Police: Thefts fed heroin habit

There are 19 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 27, 2009, titled Police: Thefts fed heroin habit. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A Penn Township man faces charges after police allege he stole his brother's identity and forged checks in his name to feed a heroin addiction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Mark Montgomery

New York, NY

#1 Mar 27, 2009
This man is a heroin addict. His habit forced him to steal because heroin is illegal. If heroin were legal he could have bought his heroin in a local drug store for under 50 cents a dose and he wouldn't have been forced to steal to feed his habit. Heroin and ALL drugs should be legalized now. The first benefit would be that 90% of the drug overdoses would end because users would know precisely the strength of the drug they are using. Neighborhoods around the user would benefit because now the user doesn't need to steal to feed his habit. The community and the users would also benefit because instead of being locked up for decades and costing $35,000 a year to keep him housed in prison just because he likes to get high the user would now have a chance to fit into society and work (many meth addicts are EXCELLENT workers). So you think my ideas are ridiculous? It can never happen? Think again. A very responsible group of law enforcement officers have gotten together and created an organization which seeks to legalize ALL drugs, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.(leap.cc)I saw one of their representatives interviewed on CNN and these officers are the real deal. I've already donated $25 dollars to them. Look, we've spent 37 years and wasted over a TRILLION dollars on this foolish war on drugs and we're not even an inch closer to stopping drugs. Let's legalize drugs and let the police spend their time arresting REAL criminals, not folks who just like to get high.

Since: Jan 09

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Mar 28, 2009
Mark Montgomery wrote:
This man is a heroin addict. His habit forced him to steal because heroin is illegal. If heroin were legal he could have bought his heroin in a local drug store for under 50 cents a dose and he wouldn't have been forced to steal to feed his habit. Heroin and ALL drugs should be legalized now. The first benefit would be that 90% of the drug overdoses would end because users would know precisely the strength of the drug they are using. Neighborhoods around the user would benefit because now the user doesn't need to steal to feed his habit. The community and the users would also benefit because instead of being locked up for decades and costing $35,000 a year to keep him housed in prison just because he likes to get high the user would now have a chance to fit into society and work (many meth addicts are EXCELLENT workers). So you think my ideas are ridiculous? It can never happen? Think again. A very responsible group of law enforcement officers have gotten together and created an organization which seeks to legalize ALL drugs, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.(leap.cc)I saw one of their representatives interviewed on CNN and these officers are the real deal. I've already donated $25 dollars to them. Look, we've spent 37 years and wasted over a TRILLION dollars on this foolish war on drugs and we're not even an inch closer to stopping drugs. Let's legalize drugs and let the police spend their time arresting REAL criminals, not folks who just like to get high.
Please just share whatever it is that you are on!!! lmao. Like they wouldn't overdose on prescription strength.. that is funny
uncle sal

Sicklerville, NJ

#3 Mar 28, 2009
i say " hot shots " for all the smack dopers. undertakers need the business. you wonder why downtown hanover is starting to look the way it does. crime pays.. its big business for law enforcement and the courts.
NancyB

Farmington, CT

#4 Mar 28, 2009
Painkiller & Heroin Addiction help.

Buprenorphine (Suboxone) is a medication when combined with therapy treats the medical condition of opioid addiction in the privacy of a doctor's office. FDA approved in 2002, this treatment has improved quality of life for patients and provided dignity to opiate addiction treatment.

The naabt.org Patient/Physician Matching System has connected 19,327 patients with at least one of the 2,461 participating physicians.

This confidential System naabtList.org helps connect people addicted to opioids to doctors providing buprenorphine treatment. The free 24/7 service lets patients reach out for help anytime with privacy.

Patient registration is fast. A short list of questions helps match patients to physicians. All information is confidential residing on a secure server. Once the application is sent, emails are sent to physicians. The System then allows the physician to contact patients confidentially by email.

For information visit www.naabt.org
Wow

York, PA

#5 Mar 28, 2009
Oh Mark..you say this now.

What about one of those addicts, on legalized heroin, high out of his mind hits your car. Your child is in the backseat. He KILLS your child. Will you still be singing the same tune?
Sure, it happens now, but if it's legalized, I think it will be an even bigger problem.

Someone forgot to insert his brain this morning.
Moron Locator

Germantown, MD

#6 Mar 28, 2009
Mark Montgomery wrote:
Yes folks, these people are out there AND believe in this nonsense. Imagine a generation of stoned losers out there. I'm sure old Mark wouldn't mind having a stoned doctor or nurse take care of him because meth users are excellent workers! I'm also sure that he wouldn't mind getting on a plane with stoned pilots. Hell, it might even be fun doing loops in a jet! This clown has fried his brain long ago.

“Depraved Indifference”

Since: Dec 08

Ronin

#7 Mar 28, 2009
Bozo Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Please just share whatever it is that you are on!!! lmao. Like they wouldn't overdose on prescription strength.. that is funny
He won't share with you, since you obviously don't agree with his "drug utopia" mentality
....they should OD and be gone...no sympathy here....
tin lizzie

San Antonio, TX

#8 Mar 28, 2009
Wow wrote:
Oh Mark..you say this now.
What about one of those addicts, on legalized heroin, high out of his mind hits your car. Your child is in the backseat. He KILLS your child. Will you still be singing the same tune?
Sure, it happens now, but if it's legalized, I think it will be an even bigger problem.
Someone forgot to insert his brain this morning.
he's talking out his butt. they will still be spaced out on drugs, not working and will STILL steal, pillage and plunder to get money for their fix. all we need is lot more out of their mind idiots, killing, raping,carrying guns, and violating those that want quality in their lives.
Ariverinegypt

Plainsboro, NJ

#9 Mar 28, 2009
I wonder if he will be able to write a check to post bail....?
Off Track

Carlisle, PA

#10 Mar 28, 2009
Make it legal? Dude!

When did you ever get a dose of anything at the pharmacy for 50 cents? And the doses won't increase? Who's going to cover that? Insurance? Oh, yeah, that comes out to, ummm, US. Who will pay for this legal drug: all of us who are writing here will. And we'll still have folks who are "legally" rotting away and still making altered, i.e., bad, decisions that will invariably end up affecting all of us. Dress it up however you like, but heroin is still nasty, ugly, heroin.
Bridget

York, PA

#11 Mar 28, 2009
NancyB wrote:
Painkiller & Heroin Addiction help.
Buprenorphine (Suboxone) is a medication when combined with therapy treats the medical condition of opioid addiction in the privacy of a doctor's office. FDA approved in 2002, this treatment has improved quality of life for patients and provided dignity to opiate addiction treatment.
The naabt.org Patient/Physician Matching System has connected 19,327 patients with at least one of the 2,461 participating physicians.
This confidential System naabtList.org helps connect people addicted to opioids to doctors providing buprenorphine treatment. The free 24/7 service lets patients reach out for help anytime with privacy.
Patient registration is fast. A short list of questions helps match patients to physicians. All information is confidential residing on a secure server. Once the application is sent, emails are sent to physicians. The System then allows the physician to contact patients confidentially by email.
For information visit www.naabt.org
You can also go to www.Suboxone.com to find a doctor in your area that does this type of program.
Wilkes

Hanover, PA

#12 Mar 28, 2009
Ariverinegypt wrote:
I wonder if he will be able to write a check to post bail....?
Only if he is a politican, commissioner, etc. Bet it might be part of the 3 trillion dollars
tonka

Dallas, PA

#13 Mar 28, 2009
Mark Montgomery wrote:
are u crazy? maybe legalize the greens but not herion. then there would be more overdoses and theft. i would not want my son being high all the time on something that ruins your life. any users would still steal and lie just to get it. how would they hold down a job being high? and u need to take drug test now for most jobs-so how would users get the money for it huh??i feel bad for the brother,now his credit is screwed.and with all the users how would a drugstore keep stock? they would get robbed.

Harrisburg, PA

#14 Mar 28, 2009
Sua Sponte wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't share with you, since you obviously don't agree with his "drug utopia" mentality
....they should OD and be gone...no sympathy here....
I love train wrecks don't you?

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Mar 28, 2009
OMG I can see the commercials already.

"Prescription strength Heroin, now available over the counter"

Then they will have to take 20 minutes to list all the possible side effects!..

Harrisburg, PA

#16 Mar 28, 2009
I wonder if they tried some a 'dat good stuff in West Bmore that just got out. I hear dey got da boms stuff this time . Down off Carey and Edmondson in Bmore. Seen em noddin' hard with my own eyes earlier today. Took a trip down to mah hometown.

Harrisburg, PA

#17 Mar 28, 2009
PurpleRavens wrote:
I wonder if they tried some a 'dat good stuff in West Bmore that just got out. I hear dey got da boms stuff this time . Down off Carey and Edmondson in Bmore. Seen em noddin' hard with my own eyes earlier today. Took a trip down to mah hometown.
STFU no one cares

Harrisburg, PA

#18 Mar 28, 2009
Bozo Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU no one cares
I know nobody cares, it is such a shame. I bet you are a pretty nice girl if you allow yourself to be.

“Depraved Indifference”

Ronin

#20 Mar 29, 2009
Bozo Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I love train wrecks don't you?
Esp. the slow motion train wrecks...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 1 hr WhateverWorks 5,756
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr 30 Trista Biddle 23
Snyder lance Apr 11 light0070702 2
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
Rachel Caltrider????? Mar '15 Just looking 1
Bald Eagle Live Stream, Hanover Mar '15 Birder1810 1
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]