Traffic light at Cross Keys. Rt. 30 &...

Traffic light at Cross Keys. Rt. 30 & Rt. 94

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Driller

Carlisle, PA

#1 Aug 23, 2011
Many people in the New Oxford, Gettysbutg area are wondering why it takes all but a half hour to get from N. O. to Cross Keys almost every afternoon. Traffic backs up to the lite at the N. O. shopping center & many times almost into town. It appears the lite keeps traffic from 94 South going while traffic going 30 East is backed up so far. When the lite turns green for Rt. 30 East only lets about 7 to 9 vechiles through. Why can't this problem be changed. Longer green for Rt. 30 going East?
U R Ridiculus

Hanover, PA

#2 Aug 23, 2011
Driller wrote:
Many people in the New Oxford, Gettysbutg area are wondering why it takes all but a half hour to get from N. O. to Cross Keys almost every afternoon. Traffic backs up to the lite at the N. O. shopping center & many times almost into town. It appears the lite keeps traffic from 94 South going while traffic going 30 East is backed up so far. When the lite turns green for Rt. 30 East only lets about 7 to 9 vechiles through. Why can't this problem be changed. Longer green for Rt. 30 going East?
Stop lying! Doesn't take 1/2 hour.

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

#3 Aug 23, 2011
Driller wrote:
My guess is that it doesn't take anywhere close to a half hour to get between those points. It may be longer than it should be right now but wait until the reconstruction is completed, with new timing for the new traffic lights, and then see if it improves. I highly doubt that the problem you're complaining about is as bad as the traffic back-up going westbound into Abbottstown late in the afternoon where I've seen it backed-up well over a mile.
Driller

Carlisle, PA

#4 Aug 24, 2011
Maybe a half hour is overstated. It should take about a minute or minute & a half to go the mile from N. O. to Cross Keys. I say to U.R. Ridiculus, what is rediculus is the back up a lot of times on Thursdau & Fri afternoons of a mile. It's a mile from N. O. to Cross Keys. The lite should let more thru at a time, & stay green longer for 30 East.
Mike

York, PA

#5 Aug 28, 2011
Driller wrote:
Maybe a half hour is overstated. It should take about a minute or minute & a half to go the mile from N. O. to Cross Keys. I say to U.R. Ridiculus, what is rediculus is the back up a lot of times on Thursdau & Fri afternoons of a mile. It's a mile from N. O. to Cross Keys. The lite should let more thru at a time, & stay green longer for 30 East.
Oh shut up. That light stays green long enough. I guess you just dont know how to drive.
think b4 u write

Gettysburg, PA

#6 Aug 28, 2011
Driller wrote:
Do you realize the speed required to go a mile in one minute? I hope u do.
Given a red light or two you have an unrealisitc expectation in getting from point A to point B.
Driller

Biglerville, PA

#7 Aug 29, 2011
You-all are no doubt the ones that take a different route & don't set scratching your head & slapping the steering wheel when your stuck in the jam. Fri the 26th you should have been on 30 East & you would be talking a different story. Backed up to Aero Oil most of the time between 4:00oclock & 5:30 PM. As for the minute or minute to go the mile at 45mph, it's a minute & a half. Done this many many times.
Big Momma

Hanover, PA

#8 Aug 29, 2011
Driller wrote:
You-all are no doubt the ones that take a different route & don't set scratching your head & slapping the steering wheel when your stuck in the jam. Fri the 26th you should have been on 30 East & you would be talking a different story. Backed up to Aero Oil most of the time between 4:00oclock & 5:30 PM. As for the minute or minute to go the mile at 45mph, it's a minute & a half. Done this many many times.
Good thing Rite-Aid is on the way so you can buy some Kleenex.

Try going through York on an afternoon on Route 30.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Duo arrested in Littlestown car theft 2 hr Stimpy 3
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 3 hr Kerry Scheele 6,437
News Hanover-Adams homeless help community dig out Feb 4 Steve Gratman 2
News Cat dies after possible abuse in Hanover Feb 4 STINKCAT 11
Pa. Game commisssion sucks (Nov '11) Feb 1 Retired Deputy 30
News Cintas plant upgrades will result in a "state-o... (Jun '08) Jan 30 Proud partner 12
News York County High School adds campus in New Oxford (Jul '08) Jan 15 Steve Gratman 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages