Hanover gets state OK to attack sinkhole

Full story: Evening Sun

Jeff Lindow, of Hydro Terra Group, checks the depth of the water at the low-head dam where Hanover Borough received permission from the state Department of Environmental Protection to see if a sinkhole is forming.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2013
A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING

Horsham, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

quick call the paddock lady there is more hollow to save
Overtaxed

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

DEP required a week to issue a permit? Glad it was not an emergency. Maybe they had to get approval
from the EPA and the EPA had to get approval from
the UN Environmental Committee.
lived there

Elizabethtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

does anyone think these sinkholes could be connected to the Hanover Quarry..When we lived there, there was constant dynamiting and our house would shake miles away..why wouldn't this effect the roads, ect.
Hiding Something

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

It is foolish to believe that these sink holes are not caused by the quarry. All that ground water drains out of the ground and in to the deep quarry, creating gaps underground.(And then the quarry pumps that nasty green lime water back into the Conewago Creek. Am I the only one who thinks that something is not quite right here? Has any one else noticed the giant piece of plywood that the quarry put up to block the view of the nasty green water they pump into the creek?) And despite all these gaping sink holes, they continue to build houses right across the road from this giant quarry. And crazier yet, people are buying them. Don't be suprised when these houses cave into the ground.
A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING

Horsham, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Does anyone one remember the movie tremors? I think there is large undergound monsters in the area. Matter of fact every friday & saturday night I can hear a loud roaring sound coming from the brushtown and sometimes the abbottstown area. I cant expain this noise but its very disturbing to me I think these monsters may have taken shelter right here in conewago twp. soil Judging from the size of theese holes its only a matter of time until inocent lives are claimed by theese horrid creatures
fed up

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Can't get a permit to work on a sinkhole? What about the 200,000 gallons of oil pouring into the ocean everyday from yet another man made folly? The epa is nothing but a nuisance to smaller entities and pats the back of the abusers. What a joke.
can hunter

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Glad I dont live between hanover and New Oxford, this "HOLE" area is going to fall into the ground!
Hanover Resident

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

I would like to know if the that big branch he's using is an official piece of equipment issued to him by Hydro Terra Group. Looks high tech to me. LOL
hank

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING wrote:
Does anyone one remember the movie tremors? I think there is large undergound monsters in the area. Matter of fact every friday & saturday night I can hear a loud roaring sound coming from the brushtown and sometimes the abbottstown area. I cant expain this noise but its very disturbing to me I think these monsters may have taken shelter right here in conewago twp. soil Judging from the size of theese holes its only a matter of time until inocent lives are claimed by theese horrid creatures
there is a race track about 2 miles from abbottstown

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 hr Obamacare Surprise 51,274
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 4 hr New guy 5,415
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue But Not Hussein O... 3,898
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 22 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1

Search the Hanover Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••