Davis man dies in I-80 crash near Dixon

Davis man dies in I-80 crash near Dixon

There are 150 comments on the The Reporter story from Dec 3, 2008, titled Davis man dies in I-80 crash near Dixon. In it, The Reporter reports that:

A man killed Monday night following a traffic accident in Dixon was identified Tuesday a Bruce Wenokur, 53, of Davis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

Dr Wenokurs Patient

Sacramento, CA

#42 Dec 8, 2008
Gemineye wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you getting all hyphy-when you are in the wrong? Were you on scene at he accident-because the article clearly states he crashed in Dixon. A man killed Monday night following a traffic accident in Dixon was identified Tuesday a Bruce Wenokur, 53, of Davis.
According to the California Highway Patrol, Wenokur was speeding on
eastbound Interstate 80 and swerving
across all lanes just prior to the crash.

Around 9:20 p.m., as he approached the Highway 113 north/Woodland exit. You might want to step down off of your high horse-because you are wrong. Maybe he was not paying attention-realized he was about to pass his exit-crossed all lanes of traffic since he was going 90 he was probably in the left lane so he crosses all lanes of traffic and crashes. Why he was coming from the Bay area may never be knows, and does it matter? The whys never matter-only the end results do.
Look, he was coming from the East. The CHP will say Dixon, he wasn't really anywhere near Dixon. He was coming from Sacrramento, like they say, Eastbound. Eastbound towards Dixon and San Francisco. There's a turnoff right around the university, to get onto hwy 113. That's a right turn. That's why I say, the CHP report is wrong. They assume he was drinking but if they can't even tell you where it happend, how can you depend on the fact he was drunk?
Dr Wenokurs Patient

Sacramento, CA

#43 Dec 8, 2008
Gemineye wrote:
<quoted text>Dummy we have to drive through Dixon to get to Davis and Hwy 113. Dixon comes first, then Davis. Maybe he wasn't techically in Dixon with houses and stores, but maybe technically in the Dixo city limit-because he wasn't in Davis yet. Why are you arguing about something so insignificant?Have you looked at a map lately?
I understand wh you are thinking Eastbound, that's what it says. But they mean, I'm sure, he was traveling from Sac to Davis. There's no reason he was traveling Eastbound. Let's just give it a rest. I'm sorry if I came off arrogant. He was a good friend. Let's see what the final report says. I have no idea why I'm even defending him, maybe for the family. He was just a very special guy.
Dr Wenokurs Patient

Sacramento, CA

#44 Dec 8, 2008
Long-term client wrote:
I find it interesting that so many have an opinion and seem to want to weigh in on this... While he was a well-known and highly regarded psychopharmacologist, he was also a narcissist and not the most patient of men. Human, in sum. He will definitely leave a void in the mental health services currently offered in Sacramento and will be missed by many. I am sorry for his family and wish them well as they cope with this unexpected tragedy.
I'm really curious why you would call him a narcissist. This whole thing is confusing. We see a certain side of people depending on our role. As a patient, he was more than a Dr., he was a friend. You can't fake that and you can't fake results. I'm just wondering why a guy like Wenokur would be considered a narcissist? Everything he did in my mind was up front, at his professional expense, way beyond what a normal shrink does.
Joel

AOL

#45 Dec 8, 2008
Dr. Bruce Wenokur spent his life training to help others. In one day at his medical clinic he relieved more suffering and cared for more people than some of the above callous ignorant bloggers have done in their life. Other doctors,including this one respected him are are very sad at his passing.

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#46 Dec 8, 2008
Joel wrote:
Dr. Bruce Wenokur spent his life training to help others. In one day at his medical clinic he relieved more suffering and cared for more people than some of the above callous ignorant bloggers have done in their life. Other doctors,including this one respected him are are very sad at his passing.
It truly is a shame that someone that helped others for a living, made a choice to drink and drive at over 90mph. What a waste.

“WHEN SOME1 SHOWS U WHO THEY R”

Since: Jul 08

BELIEVE THEM

#47 Dec 8, 2008
Dr Wenokurs Patient wrote:
<quoted text>
He was coming from the East Side, Sacramento! Dixon is anothr ten miles down the road. Why you give a crap about this in the first place is a wonderment. Just look at a map.
I care because your stupidity is astounding. Did you read the article???? You keep arguing with people about where he was coming from when the article clearly states he was driving East bound. From Sacramento to Dixon is West. From Dixon to Sacramento is East.Maybe you need to look at a friggen map genius!

BELIEVE THEM

#48 Dec 8, 2008
<quoted text>
I understand wh you are thinking Eastbound, that's what it says. But they mean, I'm sure, he was traveling from Sac to Davis. There's no reason he was traveling Eastbound. Let's just give it a rest. I'm sorry if I came off arrogant. He was a good friend. Let's see what the final report says. I have no idea why I'm even defending him, maybe for the family. He was just a very special guy.
How can you say there was no reason he was traveling East bound? Were you in the car? Were you his shadow or his driver? It doesn't matter which way he was driving-you are the one so hellbent on the fact that there is no way on God's little green earth he was traveling Eastbound. How can you be so sure? Did his car have some sort of device that prevented him from driving past Davis, into Dixon?

BELIEVE THEM

#49 Dec 8, 2008
<quoted text>
Look, he was coming from the East. The CHP will say Dixon, he wasn't really anywhere near Dixon. He was coming from Sacrramento, like they say, Eastbound. Eastbound towards Dixon and San Francisco. There's a turnoff right around the university, to get onto hwy 113. That's a right turn. That's why I say, the CHP report is wrong. They assume he was drinking but if they can't even tell you where it happend, how can you depend on the fact he was drunk?
I don't think he was drinking or drunk. Never did.From Sac to Davis isn't East, it's South.I don't get why you are so stuck on the direction. If you want to defend him, even though you weren't there and don't know what happened, defend some of the jucier allegations that matter.What direction he was driving when he died does not make any difference to the case.

BELIEVE THEM

#50 Dec 8, 2008
<quoted text>
I'm really curious why you would call him a narcissist. This whole thing is confusing. We see a certain side of people depending on our role. As a patient, he was more than a Dr., he was a friend. You can't fake that and you can't fake results. I'm just wondering why a guy like Wenokur would be considered a narcissist? Everything he did in my mind was up front, at his professional expense, way beyond what a normal shrink does.
Did you hang out with him after hours, in a social setting, or did you only see him in a Dr/Pt way? Yes you can fake being someone's friend.People do it every day.
Dr Wenokurs Patient

Sacramento, CA

#51 Dec 8, 2008
Gemineye wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think he was drinking or drunk. Never did.From Sac to Davis isn't East, it's South.I don't get why you are so stuck on the direction. If you want to defend him, even though you weren't there and don't know what happened, defend some of the jucier allegations that matter.What direction he was driving when he died does not make any difference to the case.
Thank you. I agree, what direction he was going really doesn't matter, I have a feeling he was actually traveling West but it doesn't matter. I don't even know if you can get a blood sample after looking at the accident. Maybe all of it doesn't matter except that if there was anyone I could talk with about this tradegy, he died in a tragic accident somewhere around Davis/Dixon.
The caller

Daly City, CA

#52 Dec 8, 2008
I called this in. He attempted to hit me and a few others on i80. surprisingly he made it from sacramento to dixon without crashing. I called this in twice that night.

BELIEVE THEM

#53 Dec 9, 2008
The caller wrote:
I called this in. He attempted to hit me and a few others on i80. surprisingly he made it from sacramento to dixon without crashing. I called this in twice that night.
OK, now this is a little more believable. How scary. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

BELIEVE THEM

#54 Dec 9, 2008
<quoted text>
Thank you. I agree, what direction he was going really doesn't matter, I have a feeling he was actually traveling West but it doesn't matter. I don't even know if you can get a blood sample after looking at the accident. Maybe all of it doesn't matter except that if there was anyone I could talk with about this tradegy, he died in a tragic accident somewhere around Davis/Dixon.
I hope there is some way they could get a blood sample, because I just don't think he was drinking.I don't know him from Adam, I'm just going with my initial gut feeling.The article said he died after help arrived, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. That way, everyone could let him rest in peace.It's also sad for his patients. I assume something stressful like this could cause someone to relapse, with the stress of losing someone they trusted, along with knowing they have to start fresh with someone new. My thoughts are with his family and patients.
sue

Penn Valley, CA

#56 Dec 9, 2008
He lived in Davis, maybe he was on his way home.
Bob wrote:
I have a question for all the people that are putting forth the assumption that he was working late in Sacramento. Why was he traveling eastbound through Dixon? That would be going the wrong way.
misanthrope

United States

#57 Dec 9, 2008
Bob wrote:
I have a question for all the people that are putting forth the assumption that he was working late in Sacramento. Why was he traveling eastbound through Dixon? That would be going the wrong way.
he missed an exit you dumbass. it was a really foggy night.
misanthrope

United States

#58 Dec 9, 2008
Bob wrote:
I have seen the chared post. He was traveling from the Dixon area toward 113 north. The post is on the right at the 113 exit. As max said way back, I feel sorry for the post, it did nothing wrong.
you are going to have a sad, sad life. And Im going to make sure of it you idiot.

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#59 Dec 9, 2008
misanthrope wrote:
<quoted text>
he missed an exit you ****. it was a really foggy night.
If it was so foggy that night, why was his speedometer frozen at 90mph ? You would think that someone would exercize caution in such inclement weather.
misanthrope

United States

#60 Dec 9, 2008
Emjoe wrote:
<quoted text>If it was so foggy that night, why was his speedometer frozen at 90mph ? You would think that someone would exercize caution in such inclement weather.
so he made a mistake. he was trying to get home quickly after a long day of seeing 30 patients. what do you do, EMJOE, for the greater good of the community other than stay online all day and write snide inappropriate comments? certainly you aren't seeing 30 patients a day, that's obvious. Idiots like you would never have the mental capacity for that.
misanthrope

United States

#61 Dec 9, 2008
For Christ's sake the man never, EVER drank. It was the gasoline that spilled in face that smells like alcohol all you judgmental, ignorant, sad excuses for human beings.

BELIEVE THEM

#62 Dec 9, 2008
misanthrope wrote:
For Christ's sake the man never, EVER drank. It was the gasoline that spilled in face that smells like alcohol all you judgmental, ignorant, sad excuses for human beings.
The CHP started the madness with their comments about alcohol being suspected in the crash. You can't blame the people that believe what the CHP said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sun Bend over 6,564
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr 11 mymomwasscammed 28
News Last person pleads in $4.8M cocaine ring Mar '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Cat dies after possible abuse in Hanover Mar '16 Squach 51
News Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Mar '16 Davenport 28
News Tattoos and holiday smiles (Jul '09) Feb '16 Juliam953 6
News Duo arrested in Littlestown car theft Feb '16 Stimpy 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages