An apology for Heidelberg Twp.

An apology for Heidelberg Twp.

There are 12 comments on the Evening Sun story from Aug 22, 2010, titled An apology for Heidelberg Twp.. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

I had previously submitted a letter in regard to Heidelberg Township and the lack of returned phone calls that I have received from them in the past.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1 Aug 23, 2010
Don't apologize to these people. They work for YOU! And I seriously doubt that the guy left you a message if you did not receive it. If he's upset that your letter makes Heidelberg Township look bad, then that's too friggin' bad.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 23, 2010
THAT IS WELL SAID! We lose sight that they WORK FOR US. Sadly, they were never told that.
Big John

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Aug 23, 2010
These men and women may work for you however you don't own them. The guy might not of returned the phone call because he was busy outside of the office. Then you b*tch and moan when these people sit in their office and answer the phones all day and do nothing else.. Blah, blah, blah! Do your customers where you work own you? Maybe the Township should raise your taxes to hire a person to answer the phone.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4 Aug 23, 2010
Big John wrote:
Maybe the Township should raise your taxes to hire a person to answer the phone.
Maybe the Township should just disband---how about THAT?
Neighbor

Duncannon, PA

#5 Aug 23, 2010
Maybe he did in fact return the call and mis-dialed the number, leaving a mesasge on the wrong answering machine.... While township employees work for the township residents (in a sense), you as a township resident are not their bosses. You elect their bosses. I applaud Mr. Stough for being a man and extending his hand in good faith. I'm sure the next time you call, your concerns will be addressed to your satisfaction.
Mary Ann

Waterloo, Canada

#6 Aug 23, 2010
While township employees work for the township residents (in a sense), you as a township resident are not their bosses. You elect their bosses.

This is the most sensible making statement that I have heard in a very long time. People think since they pay taxes that they can tell these workers how to do their jobs. Very well said!
kajen

Carlisle, PA

#7 Aug 23, 2010
These days apologies are few and far between. It is commendable that the writer considers he may have been wrong and tried to make it right.
Roadster

Hanover, PA

#8 Aug 24, 2010
How about not using the newspaper as a place to grandstand in the first place?
o my

Hanover, PA

#9 Aug 24, 2010
lol
FED UP

Reading, PA

#10 Aug 24, 2010
kajen wrote:
These days apologies are few and far between. It is commendable that the writer considers he may have been wrong and tried to make it right.
They sure are few and far between. The writer sets an excellent example!
Voice of Reason

Mifflin, PA

#11 Aug 24, 2010
Jonah Hex wrote:
Don't apologize to these people. They work for YOU! And I seriously doubt that the guy left you a message if you did not receive it. If he's upset that your letter makes Heidelberg Township look bad, then that's too friggin' bad.
Wow, you are obviously a Management Professional in the real world... I'll bet you are very successful.
Voice of Reason

Mifflin, PA

#12 Aug 24, 2010
Roadster wrote:
How about not using the newspaper as a place to grandstand in the first place?
very true

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Feb 22 Disgusted 7,224
Ummmm......yeah Feb 12 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb 2 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17
News Hanover man apologizes after fighting cop Dec '16 Fitus T Bluster 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages