#2129 Apr 13, 2012
boxhard wrote:
congrats !!!!!<quoted text>
Was up buddy life is good just busy as hell will try to call you soon

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2130 Apr 13, 2012
snackman wrote:
has anybody else recieved a letter from corporate stating that they were calculating the edlp pricing for lance items in walmart incorrectly.now they r going to take 17% back as promo allowance. This company keeps taking from the io's and telling us one thing to get us to buy a route and then they change things, Sounds like a lawsuit if we get together and fight the corporate greed.After you pay back the 17% promo allow, we r only making between 15 - 16 %. That is totally wrong and unfair, it is no wonder that the io's could give a rats ass about anything that s-l says because they lie right to our faces, then act like nothings wrong.good luck to all
Snackman,

Before our termination, all our WalMarts had taken in pallets of Lance cracker home packs, the 4 major sellers, as a "cross-dock" item which we had to ask their permission to stock from the mezzanine every time we went in or they would not stock it. This was paid to us at a 12% commission. Period.
snackman

Gettysburg, PA

#2131 Apr 14, 2012
Sell Mortimer Sell wrote:
<quoted text>
Snackman,
Before our termination, all our WalMarts had taken in pallets of Lance cracker home packs, the 4 major sellers, as a "cross-dock" item which we had to ask their permission to stock from the mezzanine every time we went in or they would not stock it. This was paid to us at a 12% commission. Period.
yes we also had that and the 12% came off thwe 1.76 price point so u lost all the promo allow on that. That seems to b the way s-l is operating , anything to screw the io's, lawsuit pending

Location hidden

#2132 Apr 14, 2012
snackman wrote:
<quoted text>yes we also had that and the 12% came off thwe 1.76 price point so u lost all the promo allow on that. That seems to b the way s-l is operating , anything to screw the io's, lawsuit pending
We imagine everyone talks to their competition while on their routes and you "hear" a lot of things. Some distorted, some true and some that sound all wrong but you slowly watch them materialize as true. We weren't new to the business and hear "stories" and "theories" from people so far removed from our own industry we found ourselves saying "ah...what do they know, their just so-and-so people.."

We had heard a lot while we were with S/L and are now seeing some of those comments we scoffed at from strangers last year, starting to come true. More cross-docking, more store chain one-way promo buys that were only one-way for S/L as we were forced to buy-back items that were not in the aisle set, but sold on promos, pallet dropped (Pallet drops? Our warehouse did none of that for us) and got stuck with hundreds of dollars of inventory, unsellable to any other store chains or c-stores. Instant promos that are pallet delivered from the store's own distribution center, not on our promo schedule sheet we got at our meetings, and at a reduced commission rate but were told "Stock it, sell it all or get stuck with it" as the warehouse takes back NOTHING, in code, out of code, delivered short-coded, delivered damaged etc, etc, NOTHING was to be returned for ANY reason.

More and more S/L will be cutting out the "middle man", the I/O. Selling around them so your DM and ZM get the commissions they make on their sales quotas at your expense while you work your ass off everyday to put out fires and make a paycheck that doesn't seem to make it all worth it.

Why did S/L go to the I/O model anyway?
Was it a "bridge" to eliminate all the former company guys, their retirement and benefits, bring in the I/O and treat them like company employees until S/L can deliver all direct and just make the I/O a company employee again, this time as a glorified merchandiser like Keebler, Nabisco and the like, if they don't go broke and quit first?

We were very disappointed at the increasing bad behavior and tried to "go-along-to-get-along " and make the most of it. But the income was getting smaller and the days longer.

Putting soapbox away...
Pat

Lombard, IL

#2133 Apr 14, 2012
mike wrote:
I sell a ton of Ok Doke and Krunchers at Walmart
So do I, here in Indiana, I do quite well with both brands.

Since: Jul 08

myrtle beach

#2134 Apr 15, 2012
After reading all of this, I want my husband get out before we have to go into debt.
snyders of hangover

Mount Dora, FL

#2135 Apr 15, 2012
It is quite sad to hear all the testimonials out here. This company thinks it is your privilege to work here. You take on all the expenses, you take on all the risk, you repair your own vehicles, you hire merchandisers, your to figure out your pay,you eat your own credits , you are stuck with short coded product,you work from dawn till dusk to try and make a decent pay to support your family,you pay $4.00 + a gallon for gas.
There is a famous song out there, They smile at your face, there the back stabbers,...
You distributors around the country inspire me to at least expose our concerns out there.
Guys keep this post rolling, because one day we will all unite and make this company change their ways!!
North-La-Rep

Shreveport, LA

#2136 Apr 15, 2012
cracker stacker wrote:
Ok. I was just weighing out if it is worth sticking it out the 120 days I have to do to recieve the transition pay. I dont have to buy the route, but just sign a service agrement, but im gonna be spending more time driving than anything. With so much driving im not sure if its even possible to make all the stops...not even figuring in door times! To me i think S-L are tring to make me quit so they dont have to pay the transition or unemployment
cracker stacker, This piece of shit company is not trying to run you off. They have to give a crap for that to happen. You, just like me, are nothing more than a piece of meat and a ssn to them. I also have and am still debating, weather or not it is worth sticking it out the 120 days. I have 90 days or so left. I find it harder and harder to get up and go put up with this every day. This company is losing millions of dollars and dont seem to care. I have 9 cases of snyders and grande' in my stockroom I received last week that was dated the 15th and 22nd. I feel sorry for those guys and gals that bought into this insanity. I will do my best to make it the 120 days, If I don't..... oh well!!!! I have "NEVER" worked for a sorrier bunch of sob's in my long working career. To those of you that are happy with this, I wish you the best. Just don't forget to watch your back.
george

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#2137 Apr 15, 2012
wait to the partner brands say screw this and look for another way to get there shelves full!! soh dont give a damn about there own stuff so what do they think of the partner brands!

Location hidden

#2138 Apr 16, 2012
george wrote:
wait to the partner brands say screw this and look for another way to get there shelves full!! soh dont give a damn about there own stuff so what do they think of the partner brands!
Partner brands...we lost a few to Mission Brands over the last 6 months, some were top regional sellers with several shelf faces in more than one chain. S/L response was " Now is the time to sell more displays for your remaining products and participate in every promo we schedule if you want to succeed".

Recently, Mission's own I/O's came up to us face to face in our own stores and informed us that their company was going to broker all of our large partner brands eventually as S/L's focus was going to increasingly be on cracker products. It's seems that Mission Brands has increased their local bakery counts across the country and has started to manufacture and supply many store brand products to national chains.

Now, if you were a store chain, why negotiate with two suppliers for three product lines when you can have the same company that makes your "house brand" of products deliver your house brand, Mission's own product and also the partner brands product, all on one truck, on one invoice at a lower negotiated rate?

BTW, Frito-Lay knew about S/L losing some of our partner brands we were distributing, months before it came true.

So we asked for more chip and pretzel products from S/L to be plugged in at the next reset to make up the lost revenue at our quarterly meeting. We were told S/L intend on adding to the cracker aisle with many new products. The reset came and went, our store chains took only a couple of new items, deleted top-sellers and told us it was unlikely S/L would gain back space in the chip aisle any time soon.

It's troubling when your competition knows more about your personal financial future with S/L than you as the invested I/O purchasing the route you're working does.
Mike

Bolingbrook, IL

#2139 Apr 16, 2012
Guys, is there a website online that sells Snyders Lance hats and other clothing for us to wear?
george

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#2140 Apr 16, 2012
U can have mine!!!!!!!!!! Lmao
cracker stacker

White Plains, KY

#2141 Apr 16, 2012
North-La-Rep wrote:
<quoted text> cracker stacker, This piece of shit company is not trying to run you off. They have to give a crap for that to happen. You, just like me, are nothing more than a piece of meat and a ssn to them. I also have and am still debating, weather or not it is worth sticking it out the 120 days. I have 90 days or so left. I find it harder and harder to get up and go put up with this every day. This company is losing millions of dollars and dont seem to care. I have 9 cases of snyders and grande' in my stockroom I received last week that was dated the 15th and 22nd. I feel sorry for those guys and gals that bought into this insanity. I will do my best to make it the 120 days, If I don't..... oh well!!!! I have "NEVER" worked for a sorrier bunch of sob's in my long working career. To those of you that are happy with this, I wish you the best. Just don't forget to watch your back.

They reorganized my route putting me at 56 or so stops,but from my warehouse their all 45 min to 1 1/2 hrs away except for the 7 that are in the same town as my warehouse. That's why they can't sell the route ,plus another company has a contract with snyders. To sell the pretzels. Then I'm put on salary of my weekly average if I make the wkly route average they figured it would do, but if I sale over that I don't get paid anymore. So basically if I make the route average by Thursday....Friday ill be working for free! What.a scam!!!
snyders of hangover

United States

#2142 Apr 17, 2012
Mike wrote:
Guys, is there a website online that sells Snyders Lance hats and other clothing for us to wear?
you are a d- bag, an obvious management that has nothing else better to do than to try and disrupt people out here that have real problems with the way this company operates.
Mike

Bolingbrook, IL

#2143 Apr 17, 2012
hahah you are soooooooo angry
george dickle

High Springs, FL

#2145 Apr 17, 2012
Mike wrote:
Mike are you serious? You actually signed a contract with Snyder/Lance for tens of thousands of dollars and now your worried about a shirt. Why don't you ask management for your free shirt! I was given 2 free when I originally signed my contract.

yes their is a websight that does clothing.

Location hidden

#2146 Apr 18, 2012
george dickle wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike are you serious? You actually signed a contract with Snyder/Lance for tens of thousands of dollars and now your worried about a shirt. Why don't you ask management for your free shirt! I was given 2 free when I originally signed my contract.
yes their is a websight that does clothing.
Promoting S/L with uniforms.

Sure, we were told that same song and dance. Our ZM requested sizes from us because the quarterly numbers for our route were great and we deserved a shirt or two. Never saw them.

Cintas has a web page for S/L, but you'll need PERMISSION from your ZM and a pass code to gain access.

A few things to know:
You're limited to what S/L has chosen to let you purchase from Cintas. The nice "wheat" logos you see on your DM shirts are NOT available to you as an I/O. You will receive a shirt or jacket or cap with plain lettering that reads: Snyder's-Lance in one color only.

Before you say, "I can have a local company embroider a nice professional full-color logo on anything I want that reads or duplicates a digitized S/L logo for you, and choose the clothing and colors I want"....You may want to review your contract and attachments. If you're an I/O, you signed an agreement that you are NOT allowed to use or duplicate in any form the S/L logo on: business cards, clothing, vehicles, ID badges etc, etc.

I would suggest you use your company name on your clothing and business cards of your choice and forget using S/L's name or make it just a footnote on your card.

Do you REALLY want the attention in your store aisles while your trying to get in and out that parading around the S/L name on your body will bring? Customers WILL see the S/L name and complain about what products they can't get anymore in the store or anywhere. This will cost you a discussion and precious door time.

We were proud to promote our product brand too. It just brings too many headaches. Try handing out business cards that have S/L logo on them or name to just your back door receiver. Every store employee and manager will call you day and night for service, for any reason. When you ignore the calls, they WILL call your DM or S/L corporate, then the "fun" starts over nothing.

Be wise...
North-La-Rep

Shreveport, LA

#2147 Apr 18, 2012
Mike wrote:
hahah you are soooooooo angry
Mike, you my friend are on the wrong site. This site is for those that wish to expose all the bs and lies.
There are a lot of lives that have been changed because of this. There are many of us(more each day) that feel that S-L does not give a crap about
there "front line"(IO's and the few reps that are left). Just today a Kroger manager told me that if S-L does not get it together then they ARE going to find someone else to
get partner brand from. NOW, how many people will that effect? You... maybe. So take your brown nose ass to the Charmin.com site. I believe that is where you will find
the T.P. you need to clean your nose.
george

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#2148 Apr 18, 2012
partner brands are gone!! Its sad that they sold a ton of routes with partner brands in the numbers!!

If u were a partner brand would u stay with this mess that soh has become!!
Nibbler

Jeffersonville, IN

#2149 Apr 18, 2012
what partner brands we lose?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photos: Annual shearing day at Littlestown alpacaa May 23 Fitus busted sphi... 4
Shed foundation question Apr '17 Gettysburg Gay Bars 4
Ummmm......yeah (Oct '16) Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages