Another hike in school taxes

Another hike in school taxes

There are 33 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jun 17, 2010, titled Another hike in school taxes. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Homeowners in the Conewago Valley School District face a 3.6-percent tax increase after the Monday night passage of the district's $44,052,941 budget for the 2010-2011 school year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Howard Stern

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Jun 18, 2010
You're kidding me right - Trimmer??

You and your administration take no responsibility for taxes going up each of the last five years? I am not sure I want my kid going through your district if this is how you and your so-called educators teach responsibiliity.

You should be ashamed. You think it is ok since all the other districts are in the same boat. Grow up and take charge.

"We are in the same boat as all the other school districts," Trimmer said. "The tax increase is being caused by skyrocketing insurance premiums and pension costs."
Tax me more

Westminster, MD

#2 Jun 18, 2010
So - just like the state and the feds - make us tax payers responsible for their mis spending!
Do your job and stop the wastefulness of the school district, state and feds! Vote em all out!

“Stupidity should be terminal!”

Since: Apr 10

Gettysburg PA

#3 Jun 18, 2010
This has got to stop!- 11 percent in 3 years folks. I don't give a God damn what pension costs and insurance premiums are doing for Conewago Valley teachers...my costs go up too and I don't get carte blanch to up my salary!- so Mr. Trimmer you can take your tax increase and stick it up your curriculum.
BOHICA

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Jun 18, 2010
Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

Where do these retards think all of our money is coming from. All of these schools are the same they spend more then they have and we have to pickup the slack.

When is it going to end?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Jun 18, 2010
I strongly suggest you all to visit the following website http://www.adams912patriots.org/ and get involved in this organization. WE need to unite and stop this out of control spending. We need to run the for school boards and take back America starting at the local level!
Pa Resident

United States

#6 Jun 18, 2010
This is such bull crap!!!!
We have a daughter who will be attending NOE in this fall and she better get a damn good education for what we have to pay.
Why should we have to pay for the teachers pension??
that should be on their plates not the tax payers

I would love to know when they are going to plant those trees that grow money on them because I sure need one

Gettysburg PA

#7 Jun 18, 2010
I have absolutely NO problem paying my fair share for the education of our children. I have a few reservations on what that education should look like in comparison to what they teach but still don't have a problem paying for it. BUT when these people (teachers, administrators etc) cry that they need money for pensions and insurance?- GIVE ME AN EFFEN break. Every single American citizen is facing the same problems and most of them don't have pensions.

Can a lawsuit be filed against Conewago Valley SD to prevent this increase from taking effect?
jackson

Carlisle, PA

#8 Jun 18, 2010
RoboHealth wrote:
I have absolutely NO problem paying my fair share for the education of our children. I have a few reservations on what that education should look like in comparison to what they teach but still don't have a problem paying for it. BUT when these people (teachers, administrators etc) cry that they need money for pensions and insurance?- GIVE ME AN EFFEN break. Every single American citizen is facing the same problems and most of them don't have pensions.
Can a lawsuit be filed against Conewago Valley SD to prevent this increase from taking effect?
Don't know about the lawsuit, butwe can do like the old days.
We can tar and feather them and run them out of town on a rail

Gettysburg PA

#9 Jun 18, 2010
jackson; nice but frankly I'm looking for a real solution. Short of voting every single one of those on the New Oxford School board out during their next bid; I want to stop this increase from going in to effect.
Pa Resident

United States

#10 Jun 18, 2010
What about starting a petition on the school tax and another one for voting the elected officials out of office???

It has to start somewhere!!!!

Gettysburg PA

#11 Jun 18, 2010
Pa Resident wrote:
What about starting a petition on the school tax and another one for voting the elected officials out of office???
It has to start somewhere!!!!
This would take too long. By the time any of that would be accomplished they'd be proposing the next tax increase. This has to be stopped now before it even gets to the next budget year.
I'm looking for grounds. Any lawyers out there want to pick a fight with the district? Time to get creative and start thinking for a new way to stop this.
Rod

Baltimore, MD

#12 Jun 18, 2010
Why should these school boards manage their finaces just like citizen households have to manage theirs? The obvious answer is: They don't have to manage anything, because when they need money, they will just take it from the citizens!!

I will be very surprised if there is not some civil unrest in the streets in front of these school board members! We are not made out of money any more than you are and we are sick to death of your arrogant taking of what we have worked to earn! You rats deserve everything you get and I hope you can't sleep at night!

Gettysburg PA

#13 Jun 18, 2010
Rod. I understand being upset (I'm pissed beyond belief) but making any suggestions that there should be violence is irresponsible. It's our state and local governments that have allowed these people the avenues to do this. First we stop their ability. Then we remove those who are conditioned to raise money first, reduce costs second.
L-Town girl

Gettysburg, PA

#14 Jun 18, 2010
Hi all: Everyone yesterday thought i was nuts speaking out against all this school taxing. Glad to see in your part of the county you speak up and all seem to agree. Living in Union township near Littlestown there are so many jerks I am embarrassed to say i live here.

I am on a fixed income and sick of all these raises. No social security raise the past 2 years and probably never again from what I hear. So how am I getting this additional $100 a month to pay for these increases?

I am also fed up with paying for illegitimate kids in school when the mothers don't even know who the fathers are. Why are we having to take the responsibility for their mistakes? Also not to mention the illegal immigrants kids to boot! Enough is enough.

how can we stop this insanity?
L-Town girl

Gettysburg, PA

#15 Jun 18, 2010
Here is a candidate for Gov. in FL that is calling for a 2 yr freeze on rising taxes. Check it out:
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20100618...

We need to stop rising taxes right here and right now.
Dan Colgan

Mechanicsburg, PA

#16 Jun 18, 2010
I'm with Robo!- Were are the noble people with law degrees? are there any left?- Time to put up or shut up. We're going to take this group on head on.
Dan Colgan

Mechanicsburg, PA

#17 Jun 18, 2010
Sorry,....for all the spelling hitlers out there... "We're"
Dan Colgan

Mechanicsburg, PA

#18 Jun 18, 2010
and... Where?
Rod

Baltimore, MD

#19 Jun 18, 2010
Rod wrote:
Why should these school boards manage their finaces just like citizen households have to manage theirs? The obvious answer is: They don't have to manage anything, because when they need money, they will just take it from the citizens!!
I will be very surprised if there is not some civil unrest in the streets in front of these school board members! We are not made out of money any more than you are and we are sick to death of your arrogant taking of what we have worked to earn! You rats deserve everything you get and I hope you can't sleep at night!
Civil unrest is not always the same thing as inner city thugs celebrating a Lakers win. But there is every reason to assemble and display our displeasure. I'm taking up the offer to see what the 9-12 group and tea party people are doing about these problems!
Mike

Hanover, PA

#20 Jun 18, 2010
F-ing joke! Nobody is paying for my insurance and retirement, but ME! I don't even have any kids which pisses me off even more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 13 hr Mmmm mmm good 7,596
Snyder's Lance - Morrisville NC 23 hr Cracker Man 15
don't date in this S%I^hole town Tue Jsmith 1
Medical Littlestown Community pool Dec 23 Sunshine 1
Rumor: McSherrystown Bypass is near. Nov '17 Mike _ Brushtown 1
traffic in mcsherrystown (Apr '13) Nov '17 Mike 2
News Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct '17 JT100uk 40

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance