DUI checkpoints planned

DUI checkpoints planned

There are 23 comments on the Evening Sun story from Oct 29, 2010, titled DUI checkpoints planned. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

This year, there's more to Halloween weekend than costume contests and bobbing for apples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sgt joe friday

Hanover, PA

#1 Oct 29, 2010
like to see how'll they will stop the witch on the broom. or some space ship. remember you damn drunks and stoners...stay home and party yourself into your usual stooper. maybe you'll save a life , yours and the person you hit under the influence.
BIG NUMBERS

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Oct 29, 2010
got get them dui arrests up by the end of the year for your bonus's!!!!!!!
lol

Hanover, PA

#3 Oct 29, 2010
sgt joe friday wrote:
like to see how'll they will stop the witch on the broom. or some space ship. remember you damn drunks and stoners...stay home and party yourself into your usual stooper. maybe you'll save a life , yours and the person you hit under the influence.
someone never got invited to a party in high school

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4 Oct 29, 2010
Completely unconstitutional, per the 4th Amendment.
amused

Westminster, MD

#5 Oct 29, 2010
ugh f*-off with your checkpoints and speeding tickets! do some REAL police work! 72 gangs in YORK, that should keep everyone busy enough!!!
local pig

Carlisle, PA

#6 Oct 29, 2010
Say what you will jonah hex but the courts deem them constitutional so...whatever. We don't interpret the law we enforce the law.

Big Numbers you are Big Stupid with that comment. If you think police get "bonuses" for arrests you are a moron.

Instead of the "bonuses" you speak about we are all being told by our local township supervisors that we have to cut our pay or officers have to be laid off. Now that affects public safety and also puts us (the grunt cops) in a position that compromises our safety. So we agree to lose the pay because what we really can't afford to do is lose cops. Yes we could drag it out with our unions but it is what it is.

So in effect I do like your bonus idea (even though you were being an ass but hey..it is extra money!). That could help make up for the pay cuts we are agreeing to take to save officers.

Just my $.02.
Bubba

Newburg, PA

#7 Oct 29, 2010
Total B.S.--and entirely unconstitutional.

Hey, I've got kids--I don't want drunks driving around, killing them or anyone else--but I also don't believe in illegal search & seizure, which is what this amounts to--where's the probable cause?

"CHECKPOINTS" are a hallmark of a fascist totalitarian Nanny State that's over-reached its legal bounds if I've EVER seen it.

Come on now--wake up!

Liberty over tyranny, the individual > the state.
Do you really care

Duncannon, PA

#8 Oct 29, 2010
Thank you for your service!
local pig wrote:
Say what you will jonah hex but the courts deem them constitutional so...whatever. We don't interpret the law we enforce the law.
Big Numbers you are Big Stupid with that comment. If you think police get "bonuses" for arrests you are a moron.
Instead of the "bonuses" you speak about we are all being told by our local township supervisors that we have to cut our pay or officers have to be laid off. Now that affects public safety and also puts us (the grunt cops) in a position that compromises our safety. So we agree to lose the pay because what we really can't afford to do is lose cops. Yes we could drag it out with our unions but it is what it is.
So in effect I do like your bonus idea (even though you were being an ass but hey..it is extra money!). That could help make up for the pay cuts we are agreeing to take to save officers.
Just my $.02.
bb mom

Carlisle, PA

#9 Oct 29, 2010
hey local pig... Thank you. I admire you. The fact that you have to deal with ppl complaining that a neighbors dog pooped in their yard all the way to a druggie puking in your car, and you still go to work everyday to protect and serve... God bless you and I pray that one day you all get a bonus because you all deserve one!! As for the other idiots out there... I am glad they are doing this, I hope they nail alot of ppl and make a ton of money off of them too!! Because I don't want to lose our police officers to cuts in funding!
local pig

Carlisle, PA

#10 Oct 30, 2010
The grunt cops were out tonight in Adams County. Listenin to the radio Cumberland Twp PD got at least 5 or 6 during their DUI patrol. Good job CTPD.

Thank you for the kind words. It is the good people that make this job worth it...every day.
whatever

Scranton, PA

#11 Oct 30, 2010
local pig-quit whining and get to work...you get your pat on the back every Friday.

And what kinda cop thinks the courts are right about everything, anyway.

Sit down before you hurt yourself.
hallows Eve

Littlestown, PA

#12 Oct 30, 2010
Hope you all enjoy the social events this weekend. Remeber to be respectful to the officer at the checkpoint. He is doing us a favor keeping the Drunks off the roads. I have a few times encountered some drunk almost hitting me going to work. Go figure the drunk is drinking, and I have gotten on duty yet. Seems that they all come out in the later hours of the early morning. Well save a life and drink with a disignated driver. or better yet stay home and enjoy a great evening. No bonus for me since its day light hours.
USA Patriot

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Oct 30, 2010
The funniest part about some of the comments I read around here is how much people claim to know about the law, or the US Constitution for that matter. It's as if they all want to be lawyers, or think they are. It's really quite humorous.

"It's unconstitutional," they say, but they probably wouldn't know which article, section, or amendment has to do with searches and seizures, due process, or equal protection.(Hint: There's more than one.)

I really get a chuckle when I read all these people be all "big and bad" at the police, but they are the same people whose rectal orifice tightens up and (in men) testicles rise into their abdomen at the sight of a cop. You know who you are, and you know how you react.

Anyway, mad props, as the kids say, to the men and women in uniform (cops, soldiers, firefighters, etc.). You're out there risking it all every day and night so that idiots like us on these comment boards can be disrespectful towards you without any fear of persecution by the State. Keep up the good work. We don't live in a failed state (like Los Angeles or Detroit) because of you, and I thank you for that.
Fire Marshal Bill

Lancaster, PA

#14 Oct 30, 2010
Jonah Hex wrote:
Completely unconstitutional, per the 4th Amendment.
I also believe the course have upheld the constitutionality of this issue.

But my believe is that if you are violating the law, ANY LAW, and get caught I don't care how they did it. Even this excuse of entrapment. Bull no amount in enticement can get an honest person to violate the law.

Since: Dec 07

Arlington, VA

#15 Oct 30, 2010
Cops' advice: don't talk (Fifth Amendment), don't walk (the straight line), don't blow (into the breathalyzer), don't go (voluntarily to the hospital for a blood test). Better yet, don't drive under the influence! Pay a designated driver to stay properly stoked to haul your alcoholic arses around.
pigs

Hanover, PA

#16 Oct 31, 2010
amused wrote:
ugh f*-off with your checkpoints and speeding tickets! do some REAL police work! 72 gangs in YORK, that should keep everyone busy enough!!!
you think these wussy pigs would go after a GANG in YORK? they're terrified. thats why its so easy to cruise up and down baltimore st. allllll day and pull people over for traffic violations!
Fire Marshal Bill

Lancaster, PA

#17 Oct 31, 2010
Jeff Spangler wrote:
Cops' advice: don't talk (Fifth Amendment), don't walk (the straight line), don't blow (into the breathalyzer), don't go (voluntarily to the hospital for a blood test). Better yet, don't drive under the influence! Pay a designated driver to stay properly stoked to haul your alcoholic arses around.
Especially that last point.
local pig

Carlisle, PA

#18 Oct 31, 2010
Jeff Spangler wrote:
Whoever gave that advice has no idea what they are talking about except for don't give voluntary incriminating statements and don't drive under the influence.

The O'Connell warning (in PA I see you are from VA) states plainly that you will be subject to more severe penalties if you do not give the blood test and the BAC will be assumed to be at the HIGHEST rate.

Field test breathalyzers cannot be used against you in court.

If you are good at standing on one foot or walking a line it can be mitigating evidence. Most of the time the field tests are video taped so it is what it is.

Every DUI stop that I have been witness to where the driver refuses field tests have been arrested regardless.
sgt joe friday

Hanover, PA

#19 Nov 2, 2010
hey drivers , the police are now are asking if you are driving while taking RX meds or over the counter drugs.local gov't needs your money...so watch out...what you say , you might be busted for DUI for taking allergy meds.
local pig

Carlisle, PA

#20 Nov 2, 2010
sgt joe friday wrote:
hey drivers , the police are now are asking if you are driving while taking RX meds or over the counter drugs.local gov't needs your money...so watch out...what you say , you might be busted for DUI for taking allergy meds.
CLUE!! If your Rx meds have a little label that says "may cause drowsiness" or "do not operate machinery" DO NOT DRIVE! It is common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Dec 9 Zoo 72 7,455
Snyder's Lance - Morrisville NC Dec 5 John Doe 11
Rumor: McSherrystown Bypass is near. Nov 28 Mike _ Brushtown 1
traffic in mcsherrystown (Apr '13) Nov 22 Mike 2
News Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct '17 JT100uk 40
Fill dirt (Jun '17) Aug '17 Ticklish 10
News Hanover-area man charged in child sex sting (Aug '12) Aug '17 Walt 11

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance