO Advocate wrote:
I'm gonna try both your suggestions. I am going to load Friday for Monday and not touch it on Saturday. And I will leave Backstock on Saturday in my power stores to empty all but the Friday load. I agree we need to get off the deferrment. It distracts from focusing on the shelves to focusing on the truck......Hey who didn't get paid this week? Oops, they breached the contract. I'm writing them up. Sending a letter to Hanover because my attorney says it's the same as them writing us up. Three of the same violations in 12 months gives us the right to cancel the agreement and still keep the route.....not sure what good it will do but hey.
<quoted text>
Good luck with the letter... One would think the rules are a "two-way-street". Sadly, they are not. S/L will ignore it and your attorney and your depot will give you the silent treatment and limit their conversations with you and so will your DM and ZM.

Send enough letters of breach of contract, will only get your attorney a response from the "Corporate Eel" (their counsel) telling him/her to advise you to: sell, sue, or shut-up.

Larger I/O's have tried. If you "push" hard enough, they'll "push back", trust us...

We applaud your effort!
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#2321 Jun 1, 2012
Routes work. You are paid by selling product but your checks are based on inventory. Control your inventory based on your sales. Load your truck store specific.sell off as much ss you can by sales week ending Saturday. You will be paid correctly.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#2322 Jun 1, 2012
If you don't get paid weekly you are not controlling your inventory. The only thing that effects your commission is inventory. Nobody has anything to do with your commission but yourself and your ability to control your inventory.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#2323 Jun 1, 2012
You are in the consignment business. If you don't sell you inventory in seven days. You buy it. Order as much as you can and sell it before end of week. You will be paid.
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#2324 Jun 1, 2012
IO Advocate wrote:
I'm gonna try both your suggestions. I am going to load Friday for Monday and not touch it on Saturday. And I will leave Backstock on Saturday in my power stores to empty all but the Friday load. I agree we need to get off the deferrment. It distracts from focusing on the shelves to focusing on the truck......Hey who didn't get paid this week? Oops, they breached the contract. I'm writing them up. Sending a letter to Hanover because my attorney says it's the same as them writing us up. Three of the same violations in 12 months gives us the right to cancel the agreement and still keep the route.....not sure what good it will do but hey.
<quoted text>
load Friday sell everything by week ending sat. But be consistent weekly. Or one week your commission will br in the form of inventory
cookieman

Eagle, CO

#2325 Jun 1, 2012
:)
Snyders of bend over

United States

#2326 Jun 1, 2012
So some ass clown in pa takes off and we don't get out direct deposits until the next Monday or Tuesday ?? Bet if we all took off Monday that would get the dumbasses attention ...
Holy Bat Farts Batman

United States

#2327 Jun 1, 2012
And nothing will be done about it. Guess what, Snyders employees were paid this week on time. Just one more reason to get away from these scum.
Jack

Johnstown, NY

#2328 Jun 2, 2012
northeast snackman wrote:
Ok, gotta jump in here. Been reading he posts and agree with alot of what people are saying. Bottom line is the only way to really get answers from Snyders is through a lawyer. Snyders will continue to do what they want and tell IO's what they want on their own time. From what I've read with the past lawsuits, it was the only way Snyders answered specific questions. Unless everyone on this thread is willing to place a class action on Snyders then keep guessing.
Mass IO. I think we have the same contract and it clearly states Snyders can buy our routes back for the average of the last 3 IO's that have sold. I don't know that ratio, but I do know it's more than 10:1, commenting on the people west of the northeast which stated the ratio 10:1 buyback from Snyders. I think some one from the south said their routes at one time was going for 35:1. that's incredible. The IO's st the ratio and potential buyers will agree with the terms or not.
The way Snyders will construct the new routes is not an easy project. Probablywhy it is taking loger than usual. I agree with the post where the new routes will be smaller in size, less than 10,000 average. This way the route will be maintained to their satisfaction. And it will force the IO to go out and seek more space if they want to maximize their route. Who doesn't want less accounts, less towns and cities, which equals to less expenses? The other hand there are people who are averaging 15-20,000+/week. With every merger, bought out company, and take over there are going to be happy and unhappy workers.
In Snyders case: From what I've read on therse posts the new contract will be 17% commission for Snyders product. Lance people in our area were making 15% on their product line and we were making 19.5% on Snyders products. So in all actuality that's a raise for the Lance people and a decrease for original Snyders IO's. That's hear say from the people who have posted actual commission rates. And I know each part of the country is different from one another. It might not change here, but who knows?
Lastly, Mass will probably be one if not the last to convert due to a special circumstance. Lance has a 10year contract with a ditributor, which is only in year 2 or 3. So unless Snyders buys out the rest of the contract Mass IO's are just sitting and waiting. So keep posting with new info cause we in the northeast are reading intently.
Mass IO. I think I know who you are, but I will keep it top myself. Keep up the good work, cause I'm hearing things.....lol
??

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2329 Jun 2, 2012
Come on Jack, it's a large post. How about some specific questions.
jamie

Columbia, SC

#2330 Jun 2, 2012
GIJOE wrote:
<quoted text>
Jamie, they will loan anyone money regardless of credit. They are desperate for IO's because after 6 months they are burned out or they find out they are working for crooks that screw you every time they can. If you want a job working for them after reading these comments you are crazy because they are true.
Thanks GIJOE didn't really read the comments was just asking a question but now that you mention it I will read the comments first thanks for the heads up!!!
16ctswissfudgepa cker

Roslindale, MA

#2331 Jun 3, 2012
It seems line there are a lot of unhappy people out here. I have heard the other day that Snyders upper management has been touting how wonderful everything is going. Talk about being out of touch! Working harder, making less money! There profits are up because the distributors are one of the lowest paid in the industry. The distributors need to form an association similar to peperidge farm, so that everyone can be heard and no one has to be singled out. One for all, and all for one!! I am sure that their are current or past distributors that would like nothing better than to form an alliance to keep this company from walking over the men and women who have made this company what it is!
Looney

Johnstown, NY

#2332 Jun 4, 2012
Kim wrote:
I forgot that Friday I was told by a friend of mine that is a lance rep that they were also told by voice mail that they could not service walmart at all on friday or saturday. So it has also effected their sales also. Maybe they have it straightened out by tomorrow.
Amen

Since: May 12

Siler City, NC

#2333 Jun 5, 2012
We are getting a measly $300 check this week...Not sure what to do. We dont even have a route pmt coming out yet! He has been with Lance for over 9 years, so we didnt know that there was going to be this much trouble when it switched to IBO. We are seriously reconsidering this business venture at this time...
EquityTHIEF wrote:
<quoted text>
So after two to three weeks u should be receiving a check again?
Jimmy Jo

Hattiesburg, MS

#2334 Jun 5, 2012
IO wife wrote:
We are getting a measly $300 check this week...Not sure what to do. We dont even have a route pmt coming out yet! He has been with Lance for over 9 years, so we didnt know that there was going to be this much trouble when it switched to IBO. We are seriously reconsidering this business venture at this time...
<quoted text>
Less is more,try to run ur invtory close to zero or the same amount each week to see a level settlement. I've seen guys that will make more money on a 5k route than a 8k route some weeks just because the IO doesn't know how to order. Also try to pre sell as much as possible.
Anonymous

Langhorne, PA

#2335 Jun 5, 2012
You guys are all crazy crying to much! It is VERY SIMPLE to run you're route and make a good paycheck every week. I'm on a 2 day deferment. Which means anything I load on my truck on Friday or Sat. wont be charged to me until next week. So..it's a very simple process. My week runs from Sat. until Friday. I come back empty on Friday..nice check.(depending on how much you load).. Work Saturday..but DO NOT TCOM. If you t-com..it will add those sales to the previous week and you'll have a big check, then nothing the next week. If you chose 0 days to defer..that's where you hurt yourself. Then you have to not t-com your week closing day! Key is to not T-COM on Sat if you defer 2 days. Seems like a lot of people on here can't figure out what the hell they are doing. Once you figure it out, it's all green :)
Snyder Ho

Overland Park, KS

#2336 Jun 5, 2012
Does anyone have an "authorized product list"
Or a list that has items listed as "authorized" or "other product"
I have no such list and have never been given one by S-L.
I am in a dispute over a lost brand in my Zone.
Really this all goes to why S-L sells routes with Partner Brands in the sales when they could lose them at anytime thus S-L makes 100% profit and the IBO takes 100% of the loss on the lost Brand.

Please everyone look into if you were ever sent such a list that I describe.
Snyders of bend over

United States

#2337 Jun 6, 2012
Snyder Ho wrote:
Does anyone have an "authorized product list"
Or a list that has items listed as "authorized" or "other product"
I have no such list and have never been given one by S-L.
I am in a dispute over a lost brand in my Zone.
Really this all goes to why S-L sells routes with Partner Brands in the sales when they could lose them at anytime thus S-L makes 100% profit and the IBO takes 100% of the loss on the lost Brand.
Please everyone look into if you were ever sent such a list that I describe.
I agree how in the hell can u sell partner brand numbers when u don't own the stuff .... good ole Snyders of bend over !
Snyders of bend over

Boynton Beach, FL

#2338 Jun 6, 2012
Snyders of bend over wrote:
<quoted text> I agree how in the hell can u sell partner brand numbers when u don't own the stuff .... good ole Snyders of bend over !
Snyder ho didn't get any list either .. But u can punch the stop in your handheld go to the find button and select what partner brand u are trying to bring in and see if it comes up with the product you would to try to bring in . Hope that helps

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2339 Jun 6, 2012
I've been on this site for a while now, but, I haven't posted in a long time. I've been with SoH for close to 4 years now and recently I'm seeing a new trend from my DM. He was a Lance DM prior to the merge. I have a bin route and for the last 3 or 4 weeks he has been adding product onto my order without my consent! The first couple times it was just "forced shippers" that added about $100 to my order, I could live with that..... I guess! But, last week, he added over $1100.00 to my order!!! Once again, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT!!! My route average when I bought this route was $6700.... according to SL..... actual numbers came out to be around $5800 a week. Now I'm running about $7400 a week. Just trying to add perspective to what adding $1100.00 to my already beefed up order means!His defense to his boss was..... He couldn't get ahold of me to see if I ordered enough product??!! Apparently, that was enough of an explanation for his boss, because, nothing else has came of it... even though I now have to fight like hell to get a paycheck this week!! Are there any "contract buffs" out there that may be able to shed a little light on my situation? From my understanding, he shouldn't be able to do that! Does that make me a SL employee?? Should I be getting benefits? Should they be paying my gas, truck payment, etc??!!
Just to clarify.... I've never been written up, I don't have store complaints and my sales are up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Sam's Club Still Planned for Gateway? (Nov '13) Nov 22 Amanda 2
News Power outage hits rush hour (May '10) Nov 20 David Dell 16
News Ex-security guard charged in thefts at Hanover ... (May '11) Oct '16 Private 6
News Police: Littlestown woman bites child as discip... Oct '16 privone2001 3
Ummmm......yeah Oct '16 waitwhatwhowhenho... 1
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul '16 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul '16 Jan 22

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages