Clean up after your dog

Clean up after your dog

There are 29 comments on the Evening Sun story from May 26, 2011, titled Clean up after your dog. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Those of you who have dogs and walk them on the streets of Hanover, please for the respect of others, clean up the poop.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steph

Shippensburg, PA

#1 May 27, 2011
Well thats a pretty shitty letter
Larry

Gwynn Oak, MD

#2 May 27, 2011
Hey dog people! Cleaning up after your pet is not limited to Hanover - it applies to everyone. And if you are one of those idiots that thinks it is OK to walk you dogs down a country road as if it was a neighborhood street, you better start moving off the pavement when cars approach from either direction because somebody is going to get hit and seriously injured, if not killed. I will be happy to testify on behalf of any driver that gets charged for hitting these inconsiderate pedestrians or their dogs. These people are a menace.
j walking

Hanover, PA

#3 May 27, 2011
Steph wrote:
LMAO! I just spit coffee out on that...
walking the dog

North Little Rock, AR

#4 May 27, 2011
Don't let the Hanover Police catch you or you'll be up Shit Creek without a paddle.
Rover

United States

#5 May 27, 2011
My owner wipes me after I crap in an alley.
Steph

Shippensburg, PA

#6 May 27, 2011
I crack myself up some times too !

Dear Larry,

What town do you live in because I never want to be walking in your neighborhood. You scare me !
Dr -Oz

Hanover, PA

#7 May 27, 2011
Steph wrote:
Dear Larry,
What town do you live in because I never want to be walking in your neighborhood. You scare me !
I dont wanna be in his family!
Hanover Local

Baltimore, MD

#8 May 27, 2011
Larry wrote:
Hey dog people! Cleaning up after your pet is not limited to Hanover - it applies to everyone. And if you are one of those idiots that thinks it is OK to walk you dogs down a country road as if it was a neighborhood street, you better start moving off the pavement when cars approach from either direction because somebody is going to get hit and seriously injured, if not killed. I will be happy to testify on behalf of any driver that gets charged for hitting these inconsiderate pedestrians or their dogs. These people are a menace.
Common curtosy of the dog walker would have them move to the far edge of the road so that peope can pass safely. But if you live in the country...or drive through the country...you should respect that people who reside there lead a more laid back lifestyle. That is the point of living in the country. If you're driving in THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD, slow down when you drive by someone...that way you don't have to worry about seriously injuring someone and/or their dog.
Steph

Shippensburg, PA

#9 May 27, 2011
Dr -Oz wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont wanna be in his family!
I bet he is a ball of laughs to be around on the holiday !
Jack Noff

New York, NY

#10 May 27, 2011
Steph wrote:
Keep your dang nabbit comments to urself whipper snapper!
Steph

Shippensburg, PA

#11 May 27, 2011
Jack Noff wrote:
<quoted text>Keep your dang nabbit comments to urself whipper snapper!
I thought my comment was a very funny pun. Sorry you have no sense of humor Jack Me Noff
Larry

Gwynn Oak, MD

#12 May 27, 2011
Steph wrote:
Dear Larry,
Nobody has more to be scared of than some country road driver that comes around the corner with pet walkers on the right and oncoming traffic on the left. I will definitely try to stop, but there is no way I'm hitting head-on traffic, instead of some goof that thinks the road is their sidewalk. This is a serious situation that is caused by thoughtless people - even in the Winter months when it is still dark outside! The grass on the side of the road is not so tall or wet that they can't get out of road.
Larry

Gwynn Oak, MD

#13 May 27, 2011
Hanover Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Common curtosy of the dog walker would have them move to the far edge of the road so that peope can pass safely. But if you live in the country...or drive through the country...you should respect that people who reside there lead a more laid back lifestyle. That is the point of living in the country. If you're driving in THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD, slow down when you drive by someone...that way you don't have to worry about seriously injuring someone and/or their dog.

Sorry, madam, but this is where I live - in the country and on a country road. Sometimes I could stand to be more laid back, but I have almost no respect for the people I mention, just as they have no respect for the narrow roadway or the frequent speeders, who will probably contribute toward the eventual tragedy.
Must be a Hanover grad

Harrisburg, PA

#14 May 27, 2011
Yep - gotta be

Since: Dec 07

Arlington, VA

#15 May 27, 2011
Most dog owners in my experience are perfectly content to live amid their puppies' excrement on their own property and don't care if you are offended by the uncivilized nature of their tolerance and disrepect in public. They (the owners) ought to be shot or imprisoned in a cage in a pound for the first offense. Just my opinion.
PETA

Hanover, PA

#16 May 27, 2011
Jeff Spangler wrote:
Most dog owners in my experience are perfectly content to live amid their puppies' excrement on their own property and don't care if you are offended by the uncivilized nature of their tolerance and disrepect in public. They (the owners) ought to be shot or imprisoned in a cage in a pound for the first offense. Just my opinion.
Shot? Really???
ktz

Hanover, PA

#17 May 27, 2011
AMEN! I have often seen Suzanne around the area and admire how she takes care of her dog and how well behaved the dog is.
hmm

Hanover, PA

#18 May 27, 2011
I told my neighbors that if they don't pick up their dog's feces, I will put it in a brown bag on their doorstep, light it on fire, and ring their doorbell. Actually, I'm too timid to do this, but I think it would teach them a lesson!
wow

Hanover, PA

#19 May 27, 2011
I know a guy who figured out who's dog was pooping in front of his garage (in an alley), cleaned up the poop for like a month and put it in a bucket. He then took the poop and put it right in front of the guys front door on his welcome mat and also put it right in front of the guys drivers side car door. They said they heard the guy cussing for about 10 minutes and figured he had found the presents left for him. But...I guess the guy got the point because poop hasn't been found in front of his garage since then.
Sooo

Kernersville, NC

#20 May 27, 2011
Just look at it as free fertilizer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photos: Annual shearing day at Littlestown alpacaa 3 hr Fitus T Bluster 1
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sun Cookieman 7,277
Shed foundation question Apr '17 Gettysburg Gay Bars 4
Ummmm......yeah (Oct '16) Feb '17 yawdim 3
News Tough economy forces Bentley's to close doors (Nov '09) Feb '17 Boo Hoo 58
News Woman accused of hitting man with belt at bar, ... Jan '17 Ed S 1
News Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jan '17 Tommy 32

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages