Soldier home at last

Full story: Evening Sun 7
Members of a United State Army honor guard fold the flag at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia. Full Story
Native Son

East Berlin, PA

#1 Jun 12, 2011
May You Rest In Peace Staff Sergeant Luther H Myers. Thank you for serving when your country needed you.
45 automatic

Hanover, PA

#2 Jun 12, 2011
Staff Sgt. Luther H. Myers, U.S. Army , I thank you for your service. WAR is HELL , no matter which war a soldier fought in. MAY YOU REST IN PEACE
Fire Marshal Bill

Gettysburg, PA

#3 Jun 12, 2011
Allow me to echo the above sentiments for Staff Sgt. Luther H. Myers. His service and sacrifice almost 70 years ago set the standards for those young men and woman serving today. I know that he and those other men when far above and beyond what was expected of them, and it is because of these WW II men and women that we have the freedoms in this country that we have today.

May I also suggest or request that when you see one of these men in the community wearing their WW II veteranís hat or coat, that you take the time to shake their hand and thank them for there service.

Although we do honor them upon their death with military honors at their funerals, donít you think we should take the time to honor them and thank them while they are alive and let them know how much we appreciate their service and sacrifices?

To all veterans and especially those or World War II, thank you for your service and may God bless you and all of your loved ones.
Golden Eagle

East Berlin, PA

#4 Jun 12, 2011
From a Navy veteran to a fine Army veteran, thank you for your service and dedication to your country. May you always have Fair winds and following seas.
Scott

Gardners, PA

#5 Jun 12, 2011
Thank you Mr. Myers.
moo

Hanover, PA

#6 Jun 12, 2011
My dad and mom are interned nearby. It is a peaceful place. RIP.

Once again I say to Tim Stonsifer, you have a special gift in your abilities to tell a story. It is hard to get me to laugh or cry but you are often able to do that with your words. Thank you
Stac i am

Hanover, PA

#7 Jun 12, 2011
Thank you Mr.Myers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 42 min Jazzman 51,524
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr Martin Luther 4,019
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon R Nixon 186
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 2
bulllys at the work place. Sep 19 Petal Power 3
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sep 18 Sl of bendover 5,468
Hanover Police Force Sep 15 Jeremy 1

Hanover Jobs

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]