Women's shelter goes 'public'

Women's shelter goes 'public'

There are 23 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jan 22, 2011, titled Women's shelter goes 'public'. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Often times, the location of a shelter that houses victims of domestic violence and sexual assault is kept secret to keep women safe from the abusers who might still be looking for them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Common sense

Gettysburg, PA

#26 Jan 25, 2011
mcharisse wrote:
Anyone who wants to post a list of men's shelters, or discuss the issue of abused men, is free to do so. The previous post was taken down because it didn't provide such information, it only bashed Survivors and told lies about its clients.
Marc
What you say is not true, "DUH" is the one who posted a comment that should have been taken down, but I replied to them with a list of mens shelters and that was taken down, no where in my post did I bash anyone or tell lies. I did tell "DUH" to shut up after I posted the lists, but that was the only thing I said.
No to violence

West Berlin, NJ

#27 Jan 28, 2011
Just to clarify, Survivors, Inc. does provide services (including shelter services) to all impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking, whether the person is a child, a woman, or a man.

Since: Dec 07

York Springs, PA

#28 Jan 28, 2011
Common sense:
It does appear your post was killed, but by a Topix administrator, not by me. I'm not sure why, because unlike us editors, they don't always list reasons on the deleted posts. You might try reposting it or contacting Topix.

Marc Charisse

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Apr 24 Cookieman 7,255
Shed foundation question Apr 19 Gettysburg Gay Bars 4
Ummmm......yeah (Oct '16) Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32
News Babies shaken or not? (Mar '08) Jan '17 Meep 17

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages