Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas

Full story: The York Daily Record

TREAT No set time East Hopewell Township North Hopewell Township Oct. 28 Hanover, 6 to 8 p.m. Oct.
Comments
41 - 49 of 49 Comments Last updated Oct 15, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wow people kill me

York, PA

#43 Oct 22, 2012
You know what let people live the way they want and yes be glad that your kids can still trick or treat and stop judging people and mind your own how can you people sit here and complain about anything you only live once do what you want as long as it isn't breaking. The darn law stop crying and grow the heck up. All I did was get on here so I can find out the date and time when me and my son can hand out candy and enjoy the kids being in there costumes but no I have to see people complaining about stupid stuff thanks for wasting my search on you idiots that are complaining I didn't want to comment but I am one of those parents that always took my son out as many times as he wanted and got a ton of candy so your saying my sons happiness is greed well you can kiss something but I always give back to other kids either the same or always more so find something else to bi**h about like the way the government runs our lives.
irish

Hanover, PA

#44 Oct 22, 2012
I know some kids who s parents need to monitor their computer usage. Since i AM an adult, and a taxpayer, I ll complain about whatever I please, especially when Im paying for it. Now, go do your homework.
Tracy

United States

#45 Oct 22, 2012
If you are divorced it is wonderful! I take my kids to one night and he takes them another, with only 2 hours to trick-or-treat it is difficult to get it in with a little time with one parent and the rest with another!
Truth Hurts

Hanover, PA

#46 Oct 25, 2012
Truth: The real reason Halloween was moved was due to a freakishly high volume off Catholics. They wanted to take the Pagan part out of the holiday. The same type of motive is why if you are a non-corporate business you can not be open on a Sunday or have a yard sale on your own land. They wish to try to force you to keep the sabbath day holy and if the pews are not full due shopping then the church loses money. This is also why the Catholics get so angry when people ask "why is it this way?". Truth is if even one person challenged these laws they *if following the law* would have to strike them down.
Littlestown Family

Gettysburg, PA

#47 Oct 31, 2012
What?? You are blaming catholics for your misconception of reality? Get real "truth hurts". You are dellusional and bias. If people would wake up and start putting the children first, we wouldn't be such a dysfunctional society.
Truth Hurts

Hanover, PA

#48 Oct 31, 2012
Littlestown Family wrote:
What?? You are blaming catholics for your misconception of reality? Get real "truth hurts". You are dellusional and bias. If people would wake up and start putting the children first, we wouldn't be such a dysfunctional society.
Truth: My post is almost a direct quote from a phone call I had with town hall. It is NOT my opinion is is the reason given to me by city hall. By the way how does having Halloween a week early put children first? How it a safety issue? I could care less really I'd be happy if they did away with the whole holiday.
Brian

Harrisburg, PA

#49 Jul 23, 2013
I figured I would respond as I have lived in Hanover for 10 years and made it my mission to find out why no trick or treat on the 31st.Here goes seems the date was in acted to keep the pranksters in check and the religious peeps in town happy.In furthering my research I wouldn't say it was banned but there was a time when trick or treatinging was not permitted in Hanover a compromise was struck.You have to remember the history of Hanover it was a industrial town where child labor was common so a big deal about holidays as not spread among families.
Joe

Hanover, PA

#51 Oct 7, 2013
Jennifer wrote:
So are these set times the result of ordinances? Why do some communities schedule trick-or-treating on a day that is not Halloween? What happens if kids try to trick-or-treat on a day that is not "scheduled" for it?
It seems very odd to me. I was not "born and raised in PA," but I live there now, and have for several years.
Because PA is full of backward retards. You should have figured that out first time driving their roads, and seeing all the mutants walking the streets.
Country girl

York, PA

#52 Oct 15, 2013
Wow! This is an bold blog! I'm NOT from Pa, I'm proudly born and raised in Va, but I have called Northern York county home for the last 7 yrs. I Do have 2 kids and I HATE trick or treating being days other than Oct 31 st! I think it's too confusing for parents AND kids to have so many different nights! The calendar shows Halloween on the 31st! We don't celebrate any other holiday on a different date, why should this be any different? It has and always will seem very strange and odd to me! Besides, it's hard on the kids who attend extra curricular activities when half of their friends/team mates are going on different nights . It's also hard to schedule practices and such for the younger ones around so many different dates! I do agree that it seems a bit greedy to want your child to go to several trick or treating nights just to get more candy! Lets face it, they shouldn't eat half of what they get anyway. We get enough candy from our one small neighborhood to last until Christmas or later! And Yes, before some dum-dum says it, I DO let my kids eat candy! If you want your child to go out so much, then take them to the mall or a nice party with friends before/after your designated treating night.
I love Halloween , as seen by my decorating, but it should be kept to just one date...just my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 12 hr bacon hater 51,299
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 12 hr Ssl 5,426
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 15 hr Knows he lost 3,921
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••