Hanover cracks down on parade chairs

Hanover cracks down on parade chairs

There are 88 comments on the Evening Sun story from Oct 29, 2009, titled Hanover cracks down on parade chairs. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

April Weese, Makayla Bucher, 2, and Dustin Weese from New Oxford save their spots on Baltimore Street on Wednesday night in preparation for tonight s 69th annual Hanover Halloween Parade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

dewsh

Harrisburg, PA

#44 Oct 29, 2009
Big Brother wrote:
Why don't they do like folks in Winchester, VA do for their Apple Blossom Parade? Non-profit agencies are allowed to set up blocked sections of folding chairs along the parade route. They then sell the seats--you can pick your favorite spot or favorite agency to support and pay for your seat. They put a piece of tape with your name on each of the seats. You can then walk around the main street and visit the shops and vendors, come back several hours later and settle into your seat. The agencies are not allowed to set up the chairs until the morning of the parade. I'm sure they pay for a block in which to set up their chairs, but hey--everybody wins. The city gets money for the blocked sections, the agencies get money for selling the seats, and we the people get a good seat for the show--and I don't mind paying if I know my money is helping a good cause.
How about it, Hanover?
Please.. your suggestion makes way too much sense so it will not fly around here where the battle cry is "But we have done it this way for year....."
Good thoughts

Bendersville, PA

#45 Oct 29, 2009
Big Brother wrote:
Why don't they do like folks in Winchester, VA do for their Apple Blossom Parade? Non-profit agencies are allowed to set up blocked sections of folding chairs along the parade route. They then sell the seats--you can pick your favorite spot or favorite agency to support and pay for your seat. They put a piece of tape with your name on each of the seats. You can then walk around the main street and visit the shops and vendors, come back several hours later and settle into your seat. The agencies are not allowed to set up the chairs until the morning of the parade. I'm sure they pay for a block in which to set up their chairs, but hey--everybody wins. The city gets money for the blocked sections, the agencies get money for selling the seats, and we the people get a good seat for the show--and I don't mind paying if I know my money is helping a good cause.
How about it, Hanover?
Big Brother,

That is an Excellent Idea! Thank you!
Tater Salad

Middletown, PA

#46 Oct 29, 2009
I will be a driven the poop truck in that ther parade. Has my cuz Tater Gummer longs. Poor guy his betetr halfs lost deamond ring thinks dog ate it, guess what he doing now, right looking through dog poop. I'll tell you he is mad can't keep short bus a runnen now deamond ring go missing. I'm tellen him he wanta ride wif me he has to have choppers in so he can eat all da candy we gits.
look no further

Cockeysville, MD

#47 Oct 29, 2009
I once ate a live chicken. My boots are full of king syrup. My mon has a bi-plane, but she doesn't fly. Dad was the founding member of a rock group, never practiced and didn't have any members....but they were good.
The other day I farted but no one noticed, maybe it was because I was alone in my car, but still, I would have thought someone would have said somehting. My car does 99mph, but I've only had it up to 115mph. I love dogs, they taste great.

It was a friday evening when i realized hey...it's friday. That's cool, but whats better is that the very next day....it was saturday. One time I shot my gun, but it wasn't loaded so no one got hurt. I live alone with my wife and kids. Serioulsy, if a tree fell on me, would it make a sound?

I like fast cars that don't start. So does my buddy, he's blind. I got into a fight with a guy, he was mean....until I ate his head in front of him.

Hope you all enjoyed me writting what equates to the same thing you all are writting.....CRAP! SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE PARADE IF YOU WANT TO, IF NOT STAY HOME AND EAT YOUR CAT.
Salad Bar

Chambersburg, PA

#48 Oct 29, 2009
Is there going to be food at this parade? I like to eat all the time and must have food.
Friend from the past

East Berlin, PA

#49 Oct 29, 2009
It's "tradition" :
A set of customs or practices /
Beliefs or customs taught by one generation to the next.

No rhyme or reason.
What's the big deal?
If you don't like Hanover's Halloween Week "tradition" or agree with it - then you really don't have to participate.

It's fun and it harms nothing by doing it this way.
Aren't there better things in Hanover and the surrounding area to get wound up about?

I like it the way it is.

Ok- make your comments.......
Rizzle

Bernville, PA

#50 Oct 29, 2009
People should be watching the world series, not going to a meaningless parade.
Barn E Fife

Philadelphia, PA

#51 Oct 29, 2009
It is about time the boro did this. These slags who think they claim a place on a public street by placing a chair there are IDIOTS. There are thousands of these IDIOTS in Hanover. Every year more do the same like following sheep to hell. This town is full of dumb bunnies.
Facts

Baltimore, MD

#52 Oct 29, 2009
duh wrote:
I thought there's a drug problem in Hanover. Why don't we focus on that instead of focusing on stupid chairs.
Because this didn't involve the police? Because organizations are (shocking!) able to handle more than one thing at a time?
JRab

Mississauga, Canada

#53 Oct 29, 2009
Barn E Fife wrote:
It is about time the boro did this. These slags who think they claim a place on a public street by placing a chair there are IDIOTS. There are thousands of these IDIOTS in Hanover. Every year more do the same like following sheep to hell. This town is full of dumb bunnies.
LOL @ "dumb bunnies"!!!
CMB

Tuscaloosa, AL

#54 Oct 29, 2009
F the chairs. F the parade. F Hanover.
Need a new mayor

Los Angeles, CA

#55 Oct 29, 2009
oh brown's only doing this for publicity. hasn't done anything for years, but hmmm, decides to make some noise before the election...
wishing

Pleasanton, CA

#56 Oct 29, 2009
I would like to go to the parade. I have to work though. People who think the parade is stupid. Well kids love it and it helps people to forget all the bad things in life, if just for a little bit.
Common Tater

Harrisburg, PA

#57 Oct 29, 2009
Friend from the past wrote:
It's "tradition" :
A set of customs or practices /
Beliefs or customs taught by one generation to the next.
No rhyme or reason.
What's the big deal?
If you don't like Hanover's Halloween Week "tradition" or agree with it - then you really don't have to participate.
It's fun and it harms nothing by doing it this way.
Aren't there better things in Hanover and the surrounding area to get wound up about?
I like it the way it is.
Ok- make your comments.......
Very well said! Applause, applause :)
OBJECTS IN MIRROR

Gettysburg, PA

#58 Oct 29, 2009
Now that I've had my daily chuckle reading these posts I think I'll settle back in my CHAIR and watch some college football and the world series. In a couple of days I can laugh again when the police log hits the paper with all of tonight's criminal activity surrounding the parade.
Stupid anyway

Philadelphia, PA

#59 Oct 29, 2009
...Penn Township having T or T on TUESDAY, Hanover having the parade on THURSDAY, and the actual day is SATURDAY! Why not make the WHOLE month Halloween!

Why not hold the parade and T or T in JULY!! At least it would be warmer!

What a joke!
20hanoverian

Philadelphia, PA

#60 Oct 29, 2009
Is the parade being televised? Can't find the channel.
OBJECTS IN MIRROR

Gettysburg, PA

#61 Oct 29, 2009
20hanoverian wrote:
Is the parade being televised? Can't find the channel.
What ever you do don't look for the TV guide listing in the paper! Just ask any old fart in Hanover and they will tell you about that piece being cut from the paper.
santa

Chambersburg, PA

#62 Oct 29, 2009
they should make it 6:30pm instead of 5pm for the idiots....
curious

Pittston, PA

#63 Oct 29, 2009
I personally always enjoyed the view of the streets just after the parade was over and the people found their way home. The streets and sidewalks littered with trash leave a perfect impression of what that town is like. What a freaking dump!!! And you know darn well some idiot will get his a$$ whipped tonight all over a freaking lawn chair. I dont know if thats funny or just pathetic.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Nov 11 Lippy the legend 7,418
Snyder's Lance - Morrisville NC Oct 29 Ronald Trump 2
News Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct '17 JT100uk 40
Fill dirt Aug '17 Ticklish 10
News Hanover-area man charged in child sex sting (Aug '12) Aug '17 Walt 11
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug '17 Archie 15
Pa. Game commisssion sucks (Nov '11) Aug '17 badcomm 31

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance