Jo-Ann Fabrics to return to Hanover

Jo-Ann Fabrics to return to Hanover

There are 40 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 1, 2011, titled Jo-Ann Fabrics to return to Hanover. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

This former movie theater at the North Point Plaza on Carlisle Street will be demolished as part of the renovations planned at the former Delco Plaza.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Borough resident

Elyria, OH

#21 Mar 2, 2011
Yippee!!! I won't have to drive to Frederick anymore to shop at Joann's! Yippee!!! Thank you, thank you!
Craftymom

Hanover, PA

#22 Mar 2, 2011
Hooray! Another place to buy fabrics and crafts. I am so excited. Can't wait. Also glad that there will be some new jobs for some of the unemployed.
excuse me

Hanover, PA

#23 Mar 2, 2011
I'm def glad that Jo-ann's is coming back to Hanover. I will def go there to shop. I am always looking for yarn to knit and crochet with.
zoe4196

East Haven, CT

#24 Mar 2, 2011
Very happy to hear that Jo Ann's will be coming. Also did anyone notice the short sentence talking about Hobby Lobby, or is that old news? I really like the one in Chambersburg but its too far to drive unless I need to buy A LOT of supplies. YAY!!
Get With The Times

Hanover, PA

#25 Mar 2, 2011
zoe4196 wrote:
Very happy to hear that Jo Ann's will be coming. Also did anyone notice the short sentence talking about Hobby Lobby, or is that old news? I really like the one in Chambersburg but its too far to drive unless I need to buy A LOT of supplies. YAY!!
Good bye AC Moore. Seriously doubt Hanover can support both AC Moore and Hobby Lobby.
cathy

Hanover, PA

#26 Mar 2, 2011
Best news I heard this week!!! Joann's coming back to Hanover. Can't wait!! Won't have to drive to Westminster. Hope I can get my job back. Thank you Thank you Thank you.
hanGover

Myerstown, PA

#27 Mar 2, 2011
Get With The Times wrote:
<quoted text>
Good bye AC Moore. Seriously doubt Hanover can support both AC Moore and Hobby Lobby.
i dont think ac moore's business will be effected by joann's returning...ac moore has very little fabric, that's not their main business. they are more of a 'we have a LITTLE bit of everything'. joann's has row after row after row of fabric...
the truth hurts

Hanover, PA

#28 Mar 2, 2011
Did I miss the story on Aroogas? It opened on Thursday but I haven't seen any publicity.
MommaMia

Hanover, PA

#31 Mar 2, 2011
Thank goodness! People will be able to enter and exit Pizza Hut safely.
Really

Hanover, PA

#32 Mar 2, 2011
JACK wrote:
thats why im glad i dont live in stupid hanover any more, why tear down a good building and spend money to re build another so stupid hanover
You're right Jack....and they should have left the eyesore downtown stand too. There was history there right? That strip has sat vacant for a long time and anything that they can do to revamp it and build the commercial base I say go for it. Don't bother bringing your money to Hanover. Probably nothing here you need anyway.
Common sense

Gettysburg, PA

#34 Mar 3, 2011
While we are on the subject of new stores, we need a decent vitamin store with decent prices to give some competition to the one on Carlisle St, who is way overpriced. Vitamin Shoppe would work well, there is one opening in Westminster, but one closer to home would be nice.
Just Saying More

Hanover, PA

#35 Mar 3, 2011
"Ultimate" is shutting down already in York, weren't they supposed to be one of the stores in Gateway?
A Garland

Carlisle, PA

#36 Mar 3, 2011
I am absolutely thrilled about the JoAnn fabric store coming to town It was a shame for us to have to travel to find a decent fabric store.
Steve

Moorestown, NJ

#37 Mar 3, 2011
I think that Ultimate has filed bankruptcy. I doubt that we will be seeing them come to the new Gateway.
Seamstress

Hanover, PA

#38 Mar 3, 2011
Glad to hear of JoAnn Fabrics coming to Hanover.I hated to see it leave the last time.Can't wait!Will definitely shop there,maybe even work there sometime!
Drunken Veteran

Hanover, PA

#39 Mar 3, 2011
the truth hurts wrote:
Did I miss the story on Aroogas? It opened on Thursday but I haven't seen any publicity.
No, you didn't miss it. No one cares.

They need pool tables, hot chicks, and good food.
Anonymous

Hanover, PA

#40 Mar 4, 2011
JoAnne's opens again. 3 months later, out of business because who needs another store and fabric stores aren't exactly a hot commodity.
zoe4196

East Haven, CT

#41 Mar 4, 2011
Get With The Times wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that AC Moore has a very good inventory, so I'm fine with that. Hopefulyl the employees can get jobs at Jo Ann's or Hobby Lobby. I certainly don't want to see anyone lose their job.
mamakyle

Curtis Bay, MD

#42 Aug 22, 2011
I am jumping for joy that JoAnn's is returning to Hanover! I do NOT like driving to York or to Westminster! Now if Boscovs will only come to the Mall things will REALLY be SWEET in Hanover!
yippee

Hanover, PA

#43 Aug 25, 2011
I think it is great with all the new stores coming to town...it means each store will try to keep their prices down so we as customers should get the best deals! I think it is a win win situation!

Did anyone see that Gino's are trying to make a comeback...they are scheduled to open 13 restaurants...Remember the Gino Giants or Hero burgers! One restaurant just opened in Westminster and the line was really long!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 5 hr Johnny owns wharf 6,765
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun 21 Davenport 2
107178 PB Filled Pieces Jun 15 Mattiecakes918 1
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun 14 Mary jane 3
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) May '16 VroomVroom717 13
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr '16 mymomwasscammed 28
News Last person pleads in $4.8M cocaine ring Mar '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages