Heroin sentence 12 years

Heroin sentence 12 years

There are 93 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jun 14, 2010, titled Heroin sentence 12 years. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

One of the 13 rounded up in a drug bust in Littlestown last year pleaded guilty in federal court Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Roger Bieber

Hanover, PA

#41 Aug 13, 2010
antitax wrote:
These kids always think bad things happen to other people,I think instead of taking them on a field trip to Hershey park they should take them to Camp Hill State Prison and see what the Consequences will be first hand.Back when I was a teen there was a show call Scared straight and it made me think twice about doing anything that would land me in prison.
LOL...Graterford Prison is even better.
Time to go

Hanover, PA

#42 Aug 22, 2010
Oh My wrote:
<quoted text>Wow...someone that knows the truth. Which prison is he in? Just wondering. I've been to half the prisons in the state. I was on the varsity softball team so I got to travel and play, plus I was transferred a few times.
So you know all about the burden of how much it cost for the collect calls, travel, and all the clothing an inmate needs to buy. LOL...and everyone thinks it's free. Those state boots with no insoles are hard on the feet. Some prisons up state aren't bad but some are not good.
He is in Coal Township near Shamokin. Yes, we know all about what it takes to support someone in prison. We love him and will continue to support him until he comes home! Once home, we will help him re-establish himself in the community. What a great day that will be!! Always looking up.....God bless you.
Roger Bieber

Hanover, PA

#43 Aug 22, 2010
Time to go wrote:
<quoted text>
He is in Coal Township near Shamokin. Yes, we know all about what it takes to support someone in prison. We love him and will continue to support him until he comes home! Once home, we will help him re-establish himself in the community. What a great day that will be!! Always looking up.....God bless you.
Coal Township is about the worst prison in the state. If he can get a level 2 clearance, he should get his counselor to be transferred to Waynesburg. It's probably around 30 miles south of Pittsburgh. This is the best place for him if his time is short.
Time to go

Hanover, PA

#44 Aug 23, 2010
Roger Bieber wrote:
<quoted text>Coal Township is about the worst prison in the state. If he can get a level 2 clearance, he should get his counselor to be transferred to Waynesburg. It's probably around 30 miles south of Pittsburgh. This is the best place for him if his time is short.
Camp Hill and Graterford are the worst prisons in the state...He's got 4 1/2 years left. He is a level 3 now. He will become a level 2 in December. He's coping well there. He doesn't have too many issues with the CO's or the other inmates.(You know which ones I mean if you are familiar with that prison) Like I said earlier, he keeps himself very busy working in the kitchen, going to church, working out and walking 5 miles per day on the track. He likes being in the dorm and is looking forward to his electrician classes in the fall. 30 miles south of Pittsburg would be a 7 hour round trip for us to visit him and we wouldn't be able to travel that every week.
Roger Bieber

Hanover, PA

#45 Aug 23, 2010
Time to go wrote:
<quoted text>
Camp Hill and Graterford are the worst prisons in the state...He's got 4 1/2 years left. He is a level 3 now. He will become a level 2 in December. He's coping well there. He doesn't have too many issues with the CO's or the other inmates.(You know which ones I mean if you are familiar with that prison) Like I said earlier, he keeps himself very busy working in the kitchen, going to church, working out and walking 5 miles per day on the track. He likes being in the dorm and is looking forward to his electrician classes in the fall. 30 miles south of Pittsburg would be a 7 hour round trip for us to visit him and we wouldn't be able to travel that every week.
Oh, Graterford...there is some history in that place. Old style prison with the big wall and gun towers. Lots of cock roaches and no air conditioning. Nice auditorium with up to date movies every month. It's like a movie theater. The cell blocks were around 200 yards long, then around 15 years ago they put a fence up around the 100 yard mark for safety reasons.

Breakfast was the best meal there. Good pancakes and french toast and you could take as much as you want if you were slick. They didn't have fried chicken too often. That caused too many riots. LOL!

Very interesting place Graterford is. They have correctional industries there so some inmates can save some decent money over the years.

If you are on E block or D block, you have a long walk to the yard. That's what inmates do...walk a lot. Graterford is like a big city. The way some of the cells are decorated is really interesting. In the newer prisons like Coal Township, the rules are more strict.
The man

Hanover, PA

#46 Aug 30, 2010
Free the Pate sisters! Wayne i hope you get the chair.
larry

Littlestown, PA

#47 Aug 30, 2010
The man wrote:
Free the Pate sisters! Wayne i hope you get the chair.
They are on work release. how could it be any better. they did not get anything.
Elizabeth Phifer USA

Harpers Ferry, WV

#48 Aug 31, 2010
Time to go wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE!!!! This sounds like a brave soldier passing time in Afghanistan. He is Not! He is a criminal paying for his crime!!
The most important thing is what will his behavior BE when he is FREE? Has he accepted his responsiblity in the destruction of others? Will he continue to use people to get HIS needs met? Will he continue to sell, use drugs and hook others? Will he be back on the streets being MR COOL? Will he know that when he chooses the behavior, he chooses the consequence? Will jail change Wayne???? Will it be Support or Co-dependence ?????? 4 1/2 years, if only the dead could come back in 4 1/2 years. That sentence is Forever!! No happy day for the dead!! Get some treatment!!!!!!!
Your Patriot

Hanover, PA

#49 Aug 31, 2010
Elizabeth Phifer USA wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE!!!! This sounds like a brave soldier passing time in Afghanistan. He is Not! He is a criminal paying for his crime!!
The most important thing is what will his behavior BE when he is FREE? Has he accepted his responsiblity in the destruction of others? Will he continue to use people to get HIS needs met? Will he continue to sell, use drugs and hook others? Will he be back on the streets being MR COOL? Will he know that when he chooses the behavior, he chooses the consequence? Will jail change Wayne???? Will it be Support or Co-dependence ?????? 4 1/2 years, if only the dead could come back in 4 1/2 years. That sentence is Forever!! No happy day for the dead!! Get some treatment!!!!!!!
What are you so hateful about? Did he take responsibility for the destruction of others? What others are you talking about? Hook others? How do you do that? Why don't you tell us all your story about Wayne. We all want to know. Do the right thing and inform all us innocent victims.
Time to go

Hanover, PA

#50 Sep 2, 2010
Elizabeth Phifer USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Liz, First of all, I don't know Wayne. This post wasn't about Wayne. It was about the help Wayne COULD get while in prison if HE chooses. The Lord commands us to forgive and walk with Him. Maybe Wayne will turn his life around from the programs in prison or maybe he won't. If he does I will commend Wayne, because it won't be easy surrounded by others in prison who just don't care. People can change and turn their life around. Not everyone is like you and never made a mistake in their life. Jesus loves you too...
parent

Chambersburg, PA

#51 Sep 13, 2010
Josh wrote:
wayne had a heroin addiction he sold drugs to support his habit just like anyone else does like stealin lyin cheatin prostituion we love you wayne and miss you dearly i am not looking past what he has done was wrong but we love you
your an idiot for loving someone like him!!!
he is all about him!!!
parent

Chambersburg, PA

#52 Sep 13, 2010
helloooo wrote:
<quoted text>no not like everyone else when you sell you affect yourself , your family and community..being at a party offering to others and then making a profit..and then there are the people who he didnt charge a thing too just so they would get so addicted; they come back for more until that was all they lived or died for..dont understand how davidson got 8 years and wayne got 12 though
ha ha i do!!!! it's all about being persitant!!!
The man

Bellefonte, PA

#53 Sep 23, 2010
larry wrote:
<quoted text> They are on work release. how could it be any better. they did not get anything.
Wrong they got 13 and 14 months of jail time n got on work release in july, both will be on probation for 5 years..ive talked to both of them its there asshole boyfriends at the time that got them into heroin there for wayne and zane and who ever else can hit the chair!
larry

Littlestown, PA

#54 Sep 24, 2010
The man wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong they got 13 and 14 months of jail time n got on work release in july, both will be on probation for 5 years..ive talked to both of them its there **** boyfriends at the time that got them into heroin there for wayne and zane and who ever else can hit the chair!
I dont consider getting out to wash cars at champion every day jail time . They stole from their grand parents and sold drugs. Brittany got the lightest sentence out of all of the others. she did not get any state prison time. It also took nearly a year and a half for her to even go to trial. talk about getting off easy. You wrong!
Dave

Newville, PA

#55 Oct 24, 2010
You hit the nail right on the head former student.
devins fiance

Spring Grove, PA

#56 Oct 31, 2010
Good4 Him wrote:
I hope he rots in there, he has ruined too many lives by poisoning children and getting them addicted, he was one of the many that started this epidemic here in the greater hanover area. just a few days ago we lost another life to heroine addiction, and i cant help but wonder if he was a influence on that young man, rip devin roach
not sure who you are but im sure you don't know anything about Dev...no one influenced him he was his own man and he was struggling n made some mistakes......thats it.. he was not a follower he was a leader.
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

#57 Oct 31, 2010
devins fiance wrote:
<quoted text>
not sure who you are but im sure you don't know anything about Dev...no one influenced him he was his own man and he was struggling n made some mistakes......thats it.. he was not a follower he was a leader.
Making a mistake would be forgetting to get a gallon of milk at the store. I don't see anything to be proud about being a "leader" in this case.
Devins Fiance

Spring Grove, PA

#58 Oct 31, 2010
Whoever you are, you wouldn't be able to say anything about him, would you? No. He was a leader, you can ask anyone who knew him. He was a star on his high school football team, he provided for his family when he needed to, he was a great father and uncle, he worked his ass off. He came up from a family with nothing and lost his father at the age of 13 and still managed to help take care of 7 people mentally and physically. So yes, he was a great example of someone who could do anything they put their mind to. A mistake is to be in error, in anything including action. An accident is forgetting milk. Rather than trying to get your two sense in with someone who obviously knows a lot more about the subject than you do.. you should get off your high horse and shove that ignorant opinion somewhere else.
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

#59 Nov 1, 2010
Devins Fiance wrote:
Whoever you are, you wouldn't be able to say anything about him, would you? No. He was a leader, you can ask anyone who knew him. He was a star on his high school football team, he provided for his family when he needed to, he was a great father and uncle, he worked his ass off. He came up from a family with nothing and lost his father at the age of 13 and still managed to help take care of 7 people mentally and physically. So yes, he was a great example of someone who could do anything they put their mind to. A mistake is to be in error, in anything including action. An accident is forgetting milk. Rather than trying to get your two sense in with someone who obviously knows a lot more about the subject than you do.. you should get off your high horse and shove that ignorant opinion somewhere else.
That's funny, it's not a mistake or an accident. It's a decision. A leader would be someone strong enough to not give in to such a bottom of the barrel situation and say "hey, this is wrong". It doesn't matter what he did, he's now another statistic. Sorry. A great father of setting an example of being an addict, awesome. That's my two CENTS. I don't have an ignorant opinion, I just hate druggies and addicts, period. Maybe you can't comprehend that looking through rose tinted glasses. As far as I'm concerned, he was part of a mess that's bringing this town and it's people down. Truth hurts.
Haters

Hanover, PA

#60 Nov 1, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, it's not a mistake or an accident. It's a decision. A leader would be someone strong enough to not give in to such a bottom of the barrel situation and say "hey, this is wrong". It doesn't matter what he did, he's now another statistic. Sorry. A great father of setting an example of being an addict, awesome. That's my two CENTS. I don't have an ignorant opinion, I just hate druggies and addicts, period. Maybe you can't comprehend that looking through rose tinted glasses. As far as I'm concerned, he was part of a mess that's bringing this town and it's people down. Truth hurts.
Oh...you must have a good Christian up bringing.... LOL!!!!!!!!!! Stop the hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Dec 7 You are a loser 7,192
Is Sam's Club Still Planned for Gateway? (Nov '13) Nov 22 Amanda 2
News Power outage hits rush hour (May '10) Nov 20 David Dell 16
News Ex-security guard charged in thefts at Hanover ... (May '11) Oct '16 Private 6
News Police: Littlestown woman bites child as discip... Oct '16 privone2001 3
Ummmm......yeah Oct '16 waitwhatwhowhenho... 1
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul '16 jim thompson 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages