First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Hanover, PA

#1 Aug 22, 2011
What do you think about the paper charging you to read on line news?
not surprised

United States

#2 Aug 22, 2011
I wouldn't pay a dime to read that liberal trash.
THIS IS WRONG

Hanover, PA

#3 Aug 22, 2011
I WILL NOT PAY TO READ THE NEWS ON THE INTERNET I WILL FIND OUT THE NEWS IN OTHER WAYS APPARENTLY THEIR IS SOME IDIOT THERE WHO THINKS THIS IS A GOOD IDEA THIS NEWSPAPER IS NOT THAT GOOD.
The Watcher

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Aug 22, 2011
Gettysburg is doing the same thing. Tough times lead to tough decisions. Apparently the current system was not cutting it. That being advertisers footed the bill for your free news reading. Guess that no longer remained profitable.

Businesses evolve. Find another venue while you can. It will soon dry up as well. Nothing is free.

Buy a paper if you care you cheap bastards.
prayful

Marysville, PA

#5 Aug 23, 2011
Since York Daily Record & York Dispatch own's Hanover Evening Sun too,and they never made enough money over all the years they've been in business. Hanover news paper isn't worth buying anymore.Weekly paper's are about four full size sheet's of paper.People should just stop buying it.Just fill's up your recycling bin's
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Park, FL

#6 Aug 23, 2011
prayful wrote:
Since York Daily Record & York Dispatch own's Hanover Evening Sun too,and they never made enough money over all the years they've been in business. Hanover news paper isn't worth buying anymore.Weekly paper's are about four full size sheet's of paper.People should just stop buying it.Just fill's up your recycling bin's
the hanover evening sun is great to wrap crab shells in.
Dick Gozinya

Carlisle, PA

#7 Aug 24, 2011
The Hanover Evening Sun Paper is starting to slit it's own throat!When my subscriptions up I'm done! All they print is their views on politics, Gays & liberals can do no wrong!! If anyone makes a comment they don't agree with it gets deleted one way or the other. Somehow I can't believe these people are actually of local decent?? Seems to me like they migrated in here from New York City!
Wondering

Hanover, PA

#8 Aug 25, 2011
Love your 'handle'.
Dick Gozinya

Shippensburg, PA

#9 Aug 25, 2011
Wondering wrote:
Love your 'handle'.
He He He,, pretty slick LOL
dumb

Hanover, PA

#10 Aug 25, 2011
I agree Dick! People that are from this area all their life are very good as slinging mud back and forth...we don't cry about little crap instead we put on our big boy pants and give it back whether it is racial, name calling, slander or a ton of other reasons...Afterall, it is the "Hanover Way".

I fit in just right around here...I love a good argument whether I win or lose!
Disgusted

Biglerville, PA

#11 Aug 27, 2011
Dick Gozinya wrote:
The Hanover Evening Sun Paper is starting to slit it's own throat!When my subscriptions up I'm done! All they print is their views on politics, Gays & liberals can do no wrong!! If anyone makes a comment they don't agree with it gets deleted one way or the other. Somehow I can't believe these people are actually of local decent?? Seems to me like they migrated in here from New York City!
I agree!
The Sun is really over-zealous with regard to their censorship of other people's opinions.

Just try writing something that is critical of their reporting or opinions and it will be clobbered in short order.

Their censorship practice is an indication that they lack self confidence that what they write will hold up to any kind of critical scrutiny.
LOL

Hanover, PA

#12 Aug 28, 2011
not surprised wrote:
I wouldn't pay a dime to read that liberal trash.
How long are you going to cry about our Leader...our President?

2016 is a long time to be crying....
FED UP

East Berlin, PA

#13 Aug 28, 2011
The Watcher wrote:
Gettysburg is doing the same thing. Tough times lead to tough decisions. Apparently the current system was not cutting it. That being advertisers footed the bill for your free news reading. Guess that no longer remained profitable.
Businesses evolve. Find another venue while you can. It will soon dry up as well. Nothing is free.
Buy a paper if you care you cheap bastards.
No one is asking for free...just a fair price!
The Watcher

Gettysburg, PA

#14 Aug 28, 2011
FED UP wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is asking for free...just a fair price!
Define "fair".
Your answer will be different than most others.
For the provider of said service fair is a point where he can make $. No makey money then no freebie service.
Dick Gozinya

Orrtanna, PA

#15 Aug 29, 2011
I subscribe to other papers, and if you have a subcription with them you can view their news online for free. Of course its not really free but at no extra charge. The Hanover Evening Sun is nothing but a bunch of Gay Liberal loving SOB's!and as soon as you voice your opinion you're deleted!
clever

Penfield, PA

#17 Sep 1, 2011
Come on people. it's not that bad.. there are ways to get around this.. I have figured 2 out. I would post but they will delete. I have it too where I can read 15 per month instead of their "5" and the other way is more of a group effort but is being done by alot of people.

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

#18 Sep 1, 2011
clever wrote:
Come on people. it's not that bad.. there are ways to get around this.. I have figured 2 out. I would post but they will delete. I have it too where I can read 15 per month instead of their "5" and the other way is more of a group effort but is being done by alot of people.
There's no way that The Evening Sun can delete posts on this forum. They don't have any connection with Topix anymore.
The group effort will work but that is an awful lot of work for a few people to beat the system.
clever

Penfield, PA

#19 Sep 2, 2011
JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no way that The Evening Sun can delete posts on this forum. They don't have any connection with Topix anymore.
The group effort will work but that is an awful lot of work for a few people to beat the system.
the group effort is very easy... 1 person can take care of 100 people.

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

#20 Sep 2, 2011
clever wrote:
<quoted text>
the group effort is very easy... 1 person can take care of 100 people.
Yes, that's correct and they could take care of 1000, or any number of people, for that matter.
But, that one person still has to deal with each individual item.
Refusa Topay

United States

#21 Sep 18, 2011
I refuse to pay to read an online paper with such poor reporting and so many broken & outdated links. Deliver a quality product before you attempt to charge me for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Wed snackman 5,492
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Oct 17 Leroy Smedlap 9
Snyder's Lance Oct 17 Long Time Lance Man 5
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... (Apr '14) Oct 14 Summa 30
Question Oct 5 Helpneeded 1
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Oct 3 anonymous 52
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep '14 Petal Power 1
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs