Snyder's of Hanover
North-La-Rep

Shreveport, LA

#2150 Apr 18, 2012
george wrote:
partner brands are gone!! Its sad that they sold a ton of routes with partner brands in the numbers!!
If u were a partner brand would u stay with this mess that soh has become!!
Hell no.... that is the point of this site, to me. I had already seen through the S-L bull s... before I discovered this site. However,
these post on here has reaffirmed the things I have seen. With any luck we can keep some other guy, with a wife, kids ect..
from over investing in a ONE sided contract and dog and pony show known as Snyders-Lance. For those already traped in contract,
Maybe there is strengh in numbers......
george

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#2151 Apr 19, 2012
A friend of my son asked me if he should buy a snyder route cause he got the speech by management that buying a route is the best way to go!! I told him get a job with frito because at this point u probably make more get beenies and vacations!! A real shame I had to tell him that but it was the truth!! very sad!!!!!!!!!
Old School Lance Man

Asheboro, NC

#2152 Apr 19, 2012
Mike wrote:
Guys, is there a website online that sells Snyders Lance hats and other clothing for us to wear?
I have about 20 band new unworn Lance shirts size XXL. Leave your contact info and I will sell them to you......I retired in January..
Old School Lance Man

Asheboro, NC

#2153 Apr 19, 2012
Keith Ulrich wrote:
I was just curious. Is The Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel Company doing ok? Has there been any layoffs, or employee wage or hours cut?
If there is any way you could find out and let me know, I would deeply appreciate it.
Thank you..
Anybody know where this guy is ?? He started this forum on Aug. 18, 2009.....
Just Wondering

Riverton, NJ

#2154 Apr 20, 2012
Is anyone aware of the Lawsuit that was filed in New Jersey Court in January 2012 against Snyders-Lance? The suit is regarding the unfair contracts and buyback of Snyders routes in New Jersey.
Just Wondering

Riverton, NJ

#2155 Apr 20, 2012
george wrote:
A friend of my son asked me if he should buy a snyder route cause he got the speech by management that buying a route is the best way to go!! I told him get a job with frito because at this point u probably make more get beenies and vacations!! A real shame I had to tell him that but it was the truth!! very sad!!!!!!!!!
George, do you have a Snyders route in New Jersey? What area are you in?
HomoPieces

United States

#2156 Apr 21, 2012
Nibbler wrote:
what partner brands we lose?
Anyone know? I know Stacy's is gone but what else.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2157 Apr 21, 2012
HomoPieces wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone know? I know Stacy's is gone but what else.
Not all regions have the same partner brands. It really depends on your warehouse and their local contract. Some I/O's in other states were still distributing "Non S/L made" products (partner brands)that we lost in our region right after we came onboard. We lost chips and other salty snacks, beverages, salsas, jerky, etc. all partner brands and very popular.
Now that Frito-Lay is completely under the PepsiCo banner as of April 1st, more things will change. If you want to know what shelf faces or brands you'll be losing at S/L ask any Frito-Lay merchandiser (he/she will know to the bag what you will lose, if they deny it, they've been instructed to do so). They (Frito) control all chip resets directly or indirectly, even WalMart.
Frito knows months in advance how much space they will gain and how much S/L will lose for every reset coming up. Frito knows what partner brands are being "wooed away" from anyone, especially S/L.
Don't kid yourself, S/L is no longer a "career" for anyone.
Just Wondering

Riverton, NJ

#2158 Apr 21, 2012
Sell Mortimer Sell wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all regions have the same partner brands. It really depends on your warehouse and their local contract. Some I/O's in other states were still distributing "Non S/L made" products (partner brands)that we lost in our region right after we came onboard. We lost chips and other salty snacks, beverages, salsas, jerky, etc. all partner brands and very popular.
Now that Frito-Lay is completely under the PepsiCo banner as of April 1st, more things will change. If you want to know what shelf faces or brands you'll be losing at S/L ask any Frito-Lay merchandiser (he/she will know to the bag what you will lose, if they deny it, they've been instructed to do so). They (Frito) control all chip resets directly or indirectly, even WalMart.
Frito knows months in advance how much space they will gain and how much S/L will lose for every reset coming up. Frito knows what partner brands are being "wooed away" from anyone, especially S/L.
Don't kid yourself, S/L is no longer a "career" for anyone.

Mortimer- what part of the county/what state are you in? I think all of us feel uneasy about the changes S-L is making and what changes are yet to come...Do these changes happen one state/region at a time or across the board for all I/Os?
Just Wondering

Riverton, NJ

#2159 Apr 21, 2012
A class action suit was filed in New Jersey in January 2012 against Snyders-Lance. This lawsuit involves the New Jersey Franchise Practices Act, a law that was passed in 1971 but amended in 2010 to offer SIGNIFICANT protections to franchisees. This lawsuit will define whether we Snyders "Independent Operators"are actually FRANCHISES and if the court deems us as FRANCHISE owners-wow will things be different with Snyder's!All of the UNFAIR and one-sided contracts that Snyders has been forcing on us will be GONE!
DO SOME RESEARCH GUYS-WE NEED TO STAND UP FOR OUR RIGHTS AND NOT BE PUSHED AROUND BY SNYDERS ANYMORE! This is a class action lawsuit and involved several states including New Jersey and New York
Just Wondering

Riverton, NJ

#2160 Apr 21, 2012
snyders of hangover wrote:
As we were told, this merger would be great for everyone! Because all of our routes got consolidated (CUT) WE THE DISTRIBUTORS would have a better quality of life! Could anyone out here please define " quality of life" ? Less driving, more time with family. We are now " married" to these stores! Stores feel that because we have so much space now, they want extra service, which means more work, more time in the field! The route guys are working six to seven days a week.
I guess if there was 12 days in a week, this would be a better quality of life!
All for less $$$!!!!
PLease resd the posts today about the class action suit that has been filed in New Jersey in January 2012. If you are a Snyders IO in NJ or NY this effects YOU...WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER AND FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2161 Apr 21, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Mortimer- what part of the county/what state are you in? I think all of us feel uneasy about the changes S-L is making and what changes are yet to come...Do these changes happen one state/region at a time or across the board for all I/Os?
JW,

If you read over the past posts on this forum you will find that there is no rhyme or reason to a significant "rollout" with any S/L change. It all depends on: the involved store chains' readiness, your depot's stock levels on affected product(s) and where market demographics will bring the quickest response to change ("read" as profit)for S/L.

We've had changes before other parts of the country and other times we watch other regions get affected first.

Watch the forum, ask questions, get involved. If you ask your DM a "direct" question concerning S/L you will almost always fail to get a straight answer 99% of the time. The only exception we found, is when you "catch" them in a lie or you find out within 48 hours before they whack you with a change that will hurt your route's profitability and you ask again.

Remember: Your manager above you gets paid a commission by sales numbers in the regions he oversees that he has to meet. He/she will make sure they protect their standard of living anyway they can, at your expense if need be.
need answers

United States

#2162 Apr 22, 2012
Clocker wrote:
It's simple math Nuts but not the formula you're using. Forget about making 17-20% on your sales. It's strictly how much you sell vs how much you bought. Figure it out my way and see if it matches your settlement sheet. Most weeks my pay came to the penny to what I had figured. If you purchased $6000 and sold $6000 you'll get nothing and be in the hole for whatever your company expenses are.
if its that simple why are we supposed to get 20% for c stores/ hospitals etc; how is that figured in?
Jimmy Jo

Kilmichael, MS

#2163 Apr 22, 2012
need answers wrote:
<quoted text>
if its that simple why are we supposed to get 20% for c stores/ hospitals etc; how is that figured in?
Everything that retails under 1.59 is sold to you at 20%less than what u will sell it to ur customers,everything over is sold to u at 17%less than what u will sell it for. I think?? Don't think of it as commissions,once u sell enough to pay for ur load and expenses from that point on its 100% profit.
need answers

Zelienople, PA

#2164 Apr 22, 2012
thanks; its making sense . the promos are that way too? I just became an IBO. its getting easier to understand now.
Okie from OKC

United States

#2165 Apr 22, 2012
Hi ya'll... really glad to see all these posts here. I've got pretty much the same bitches everyone else has. This area (Oklahoma) went live in August. They told us we were the first area to go live in the company, so that was the justification for ALL the screw-ups. My settlement checks have been from 1-3 a month also. As some of the previous posts said... sell more then you buy that week and you get a check. I do have an issue with the 12% cross dock with WalMart. We(I) truly got ripped on it. The actual cost to WM was $1.62 per unit. ASK THE ZONE MGR. ABOUT THAT ONE!!! I'm not sure there was any give back on the PA either... it's law suit time.
Okie from OKC

Yukon, OK

#2166 Apr 22, 2012
Anybody lose any "Partner Brands" to sell???
Jimmy Jo

Kilmichael, MS

#2167 Apr 23, 2012
need answers wrote:
thanks; its making sense . the promos are that way too? I just became an IBO. its getting easier to understand now.
No. You lose money on promos and they make u pay part of the promo discount,13/87 split I think. If u give $100.00 in promo you have to give SnyLnce $13. I find out when the promos start and try to packout the acc as much as possible before the price goes down in the HH
Just saying

Lena, IL

#2168 Apr 24, 2012
Routes are getting screwed with promo share on partner brands. Except for a couple of partner brands, S-L recovers 100% of the promotions from the partner brands, so the promo doesn't cost them anything. The promo share the routes pay on partner brand promotions is pure profit for S-L.
sylance

United States

#2169 Apr 24, 2012
I found out through a coke big wig that they are buying s-l,that is where your New merch comming from

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) May 25 VroomVroom717 13
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr '16 mymomwasscammed 28
News Last person pleads in $4.8M cocaine ring Mar '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Cat dies after possible abuse in Hanover Mar '16 Squach 51
News Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Mar '16 Davenport 28
News Tattoos and holiday smiles (Jul '09) Feb '16 Juliam953 6
News Duo arrested in Littlestown car theft Feb '16 Stimpy 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages