Oxford Township woman missing since Thursday

There are 59 comments on the Evening Sun story from Feb 8, 2010, titled Oxford Township woman missing since Thursday. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Susan L. Ketcham of Oxford Township has been missing since late Thursday night. Police say the circumstances surrounding Ketcham s disappearance are suspicious.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Happened Before

Hanover, PA

#1 Feb 8, 2010
Let's see if the locals can solve this without psp help. Seems like when they get a tough case the call the state boys.
Off Track

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2010
If it were a loved one of mine, I'd want all the police officers possible working on the case. Prayers are going up that she's found safe and sound.
Bryan J Felix

Shippensburg, PA

#3 Feb 9, 2010
Happened Before, I think if you look closely at the policies of the local PD's, you will see that they want PSP because they dont want to fund the overtime that it takes to solve such involved cases.
just great

Wrightsville, PA

#4 Feb 9, 2010
Susan, I hope that you are ok. Sounds suspicious... Ya think? check the railroad tracks.. doesn't take a rocket scientist. Local police typically cannot handle something like this regardless.. they don't have the tools needed. If it was foul play, they will have to get someone who is an expert in the field...
Yeah Right

Hanover, PA

#5 Feb 9, 2010
Who cares which police department solves this as long as it gets solved! I agree with Off Track...if it were my loved one, I would want every available officer working this case. It seems like her her ex boyfriend might become a person of interest since she seemed to be afraid of him. Anyone know who that is or where Susan worked?
curious

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Feb 9, 2010
What ex-boyfriend?
Yeah Right

Hanover, PA

#7 Feb 9, 2010
That's what I am asking! On one of the news stations it said she was afraid of an ex boyfriend that she had broken it off with in October. That's just what I heard!
curious

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Feb 9, 2010
she has had many and at least the one closest to her has nothing to do with it, he has taken care of her for a long time.
Judy

Salisbury, MD

#9 Feb 9, 2010
If I were the police investigater I would call a police psychic immediatley and attempt to locate her, I believe New Jersey has some reputable ones who have had promising results with other police cases. Check the internet. It is also critical that an experienced police detective who has the time and resources to dedicate handle this case from the start whether it be local or state. My prayers are with the family and hope she is located soon.
whatever2

Hanover, PA

#11 Feb 9, 2010
I'm totally with you "whatever". And after the bleeding hearts find her, they can fund her b/c I'd like it if my tax dollars weren't supporting people like this who abuse the system.

Yeah Right... Susan's "work" was to work the system. Get more pills, sell more pills, whine to local cops about the company she kept, such as the jobless, crackhead, crack dealing ex boyfriend that used to beat the 5h1t out of her til she went to the hospital (on our tax $ mind you). Oh, and hold down her sofa while chain smoking packs of cigs a day, paid for by your hard earned money.

The pic they have posted of her... if anyone actually saw her since she's been missing... they wouldn't even know it was her b/c that pic is deceiving... looks WAY too good. Like it was actually taken when she wasn't high. Quite a feat and rare moment for her.

If she's in the field somewhere, they won't find her til spring when all this snow goes away. Railroad tracks aren't likely since trains pass through daily.
Badoggy

Hanover, PA

#12 Feb 9, 2010
So because of your opinion of this lady we should just say screw it, she doesn't deserve our time and attention? Is this what I am hearing from you?
Yeah Right

Hanover, PA

#13 Feb 9, 2010
Oooohhhh! She was not all together there! Gotcha, I guess that gives law enforcement a lot more scenerios as to what happened to her!
Badoggy

Hanover, PA

#14 Feb 9, 2010
whatever2 wrote:
I'm totally with you "whatever". And after the bleeding hearts find her, they can fund her b/c I'd like it if my tax dollars weren't supporting people like this who abuse the system.
Yeah Right... Susan's "work" was to work the system. Get more pills, sell more pills, whine to local cops about the company she kept, such as the jobless, crackhead, crack dealing ex boyfriend that used to beat the 5h1t out of her til she went to the hospital (on our tax $ mind you). Oh, and hold down her sofa while chain smoking packs of cigs a day, paid for by your hard earned money.
The pic they have posted of her... if anyone actually saw her since she's been missing... they wouldn't even know it was her b/c that pic is deceiving... looks WAY too good. Like it was actually taken when she wasn't high. Quite a feat and rare moment for her.
If she's in the field somewhere, they won't find her til spring when all this snow goes away. Railroad tracks aren't likely since trains pass through daily.
Obviously you know her well by your posting to go into great detail about her habits and daily life. Tell me... did you happen to sit on her couch with her and smoke and gab or did you try to hold out a hand to help? Hopefully it was the latter but I am guessing that not to be. I hope she didn't call you friend.... but more then likely she did.
whatever2

Hanover, PA

#15 Feb 9, 2010
There is a clear distinction between opinion and fact. I surely didn't give my opinion. I merely painted the picture of the Susan they didn't tell you about on the news.
curious

York, PA

#16 Feb 9, 2010
to whatever and whatever2,
Your description may be correct, but please remember she is someone's sister, daughter, etc. Please be respectful. I had a close family member that pushed us all to the limits and further, we hung in there by a very fine thread. Thankfully we did and she finally got the help she needed. Some people do not comprehend what goes on with people like the "Susan's" of the world unless they are up close and personal. Remember this.
JohnGalt

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Feb 9, 2010
Let us not confuse facts and opinions. The only opinin that whatever2 had was of the photo- the rest are facts. She put herself in bad situations time and time again. Does this deserve out time and attention? I wouldn't say screw it, but I wouldn't waste any more tax dollars either.
Badoggy

Hanover, PA

#18 Feb 9, 2010
whatever2 wrote:
There is a clear distinction between opinion and fact. I surely didn't give my opinion. I merely painted the picture of the Susan they didn't tell you about on the news.
And like I asked... did you hold out a hand or merely sit by and watch?
Badoggy

Hanover, PA

#19 Feb 9, 2010
JohnGalt wrote:
Let us not confuse facts and opinions. The only opinin that whatever2 had was of the photo- the rest are facts. She put herself in bad situations time and time again. Does this deserve out time and attention? I wouldn't say screw it, but I wouldn't waste any more tax dollars either.
So I am not quite sure where these facts come from. Were they in the paper... on the news or are these facts coming from people who were close to her?
Greg

Gettysburg, PA

#20 Feb 9, 2010
Funny Whatever and Whatever2 knew her that well. I think we know who supplied her addiction. What are you two mad that now you lost a customer? You say she worked the system, how do we know you 2 don't work the system, we'll wait til you wind up missing and then bash you like a bunch of dumba!!es that you are. No matter what she does or did, show some respect for her loved ones still looking for her.

No I don't know her, or anything about her so maybe she does do all those things you claim, but i still hope they find her alive.
JohnGalt

Virginia Beach, VA

#21 Feb 9, 2010
I witnessed it first hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) May 20 wheredidthatclown... 5,769
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) May 7 Scott123 10
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr 30 Trista Biddle 23
Snyder lance Apr '15 light0070702 2
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
Rachel Caltrider????? Mar '15 Just looking 1
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]