Heroin sentence 12 years

Full story: Evening Sun 92
One of the 13 rounded up in a drug bust in Littlestown last year pleaded guilty in federal court Friday. Full Story
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

#61 Nov 1, 2010
Haters wrote:
<quoted text>Oh...you must have a good Christian up bringing.... LOL!!!!!!!!!! Stop the hate.
I'm not a Christian nor do I care to be. What's that have to do with heroin? LOL!!!!!!!!!!
hah

Ephrata, PA

#62 Nov 2, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, it's not a mistake or an accident. It's a decision. A leader would be someone strong enough to not give in to such a bottom of the barrel situation and say "hey, this is wrong". It doesn't matter what he did, he's now another statistic. Sorry. A great father of setting an example of being an addict, awesome. That's my two CENTS. I don't have an ignorant opinion, I just hate druggies and addicts, period. Maybe you can't comprehend that looking through rose tinted glasses. As far as I'm concerned, he was part of a mess that's bringing this town and it's people down. Truth hurts.
You are a piece of shit. He was a great father, always doing anything he could for junior...he was too young to know anything and it was never done around him..so it set no example at all. You do have an ignorant opinion as in uneducated because you obviously know nothing about the subject I was talking about..If you had a close family member that was an addict, you would never "hate" them..trust me on that...and if you did, that just proves my point even more that you are literally a piece of shit. Nothing is sugar coated for me. I know what he did was wrong, and in the end it was a decision. I'm not stupid..I was simply stating the fact to another person (not you) that he was not influenced by anyone. You wanted to chime in and be the crappy person you are that's fine..This town's people are also being brought down by people like you who insist on drama. I am done with this, you obviously have nothing better to do than sit at home on a computer and try to mess with people's lives. Get a life of your own.
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

#63 Nov 2, 2010
hah wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a piece of ****. He was a great father, always doing anything he could for junior...he was too young to know anything and it was never done around him..so it set no example at all. You do have an ignorant opinion as in uneducated because you obviously know nothing about the subject I was talking about..If you had a close family member that was an addict, you would never "hate" them..trust me on that...and if you did, that just proves my point even more that you are literally a piece of ****. Nothing is sugar coated for me. I know what he did was wrong, and in the end it was a decision. I'm not stupid..I was simply stating the fact to another person (not you) that he was not influenced by anyone. You wanted to chime in and be the crappy person you are that's fine..This town's people are also being brought down by people like you who insist on drama. I am done with this, you obviously have nothing better to do than sit at home on a computer and try to mess with people's lives. Get a life of your own.
No, a piece of shit is someone that OD's on herion. What an example that sets for his kid/s. Oh, look I have no dad because he was a loser junkie. Right. I'll bet you do it too. P.o.s.
really

Spring Grove, PA

#64 Nov 2, 2010
I can tolerate a lot of things but I will never stand for people bad mouthing him that didn't know him....he was NOT a junkie...and no, I've never done it and never will. I've never done anything of the sort....and never will. I have a mind of my own thank you. N I'm gonna leave it at that n take my email off this list so I wont be informed of your crap anymore...seriously I feel bad for you, get a life. Karma is a bitch, youll get what you deserve some day.
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

#65 Nov 3, 2010
really wrote:
I can tolerate a lot of things but I will never stand for people bad mouthing him that didn't know him....he was NOT a junkie...and no, I've never done it and never will. I've never done anything of the sort....and never will. I have a mind of my own thank you. N I'm gonna leave it at that n take my email off this list so I wont be informed of your crap anymore...seriously I feel bad for you, get a life. Karma is a ****, youll get what you deserve some day.
How do you do heroin and OD if you're not a junkie? Lol. Too bad I don't believe in nonsense like karma, life is cause and effect. Karma, I get what I deserve yadda yadda yadda, I don't do heroin so I can't OD.
wake up

North East, MD

#66 Nov 4, 2010
really wrote:
I can tolerate a lot of things but I will never stand for people bad mouthing him that didn't know him....he was NOT a junkie...and no, I've never done it and never will. I've never done anything of the sort....and never will. I have a mind of my own thank you. N I'm gonna leave it at that n take my email off this list so I wont be informed of your crap anymore...seriously I feel bad for you, get a life. Karma is a ****, youll get what you deserve some day.
skum bag got his break he is in fed jail ac, tv,good meals,pool tables,man's meat stick what more could the skum bag ask for, after destroying others life with drugs should have 20+++
Back-in-Town

Brea, CA

#67 Nov 4, 2010
I do not understand or I missed something but how can a person be sentenced to 12 years in jail and be able to get out in 4.5 to 5.0 years? It appears to me that this young man was never educated by his parents in issues of what is right and what is wrong. He just did whatever he wanted to do and the hell with his parents and/or brothers. Perhaps he will learn that being a possible contributor to the deaths of at least two people & getting numerous others hooked on different illegal drugs does not make him a man - it makes him a coward!! Yes, I hope he works to change himself while he is in jail;
however, he should be made to serve at least 3/4 of his sentence. Anything less then good behavior should result in all 12 years.
Think RIGHT

Hanover, PA

#68 Nov 4, 2010
wake up wrote:
<quoted text>skum bag got his break he is in fed jail ac, tv,good meals,pool tables,man's meat stick what more could the skum bag ask for, after destroying others life with drugs should have 20+++
Pool tables and good meals? Wake up! You are clueless!
Barney

Shippensburg, PA

#69 Nov 5, 2010
Think RIGHT wrote:
<quoted text>Pool tables and good meals? Wake up! You are clueless!
Really check it out Barney
Think Right

Hanover, PA

#70 Nov 5, 2010
Barney wrote:
<quoted text>Really check it out Barney
Only two prisons in PA that have pool tables. How'd you know my name??????????
Barney

York, PA

#71 Nov 6, 2010
Think Right wrote:
<quoted text>Only two prisons in PA that have pool tables. How'd you know my name??????????
ONLY 2 that is just my point
Huh

Hanover, PA

#72 Nov 6, 2010
Barney wrote:
<quoted text>ONLY 2 that is just my point
Two prisons out of 36. Now what's your point? And which one gives inmates good food??????? LOL....
The Man

Shippensburg, PA

#73 Nov 21, 2010
larry wrote:
<quoted text> I dont consider getting out to wash cars at champion every day jail time . They stole from their grand parents and sold drugs. Brittany got the lightest sentence out of all of the others. she did not get any state prison time. It also took nearly a year and a half for her to even go to trial. talk about getting off easy. You wrong!
Yeah its called work release dumbass, And i can tell you’ve never seen a prison up state they would come out n go right back in you go up state your never the same its the truth. Now before i cut the brakes on that piece of shit truck you drive around Larry keep your hole shut! 5 years of probation is the best thing that could have happened should be 10 years if you ask me, that will help insure that they wont go back to drugs and steeling to support there habbit

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#74 Nov 22, 2010
First off, I'll start by offering my condolences to those of you who have lost children and family members to opiates and other drugs.

Now for the rest... A little about me if you don't mind.

First and foremost I am a productive member of society (by society's meager standards anyway).

I have a 50-60hr work week (comp time is a nice addition to vacation), I pay my taxes, have never been on welfare, and I do a lot of charity work as well as give back to the community.

I live an hour or so east from where all of this has happened

If I passed you on the street, you would nod your head, smile at me, and ask me how my day was going.

You would never guess that I was an opiate addict. Not all addicts steal, rape, and pillage the towns people. Addiction is a horrible thing, it's filled with poor decision making, a high mortality rate, and it is a remarkably hard thing to overcome.

Drugs and addiction are hard pills to swallow and it's victims are ever present. Please know that I don't condone anything that's been done by this gentleman, but I do know that we are responsible for our own choices and decisions.

This includes those that sell drugs as well as those that do them. I've been on all kinds of drugs throughout my life and nobody ever forced me to do them. They were available and I wanted to try them.
No I know that some of you might not understand this urge or desire to do "drugs", just like I don't understand why people jump out of planes or hurt themselves relentlessly like the guys in the jackass movies.

But they do it, and they enjoy it so who am I to judge them, just because I don't understand why they do it.

Now my situation is a little different than most, but isn't everyone's story a little different?
I don't do heroin (mostly because I don't know where to find it) and I get my "drugs" legally because it just worked out that way and I'm not the kind of guy that can walk down the popular drug streets and just "order" drugs.

Even so, people make choices and in doing so, they agree to live or die with the consequences of their actions.

Now their intentions might not be to get caught or die, but when you do drugs you know that "it" (the fun) will be short lived and then you must open "the door" and choose your path.

Casting judgment on one person for another persons choice is just plain wrong.

If all of your life someone told you not to walk on broken glass because your feet would get cut and you did it anyway, would you sue the company that made the glass? Would you seek to destroy the person who broke the glass that you walked on?

Of course you wouldn't, it was your fault!!(Now some of you might, but you're a different breed and blame everyone else for your own mistakes. So you don't count!)

You can't blame one person for the choice of another.

In the world of addicts we all make our choice to start, and it isn't until we are in too deep that we realize there is no way out. But I can't blame anyone else, because the choice was mine all along.

My heart goes out to all of the people that have lost loved ones to this terrible problem. The choice your loved one made came at a terrible price and should serve as an example to all of those who have this choice ahead of them.

In the last year and a half, I have been to several doctors, inquired about treatment, joined several programs, and none of them have helped.

I consider myself to be a realist. I am well educated, I have moral standards, I set and complete goals, and above all I am a considerate human and give back where and when I can.

I have a strong will and have on most occasions held my ground and beaten every odd stacked against me. I don't blame the world for my problems, nor do I believe that I am owed something in this this life.

I work for everything I have and have had, I have never taken from someone or from the system.

But I am an addict and to most of you that makes me a lowlife regardless of what I have done or will do.

My 2c
Rob

Hanover, PA

#75 Nov 22, 2010
TheFinest52 wrote:
First off, I'll start by offering my condolences to those of you who have lost children and family members to opiates and other drugs.
Now for the rest... A little about me if you don't mind.
First and foremost I am a productive member of society (by society's meager standards anyway).
I have a 50-60hr work week (comp time is a nice addition to vacation), I pay my taxes, have never been on welfare, and I do a lot of charity work as well as give back to the community.
I live an hour or so east from where all of this has happened
If I passed you on the street, you would nod your head, smile at me, and ask me how my day was going.
You would never guess that I was an opiate addict. Not all addicts steal, rape, and pillage the towns people. Addiction is a horrible thing, it's filled with poor decision making, a high mortality rate, and it is a remarkably hard thing to overcome.
Drugs and addiction are hard pills to swallow and it's victims are ever present. Please know that I don't condone anything that's been done by this gentleman, but I do know that we are responsible for our own choices and decisions.
This includes those that sell drugs as well as those that do them. I've been on all kinds of drugs throughout my life and nobody ever forced me to do them. They were available and I wanted to try them.
No I know that some of you might not understand this urge or desire to do "drugs", just like I don't understand why people jump out of planes or hurt themselves relentlessly like the guys in the jackass movies.
But they do it, and they enjoy it so who am I to judge them, just because I don't understand why they do it.
Now my situation is a little different than most, but isn't everyone's story a little different?
I don't do heroin (mostly because I don't know where to find it) and I get my "drugs" legally because it just worked out that way and I'm not the kind of guy that can walk down the popular drug streets and just "order" drugs.
Even so, people make choices and in doing so, they agree to live or die with the consequences of their actions.
Now their intentions might not be to get caught or die, but when you do drugs you know that "it" (the fun) will be short lived and then you must open "the door" and choose your path.
Casting judgment on one person for another persons choice is just plain wrong.
If all of your life someone told you not to walk on broken glass because your feet would get cut and you did it anyway, would you sue the company that made the glass? Would you seek to destroy the person who broke the glass that you walked on?
Of course you wouldn't, it was your fault!!(Now some of you might, but you're a different breed and blame everyone else for your own mistakes. So you don't count!)
You can't blame one person for the choice of another.
In the world of addicts we all make our choice to start, and it isn't until we are in too deep that we realize there is no way out. But I can't blame anyone else, because the choice was mine all along.
My heart goes out to all of the people that have lost loved ones to this terrible problem. The choice your loved one made came at a terrible price and should serve as an example to all of those who have this choice ahead of them.
In the last year and a half, I have been to several doctors, inquired about treatment, joined several programs, and none of them have helped.
I consider myself to be a realist. I am well educated, I have moral standards, I set and complete goals, and above all I am a considerate human and give back where and when I can.

I work for everything I have and have had, I have never taken from someone or from the system.
But I am an addict and to most of you that makes me a lowlife regardless of what I have done or will do.
My 2c
The average Joe will not understand any of this and will just want to call you names and throw rocks at you.
They will say you are a criminal.
Camel Joe

Hanover, PA

#76 Nov 22, 2010
TheFinest52 wrote:
I have a strong will and have on most occasions held my ground and beaten every odd stacked against me.
Then stop doing drugs.
larry

Hanover, PA

#77 Nov 23, 2010
The Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah its called work release ****, And i can tell you’ve never seen a prison up state they would come out n go right back in you go up state your never the same its the truth. Now before i cut the brakes on that piece of **** truck you drive around Larry keep your hole shut! 5 years of probation is the best thing that could have happened should be 10 years if you ask me, that will help insure that they wont go back to drugs and steeling to support there habbit
Im not afraid of you. Shut your mouth dork.
Duh

Hanover, PA

#78 Nov 23, 2010
Camel Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop doing drugs.
Oh that's brilliant....
hellooo

Paradise, PA

#79 Dec 1, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you do heroin and OD if you're not a junkie? Lol. Too bad I don't believe in nonsense like karma, life is cause and effect. Karma, I get what I deserve yadda yadda yadda, I don't do heroin so I can't OD.
You might not believe in karma..but in life there is ups and downs..we all make mistakes..the fact is those who think there perfect will have a day they are not..no matter how little or big..you want to call people losers..then i guess we all are..because no one does everything right all the time..the people that lose there family members and the community for losing safety..everyone loses when someone od's and when someone is using or selling..people od the first time or the 56th time..time is running out the minute you try it..kids make bad decisions all the time..your not necessarily an addict the first time you do it..and not necessarily a junkie..drugs are everywhere and people expirment..everyone has a bad day or moment
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

#80 Dec 1, 2010
hellooo wrote:
<quoted text>You might not believe in karma..but in life there is ups and downs..we all make mistakes..the fact is those who think there perfect will have a day they are not..no matter how little or big..you want to call people losers..then i guess we all are..because no one does everything right all the time..the people that lose there family members and the community for losing safety..everyone loses when someone od's and when someone is using or selling..people od the first time or the 56th time..time is running out the minute you try it..kids make bad decisions all the time..your not necessarily an addict the first time you do it..and not necessarily a junkie..drugs are everywhere and people expirment..everyone has a bad day or moment
Not doing everything right all the time has little to nothing to do with being a junkie. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone that makes mistakes aren't losers. Junkie gutter trash ARE losers. That is a simple concept, sorry you don't understand it.

Maybe you don't understand how (mainlining)heroin works. The first time you do it, you are a junkie or are going to be. Just how it is. You don't OD the first time you do it. You NEED more. You keep doing it until you eventually do OD. This is not experimenting. This is being a drug addicted loser. Selling it is not experimenting, it's being a loser. Getting other people hooked on it so you sell more so you can get more yourself is being a loser. Stop grasping at straws trying to defend the bane of our society as is at this time. Everyone that does it, deserves their impending OD. Might not be a month from now or 10 years but it will eventually happen. Until you end up in jail and have no choice but to quit. Sad reality it's either jail, intense rehab or death. It makes me sick how so many people pass off this most dangerous of all drugs as "experimenting, making mistakes" etc. Stop making excuses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sun Fred Dough 5,489
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Oct 17 Leroy Smedlap 9
Snyder's Lance Oct 17 Long Time Lance Man 5
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... Oct 14 Summa 30
Question Oct 5 Helpneeded 1
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Oct 3 anonymous 52
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 1
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs