CV school board appoints new member

CV school board appoints new member

There are 11 comments on the Evening Sun story from Oct 12, 2010, titled CV school board appoints new member. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Conewago Valley School District has appointed someone to fill a school board seat left vacant last month due to a resignation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Trimmer cracks me up

Hanover, PA

#1 Oct 13, 2010
The super is afraid of Colgan and his strong opinions on issues. He wants someone in there who he won't have to buck.
Fred

Mechanicsburg, PA

#2 Oct 13, 2010
This is exactly correct. It is no secret that Mr. Colgan would be a very strong advocate for taxpayers and Mr. Trimmer and the board ran scared. Cudos Mr. Colgan for stepping up and putting your words into action. PLEASE run for the seat when it is up for re-election! This is exactly the representation we need.
Strong Point

Mechanicsburg, PA

#3 Oct 13, 2010
"Mrs. Baker thought it was important to be part of the voting process even though she is out of state right now,"

You bet your ascot she did. Wonder if Mrs. Baker would have been so adament about being involved in voting if Mr. Colgan weren't one of the candidates.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 13, 2010
Wonder if Conrad was hand picked by the board. Perhaps the Evening Sun should do an investigative piece to show the process of how she was picked. Was her application put in at the 11th hour, only afte Cogan put his name in? Come on Marc Charisse put the hounds on this one.
Get Real

Hanover, PA

#5 Oct 13, 2010
I believe this is the wacko Colgan's son. Isn't it the father that is always writing the letters to the editor? The son definitely lives on Ridge Ave and he has tried to set the record straight many times that he isn't the author of all of those letters to the editor. Most of us have already formed an opinion about the Colgan clan. I am intersted in learning what qualifications Conrad has to serve on the board.
Hanoverian

Rockville, MD

#6 Oct 13, 2010
Get Real wrote:
I believe this is the wacko Colgan's son. Isn't it the father that is always writing the letters to the editor? The son definitely lives on Ridge Ave and he has tried to set the record straight many times that he isn't the author of all of those letters to the editor. Most of us have already formed an opinion about the Colgan clan. I am intersted in learning what qualifications Conrad has to serve on the board.
I'm not sure about the "wacko" part, but this is definitely the younger Dan Colgan that lives on Ridge Avenue.

I don't agree with a lot of his views, but it's a shame he didn't win. I admit that he holds CVSD's feet to the fire on a lot of issues and think he would have done a good job. I'm sure Dr. Trimmer and company were looking out for THEIR best interests ...
Strong Point

Mechanicsburg, PA

#7 Oct 13, 2010
Wacko?- Let's cease the namecalling huh and call it what it is - You disagree with his stances so obviously he is wack...right?-
I think people who attack others simple for having an opinion that veers from their own are wackos buddy! You need to get REAL!-
Tommy Boy

Shippensburg, PA

#8 Oct 13, 2010
I think this should have been titled: "CV School Board Annoints new member". My guess is nobody else was a candidate until Mr. Colgan stepped up. There was NO way the school board was going to allow someone with strong opinions on it. That would get in the way of their agenda!- My guess. Alot of phone calls went out to the good ole boy network so they had someone else to chose. Colgan... run for the full term when it is open - give us a worthy candidate!
reallynow

Hanover, PA

#9 Oct 13, 2010
Tommy Boy wrote:
I think this should have been titled: "CV School Board Annoints new member". My guess is nobody else was a candidate until Mr. Colgan stepped up. There was NO way the school board was going to allow someone with strong opinions on it. That would get in the way of their agenda!- My guess. Alot of phone calls went out to the good ole boy network so they had someone else to chose. Colgan... run for the full term when it is open - give us a worthy candidate!
Agree the Board 'runs' the show -their school their kids their way or the highway. There are many in the Administration who should have been removed long ago. Pitiful how they have discouraged parents from attending the meetings with their dictatorship attitudes. They also should focus on their dear prize possessions who consistently violate the so called school rules -Oh wait, it does not apply to their pets. Get with the program some of your prize students are setting a bad example on younger students. They have the attitude that because they are related, in sports or cheer they are immune. you have your resources, do your job. Check out facebook myspace cell phones. party on weekends updating their facebook status from class. my kid showed me where a kid posted a photo of herself pretending to grab a teachers rear end. Those who you think are little darlings are the cream of the crop. how do parents reply to their kids when this stuff is overlooked. kids dont trust the school to get involved and get bullied when they do.
Ralph

Shippensburg, PA

#10 Oct 13, 2010
Our taxes have gone up exponentially over the past five years...all because this board is unwilling to stand up to teachers who siphon more and more of our money and work less and less.

I'd like to know when Colgan notified the district of his desire and then when Ms. Conrad communicated her interest in the position. I echo previous posters in the thought that its probably very telling.
pondering

Hanover, PA

#11 Oct 15, 2010
Ralph wrote:
Our taxes have gone up exponentially over the past five years...all because this board is unwilling to stand up to teachers who siphon more and more of our money and work less and less.
I'd like to know when Colgan notified the district of his desire and then when Ms. Conrad communicated her interest in the position. I echo previous posters in the thought that its probably very telling.
It's not the Teachers, it's the Administration, Board and Teachers Union. Demands, Demands, Demands all from the pockets of tax payers. Do you really think they pay enough in to get their retirement? The amount paid into their plan is such a small percentage & each year the mountain grows and dips into tax payers pockets deeper. It's out of control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Aug 27 Who dat 6,081
Snyder lance Aug 19 unknown 4
News Heroin problem grows in Hanover area (Nov '08) Aug 18 Joan Bennett 323
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Jul '15 Truthfull1 11
Review: Happy Nails Jul '15 George Costanza 2
News Heroin sentence 12 years (Jun '10) Jun '15 gab 93
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr '15 Trista Biddle 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages